• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

void666

Banned
You'll die very fast at 28. Have to be the relic holder.

I'm not doing the whole raid.
I have a hunter 29 in the checkpoint at atheon. But i can't cheese him as a hunter. I want to bring one of my friends and they are 27 or 28 mostly. They wait there while i switch to my titan 28.

Cheesed atheon yesterday on my warlock. Today i see that two guys got vex and helmet. I got nothing. I'm really pissed.

BondFancy

Have all rare gear will get you past 20. Upto 24 I believe - then you need legendaries. An exotic and raid gear, or all raid is necessary for lvl 30. Raid helm only drops in hard so buy an exotic helm from xur on weekends if you want to get to 30 off normal raids.

Strikea bat level 24 net 2 rare engrams per clear which will help level the cryptarch and potentially net you the odd legendary (random class).

Joining a faction puts vall vrep gains from strikes, dailies, patrol and crucible towards that faction. Once level 2 you can buy legendary gear. The three factions each focus on only two of the three gear attributea, so pick according to your play style.

Legendary gear requires shards to max upgrade - between 12 and 18 per piece. You should be able to hit lvl 27 by maxing an exotic and levelling legendaries to just before shards are needed. Level 27 shouldn't have issues in the normal raid, assuming yoy have a legendary or exotic primary weapon.

Raid helmet does drop on normal, it's just a different color and name.

X-Frame

I'm very new to handcannons... just have one legendary.

I've noticed that there are some with super long range and high impact paired with huge magazines... and then there are some with small magazines lower range and seemingly equal impact. Lots seem to prefer these "closer range" cannons... am i missing something? It seems like the high capacity, long range, apparently equal damage ones would be best?

Not sure, I'm new to them too but I'd assume more close range cannons have faster rate of fire and perks/upgrades to increase reload speed.

But the vendor Lord High Fixer seems to fire as fast as I pull the trigger and it has an option for faster reload if I need it, but also option for greatly increased range and accuracy if I need that. I don't really know what else could be better besides unique perks.

Yeah, if I use Field Scout it goes to 108. (again, I think)

Do you have any armor that gives you more reserve ammo?

I have boots and a chest piece that give increased hand cannon ammo and gauntlets that increase hand cannon reload speed. My armor has been telling me which primary to focus on for quite awhile! I shall listen.

I also noticed that because of that, Field Scout doesn't seem to give much more reserve ammo. I assume it doesn't take into account armor bonuses.

Yeah, it slays in PvP. The reload isnt that bad though, I can usually start the reload, take a bathroom break and get back right as its finishing up.

Hahaha

Damn right

I'm sprint cancelling to help. It's still absurd though. Man, I like this mofo. I've had it for like 3 weeks. Never bothered to level it till now.

Daemul

image-308C_4B92F8AD.gif

Level 30 at last.

Marvel

could never
Zebra code error and kick, zero rewards from strike. Literally just blew up Nexus too.

Fuck sake.

Between PSN and Bungie I could bang their damn heads together.

Temidien

Neo Member
Alright guys, I need some advice: I'm sitting at 28 with plenty of legendary gear that needs upgrading via shards to get me to 29 (at which point I will hopefully start trying hard mode raids). Should I focus my time on doing event loop runs or this week's Nightfall?

My reasoning for Nightfall being that the group I was in last night completed it pretty easily via cheese spots. Is the loot I can potentially get from this worth running repeatedly while it's still available?

void666

Banned
Alright guys, I need some advice: I'm sitting at 28 with plenty of legendary gear that needs upgrading via shards to get me to 29 (at which point I will hopefully start trying hard mode raids). Should I focus my time on doing event loop runs or this week's Nightfall?

My reasoning for Nightfall being that the group I was in last night completed it pretty easily via cheese spots. Is the loot I can potentially get from this worth running repeatedly while it's still available?

You only get rewads for nightfall and weekly once a week. If you do it again you'll get nothing. Unless you have alts.

Debating making a third alt for raid and weekly benefits. But I don't see the point and I would hate to replay the story mode again. God if I can't get my last 2 raid gear this week with my 2 characters then I think level 30 isn't in my future.

Also I've been neglecting DriveClub for this game

Not sure, what are its stats/perks? I've heard good things about Red Hand though

RoF and Impact are the same, Range is a bit lower and there's no perk to increase it, Stability is higher and there's a perk to almost fill up the entire bar, and reload is about the same. Clip is 10 shots and no perk to increase it as well.

The main perks mine has are reload faster when clip is empty and chance to return bullet to clip on missed shots. There's a multiple choice perk that has agility +2, the mentioned increased stability, or explosive rounds.

Yeah, it slays in PvP. The reload isnt that bad though, I can usually start the reload, take a bathroom break and get back right as its finishing up.

Is Ska ok?

He must be mad... why? because you two assholes waited for me to reconnect after I got kicked by the servers... and what was my reward? Hehehehe. I regret nothing.

Fitts

Not sure, I'm new to them too but I'd assume more close range cannons have faster rate of fire and perks/upgrades to increase reload speed.

But the vendor Lord High Fixer seems to fire as fast as I pull the trigger and it has an option for faster reload if I need it, but also option for greatly increased range and accuracy if I need that. I don't really know what else could be better besides unique perks.

I'd love to read more of your impressions on the Fixer and, when/if possible, how it compares to Devil.

Temidien

Neo Member
You only get rewads for nightfall and weekly once a week. If you do it again you'll get nothing. Unless you have alts.

Huh, someone I played with yesterday suggested rewards could be grinded. Alright, thanks!

By the same token, I understand raid chests don't respawn after completion (before weekly wipe) but bosses still drop ascendant mats/gear. Worthwhile to continue running raids?

Debating making a third alt for raid and weekly benefits. But I don't see the point and I would hate to replay the story mode again. God if I can't get my last 2 raid gear this week with my 2 characters then I think level 30 isn't in my future.

Also I've been neglecting DriveClub for this game

yup, just got evil within last night and havnt even unwrapped it yet. probably wont until November. this fucking game......

has its hooks in me hard

well my Shadowprice is no longer a tack driver. sad days..

honestly though I am ok with that, Its still super deadly at close range (like an AR should) it was crazy the stability and range it had.

there is a place for SR now and I love that.

Destiny OT8: A million threads are not enough for master Rahool.

hydruxo

RoF and Impact are the same, Range is a bit lower and there's no perk to increase it, Stability is higher and there's a perk to almost fill up the entire bar, and reload is about the same. Clip is 10 shots and no perk to increase it as well.

The main perks mine has are reload faster when clip is empty and chance to return bullet to clip on missed shots. There's a multiple choice perk that has agility +2, the mentioned increased stability, or explosive rounds.

That sounds pretty great. I'd say it's worth maxing out for sure. Really, most of the hand cannons are good.

Qwell

Ok I think I may have secretly sacrificed a goat in my sleep or something. I never play PVP and I got the Dubious Task exotic bounty and have been dredding the 25 kill spread in PVP part. Well after my first match I already had a 22 kill spread, went on a major tear with my heavy machine gun in the match. 2nd match I got 3 kills without dying and completed that portion of the exotic bounty.

Of course I never use shotguns, so not sure how much I'll use Invective, but another exotic sure doesn't hurt after being shut out for over a 100 hours of gameplay before I finally got one.

Bizazedo

Helped a super casual work friend through Nightfall. He and other real life buds were slinging Pulse Rifles to give you an idea of how casual (he even thought Hunters were underpowered in PvP).

End of the Nightfall, he got The Last Word.

I was able to congratulate him, but it hurt.

doomquake

Ok I think I may have secretly sacrificed a goat in my sleep or something. I never play PVP and I got the Dubious Task exotic bounty and have been dredding the 25 kill spread in PVP part. Well after my first match I already had a 22 kill spread, went on a major tear with my heavy machine gun in the match. 2nd match I got 3 kills without dying and completed that portion of the exotic bounty.

Of course I never use shotguns, so not sure how much I'll use Invective, but another exotic sure doesn't hurt after being shut out for over a 100 hours of gameplay before I finally got one.

i thought that was so easy... The crucible bounties that make me sweat are the 10 triple kil without reloading medals..ugh

Helped a super casual work friend through Nightfall. He and other real life buds were slinging Pulse Rifles to give you an idea of how casual (he even thought Hunters were underpowered in PvP).

End of the Nightfall, he got The Last Word.

I was able to congratulate him, but it hurt.

My friend got his SECOND Last Word last night after nightfall. I just want one.

X-Frame

I'd love to read more of your impressions on the Fixer and, when/if possible, how it compares to Devil.

Will do! I also have a dropped versio of the Devil but I don't think it is as good as the vendor one. It has very low range but explosive rounds, which are fun but I don't like how they reduce the precision damage by 50%.

I'll be maxing out the Lord High Fixer asap though. I also want to do some general tests on the range because the vendor one has Rangefinder which further increases the range as well -- so maybe I won't even need the Send It upgrade unless I'm basically sniping with it. Otherwise the fast reload will be more useful if Send It is overkill.

RMI

Banned
He and other real life buds were slinging Pulse Rifles to give you an idea of how casual (he even thought Hunters were underpowered in PvP).

Are pulse rifles that awful? I've been using Bad Seed Down which I got from a random drop and it's OK.

Bizazedo

My friend got his SECOND Last Word last night after nightfall. I just want one.

I helped the same guy and his buds through the normal raid. One normal raid, he pulled in Epilogue, Corrective Measures, the Rocket Launcher, and the legendary normal ship. His main complaint?

He really just wanted the shader.
Are pulse rifles that awful? I've been using Bad Seed Down which I got from a random drop and it's OK.

Yes. I think The Stranger's Rifle is actually one of the better ones?

BondFancy

I helped the same guy and his buds through the normal raid. One normal raid, he pulled in Epilogue, Corrective Measures, the Rocket Launcher, and the legendary normal ship. His main complaint?

He really just wanted the shader.

Tell him I've got that damn thing every run, he can have em...

Was out of town over the weekend so sadly missed the icebreaker at Xur. Got plenty of coins for this weekend though so I hope he's got something good!

Maxed out my raid gauntlets. I'm going to try and save my materials for another raid armor drop.

Managed to do the weekly and nightfall yesterday-- I love getting the nightfall done early so I can reap the bonus for the rest of the week.

A friend of mine has been sitting on the game for almost two weeks but can't connect to PSN and, therefore, to Destiny. Are there weird PSN outages in different places? He's in Texas (outside Houston) and he says another friend can't connect either.

realcZk

Is Ska ok?

He must be mad... why? because you two assholes waited for me to reconnect after I got kicked by the servers... and what was my reward? Hehehehe. I regret nothing.

I think hes finally bored of Destiny after hitting level 30 and is currently experiencing a guardian identity crisis. The only thing that could truly fix him emotionally would be the Hawkmoon at this point

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Felt really good to just play for a long while again last night. I'll get to do so again tonight and then it's back to another week of not really getting to play at all (woooo remote play for Xur though!) only wound up getting to do some crucible on my warlock, but had some pretty great matches with a completely unupgraded SUROS Regime. felt very uncivilized compared to my playstyle on my hunter, but I've decided to embrace everything I loathe with my sunsinger. i'm going to be sooooo frustrating to fight against when he's fully unlocked/geared/built. Right before bed I unlocked the "zoom for slower ROF and higher damage"........ my god. For someone already used to needing headshots, it's a bit, er, well. Gun should be renamed the SUROS Whatnerf.
Admittedly, comparing it to my Shingen-E use, I did feel the difference with auto rifle usage from pre-patch, though it's still perfectly possible to stomp face with one. I honestly think they're in a pretty good place overall now, with specific guns (Doctor Nope, Hard Light) needing some simple stability buffs to compete.

Well, you should be completing your Nightfall and Weekly Heroic each week, but you only get rewards for each once per week. Hope I didn't misunderstand your question.

You should absolutely do at least one Public Event per day and your Daily Heroic story at 28 to maximize you chances for shards. Beyond those, the only non-RNG source of them is to buy armor with marks and dismantle it for shards. Chest/boots/gauntlets only- helms are more expensive.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
well my Shadowprice is no longer a tack driver. sad days..

honestly though I am ok with that, Its still super deadly at close range (like an AR should) it was crazy the stability and range it had.

there is a place for SR now and I love that.

Destiny OT8: A million threads are not enough for master Rahool.

SR > all else!

RMI

Banned
Yes. I think The Stranger's Rifle is actually one of the better ones?

What's good about it? I see that it has full auto, but other than that it seems worse. My drop Bad Seed Down has headseeker which I think is giving it a boost over the vendor version, btw.

I'm not going to say it's the best gun but they're not so bad.

Unrelated - I just hit level 26, will I be a huge weight around the neck of a normal raid group? I want to do the raid but am worried that I won't be able to contribute much.

Felt really good to just play for a long while again last night. I'll get to do so again tonight and then it's back to another week of not really getting to play at all...
Is the raid on tonight? If so, shoot me an invite. My friend who I keep trying to play with can't connect to PSN so chances are he won't be up for our weekly coop. Anyway, I need more raid gear.

Bizazedo

What's good about it? I see that it has full auto, but other than that it seems worse. My drop Bad Seed Down has headseeker which I think is giving it a boost over the vendor version, btw.

I'm not going to say it's the best gun but they're not so bad.

Unrelated - I just hit level 26, will I be a huge weight around the neck of a normal raid group? I want to do the raid but am worried that I won't be able to contribute much.

I am not an expert on pulses. I have Muscular Dystrophy, so any weapon that has repeated trigger pulls is bad for me. I vastly prefer auto rifle / auto mod weapons as a result.

That being said, I think the main problem with pulses isn't that they're horrible, it's that they don't have a role others don't perform as well / better?

Waldini

Destiny OT8: Still a better love stor... no wait

Finished the Thorns PvP bouny in just under 1,5 hours. Did pretty well. Had a major set-back thanks to some user using the Mythlocast :( Damn, that ding is still beastly.

All that is left is the Xyor the Unwed part... time to scramble a Fireteam.

I got the Hawkmoon after NF last night.

One dude in my group wanted it so badly. I only kind of wanted it. Pretty sure he is not happy with me right now.

ha.

We were in an Atheon hard cheese two nights ago. My friend's friend jumped in the room,

Him: "What are you guys doing, how are you going to beat him with only 3 people."
Us: Just shut up and keep killing yourself when you spawn.

*clumsy Atheon

Him: "Whats a Vex Mythoclast?"

Only one in the group to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom