• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not at home so I can't check but when you click on the harder difficulties doesn't it say "extra xp" or something like that? or was that just when doing story missions while leveling?

That's just the completion XP from story missions the first time you run them. Doesn't show up after the first time.

The part I'm not sure about is if killing higher level enemies gives more XP and more drops.

JNA

Banned
I'm also a sunbro and got Voidfang Vestments from Xur last weekend. Even though they're not for sunbros, they have a grenade perk that's actually quite good. Whenever you respawn or revive your grenade is ready to be used. And if you chose the 2 grenades perk you'll have 2 ready.

But I also want Heart of the Praxic Fire. That Façade of the Hezen Lords, combined with either exotic robes, though...

Ugh that's the one I want!

Really hope Xur sells that this weekend. Would be awesome to get and then I would only need raid boosts to finally get to level 30.

Bungie plz.

So, what's the Shingen-E of scout rifles for crucible these days? I have that solar scout rifle from the raid, I wonder if it's good.

Vision of confluence? It's probably the best SR now.

The only thing driving me was the vex. Now that they've nerfed that to oblivion I don't feel like playing the game anymore.

I removed it form my console and bought The Evil Within and Shadows of Mordor.
Maybe i'll download destiny again in December.

At least you got to 30, I'm still hoping for the raid boots to drop. Got a mythoclast though :p

MilkBeard

I'm at around 90 hours with one character, and that's having done the raid once. I'm about to do it again now that it refreshed. When my friend starts playing in the next few months, I'm going to start a new character and play through the story missions with him. Then the DLC in December...

Ugh that's the one I want!

Really hope Xur sells that this weekend. Would be awesome to get and then I would only need raid boosts to finally get to level 30.

Bungie plz.

It's on the 'list' of stuff Xur is supposed to sell so hopefully it shows up at some point. Voidfang is kind of underwhelming for PVE. I'm curious what it'd be like to spec deeply into strength with a Warlock and use a lot of Energy Drain melee to replenish grenades and pick the last skill which gives grenades Energy Drain as well. Melee and Grenades all day.

Probably get shotgunned running up in people's faces like that though :(

Anyone else noticed sometimes collection bounties are fucked and no one drops anything? When it happens even when I abandon the objective and get a other 1 thats fucked n all, I have to orbit and land again for it to reset.

JNA

Banned
It's on the 'list' of stuff Xur is supposed to sell so hopefully it shows up at some point. Voidfang is kind of underwhelming for PVE. I'm curious what it'd be like to spec deeply into strength with a Warlock and use a lot of Energy Drain melee to replenish grenades and pick the last skill which gives grenades Energy Drain as well. Melee and Grenades all day.

Probably get shotgunned running up in people's faces like that though :(

I can tell ya since my current strength is 82% and was 100% before the raid helmet.

It's good for every PVE mode except raid. Unless you also have a lot of discipline, you're better off ignoring strength and just going with intellect and discipline. Combine that with Heart of the Praxic fire and I heard the grenade cool downs only last within a few seconds! Fusion grenades ahoy! :D

darkwing

Hahahaha, man that's awesome.
For all the shit they get from the community, I still think Bungie shows a great deal of good humor in their community posts. And now that.

[EDIT]

"The Dood11 hours ago
The cave has more of a story than the game does."

Damn! ^^

lol The Cave was more social than the Tower

I don't know why they aren't ashamed about the loot cave like they should be. Them embracing it while the game isn't particularly rewarding yet is pretty rich.

Shito

I don't know why they aren't ashamed about the loot cave like they should be. Them embracing it while the game isn't particularly rewarding yet is pretty rich.
I don't know why they "should" be ashamed of it, really.
People found some kind of "exploit" in the game, they didn't agree with letting it rock, so they removed it. And they joke about it because it had such a huge impact that why the hell not?
It's not like this easter egg took them weeks, or even days to develop.
I kinda like when devs show a little bit of self-mockery, I don't know why we should take our hobby so goddamn seriously all the time. ^^

MilkBeard

I don't know why they "should" be ashamed of it, really.
People found some kind of "exploit" in the game, they didn't agree with letting it rock, so they removed it. And they joke about it because it had such a huge impact that why the hell not?
It's not like this easter egg took them weeks, or even days to develop.
I kinda like when devs show a little bit of self-mockery, I don't know why we should take our hobby so goddamn seriously all the time. ^^

I agree with you. I tried it a few times for shits and giggles back when the loot cave was still active. I'm actually bummed they nerfed it simply because every hour or so the place would become swarmed with a crazy number of enemies. Those glitch moments were pretty awesome.

I'm still a bit confused about this. I did the raid on hard yesterday, will I get any rewards for doing it on normal?

Everyone in my fireteam said something else the other day.

I agree with you. I tried it a few times for shits and giggles back when the loot cave was still active. I'm actually bummed they nerfed it simply because every hour or so the place would become swarmed with a crazy number of enemies. Those glitch moments were pretty awesome.

Doesn't this still happen? It's kind of a public event. You'll get the message "The enemies are moving against each other."
It happens on some other places too.

e2134174a61417b1905780407c331e39.png

8FxEa.gif

Thats not a glitch its a event happened twice yesterday.
It happens on mars as well by the start where the vex and cabal fight, love it when it happens it's chaos.

My issue is that it isn't really behind them. The game is riddled with issues including the one which lead to the loot cave and its ilk taking off. They can do this cute stuff later.

Ambitious

Devil's Lair is my go-to strike for times when I want to do a strike as quickly as possible, like for some bounties. So I'm really tired of it.

On Saturday, I had to complete a strike without dying, so I started it once again. I screwed up and died within five minutes. Nevertheless finished it, didn't want to just leave my fireteam there. Grudgingly, I tried it once again, and screwed up once again right at the beginning. Finished it again.

"Fuck this", I said to myself, and selected the Tiger playlist. Devil's fucking Lair. I completed it without dying, but I was pissed.

Soon later I got a bounty: "Complete five strikes without dying"
And two times out of five (or was it three? I can't remember), it was Devil's Lair again.

LOL

Nightfall and Weekly are The Devil's Lair, HAHA!

OH COME THE FUCK ON

Mrgamer

Shout out for college_boy and his friend for helping out iin the nightfall last night,
got the light beyond nemesis exotic helmet,now just need chest and arms and level 30 will be mine.

Summoning Pits and Nexus are much faster than Devil's Lair. One section then run to the boss for both of those. Devil's Lair has the spider tank mid-boss.

kaiiri

Devil's Lair is my go-to strike for times when I want to do a strike as quickly as possible, like for some bounties. So I'm really tired of it.

On Saturday, I had to complete a strike without dying, so I started it once again. I screwed up and died within five minutes. Nevertheless finished it, didn't want to just leave my fireteam there. Grudgingly, I tried it once again, and screwed up once again right at the beginning. Finished it again.

"Fuck this", I said to myself, and selected the Tiger playlist. Devil's fucking Lair. I completed it without dying, but I was pissed.

Soon later I got a bounty: "Complete five strikes without dying"
And two times out of five (or was it three? I can't remember), it was Devil's Lair again.

OH COME THE FUCK ON

is devil's lair a lot faster for doing the "complete with dying" then summoning pits? I have to do them and i'm torn between wanting to do them all in a row vs just doing them periodically each day as I do bounties and such.

Hyun Sai

I don't know I used suros yesterday for soloing nightfall and it killed crap quick enough. I haven't switched to my scout rifle yet to compare tho I guess.

People are overeacting as usual. I did the Nightfall with Shadow Price yesterday and it was doing extremely well. AR were that powerful before.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone up for Nightfall?

My 26 Titan needs it, others friend needs for bad juju completion

PSN me, GraveRobberX if not on your FR
Will wait 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom