• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would also give me an actual incentive to explore the game world.

Yep, I really want reasons to explore. That's probably been one of the most disappointing things about the game, no reason to explore. I had a ton of fun trying to get up to Terminus. If there is some crazy place that takes a bit of platforming and a fully upgraded sub class to reach, there should be something there.

hydruxo

Ok, but what the fuck do you even farm in this game? Killing dudes gets me nothing. Finding materials gets me nothing. Doing crucible gets me nothing (all rep armor is now worse or equal to what I have). Am I just farming hoping for a random drop?

How does it make a difference?

Farm chest loops for mats, which in turn help level up your gear. You can also turn them in for marks.

Ran through Nightfall twice last night, first time with 2 28s and a 29 and we screwed up on sepkis once but besides pain in the ass teleporting captains, it was quite easy. I decided to run it again on my 27 with a friend at 28 and his buddy at 25. That was a very painful experience, man losing 20% of my damage (i swapped my guns over) makes those captains crazy difficult to kill. We finally got through it after nearly an hour tho and my buddy's friend got his very first exotic (praxtic fire) and I got The Cure :) Will probably hold off on running people through nightfall that aren't lvl 26 yet in the future however, makes it too stressful lol

faWJCSM.jpg

3MuEjrD.gif

colinp

Banned
Cosmic Justice: after finding a Hawkmoon on Control while doing pretty shitty, I ran the Nightfall.

Award: Vanquisher VIII, the same gun I JUST picked up last night from the New Monarchy vendor after working on leveling him up for ~two weeks!

Ahahhahaha, I'm not even mad.

Shito

Ok, but what the fuck do you even farm in this game? Killing dudes gets me nothing. Finding materials gets me nothing. Doing crucible gets me nothing (all rep armor is now worse or equal to what I have). Am I just farming hoping for a random drop?
You can farm for shards by doing lots of public events.
Those have a random chance at dropping mats.

Finding materials gives you something - leveling light is monotonous and incremental, that's just how it is.

Looking for a hard mode raid

29 sunsinger cleared multiple times

PSN cyborg1
Hey cyborg, didnt realize your gaf name was different than your psn. We've run the raid together on normal. I'm up for hard mode. I've still got a 29 titan. Fully upgraded vision of confluence. I can try to fully up my icevbreaker now. Need helium I think.

Psn Subtervotion.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

You can only get the raid helm as a drop from the boss in hard mode. The other three raid armor pieces you can get from the raid on normal. So easiest path to level 30 is an exotic helm from Xur or a drop and getting the raid chest, boots and gauntlets.

You need shards which you get from raids,z weeklies, nightfall, public events and breaking down legendaries and exotics. It takes between 12 and 18 shards to max a legendary, 14+ for a raid piece, and 16+ for an exotic. It can and will take a bit of time. Best to do the daily and a public each day, the weekly and nightfall and raid once a week,z and max your vanguard and crucible marks to buy legendary gear to break down. Use motes of light on the weekend to get engrams from xur for more materials, and buy exotics for strange coins. If you want, you can also level another character (of the same class) si you can do everything multiple times...

Suicide first.

Everyone but two stay on starting platform.

Platform guys:
Two on right
One on middle
One on left

Templar stage guys:
Both head to the pillar right across from the front left Oracles. It's the one people used to get over to the floating platform towards the top left before the patch.

One guy can take care of the front left oracle (1 shot kill with Gjallahorn) and help platform guys with left and middle oracles if need be. The other keeps oracle guy alive by taking care of the snipers on left.

But there's another oracle on the back right?

Milennia

Hey cyborg, didnt realize your gaf name was different than your psn. We've run the raid together on normal. I'm up for hard mode. I've still got a 29 titan. Fully upgraded vision of confluence. I can try to fully up my icevbreaker now. Need helium I think.

Psn Subtervotion.

Ah yep :p

See how many people I can pull together

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just don't fuckin die, blake blake throw your grenades you got the wrong one just throw one grenade...

wtf?

guy sounds like an utter cunt. When we raid we have a laugh and it's fun times all 'round. If VoG was all about playing with such irritating twats as this superhero, I'd be happy to never see it a single time.
Couldn't agree more. That video was unwatchable because of the guy playing/recording. So, so bad.

ocean

Banned
Would you guys suggest I focus on upgrading my MIDA Scout Rifle or my Vanquisher III Auto Rifle for the Raid?

I feel Scout should be good to attack Harpies and Hobgoblins from afar but I can't shake the feeling that TTK is lower with AR :/ Thoughts?

hydruxo

hydru did you grab a Scout Rifle last night?

I did, I got the A.1randomlettersandnumbers one from the Vanguard lol. I only tried it out briefly and it seems decent. Got some kick to it that I don't really like though.

I didn't see your post from last night until just now haha. Kinda wish I went with Proxima.

Are the pillars the hobgoblins spawn on out of bounds after the update? We put a sniper on the pillar just right of the spawn platform to watch the three snipers on the right. Then we put a guy on the second right platform. They can jump up to the platform above that hobgoblin and then they habe clear line of sight to all right side oracles and plenty of cover. They just need to have support to clear out the first and third hobgoblins on the right side.

I haven't tried the raid since the update though.

Namikaze1

Hence two guys on right on starting platform.

If you look behind you on the starting platform, there's a pillar to the left at the top. To the left of that is a small space for two people to stand there. the two guys dealing with right side oracles got a perfect view of all three right side oracles.

Edwardo

So I use the titan helmet, Helm of Inmost Light. I just unlocked the upgrade for it which gives me death from above and headstrong. Does this mean I can use death from above and shockwave together?

Booties

Banned
More accurately,

OT8 - "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to come up with a title"

Ah thanks. I also like the Speaker's line after the warp drive mission "We used to be MUCH more powerful. I could tell you about the battle of twilight gap, but I won't beacuse [reasons]"

But the day Dax makes a title based off of my suggestion is the day the world ends.

ocean

Banned
So I use the titan helmet, Helm of Inmost Light. I just unlocked the upgrade for it which gives me death from above and headstrong. Does this mean I can use death from above and shockwave together?
Damn straight. It makes your Titan a Superman.

Edwardo

Damn straight. It makes your Titan a Superman.

Excellent.

I hit 25 last night, gonna hit 26 tonight after I get a little more vanguard rep. Can't wait to raid.

'Helm of Inmost Light' was the first Exotic drop I got. I'm a hunter :v

Oh dang lol. I bought it from Xur. I've yet to have an exotic drop but all the legendaries that have dropped for me have been hunter and warlock. :( gimme da titan loot.

X-Frame

I did, I got the A.1randomlettersandnumbers one from the Vanguard lol. I only tried it out briefly and it seems decent. Got some kick to it that I don't really like though.

I didn't see your post from last night until just now haha. Kinda wish I went with Proxima.

Haha, I know quite a few people from here like the one you got though so hopefully once you unlock all the upgrades it is something you'd like.

For me I'll likely grab the Proxima, but I want to take a closer look between the two again to compare all the upgrades before I choose.

'Grats.

What hand cannon do you have there?

It's The Devil You Know. I got it from a Nightfall a couple weeks ago. The perks are pretty good. It has faster reload when mag is empty and increased reload speed when surviving from near death. Also has flared mag wheel so mostly a fast ass reloading hand cannon.

I'll drop it like a bad habit once I find Hawkmoon though lol

I got the Hawkmoon from Nightfall last night.

Here is my hashtag "firstworldproblem"...

I want a legendary HC so I can keep my Ice Breaker equipped all the time.

That said, the Hawkmoon is just silly. I beat the game last night with that pull.

Deku Tree

Is there anything you can do if you get to the Rocketyard and everyone there is already farming spin metal. I need some spin metal to upgrade my gear, but last time I went to the rocket yard there were three other Guardians farming spin metal.

It is hard to be on the same loop as randoms and so seriously reduces the spin metal pickup rate because it messes up the respawns, and I get almost nothing...

... is there any way to fix this huge problem?

I got the Hawkmoon from Nightfall last night.

Here is my hashtag "firstworldproblem"...

I want a legendary HC so I can keep my Ice Breaker equipped all the time.

That said, the Hawkmoon is just silly. I beat the game last night with that pull.
I'm thinking the same thing what HC are you hoping to get?

Fixed1979

I'm over my initial shock of having to get my Vanguard rank up on my alt. My desire to get another high level characters outweighs my dislike for grinding rep again. I just wish there was another method besides grinding bounties. I know you get rep from a couple other sources, but it's so small in comparison that it isn't even worth mentioning.

Is there anything you can do if you get to the Rocketyard and everyone there is already farming spin metal. I need some spin metal to upgrade my gear, but last time I went to the rocket yard there were three other Guardians farming spin metal.

It is hard to be on the same loop as randoms and so seriously reduces the spin metal pickup rate because it messes up the respawns, and I get almost nothing...

reload and try again. I've never run into other chest raiders except on Mars, and I don't think I've been alone there for more than a few minutes.

hydruxo

Go to The Divide and farm chests there. Much easier and better than Rocketyard IMO.

Go to Skywatch. I like that loop better anyway.

doomquake

you can set your NAT to strict mode on your router. that works supposedly. there is a thread on reddit about it.

I'm thinking the same thing what HC are you hoping to get?

Was going to buy Devil You Know... but now, with the Hawkmoon, I'm being told to shut up and enjoy my "problem"... here's hoping Bungie can patch in some one-button loadouts to the D-Pad...

Think of it... press "up" on the D-pad and I am equipped with a fully-upgraded field scout Shadow Price and the Ice Breaker...

Press "down" on the D-pad and I am equipped with the Hawkmoon and the 77 Wizard fusion rifle.

These are glorious times in my Kingdom.

LiK

So VoG chests will always give stuff even if you did It already? I was hearing that this happens now. Or was this misinformation?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Maxed out Atheon's Epilogue is completely useless against the oracles on VoG hard at the Atheon section.

Just finished it on hard and got the Vision of Confluence. I think I have all the awesome weapons now except Gjallahorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom