• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flo_Evans

Man I really like the normal raid. It's challenging but not cheap, you have some room for error and when your team clicks its so nice.

Hard mode is just frustrating and draining. It seems impossible to recover from a mistake. No revives means a wipe if someone screws up. It sucks to be that guy. It sucks to jump off a cliff cause that guy keeps dying.

I'm sure it's just level and it will be easier once everyone is 30 but man.

Marvel

could never
Yeah Hard Raiding 'aint no joke man.

Everytime I've tried it people have died a lot or I've had to go eat or something and lose my place. I give up for now.

JNA

Banned
Iight I'll start a raid. I don't have a mic on me at the moment but I know what to do and quite experienced. :D

Ok so who wants in on a raid? (normal)

PSN: Streakydude

Acorn

Man I really like the normal raid. It's challenging but not cheap, you have some room for error and when your team clicks its so nice.

Hard mode is just frustrating and draining. It seems impossible to recover from a mistake. No revives means a wipe if someone screws up. It sucks to be that guy. It sucks to jump off a cliff cause that guy keeps dying.

I feel the same way. My exotic is a helm and vex has been nerfed so I'm sticking to normal.

Mrgamer

Hi guys lvl 25 hunter here got my first legendary they're boots of no tomorrow.Wanted to ask are they worth upgrading with ass shards or should I stop there and wait for better?

Level them up getting to 28 is the most important for raiding.
Youll get lots of ass materials in the raid.
creat an alt so when you can re use them and do thee weekly and daily missions.

Yu Narukami

After 100 hours I think I may be done with this game. It was fun playing it but now I'm growing tired of doing the same shit over and over again. I might do a few trophies and then I'm off till Expansion.

for perspective, it takes 2-3 snipes from a hobgoblin to kill you on heroic as a level 30.

Steroyd

Yeah Hard Raiding 'aint no joke man.

Everytime I've tried it people have died a lot or I've had to go eat or something and lose my place. I give up for now.

Yeah, I've come to appreciate the 29+ requirement it sucks, but holy shit does it make sense, had one level 28 in a hard raid it felt like 9 out of 10 times he got killed first, and we all had to wipe because we were only at the beginning of the of the gatekeeper section and hadn't really done anything.

blazeuk

Hoping to do a normal raid when I get off work later on, hopefully there'll be a group I can join for it, really need to get either gloves or a chest piece for raid armour just so I can start levelling up beyond 28 without putting shards into items I'll end up scrapping anyway. Got an exotic helmet from doing the nightfall strike this week so I can swap my heart of the praxic fire chest for that if needed (I've gone off it anyway, it's ugly and it makes shaders useless).

Tovarisc

for perspective, it takes 2-3 snipes from a hobgoblin to kill you on heroic as a level 30.

Still challenge in Hard raid doesn't come from mechanics of battle, those are super simple in the end, but from the fact that game is literally zerging you down by throwing fuckton of shit at you.

Hard VoG is just check on your gear and ability to hide from 2 hit kills like Hobos.

Care to elaborate?

Haven't gone into PVP yet but if this holds true I'll be happy.

I got a Mote of Light and The Conduit FWC Pulse Rifle. Not sure if I like the PR yet, but I'm happy that doing the Nightfall solo wasn't very difficult for the haul that I got.

I got the conduit in last weeks nightfall. I can't say I am really impressed. Unfortunately it seems the only legendary primaries that will drop for me are PRs, so my options are limited if I have an exotic eqiuipped elsewhere.

The conduit has a very high fire rate but an abysmal mag size (I think 6 bursts)and poor impact. It just doesn't seem to deal enough damage vbefore reload. The reload speed doesn't seem very high either despite the bar being about 75%. Later upgrades increase damage in the lower half of the mag and mine has a perk to increase reload speed when the mag is empty. I am hopeful that these two perks will make the weapon shine, but I haven't given it a chance in pvp. In pve there are far better options.

Once I upgrade the fast reload perk I will equip it with a plan c and see how I fare in pvp. Rate of fire, stability and range seem good so running the mag dry then switching to a fully primed hip fire fusion rifle should be viable - assuming that other weapons (re:ARs) don't eat me alive in less time. How is the damage for PRs in pvp?

Ardenyal

Losing heavy ammo sucks the most. Every wipe means you just wasted a ton of ammo for everyone else so there can be tension if you get quick wipes and synthesis is on cooldown.

Mrgamer

Im planning to do the raid tonight.really want a chest piece, Got a nice exoctic helmet for my warlock so i can replace my voidfangs chest armor.

doomquake

I played relatively shitty in Control and found Hawkmoon (my first found exotic!).

Somebody hold me!!

gief-gem-piledriver.gif

LiK

Yeah, I've come to appreciate the 29+ requirement it sucks, but holy shit does it make sense, had one level 28 in a hard raid it felt like 9 out of 10 times he got killed first, and we all had to wipe because we were only at the beginning of the of the gatekeeper section and hadn't really done anything.

I was a 28 when I did Hard Raid. I got to 29 at final boss cuz I had enough ass shards to upgrade. I really loved my crew for helping me through it and being patient when I died or didn't do enough damage. They're the best peeps. You know who you are.

Fbh

Loving this game so far.

I have a few noob questions though

So I reached lv 20 with my bladedancer yesterday and I'm a bit confused about how to keep leveling up.

I get that you need legendary or exotic gear which gives hou light to level up.
But what is a good way to get such gear?. I've seen some Npc's at the tower selling but they ask for vanguard marks or crucible marks. How do you get those?

Is there any recommended game mode to get gear? Strikes or pvp or something?

Thx

Loving this game so far.

So I reached lv 20 with my bladedancer yesterday and I'm a bit confused about how to keep leveling up.

But what is a good way to get such gear?. I've seen some Npc's at the tower selling but they ask for vanguard marks or crucible marks. How do you get those?

Thx

Strikes will give you Vanguard marks, PvP (the Crucible) will give you Crucible marks.

Namikaze1

I was a 28 when I did Hard Raid. I got to 29 at final boss cuz I had enough ass shards to upgrade. I really loved my crew for helping me through it and being patient when I died or didn't do enough damage. They're the best peeps. You know who you are.
giphy.gif

E92 M3

Morning, friends. It seems like on the Bungie forums Deej responded to a thread about keeping PVE and PVP changes separate. Hopefully, they make it happen ASAP. Can't tell you how disappointing it was to use the Vex in the raid yesterday and to only go back to the Shadow Price. My vendor bought weapon performed better than an exotic from hard raid. How do you like them apples?

LiK

Morning, friends. It seems like on the Bungie forums Deej responded to a thread about keeping PVE and PVP changes separate. Hopefully, they make it happen ASAP. Can't tell you how disappointing it was to use the Vex in the raid yesterday and to only go back to the Shadow Price. My vendor bought weapon performed better than an exotic from hard raid. How do you like them apples?

That sounds good. Why do people need to be penalized for PVP nerfs in PVE games. We should be totally destroying PVE dudes with our badass guns.

Loving this game so far.

Thx

Have all rare gear will get you past 20. Upto 24 I believe - then you need legendaries. An exotic and raid gear, or all raid is necessary for lvl 30. Raid helm only drops in hard so buy an exotic helm from xur on weekends if you want to get to 30 off normal raids.

Strikea bat level 24 net 2 rare engrams per clear which will help level the cryptarch and potentially net you the odd legendary (random class).

Joining a faction puts vall vrep gains from strikes, dailies, patrol and crucible towards that faction. Once level 2 you can buy legendary gear. The three factions each focus on only two of the three gear attributea, so pick according to your play style.

Legendary gear requires shards to max upgrade - between 12 and 18 per piece. You should be able to hit lvl 27 by maxing an exotic and levelling legendaries to just before shards are needed. Level 27 shouldn't have issues in the normal raid, assuming yoy have a legendary or exotic primary weapon.

Destiny |OT8| The Great Iron Scam of 2014

Destiny |OT8| This is my scout rifle, there are many others like it, but this one is mine.

THIS!

Also, is anyone down for some weeklies and/or Nightfall? I should be on in about 20-30 minutes.
My highest is only a 26 Warlock.

PSN: CometJP

Marvel

could never

This... I know this. lol However sometimes it happens even with 29's.

I wish people would slow down and pay more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom