• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomquake

10 strange coins as a nightfall reward..then 9 for the weekly.
Sigh. This game gives me no gear drops but lately showers me with currency.

ocean

Banned
Damn I'm raking in Ass Shards/Energy now, all 3 chars now able to do almost everything except Hard Raid on 2 of them
Went from 11-25 in under 6 hours,not bad

Skullfort? <3 I unequipped by Inmost Light so I could level my No Backup Plans, but it's the Insurmountable Skullfort I most look forward. Total vanity decision; I don't even know what the perks on it are.

kaiiri

I was playing during the time the world got reset yesterday, and noticed that all of the sudden monsters kept spawning and at an increasing rate as well. No public event was going on and I was just patrolling cosmodrome. Is this something that happens every time the world is reset? Was kind of cool to fight a lot of enemies at once.

were you in that area with the old loot cave was? cause in that area the hive and fallen will periodically have a huge battle against each other and spawn a crap ton for it. it is pretty cool to see.. you can easily get swarmed over if you're not paying attention. lol.

Marvel

could never
ihCuRDDv0bLxB.gif

Hey, if anyone has a spare Blacksmith shader code for PS4, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you.

ocean

Banned
53 Strange Coins. My Xûr wishlist for this weekend:

1. SUROS Regime (god please)
  2. Insurmountable Skullfort (Daft Punk style for my Titan)
  3. Monte Carlo (I know it's shaky but oh so pretty)
  4. Gjallarhorn (I feel like I'm the only guy around here who doesn't have it)

Do it you shady bastard.

kaiiri

Do it you shady bastard.

me needs gjallarhorn still too! been wanting it! ... but ice breaker was definitely a nice grab tho! XD

Gaf when doing missions, what is the perks of doing the highest level for them?

Better loot?
More XP?

Do it you shady bastard.

I don't have any of those things either :I

Only got 15 coins too god dammit!

Carn82

Silly noobquestion: is inventory shared/marks between chars? Wont be doing the raid anytime soon so thinking about leveling up an alt. Already have an almost full set of legendary Titan-gear lying around in the vault.

kaiiri

Gaf when doing missions, what is the perks of doing the highest level for them?

Better loot?
More XP?

when doing the daily you get ass shards... but if it's just random missions (like for bounties and such) I believe it's just increased xp. (tho I could be wrong I never do anything higher than the lowest hard level for bounties)

Midas

Do it you shady bastard.

I actually like the Monte Carlo. But yeah, compared to the Shadow Price, it's shaky.

Spiders

Do it you shady bastard.

I'm hoping for Thunderlord or Gjallarhorn and The Armamentarium or exotic body armor engram so I can roll the dice.

Is there no legendary gear unique to drops in this game aside from raid?

Juat noticed that every single legendary I have seen drop for me and friends is gear available at vendors..

Does no one think this is a bit shit? I pick up purps now and I'm no longer excited as I know it's somethi g I have seen already at vendors and been rank 3 for every but the crucible I can buy them..

when doing the daily you get ass shards... but if it's just random missions (like for bounties and such) I believe it's just increased xp. (tho I could be wrong I never do anything higher than the lowest hard level for bounties)

I'm the same as you, I always pick the lowest level purely for Efficency but when I was thinking about it there, what's the point In even giving us the option of there's no chance of better loot, ie, greater chance of legendary engram or something.

Did my first VoG run. Got a chest piece and Vision of Confluence. The chest piece doesn't seem any better than a regular legendary?
You will need 3 raid lengendary armor and a extoic max out to reach level 30. Or 4 raid lengendary armor.

Edit: the random loot drop still hates me, only useful thing I got from a loot drop is the raid gauntlets lengardy armor. I guess ass shards will be useful when I upgrade it.

jadedm17

That was so painful to listen to.

How can anyone have the patience to be like that. If all the sudden I woke up and started talking and behaving like that, I would hate life.

It has to be exhausting being that kind of person.

"I hate when he does this"

Does what, not fall of the map when you try to exploit his patterns?

Yea, that's what I took from this video too.

Titan 1 - 66 hours
Titan 2 - 26 hours
Hunter - 20 hours

112 hours

Is that a lot? ;_;

My Warlock is over 100, my Hunter is around 15 and I play far too much so.... Yes. Yes it is.
i have no plans to stop anytime soon.

Thinking of Xur, correct me if I am wrong, but we've had

Rocket Launcher
Pulse Rifle
Auto Rifle
Sniper Rifle

So maybe a machine gun this week? Would love an Exotic Scout or Hand Cannon.

JNA

Banned
Just cheesed boss on hard mode and I got...

Raid helmet warlock
Legendary speeder
VEX!

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! Finally good stuff!

jadedm17

Looking at around 158 hours, myself ._. stay in school, kids. Seriously, I can't believe I've poured so much time into a game I consider so frustrating and annoying.

I just like to shoot things with friends, the fact the gunplay is so smooth is a bonus. I've beat Army of Two and the gunplay for that was garbage. Also beat 50 Cent Bloodlines but the gunplay there wasn't bad.

Did my first VoG run. Got a chest piece and Vision of Confluence. The chest piece doesn't seem any better than a regular legendary?

If it's a raid chest piece it can be upgraded up to 30 light like an exotic, if it's a normal legendary it can only go up to 27 light. You'll need it to reach level 30.

Ken

Do it you shady bastard.

I think the only thing I really want from Xur now is an Armamentarium for my Titan. And I guess a good Hunter piece I can keep in Vault for whenever I get around to making one. I'm already having a hard time playing the Exotic Weapon slot game so I don't really need any more exotic weapons lol.

Skullfort is kind of too goofy for me. I think I actually prefer the Vanguard and Crucible heads to it.

Thinking of Xur, correct me if I am wrong, but we've had

Rocket Launcher
Pulse Rifle
Auto Rifle
Sniper Rifle

So maybe a machine gun this week? Would love an Exotic Scout or Hand Cannon.

It seems like Xur has a pool of items and its completely random what he shows up with. Lots of repeats so far, Sunbreakers especially makes me think its not a person picking what goes on sale.

I'm the same as you, I always pick the lowest level purely for Efficency but when I was thinking about it there, what's the point In even giving us the option of there's no chance of better loot, ie, greater chance of legendary engram or something.

Is there a quick way to actually verify this? I also just do the lowest hard level for bounties, but if the XP difference is signifficant, and there's a better chance for loot (which I doubt) I'll start doing them at harder levels.

kaiiri

Is there a quick way to actually verify this? I also just do the lowest hard level for bounties, but if the XP difference is signifficant, and there's a better chance for loot (which I doubt) I'll start doing them at harder levels.

i'm not at home so I can't check but when you click on the harder difficulties doesn't it say "extra xp" or something like that? or was that just when doing story missions while leveling?

TP-DK

After being level 28 for some time now, I believe its time to try the raid. So if anyone need one more for normal raid on PS4, I would be happy to join.

Im a titan defender, and psn is Redman_DK

JNA

Banned
Vision of confluence >>>> Mythocrap

Can confirm. Been using my Vision for almost 2 weeks before and it was great before the patch. Now it's godlike after the buff.

And the best part is is that it's not even an exotic. I'm free to use Icebreaker or whatever other exotic heavy or special weapon with this baby. :D

Can confirm. Been using my Vision for almost 2 weeks before and it was great before the patch. Now it's godlike after the buff.

And the best part is is that it's not even an exotic. I'm free to use Icebreaker or whatever other exotic heavy or special weapon with this baby. :D

24 hours ago The Vex was better but I've noticed I've been doing alot better with the VoC today. Not looking back now. They crapped on the gun thats the hardest to get and thats fucked up.

Well I was using an exotic helmet before (the crappy strength one) so now I have to hope Xur sells an exotic chest piece for Warlocks.

Come on please Xur sell that awesome SunBro Warlock Chest Armor! 0_0

I'm also a sunbro and got Voidfang Vestments from Xur last weekend. Even though they're not for sunbros, they have a grenade perk that's actually quite good. Whenever you respawn or revive your grenade is ready to be used. And if you chose the 2 grenades perk you'll have 2 ready.

But I also want Heart of the Praxic Fire. That Façade of the Hezen Lords, combined with either exotic robes, though...

Yu Narukami

In what way did AR get nerfed? I played PVE and didn't notice a difference. How come everybody says SR are better now? How are they better? Damage, range?

doomquake

Silly noobquestion: is inventory shared/marks between chars? Wont be doing the raid anytime soon so thinking about leveling up an alt. Already have an almost full set of legendary Titan-gear lying around in the vault.
Inventory yes, so some currency you can move. Rep and marks are tied to character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom