• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This... I know this. lol However sometimes it happens even with 29's.

I wish people would slow down and pay more attention.

Yep, the amount of times people die when they shouldn't gets really frustrating. Specifically when clearing out trash before the gatekeeper. Sometimes it just happens you'll get double shot by two hobgoblins, but that's only ever happened once to me.

Namikaze1

Well, with Vex Mythocast downgraded, should I focus on upgrading Ice Breaker or Gjallahorn? The latter is 3-4 upgrades away from being maxed out while the former still has a fair way to go. Sadly, I don't have enough Ass Energy to fully maxed out both. Both are great for raids or anything really.

Marvel

could never
Well, with Vex Mythocast downgraded, should I focus on upgrading Ice Breaker or Gjallahorn? The latter is 3-4 upgrades away from being maxed out while the former still has a fair way to go. Sadly, I don't have enough Ass Energy to fully maxed out both. Both are great for raids or anything really.

Gjallahorn, breh.

RPG

Legendary gear requires shards to max upgrade - between 12 and 18 per piece. You should be able to hit lvl 27 by maxing an exotic and levelling legendaries to just before shards are needed. Level 27 shouldn't have issues in the normal raid, assuming yoy have a legendary or exotic primary weapon.
This is where my problem is. RNG hasn't been kind and I haven't gotten 1 legendary/exotic primary OR secondary drop or decode; in fact, I just recently finally got a lvl 20 AR from an engram...

Used my previous Vanguard points and Queen events to get armor up to 27. Now I just need to max my Vanguard points for this week and I can grab Shadow Price and hopefully feel a little better about doing some damage.

E92 M3

That sounds good. Why do people need to be penalized for PVP nerfs in PVE games. We should be totally destroying PVE dudes with our badass guns.

Yes, the Vex actually made me very excited to continue playing PVE. Now I will probably play less besides doing the daily and such.

LiK

Personally, I would go Ice Breaker. Mainly cuz it's a good weapon for Strikes/Nightfall.

Namikaze1

Yep, the amount of times people die when they shouldn't gets really frustrating. Specifically when clearing out trash before the gatekeeper. Sometimes it just happens you'll get double shot by two hobgoblins, but that's only ever happened once to me.
Fanatic exploding from behind while busy shooting at goblins/minotaurs/fanatics at the front has been pretty common for me.

Though, left is a bit harder to defend than right.

I got the conduit in last weeks nightfall. I can't say I am really impressed. Unfortunately it seems the only legendary primaries that will drop for me are PRs, so my options are limited if I have an exotic eqiuipped elsewhere.

The conduit has a very high fire rate but an abysmal mag size (I think 6 bursts)and poor impact. It just doesn't seem to deal enough damage vbefore reload. The reload speed doesn't seem very high either despite the bar being about 75%. Later upgrades increase damage in the lower half of the mag and mine has a perk to increase reload speed when the mag is empty. I am hopeful that these two perks will make the weapon shine, but I haven't given it a chance in pvp. In pve there are far better options.

Once I upgrade the fast reload perk I will equip it with a plan c and see how I fare in pvp. Rate of fire, stability and range seem good so running the mag dry then switching to a fully primed hip fire fusion rifle should be viable - assuming that other weapons (re:ARs) don't eat me alive in less time. How is the damage for PRs in pvp?
The one that dropped for me has a Field Scout perk, so hopefully that can help with the mag size. I'm used to playing Halo, so the shallow clip doesn't bother me much. I just don't know how long I'll spend leveling up the weapon since I still have to finish up my Shadow Price and eventually the Monte Carlo to see if that's even worth keeping.

noomi

A friend wanted to invite me (lvl 28 hunter) into his Atheon hard mode checkpoint for some easy loot.... I denied, because I have a normal mode raid scheduled for this Saturday morning.

If I had accepted and we actually downed the hard mode Atheon, when I would go to complete the normal raid this Saturday with my clan.... would it have locked me out/prevented me from receiving loot?

Yesterday, I threw the gunslinger sticky grenade and it got shot out of the air by the templar's big purple cannon and it blew me up instantly.

I was equal parts amused and :(

Namikaze1

A friend wanted to invite me (lvl 28 hunter) into his Atheon hard mode checkpoint for some easy loot.... I denied, because I have a normal mode raid scheduled for this Saturday morning.

If I had accepted and we actually downed the hard mode Atheon, when I would go to complete the normal raid this Saturday with my clan.... would it have locked me out/prevented me from receiving loot?
Only for Athean. You can still get loot from chests and other phases if you haven't done it this week.

Tovarisc

Only for Athean. You can still get loot from chests and other phases if you haven't done it this week.

Also not to mention that from hard kill Tw1st would get "double loot", normal + hard drop. I think you should do it Tw1st and then again with your normal group.

*Splinter

for perspective, it takes 2-3 snipes from a hobgoblin to kill you on heroic as a level 30.
2 snipes at level 29.

Personally I like how hard the raid is, it's challenging and requires good teamwork/communication, but it never felt 'unfair', even with a full team of 29s.

Actually the templar does feel too hard, but maybe that's because we never persisted for long enough to find a suitable set up.

And that first part of gatekeepers, clearing out the hobgoblins, is the most likely place for random deaths. You just have to kind of accept that when it happens and maybe be a little more cautious next time. I think it's designed to disrupt the flow of your practice in the rest of the gatekeeper bit.

This is where my problem is. RNG hasn't been kind and I haven't gotten 1 legendary/exotic primary OR secondary drop or decode; in fact, I just recently finally got a lvl 20 AR from an engram...

Used my previous Vanguard points and Queen events to get armor up to 27. Now I just need to max my Vanguard points for this week and I can grab Shadow Price and hopefully feel a little better about doing some damage.

I had enough coins for the regime and was lucky enough to get hawkmoon from a rahool rank up. But random drops have only given me two weak pulse rifles and the epilogue from a raid clear. I have found a number of legendary specials and heavies.... The vendors do seem to be the best way to get legendary primaries, and I hope to be able to get an AR and/or SR this week. Atheon's epilogue just isn't that good outside of void burn weeklies and a primary exotic actually seems less ideal outside of pvp.

I'm assuming you all already saw this, but I just saw it on Reddit, and it's hilarious.

(It's the original loot cave easter egg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NG2VZNc7nA

They seriously need more of this. If some of the grimoire stuff was scribbled on walls, or triggered audio in some more "off the beaten path" places in the game it would be much awesome. Some holograms that trigger after a small puzzle is completed perhaps.

They seriously need more of this. If some of the grimoire stuff was scribbled on walls, or triggered audio in some more "off the beaten path" places in the game it would be much awesome. Some holograms that trigger after a small puzzle is completed perhaps.

It would also give me an actual incentive to explore the game world.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Atheon sings Creed, "Help me now, I'm 6 feet from the edge and I'm thinking, please don't throw another grenade."

Feels like Bungie slapped what we got together in the last few months of development. There aint shit to be found, lore, story wise.

eznark

Banned
So...how do I level up once I have purples and yellows? I have all purples and a yellow chest piece. (Well, my primary gun is just a blue).

I spent some time yesterday hunting helium or whatever on the moon, got enough to upgrade my helmets defense, and it gave me like two or three additional light points. Who has time for that.....

So, what's the trick? Or at least what is considered an efficient way of getting levels after 26?

So, why do some people getting ascendant materials during public events and others don't?

Only the first pub of the day is guaranteed. After that it is all RNG. Probably to stop people from camping the divide on the :15 and :45 of each hour. That walker drops fast when 2 or more lvl 27s are focused on it.

The drop rate on subsequent publics has gotten worse with updates it seems.

Namikaze1

Any tip for oracles on heroic? We just made it past the conflux phase, surprisingly easy.
Suicide first.

Everyone but two stay on starting platform.

Platform guys:
Two on right
One on middle
One on left

Templar stage guys:
Both head to the pillar right across from the front left Oracles. It's the one people used to get over to the floating platform towards the top left before the patch.

One guy can take care of the front left oracle (1 shot kill with Gjallahorn) and help platform guys with left and middle oracles if need be. The other keeps oracle guy alive by taking care of the snipers on left.

So...how do I level up once I have purples and yellows? I have all purples and a yellow chest piece. (Well, my primary gun is just a blue).

I spent some time yesterday hunting helium or whatever on the moon, got enough to upgrade my helmets defense, and it gave me like two or three additional light points. Who has time for that.....

So, what's the trick? Or at least what is considered an efficient way of getting levels after 26?

Farming is farming, you gotta do it.

noomi

Also not to mention that from hard kill Tw1st would get "double loot", normal + hard drop. I think you should do it Tw1st and then again with your normal group.

Thank you guys :)

I just wasn't sure how this would affect me, people always seem to send me out invites for a quick hard mode Atheon kill. I have nice friends <3

Bounties and strikes will level your gear quickly. Getting max xp isn't the hard part though - findingenough shards is the wall you will hit, and that can only be overcome by time and luck unfortunately. Only max level the exotic chest and level the legendaries until shards are needed.Then start hitting the raid for raid gear. You might actually want to not max level the chest and try to find an exotic helm instead.

I maxed my warlock guantlets and it was a waste of shards as I am unlikely to have the time to dedicate to running hard raids at level 29. I picked up an exotic helm so now I can just mess around in normal raid and hopefully get to level 30 that way.

eznark

Banned
Farming is farming, you gotta do it.

Ok, but what the fuck do you even farm in this game? Killing dudes gets me nothing. Finding materials gets me nothing. Doing crucible gets me nothing (all rep armor is now worse or equal to what I have). Am I just farming hoping for a random drop?

I maxed my warlock guantlets and it was a waste of shards as I am unlikely to have the time to dedicate to running hard raids at level 29. I picked up an exotic helm so now I can just mess around in normal raid and hopefully get to level 30 that way.

How does it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom