• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Where is the safe spot during the last boss of the Nightfall this week? I keep getting creamed by the Captain and Vandals that end up running into the back hall.

The room to the left upon entering the sepiks room (has a convenient window in it). You can hide out in there and no enemies will enter. You do need to deal with a few yellow bar vandals but nothing too taxing.

edit: beaten by the very helpful Mr. BLU-82

Fitts

the room to the left of where you first enter. captains shouldn't bother you at all. a few dreds and shanks tho.

This is where I spent the majority of the fight. Played Defender Titan though, so I took the Weapons of Light perk, popped out, dropped my shield, and then strafed in and out while hitting Sepiks hard with everything I had. Then I killed dregs/vandals/shanks until I had my super again. Rinse and repeat. Took about three cycles until the boss was down.

I got a Swarm from a Cryptarch level up and I could not recommend, mine is Arc with a 35 round drum and no capacity upgrades. The reload takes for ever and I carry a total of 3 mags, unless yours has a large capacity upgrade I'd consider a Zombie Apocalypse, as soon as I get another legendary Arc LMG my Swarm is shard city

I have both arc and void zombie apocalypses and a void swarm. ZA is fantastic for missions and strikes, but the swarm is a beast in pvp. Heavy ammo pickup only nets one mag which is pathetic, but damage and impact usually net me 4 or 5 kills - more if I measure my shots as players drop in about 2 or 3 bullets. It can easily hold down an area and has a fast switch so you don't have to run around with it equipped. That said, the ZA is no slouch in pvp either and has incredible accuracy over range.

Atkison04

Did the nightfall yesterday and the weekly level 28 twice (once solo and then again helping a couple of guys out). It is by far the easiest one yet. There's just so many great spots during the 3 main sections that you're never really in any danger of dying.

As a reward for Nightfall the other 2 guys got 12 shards each and I ended up with a legendary sniper called Epitaph 2261...

Was a bit gutted as I'd have loved 12 shards to finally reach level 29.

Anyone get anything decent from this weeks strike?

I ran thru Nightfall twice last night. First one gave me 5 strange coins, second run gave me gjallorhorn (sp?). That was actually the one weapon that I really wanted to pick up before I start looking to raid. Just want to fully level up a hand full of weapons and get my warlock and hunter up to 29 before I go in.

Same, never enough shards...

Got a Red Hand IX. It's pretty good, and has an increased stability perk that seems like a series of PS4 FW upgrades (makes the stability bar almost full).

2 downsides compared to Devil You Know, though. Lower range and ammo capacity (especially if Devil has both of these stat enhancing perks ).

No kidding? I do have the capacity upgrade for Apocalypse so it's 75 shots per mag, but the stability of Swarm seemed like an asset -- especially for PVP.

I'll have to take another look at the vendor version.

Gaf, help! I'm frugal but obviously don't want to hit cap either. What do I spend my marks on? Only faction I don't have upgraded is Dead Orbit. (any reason to?)

I can't comment on PVP as I'm crap but the accuracy barely gets a chance to cut in before I'm out of shots and to top it off the RoF is not much better than the ZA which I find to be reasonably controllable at up to medium ranges (I have that 75 round drum as well, I love my ZA so it was the first to get a full upgrade to 300).

The legendary Arc Sniper from the Vanguard vendor (Epitath I think?) is the only gun I've bought apart from a Shadow Price so I can recommend that (the 6 round mag is my friend). Hell I liked it so much it was a wrench to put it in the cupboard in favour of Time and Patience when that dropped for me (no I can't bring my self to shard it :) )

Edit:

I have both arc and void zombie apocalypses and a void swarm. ZA is fantastic for missions and strikes, but the swarm is a beast in pvp. Heavy ammo pickup only nets one mag which is pathetic, but damage and impact usually net me 4 or 5 kills - more if I measure my shots as players drop in about 2 or 3 bullets. It can easily hold down an area and has a fast switch so you don't have to run around with it equipped. That said, the ZA is no slouch in pvp either and has incredible accuracy over range.

Dammit I had been eyeing it as 2-3 Ascendent Energy now I have to try it in PVP, well I have the Bad JuJu and Invective bounties to knock out yet so I'll see soon enough :)

Am_I_Evil

so far this week i've gotten all shards/energies/coins from everything (with the exception of things that give you engrams..which are all broken down immediately after visiting the cryptarch)...nightfall, weekly, raid, daily...no awesome weapons, no gear...stuck at a fully upgraded 29...gonna have to try the hard raid again later in the week...hopefully i don't get a damn ship again...

kaiiri

Suros is literally the exact same, you just need an extra bullet or two for headshots

^^ this. I was afraid the change would be drastic (and I fully upgraded my scout rifle too lawl in preperation) ... but I really couldn't tell much during solo nightfall run.

Fitts

I can't comment on PVP as I'm crap but the accuracy barely gets a chance to cut in before I'm out of shots and to top it off the RoF is not much better than the ZA which I find to be reasonably controllable at up to medium ranges (I have that 75 round drum as well, I love my ZA so it was the first to get a full upgrade to 300).

The legendary Arc Sniper from the Vanguard vendor (Epitath I think?) is the only gun I've bought apart from a Shadow Price so I can recommend that (the 6 round mag is my friend). Hell I liked it so much it was a wrench to put it in the cupboard in favour of Time and Patience when that dropped for me (no I can't bring my self to shard it :) )

Already have Patience and Time (love it) and Ice Breaker was my first exotic and first weapon to max, so arc and solar are covered for me. I would be interested in a good void sniper, but that too may fall to the wayside should I get a good drop in the Vault now that my group is hitting it. A few of my friends have already received a kickass void sniper.

Marvel

could never
I don't get it. Are these not available anymore, or is it because I asked?

Begging for codes outside of code begging threads is frowned upon.

imA6VFoC2kaV3.jpg
itwd3d7qoqOY3.png

i5u8WoNNteWP7.gif

MilkBeard

You know...my legendary pulse rifle is actually killing it in pvp. I was worried. At first they seem underpowered, but you put a scope on it to boost range and then it is a headshot machine. I just wrecked people from long range consistently.

Maledict

I'm assuming the person selling an Atheon hard mode waypoint on the gaf chat channel on the app is doing it for a joke... ;-)

What are people's thoughts on a nerf to the icebreaker? I picked it up last weekend and, as amazing as it is, it's so good I can't imagine not running with it in PvE except for a very few select circumstances. The ammo regens so fast it basically allows us to use a sniper as a primary weapon. I love my maxed out The Last Word but I feel gimped using it compared to the Icebreaker.

(I've been levelling 'The Devil You Know' to go with the Icebreaker, as I love hand cannons that much. I had completely forgotten how SLOW they are compared to The Last Word. That rapid fire ability really is a game changer even though I didn't realise it at the time)

Tovarisc

So what did patch actually do for PvP outside of doing Vex borderline garbage for PvE & PvP?

Played few rounds and Shadow Price + Invective combo feels just as powerful as it did pre-nerf.

So is the Pocket Infinity crap now or is it still a great exotic? I just got the bounty for it this morning.

It's crap, the gun has no range whatsoever and bad recoil, the only thing it had going for it was the 8 shot mag, now that's gone it's pretty worthless. I'm pissed off, put a lot of effort into getting the P.I, not to mention 18 ass energy's.

Fitts

So what did patch actually do for PvP outside of doing Vex borderline garbage for PvE & PvP?

Played few rounds and Shadow Price + Invective combo feels just as powerful as it did pre-nerf.

Haven't gone into PVP yet but if this holds true I'll be happy.

Nothus

Does anyone know if Thorn is still due a buff at some point in the future? Or was that mid-air accuracy increase in the recent patch (for all hand cannons) all it is getting?

th3dude

Did the nightfall last night with a friend.

I got Monte Carlo
He got The Last Word

It was a good strike. Best part was I stupidly died out of reach on the last boss and he finished it himself :p

So how exactly does the raid progress work? Say if I join a group and I'm not the Fireteam Leader and we make it upto a specific spot and then quit. Will I be able to continue where I left off if I do it again as the Fireteam Leader with a different group?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh snap... Congrats, but I feel like I shouldn't have watched that since we just got to him for the first time last night.

It's easy enough to kill him the normal way, really. He's probably the easiest part of the raid. Some groups probably spend more or the same amount of time trying to cheese him than it would take to learn the fight and kill him.

Cryptarch level up have me 2 legendary engrams.

Got (the people's champ) Sunbreakers and a Warlock helm which is actually the exact same I bought a few days ago.

Still cool to see that happen I guess.

Ken

I'm assuming the person selling an Atheon hard mode waypoint on the gaf chat channel on the app is doing it for a joke... ;-)

What are people's thoughts on a nerf to the icebreaker? I picked it up last weekend and, as amazing as it is, it's so good I can't imagine not running with it in PvE except for a very few select circumstances. The ammo regens so fast it basically allows us to use a sniper as a primary weapon. I love my maxed out The Last Word but I feel gimped using it compared to the Icebreaker.

(I've been levelling 'The Devil You Know' to go with the Icebreaker, as I love hand cannons that much. I had completely forgotten how SLOW they are compared to The Last Word. That rapid fire ability really is a game changer even though I didn't realise it at the time)

I don't think the Ice Breaker will get nerfed. It's inability to reload is still a possible drawback if you ever needed more bullets than it can recharge in a certain time span.

Tovarisc

not really

scouts and autos switched places
vision of confluence and mythoclast switched places
raiders switched cheese spots

life goes on

Yeah, after several matches I'm inclined to call BS on this one.

I rape scout players just as bad as I did pre-nerf with my Shadow. I get raped by actually good scout player, from range, just like I did pre-nerf. I just don't see any actual, meaningful, power change.

New cheese on Templar? Interesting...

Haines

Banned
So everyone here beat the Templar boss battle ez sans cheese?

Do you guys do him straight up or try to prevent him from teleporting?

cjp

Levelling up the Cryptarch seems to be really quick. After about 4-5 Tiger strikes I usually have enough blues to level him and it certainly doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Midas

So everyone here beat the Templar boss battle ez sans cheese?

Do you guys do him straight up or try to prevent him from teleporting?

We finished the normal raid last night and didn't prevent him from teleporting. It's pretty easy. I always get killed if I try to stand where he's about to teleport since he goes crazy and only fires at me.

Did the nightfall yesterday and the weekly level 28 twice (once solo and then again helping a couple of guys out). It is by far the easiest one yet. There's just so many great spots during the 3 main sections that you're never really in any danger of dying.

As a reward for Nightfall the other 2 guys got 12 shards each and I ended up with a legendary sniper called Epitaph 2261...

I got a Mote of Light and The Conduit FWC Pulse Rifle. Not sure if I like the PR yet, but I'm happy that doing the Nightfall solo wasn't very difficult for the haul that I got.

Haines

Banned
We finished the normal raid last night and didn't prevent him from teleporting. It's pretty easy. I always get killed if I try to stand where he's about to teleport since he goes crazy and only fires at me.

OK thanks. My teams was 1/3 new to the raid so everyone will probably be more relaxed tonight and able to beat him.

Being 120 hours in, there only being 2 or 3 weapons I actually want left, and my girl getting really sick of me playing so much... I may just start running the Nightfall/Weekly/Raid on my 3 characters.

I know I need to do bounties and other stuff to level up the rest of the weapons that I have, but I just dont have the energy.

Hi guys lvl 25 hunter here got my first legendary they're boots of no tomorrow.Wanted to ask are they worth upgrading with ass shards or should I stop there and wait for better?

noomi

Guys, a few questions about VoG hard mode.

Level 28 here, and I have never seen the option to select hard mode, how do I get to it. Also, is it possible to run normal mode and hard mode in one week and get loot from both, or does normal mode lock you out of both and vice versa....

Yeah, after several matches I'm inclined to call BS on this one.

I rape scout players just as bad as I did pre-nerf with my Shadow. I get raped by actually good scout player, from range, just like I did pre-nerf. I just don't see any actual, meaningful, power change.

New cheese on Templar? Interesting...

my anecdote is different. i'm almost embarrassed to admit that the game was more balanced last month than it is now, but every game since the patch has lead me to believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom