• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf? Thorn is beast in pvp

The dot makes it a 2 hit kill basically

This reload speed though uuuugh

I reckon 6 shots would be manageable with a far more reasonable. Damn using this thing is like wielding an arcane torture device.

Post mortem bounties all day too

Fitts

is the vendor version of Lord High Fixer worth leveling the rep? ive been working on it but since vendor gear falls as rewards with sometimes better perks..i dont even know if i should bother

I wasn't very enthused when I first got it but after unlocking more perks... I have it maxed now.

Was one-shotting goblins in the raid last night for 1700+ crit damage.

Bollocks

I did this with my alt yesterday (swapped out during Sepkis). At 26 you deal something like 40% less damage to the mobs though so you'll basically be hard carried. You can be quick killed by most anything so play it very very safe :) if you know the safe locations for the Strike your friend should be able to make it happen.

Yeah that's why we're attempting it, seems very cheeseable.
What's the safe location for Sepkis? We did the 28 weekly yesterday, he went upstairs on the right hand side while I stayed on ground level below and took care of the mob while I occasionally rezzed him (thanks for the invisible perk)

ocean

Banned
I wasn't very enthused when I first got it but after unlocking more perks... I have it maxed now.

Was one-shotting goblins in the raid last night for 1700+ crit damage.
I have The Devil You Know and I've never used it. If it OHKs Raid Goblins I will give that gun all my XP and energies. :|

hydruxo

What's the safe location for Sepkis? We did the 28 weekly yesterday, he went upstairs on the right hand side while I stayed on ground level below and took care of the mob while I occasionally rezzed him (thanks for the invisible perk)

The room to the left is the best spot

Fitts

I reckon 6 shots would be manageable with a far more reasonable. Damn using this thing is like wielding an arcane torture device.

I just like it for shenanigans. I like to pop a few shots off and either start dancing or duck into cover if I'm in danger while their remaining health ticks away. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that must be for the guy on the other end.

Swag

If cyborg does't want to log on I can start a Hard Mode Raid.

Add me: College_Boy.

I can only play for a couple hours so we have to get moving.

29 is the minimum. Hard raid experience preferred.

I'll join you, group I'm running with now, is not going to be able to do it I don't think.

ocean

Banned
As soon as the door to the Lair opens head to the room to your immediate left. You can shoot out the window from there and no mobs will ever walk in. Watch out for occasional grenades that may fall inside the room. Also, use the stairs as cover when Sepkis goes right in front of the window. Other than that just go outside (1 of you) to lure him out to an angle you can shot at from the window once in a while and you'll beat it from complete safety :)

Fitts

I have The Devil You Know and I've never used it. If it OHKs Raid Goblins I will give that gun all my XP and energies. :|

Yup. I ascended it while we were already in there after my Shadow Price... well, it just wasn't the same anymore. Still good, mind you, but I was actually surprised that the nerf affected it as much as it did.

Fbh

Have all rare gear will get you past 20. Upto 24 I believe - then you need legendaries. An exotic and raid gear, or all raid is necessary for lvl 30. Raid helm only drops in hard so buy an exotic helm from xur on weekends if you want to get to 30 off normal raids.

Strikea bat level 24 net 2 rare engrams per clear which will help level the cryptarch and potentially net you the odd legendary (random class).

Joining a faction puts vall vrep gains from strikes, dailies, patrol and crucible towards that faction. Once level 2 you can buy legendary gear. The three factions each focus on only two of the three gear attributea, so pick according to your play style.

Legendary gear requires shards to max upgrade - between 12 and 18 per piece. You should be able to hit lvl 27 by maxing an exotic and levelling legendaries to just before shards are needed. Level 27 shouldn't have issues in the normal raid, assuming yoy have a legendary or exotic primary weapon.

Thx.

Sounds...umm, more complex than I expected

Yeah it's a pretty nice weapon outside of the low mag size/slow reload combo.

Assuming both the mag size and the reload speed get buffed, I think Thorn will be one of the best weapons in the game, especially in PvP.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Now that I've completed my first raid and got some gear, this wait for the reset sucks. I need moar!

Time to start working on my lvl 9 warlock I guess.

ocean

Banned
Oh it does. I have my TDYK maxed and I can one shot raid goblins like its nothing.

Yup. I ascended it while we were already in there after my Shadow Price... well, it just wasn't the same anymore. Still good, mind you, but I was actually surprised that the nerf affected it as much as it did.
So conflicted. I thought my Raid weapon decision was between my best AR (Vanquisher III with Field Scout) and my best SR (MIDA). Now I also have to consider my TDYK. I'll go nuts for real. Getting the XP to level all of this (along with Ice Breaker, Invective, Light/Beware, Hezen Vengeance) is a whole new level of grind fest. I also have Cryptic Dragon, Proxima Centauri III, Found Verdict, Bad Seed Down, Unfriendly Giant, and Admonisher III.

Upgrading all my purple weapons will take weeks, ugh.

My Titan just got No Backup Plans yesterday. I'll have to buy him a Legendary Helmet and then level them both up because all he had was Inmost Light. My alt Warlock got Praxis Fire. Upgrading it will entail removing Sunbreakers and buying gauntlets to also upgrade.

Bungie, give me like 50 easy Bounties a day for the sake of my sanity.

hydruxo

My only concern is the low reserve ammo. Field scout offsets this of course, but Send It is tough to give up.

Not sure if they all have the same amt of rounds but mine has 12 and that is a solid amount IMO. I use Send It instead of Field Scout too.

I have the vendor version and I think it's perks are amazing. It can achieve such long ranges and with 11 rounds by default it can hit at maximum strength for great distances. I think that's very valuable.

I'm very new to handcannons... just have one legendary.

I've noticed that there are some with super long range and high impact paired with huge magazines... and then there are some with small magazines lower range and seemingly equal impact. Lots seem to prefer these "closer range" cannons... am i missing something? It seems like the high capacity, long range, apparently equal damage ones would be best?

realcZk

Yeah, it slays in PvP. The reload isnt that bad though, I can usually start the reload, take a bathroom break and get back right as its finishing up.

So conflicted. I thought my Raid weapon decision was between my best AR (Vanquisher III with Field Scout) and my best SR (MIDA). Now I also have to consider my TDYK. I'll go nuts for real. Getting the XP to level all of this (along with Ice Breaker, Invective, Light/Beware, Hezen Vengeance) is a whole new level of grind fest. I also have Cryptic Dragon, Proxima Centauri III, Found Verdict, Bad Seed Down, Unfriendly Giant, and Admonisher III.

Upgrading all my purple weapons will take weeks, ugh.

Of in game grind time lol. That's a long list.

Fitts

Not sure if they all have the same amt of rounds but mine has 12 and that is a solid amount IMO. I use Send It instead of Field Scout too.

Mag size isn't a problem. 69 bullets (I think...) in reserve could be.

I bought boots specifically to give myself extra hand cannon ammo. Shortly after that, of course boots become the only raid armor drop I get.

Thinking about getting the body piece from FWC but burning the ascendant shards another non-raid piece is a tough sell at this point.

EDIT: Super pleased that my raid boots are INT based, but not thrilled by the extra heavy ammo perk.

Shito

I'm over my initial shock of having to get my Vanguard rank up on my alt. My desire to get another high level characters outweighs my dislike for grinding rep again. I just wish there was another method besides grinding bounties. I know you get rep from a couple other sources, but it's so small in comparison that it isn't even worth mentioning.
Patrol missions are a *good* way to grind rep.
Doesn't seem like much at first, but most of them are really fast to do so they quickly add up.
You just need to learn where they are on the map, their symbols, and prioritize the killing / boss ones. Especially the boss ones, as they net you 25 reps. Doing two of those are usually faster than completing some of the 50 rep bounties...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What weapons do you have?
Suros regime, Ice Breaker, Vex Mythoclast, Truth, Pocket infinity, Hard Light, Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, Vision of Confluence, Purifier VIII, Shadow Price, Final Boss, and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

Snicky

If anyone is planning on running a hard mode raid around 6pm PT this evening, I'd love to join. Have cleared normal several times and have experience on hard with every fight outside gatekeeper...which sounds like the toughest fight.

PS4: Sn1cky

hydruxo

Mag size isn't a problem. 69 bullets (I think...) in reserve could be.

I bought boots specifically to give myself extra hand cannon ammo. Shortly after that, of course boots become the only raid armor drop I get.

Thinking about getting the body piece from FWC but burning the ascendant shards another non-raid piece is a tough sell at this point.

That's weird. Mine has 100.

Yep, I really want reasons to explore. That's probably been one of the most disappointing things about the game, no reason to explore. I had a ton of fun trying to get up to Terminus. If there is some crazy place that takes a bit of platforming and a fully upgraded sub class to reach, there should be something there.
The cave that connects The Grotto to the Hive/Fallen boss fight from this week's strike is cool, would be way more interesting if there were loot drops in say, the "hidden" cave with the Ogre in it. I would love to have Grimoire information available as loot from clearing an area to explore.

Is the weekly nightfall soloable for Lv. 28 warlock?
I did it pretty easily. Went Voidwalker right up to the final boss, then switched to Sunsinger in case I did something stupid and died (which I did, once). Stay at the cave entrance during the Hive/Fallen fight, then stay in the room with the downward staircase immediately to your left for the final boss fight, shouldn't be a problem. Void weapons make quick work of pretty much everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom