• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone give me a reason to join one of these factions. One weapon that stands out, a piece of gear, anything. Please?

That's what I'm thinking(even though my vanguard gift was like a strange coin), but which one? They all seem identical.

You don't need gear do you? Future War Cult has Intellect and Discipline on their amour which is the best combo imo. Their weapons aren't great though. New Monarchy has the Vanquisher which is a pretty good auto rifle. Dead Orbit doesn't have the greatest stuff. Do that one after you've done the others.

kaiiri

Yeah, Septiks also does void damage though.

you hide in the room to the left of where you enter the lair and he'll never hit you. you won't even really have to deal with the adds either except a couple of them and one rocket blast or even super will deal with them. granted I am a 29 I was using blue void weapons and was able to take out the boss solo pretty easily... tedious... boring.. annoying... but easily.

ocean

Banned
nightfall is actually easier isn't it with the void damage buff (given you have a void weapon?) I did it with a rare sniper and rare machine gun / rocket launcher combo.
Nah, I ran them back to back and the difference is dramatic. Shanks and many other enemies are not shielded in the Weekly 28 unlike the Nightfall. On a more subjective note, enemies dealt more damage in the Nightfall? I wasn't the only one on my Fireteam who noticed this.

After the Nightfall the Weekly 28 went by like a breeze.

TTG

You don't need gear do you? Future War Cult has Intellect and Discipline on their amour which is the best combo imo. Their weapons aren't great though. New Monarchy has the Vanquisher which is a pretty good auto rifle. Dead Orbit doesn't have the greatest stuff. Do that one after you've done the others.

Slightly less range than my Grim Citizen, but more stability, but then again my rifle "grows more accurate the longer it is fired." I guess I'll start with them anyway. Thanks.

Edit: ohhh, the upgrades are nice.

Midas

Nah, I ran them back to back and the difference is dramatic. Shanks and many other enemies are not shielded in the Weekly 28 unlike the Nightfall. On a more subjective note, enemies dealt more damage in the Nightfall? I wasn't the only one on my Fireteam who noticed this.

I felt that nightfall was easier than weekly 28.

Nothing deals more damage in the Nightfall outside of servitors and some of the hive enemies.

kaiiri

makes sense. just figured with void damage (I was using a machine gun) for shielded enemies they went down like there weren't shields to begin with. so as long as you are taking care not to get hit it was easy.. but you're right with less shielded enemies overall the weekly would be easier. I haven't done the weekly yet myself. but I guess i'll see tomorrow.

makes sense. just figured with void damage (I was using a machine gun) for shielded enemies they went down like there weren't shields to begin with. so as long as you are taking care not to get hit it was easy.. but you're right with less shielded enemies overall the weekly would be easier. I haven't done the weekly yet myself. but I guess i'll see tomorrow.

For me, the nightfall went much faster for the reason you stated. Atheons Epilogue just made it so easy. The only shields that are annoying are the shanks and I used Icebreaker for those.

kaiiri

For me, the nightfall went much faster for the reason you stated. Atheons Epilogue just made it so easy. The only shields that are annoying are the shanks and I used Icebreaker for those.

exactly what I did. machine gun for captains (cause apparently I can't aim after they blink) .. and ice breaker for shanks from the safety of the green cavern-ish area. lol

Well almost beat the raid on hard. We stopped at the portals. RNG has been pretty good with me for gear. I got my last piece so ill be 30 pretty soon! Now i just want Vex/The Last Word PLZZZZ!!!

Marvel

could never
I got to 20 last night on my Hunter alt, feels good man.

Discovering at one point you accidentally must have deleted the cape you bought from the speaker for 25 motes... feels bad man.

Had a great run last night in nightfall. Got thunderlord!
So fucking sweet!

Oh snap! Congrats man.

I love my Thunderlord so much. Went on a crazy tear in a Clash game in Blind Watch. I was hanging out near B where the heavy ammo spawned. Obliterated the other team and they dropped heavy ammo all over the place. That lasted me until the next heavy ammo spawn. Went on a 19 kill streak purely off of the Thunderlord lol

Kinda sad I didn't hit 20 though :(

zoukka

CHANGED EVERYTHING!

.... vex mytho does less dmg. auto rifles does less damage. scout rifles does more damage. templar fight can't be cheesed from sniper column. pretty much it.

Yeah but I mean did it change player behaviour or PvP balance etc.

panda-zebra

That sounds like a grown up Cartman

GOD DYAMMIT BLAKE THROW YER GRENADES BLAKE
LISTEN TO WHAT I SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY THROW YER GRENADES

As to whether it works, probably. All they fixed with the patch is the ability to have the relic holder go to other areas besides the main one. Unless they fixed allowing people to stay up there

Just don't fuckin die, blake blake throw your grenades you got the wrong one just throw one grenade...

wtf?

guy sounds like an utter cunt. When we raid we have a laugh and it's fun times all 'round. If VoG was all about playing with such irritating twats as this superhero, I'd be happy to never see it a single time.

panda-zebra

Wait a minute, did they patch Atheon cheese or not? I was in a game where we knocked him off the platform and he respawned. But I don't see anyone here talking about it.

That could happen maybe if you all wiped before he fell deep enough... or maybe it's just glitchy raid being glitchy raid?

2 of us did the quick push on hard the other day, it gave us a results screen to say we died, but we got the trophy for hard completion and goodies after a teleport and death inside portal. Weird stuff can happen in there :)

RSP

I was playing during the time the world got reset yesterday, and noticed that all of the sudden monsters kept spawning and at an increasing rate as well. No public event was going on and I was just patrolling cosmodrome. Is this something that happens every time the world is reset? Was kind of cool to fight a lot of enemies at once.

Bollocks

Definitely LTTP but what is the point of a clan?
I have GAF as my clan but it's useless because I don't see nobody.
That sort of defeats the purpose of a clan.

Zocano

Welp. I sat down today. Created a warlock and now I'm lv 18. What a way to start my day.

Maybe I should get around to doing that raid eventually, though. My titan needs something to do.

Marvel

could never
I seriously do not remember deleting any class items... I'm calling shenanigans by the latest patch. It was in my inventory before it I know it! lol

someday

Banned
Just getting to the Devil Walker in Nightfall. Anyone who wants to join, please feel free. I'm setting my fireteam to open. I'm wearing headphones but not using the mic since it's late.

Help!

ZangBa

Vanguard rank 11! Got the same legendary machine gun for the 4th time now. I wonder if 12 is really the cap, will probably find out next week.

So I got pocket infinity from the exotic weapon bounty. Seems worse than my legendary fusion rifles, plus I can't see full auto being useful with only 3 rounds per magazine. Already considering dismantling the thing.

Bungie giveth and bungle taketh away.

Vanguard rank 11! Got the same legendary machine gun for the 4th time now. I wonder if 12 is really the cap, will probably find out next week.

Why don't you level the factions. I'm something like Vanguard rank 4, Dead Orbit rank 3, FWC rank 3, New Monarchy rank 1.

ocean

Banned
Just getting to the Devil Walker in Nightfall. Anyone who wants to join, please feel free. I'm setting my fireteam to open. I'm wearing headphones but not using the mic since it's late.

Help!

Tip: if you have Ice Breaker snipe away at the Devil Walker from the entrance to that clearing spot. If you don't move forward the mobs won't shoot at all. You'll kill him without even being attacked. You can then clear out a few mobs before Sparrowing through the entrance to the Devil's Lair.

Once you go up the stairs, enter the room to your immediate left as soon as the gates open. You have a window you can shoot out of and some stairs to duck behind when the Servitor goes directly in front of the window. No enemies will go inside the room (though they will spam grenades), it's the safest spot to shoot from.

I'm not at home, but if you have to solo it and are patient these strategies should keep you alive in case you don't get a second. If you do get a second, tell him to join you in that room. If he stays at the entrance (the "bone room"), a Captain/Vandal mob will swarm you right away.

Palocca

So I got pocket infinity from the exotic weapon bounty. Seems worse than my legendary fusion rifles, plus I can't see full auto being useful with only 3 rounds per magazine. Already considering dismantling the thing.

Bungie giveth and bungle taketh away.

But it's still amazing. I shred through pvp even with the low ammo count

Completed Nightfall and got "Patience and Time" as a reward. I do love the sound it makes when I fire off a shot. Gonna have to upgrade this as fast as I can though. Didn't seem all that effective against the reaver captains when I did the weekly strike at the highest level

No real reason to. Vanguard gives me items every level, whereas the factions would need to get up to rank 3 to start getting things.

Fair enough. I like having the extra options for buying gear and weapons. Still mega frustrated that the entire Tower only sells ONE rocket launcher, and it's Solar, like Gjallarhorn.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn I'm raking in Ass Shards/Energy now, all 3 chars now able to do almost everything except Hard Raid on 2 of them

0D1LTuK.jpg

Went from 11-25 in under 6 hours,not bad

ZangBa

Fair enough. I like having the extra options for buying gear and weapons. Still mega frustrated that the entire Tower only sells ONE rocket launcher, and it's Solar, like Gjallarhorn.

In the beginning, I was planning out what gear I would get, and I determined pretty much every faction item outside of the Vanguard and Crucible was of no use to me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom