• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

I've asked for comparisons before so sorry for sounding like a broken record, but is it worth getting Lord High Fixer if I already have a fully upgraded Devil You Know?

Also, are any of the vendor legendary scout rifles worth buying?

I've asked for comparisons before so sorry for sounding like a broken record, but is it worth getting Lord High Fixer if I already have a fully upgraded Devil You Know?

Also, are any of the vendor legendary scout rifles worth buying?
Its pretty much the same, same as shadow price and the other auto rifles that dead orbit and co sell the difference is small. Imo.

Shito

My issue is that it isn't really behind them. The game is riddled with issues including the one which lead to the loot cave and its ilk taking off. They can do this cute stuff later.
I don't see why they should have to wait for everyone to throw roses at them to start being funny and put funny things in the game.
Also, as a game developer myself, I can guarantee you that this must have took them a few hours TOPS to add this. I agree they have quite a lot of work to do in front of them to make of the game a really good one, but it'll take them quite some time to implement fixes / new content, so let them have a little fun on the way. ^^
Yeah the game is far from perfect, but that's not a reason not to enjoy a good laugh!

Skele7on

Banned
did the raid last night.

Other than a sniper I got nothing I didn't already have.

Just need gaunlets and boots.....

Ranking my second hunter today so I can play the raid again.

I will have my level 30 soon I hope!

jetsetrez

So I'm lvl 27, have legendaries for each piece of armor and an exotic chest piece, but haven't pumped in the ascendant shard upgrades yet because I heard you should save those for raid gear. What should my next objective be? Kind of not sure what I should work on.

raid sniper is underwhelming so far. the unflinching skill on my hieracon is invaluable and nothing on the praedyth is worth giving that up. not in pvp at least.

Rixxan

So as a former Vex Mythoclast user (and I was straight up going 10.0 KD and higher pretty much every match) I have to say that the nerf made it pretty useless for me. There is no reason to pick it over the Suros Regime now.

Speaking of the Suros though that gun doesn't give a shit about any nerf they did. The increased recoil is negligible and the decreased damage you don't really notice. The only thing you really notice is the less head shot damage. At most though it takes like 2 more bullets to kill now.

So with that all in mind the Suros is the king of PvP again. I was killing people left and right with it (with my KD going back down to the usual 5 for me though). The only thing that can go up against it now is a good scout rifle user or as before the patch a good hand cannon player.

GG Bungie for making the Suros the strongest weapon again.

Can you post your lifetime stats?

EL CUCO

I'm making an alt of the same class. Would I need to replay all the story missions again?

I know I did have to on a different class.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Im willing to be a third if you need one more, but my weapons really aren't that great for this strike. Lvl 27 voidlock. If you're a bit underpowered already using your alt then maybe I'm not your guy.

PSN: MattIgoe

No player found...

Can you send me a Friend Request

Filled Up

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm making an alt of the same class. Would I need to replay all the story missions again?

I know I did have to on a different class.

Yes. It's probably the fastest way to level, anyway. That + bounties. I just ran through to the end of missions skipping as many mobs as I could.

Midas

If anyone doesn't pay attention, like me; if you get gauntlets or other armor items from the raid which you already have - check their stats before dismantling. They can be quite different. The chest armor me and my friend got for our warlocks yesterday are totally different.

Thinking of Xur, correct me if I am wrong, but we've had

Rocket Launcher
Pulse Rifle
Auto Rifle
Sniper Rifle

So maybe a machine gun this week? Would love an Exotic Scout or Hand Cannon.

I hope not. I have at least seven legendary heavy weapons. Seems to be all I get from engrams and such. That and energy.

"What do we do now?"

"WE GO DOWN"

8p10n.gif

Feorax

No player found...

Can you send me a Friend Request

Filled Up

No problem. Based on how this solo run is going, it probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

If anyone is still looking for a third and doesn't mind me being the runt of the fireteam, I'm definately up for it.

WITHE1982

Did the nightfall yesterday and the weekly level 28 twice (once solo and then again helping a couple of guys out). It is by far the easiest one yet. There's just so many great spots during the 3 main sections that you're never really in any danger of dying.

As a reward for Nightfall the other 2 guys got 12 shards each and I ended up with a legendary sniper called Epitaph 2261...

Was a bit gutted as I'd have loved 12 shards to finally reach level 29.

Anyone get anything decent from this weeks strike?

Ken

No problem. Based on how this solo run is going, it probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

If anyone is still looking for a third and doesn't mind me being the runt of the fireteam, I'm definately up for it.

Solo run isn't too bad because the cheese spots take you completely out of the enemy's target range; they don't even bother shooting at you.

Deku Tree

Did the nightfall yesterday and the weekly level 28 twice (once solo and then again helping a couple of guys out). It is by far the easiest one yet. There's just so many great spots during the 3 main sections that you're never really in any danger of dying.

As a reward for Nightfall the other 2 guys got 12 shards each and I ended up with a legendary sniper called Epitaph 2261...

Was a bit gutted as I'd have loved 12 shards to finally reach level 29.

Anyone get anything decent from this weeks strike?
I got a legendary glove engram. But I already have raid gloves so...

Oh and I got a legendary scout rifle from the nightfall.

thedan001

So After 3 weeks of raiding on normal/hard on 2 characters and no raid gear to show for it...

Today doing hard mode run, took longer after patch since we had to relearn strats but ended up just cheesing the templar along with atheon

Templar kill drops raid gloves and boots
Atheon dropped 2 raid helmets

That's 3/3 in 1 freaking run
I can keep wearing armamentarium (main chara is titan)

RNG's have finally chosen me!

BELIEVE!

I don't see why they should have to wait for everyone to throw roses at them to start being funny and put funny things in the game.
Also, as a game developer myself, I can guarantee you that this must have took them a few hours TOPS to add this. I agree they have quite a lot of work to do in front of them to make of the game a really good one, but it'll take them quite some time to implement fixes / new content, so let them have a little fun on the way. ^^
Yeah the game is far from perfect, but that's not a reason not to enjoy a good laugh!

I get your point but find the guys comment about this funnier than the actual Easter egg

Fitts

Its pretty much the same, same as shadow price and the other auto rifles that dead orbit and co sell the difference is small. Imo.

Gotcha. The increased range is what was drawing me to Fixer, but I'd be interested to see if the tradeoff is worth it considering that the Devil has the zen perk.

There's really no preference for Lord High Fixer over Devil You Know? What other crucible/New Monarchy/Future War Cult weapon is worth spending marks on? Shadow Price already covers my auto rifle needs. (and also have Vanquisher -- which I may scrap)

Concerning Vanguard, I have a Zombie Apocalypse from a drop but am considering grabbing a Swarm unless anyone has a better suggestion.

WITHE1982

I got a vanquisher VIII last night. An auto-rifle. Not sure if it is any good though yet.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vanquisher_VIII

Stats don't look too bad. Every legendary auto rifle I seem to get has almost 0 impact and a huge ROF making them almost useless.

I got a legendary glove engram. But I already have raid gloves so...

Oh and I got a legendary scout rifle from the nightfall.

Cool. Scout rifles are always welcome IMO.

Gonna have to attempt the raid soon. I'm 109 hours in and not had a real go yet. Anyone doing it this saturday night (after 8pm UK) send me an invite as I'd really like to try it from the start (PS4 ID: AST2008).

Feorax

Solo run isn't too bad because the cheese spots take you completely out of the enemy's target range; they don't even bother shooting at you.

Yeah, the deaths aren't too much of a problem. It's the fact that my only decent void weapon is a rare sniper.

Im sat hiding right now on wave 3 whilst the hive and fallen kick the shit out of each other for a bit.

Fitts

Yeah, the deaths aren't too much of a problem. It's the fact that my only decent void weapon is a rare sniper.

Im sat hiding right now on wave 3 whilst the hive and fallen kick the shit out of each other for a bit.

I didn't have a great void weapon either, so I said screw it and kitted myself with whatever I had. Solo'd it on the first go.

As others have stated, there's plenty of cover to be found in all encounters on the Devil's Lair strike.

Gotcha. The increased range is what was drawing me to Fixer, but I'd be interested to see if the tradeoff is worth it considering that the Devil has the zen perk.

There's really no preference for Lord High Fixer over Devil You Know? What other crucible/New Monarchy/Future War Cult weapon is worth spending marks on? Shadow Price already covers my auto rifle needs. (and also have Vanquisher -- which I may scrap)

Concerning Vanguard, I have a Zombie Apocalypse from a drop but am considering grabbing a Swarm unless anyone has a better suggestion.

I got a Swarm from a Cryptarch level up and I could not recommend, mine is Arc with a 35 round drum and no capacity upgrades. The reload takes for ever and I carry a total of 3 mags, unless yours has a large capacity upgrade I'd consider a Zombie Apocalypse, as soon as I get another legendary Arc LMG my Swarm is shard city

kaiiri

I didn't have a great void weapon either, so I said screw it and kitted myself with whatever I had. Solo'd it on the first go.

As others have stated, there's plenty of cover to be found in all encounters on the Devil's Lair strike.

exactly my situation as well. I only had rare void weapons but I said eff it i'll give it a try since everyone is making it out to be easy... beat it the first time through. only scare was on septiks where he bombed the room I was in and maybe I was too close to the wall but it took me to like 5% hp. never made that mistake again!

Ken

I was swapping between an unupgraded Praedyth's and Ice Breaker, but the difference in damage was only about 1k at most so I just stuck with the Ice Breaker.

hydruxo

So I'm lvl 27, have legendaries for each piece of armor and an exotic chest piece, but haven't pumped in the ascendant shard upgrades yet because I heard you should save those for raid gear. What should my next objective be? Kind of not sure what I should work on.

I'm of the opinion that you should wait until you have at least one piece of raid gear before doing any significant shard upgrades (fully max your exotic whenever you want though). Once you get that first raid piece, max that out, then decide if you want to do a couple other upgrades on your regular legendary gear to get to 29 so you can do the Hard raid for double loot and subsequently a higher chance of getting raid gear. Or you can just wait until you get all pieces of raid gear, but that's boring.

Personally, I just took the former route and upgraded to get 29.

Ourobolus

Banned
Where is the safe spot during the last boss of the Nightfall this week? I keep getting creamed by the Captain and Vandals that end up running into the back hall.

kaiiri

Where is the safe spot during the last boss of the Nightfall this week? I keep getting creamed by the Captain and Vandals that end up running into the back hall.

the room to the left of where you first enter. captains shouldn't bother you at all. a few dreds and shanks tho.

Fitts

I got a Swarm from a Cryptarch level up and I could not recommend, mine is Arc with a 35 round drum and no capacity upgrades. The reload takes for ever and I carry a total of 3 mags, unless yours has a large capacity upgrade I'd consider a Zombie Apocalypse, as soon as I get another legendary Arc LMG my Swarm is shard city

No kidding? I do have the capacity upgrade for Apocalypse so it's 75 shots per mag, but the stability of Swarm seemed like an asset -- especially for PVP.

I'll have to take another look at the vendor version.

Gaf, help! I'm frugal but obviously don't want to hit cap either. What do I spend my marks on? Only faction I don't have upgraded is Dead Orbit. (any reason to?)

BLU-82

Room straight to the left when you enter. Has the staircase inside leading down. I sniped him from the windows in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom