• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

It's The Devil You Know. I got it from a Nightfall a couple weeks ago. The perks are pretty good. It has faster reload when mag is empty and increased reload speed when surviving from near death. Also has flared mag wheel so mostly a fast ass reloading hand cannon.

I'll drop it like a bad habit once I find Hawkmoon though lol

I've also been using Devil. (vendor version) Thanks for reinforcing my decision. :)

Carn82

Oh dang lol. I bought it from Xur. I've yet to have an exotic drop but all the legendaries that have dropped for me have been hunter and warlock. :( gimme da titan loot.

Yeah. Got the Helm of Inmost Light; Raku Crucible Type chest armor and Greaves of No Tomorrow boots ready and waiting. My Titan will be spoonfed.

Carn82

I've got 2 questions:

- I tried the Nightfall solo (lvl 27 Hunter) but everything basically 1 (or 2)-hit kills me :p does getting to 28 make that a big difference?
- Whats the best material-farm place on Mars?

hydruxo

Was going to buy Devil You Know... but now, with the Hawkmoon, I'm being told to shut up and enjoy my "problem"... here's hoping Bungie can patch in some one-button loadouts to the D-Pad...

Think of it... press "up" on the D-pad and I am equipped with a fully-upgraded field scout Shadow Price and the Ice Breaker...

Press "down" on the D-pad and I am equipped with the Hawkmoon and the 77 Wizard fusion rifle.

These are glorious times in my Kingdom.

Considering the way you lose ammo when you swap weapons in-game, that would unfortunately never happen, as much as it makes complete sense. You get emotes instead, enjoy!

I've got 2 questions:

- I tried the Nightfall solo (lvl 27 Hunter) but everything basically 1 (or 2)-hit kills me :p does getting to 28 make that a big difference?

1) Yes, huge difference

2) The best/easiest farm is right after you spawn actually. There is a video on it. Google is your friend on this one because I'm too hung over to find it for you.

doomquake

I've also been using Devil. (vendor version) Thanks for reinforcing my decision. :)

is the vendor version of Lord High Fixer worth leveling the rep? ive been working on it but since vendor gear falls as rewards with sometimes better perks..i dont even know if i should bother

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
KEmVFp4.jpg

Now I get it...

ocean

Banned
I've got 2 questions:

Enemies are 28, so you're at a serious disadvantage at 27. Enemies do extra damage to you, and you don't deal full damage to them. The difference from 27 to 28 is huge and vital to comfortably run Weekly, Daily, Nightfall and Raid. Going over to 29 and 30 doesn't yield as significant an advantage though (except obviously for Hard Raid).

void666

Banned
Was going to buy Devil You Know... but now, with the Hawkmoon, I'm being told to shut up and enjoy my "problem"... here's hoping Bungie can patch in some one-button loadouts to the D-Pad...

Think of it... press "up" on the D-pad and I am equipped with a fully-upgraded field scout Shadow Price and the Ice Breaker...

Press "down" on the D-pad and I am equipped with the Hawkmoon and the 77 Wizard fusion rifle.

These are glorious times in my Kingdom.

Won't ever happen but emotes should be swipes on the touch pad (ps4) just like the bot in shadow fall and they could put usefull stuff in the d-pad.

Considering the way you lose ammo when you swap weapons in-game, that would unfortunately never happen, as much as it makes complete sense. You get emotes instead, enjoy!

becuase of this, if there was a wiiu version it would be the best version. how cool would it be to have the menu on the gamepad and be able to swap weopons with ease instead finding a hidy place.

Fixed1979

Maxed out Atheon's Epilogue is completely useless against the oracles on VoG hard at the Atheon section.

Just finished it on hard and got the Vision of Confluence. I think I have all the awesome weapons now except Gjallahorn.

Meh, into the storage locker it goes then. I haven't been so disappointed in a drop before, so much wasted potential.

Carn82

1) Yes, huge difference

2) The best/easiest farm is right after you spawn actually. There is a video on it. Google is your friend on this one because I'm too hung over to find it for you.

Allrighty, thanks. I tried the 'spiritbloom garden' yesterday on Venus and that did some wonders; I`ll look up the Mars guide. I'm almost 28, just need to level up a few pieces of gear here n there.

Deku Tree

I'm over my initial shock of having to get my Vanguard rank up on my alt. My desire to get another high level characters outweighs my dislike for grinding rep again. I just wish there was another method besides grinding bounties. I know you get rep from a couple other sources, but it's so small in comparison that it isn't even worth mentioning.

reload and try again. I've never run into other chest raiders except on Mars, and I don't think I've been alone there for more than a few minutes.

Go to The Divide and farm chests there. Much easier and better than Rocketyard IMO.

Go to Skywatch. I like that loop better anyway.

you can set your NAT to strict mode on your router. that works supposedly. there is a thread on reddit about it.

Thanks! I'll explore all of these options.

BTW, it is so great when randoms enter your Crucible matchmaking on your team and just AFK. And then the other team mate who is actually playing just leaves. And your opponents appear to be on a fireteam probably coordinating with mics.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
26 is the minimum, but really I advise being 27. You're not as squishy at 27, therefore making the time spent in the raid more enjoyable.

Minimum 26 to play it but it's recommended to be 27 for an easier time.

Thanks. I could be 27 I think if I had enough spinmetal to upgrade my chest piece (has another 3 or 4 upgrades I can do) and my gun has a few upgrades open too.

Any tips for farming spinmetal? Always seems to take me forever to find it just wandering the Cosmodrome.

ocean

Banned
I'm lvl 26 will try the nightfall for the first time tonight
and hope I can piggyback with my friends 29 character
I did this with my alt yesterday (swapped out during Sepkis). At 26 you deal something like 40% less damage to the mobs though so you'll basically be hard carried. You can be quick killed by most anything so play it very very safe :) if you know the safe locations for the Strike your friend should be able to make it happen.

X-Frame

is the vendor version of Lord High Fixer worth leveling the rep? ive been working on it but since vendor gear falls as rewards with sometimes better perks..i dont even know if i should bother

I have the vendor version and I think it's perks are amazing. It can achieve such long ranges and with 11 rounds by default it can hit at maximum strength for great distances. I think that's very valuable.

Raxus

If cyborg does't want to log on I can start a Hard Mode Raid.

Add me: College_Boy.

I can only play for a couple hours so we have to get moving.

29 is the minimum. Hard raid experience preferred.

I'm currently sitting at 22 strange coins. I'm hoping for the knucklehead radar or the rocket launcher exotic. I don't think there is a single exotic primary I want right now since apparently Hard Light is a terrible gun but looks amazing.

Raid pistol/vision of con
Ice breaker/legendary shotgun
legendary machine gun/exotic rocket launcher

I only need 2 more weapons until my ideal set up is complete. Come on raid pistol and exotic rocket launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom