• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Wow the new farming room is almost as good as the cave, actually better since you can solo it and gain more XP per minute.

Is that the staircase one?

I found it quite good although having to pop back outside to clear out the mobs every so often got a little tedious.

Think I managed 3 blue and tons of greens in around 15 minutes.

Daemul

He and other real life buds were slinging Pulse Rifles to give you an idea of how casual.

520ecb18dca56_640.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah I forgot, I should also apologize... to anyone I was nonresponsive to last night after like 1:00AM, I was playing on Remote Play and just doing some farming/bounties, not really fully conscious and my headset was in the other room.

This really kind of makes me feel like a dick, but if you blind invite me to your fireteam or blind join my fireteam, it's totally possible that you will get no response from me at all :-[ It happens a lot, and my play habits solo are such that I AFK frequently, might be on Remote Play or not have my headset hooked up or just be focusing on stuff that likely wouldn't be fun for you to group up with me for... and I just have no clue what I'm being expected to group for under these circumstances, and asking every individual time it happens got impractical really quickly.

Please just send me a PSN message with what you're looking to do/want help with (or set it up in this thread!). I'm almost aaaaalways willing to help out no matter what it is if I have the time, and I will at least reply to your message 100% of the time, I promise. A PSN Party request is usually good too, as then we can just chat real quick about what we're up to, although in the above late night scenario I might not be able to join that either. But blind invites/joins I've just started having to kind of throw my hands up and ignore :( Again, I'm sorry and it's nothing even remotely personal to anyone this has happened to.

Qwell

i thought that was so easy... The crucible bounties that make me sweat are the 10 triple kil without reloading medals..ugh
Usually when I do play PVP I hover around the .67 KDR. I tend to get a good number of kills, I just die a lot. I'm a rush type of player.

I think hes finally bored of Destiny after hitting level 30 and is currently experiencing a guardian identity crisis. The only thing that could truly fix him emotionally would be the Hawkmoon at this point

I think I'd probably be in the same boat if I didn't have the raid to complete a few more times. I told him I'd trade him. He can have the Hawkmoon for 20 shards.

Bungie needs to put this in the game. Big time. For Ska.

Ah I forgot, I should also apologize... to anyone I was nonresponsive to last night after like 1:00AM, I was playing on Remote Play and just doing some farming/bounties, not really fully conscious and my headset was in the other room.

This really kind of makes me feel like a dick, but if you blind invite me to your fireteam or blind join my fireteam, it's totally possible that you will get no response from me at all :-[ It happens a lot, and my play habits solo are such that I AFK frequently, might be on Remote Play or not have my headset hooked up or just be focusing on stuff that likely wouldn't be fun for you to group up with me for... and I just have no clue what I'm being expected to group for under these circumstances, and asking every individual time it happens got impractical really quickly.

Please just send me a PSN message with what you're looking to do/want help with (or set it up in this thread!). I'm almost aaaaalways willing to help out no matter what it is if I have the time, and I will at least reply to your message 100% of the time, I promise. A PSN Party request is usually good too, as then we can just chat real quick about what we're up to, although in the above late night scenario I might not be able to join that either. But blind invites/joins I've just started having to kind of throw my hands up and ignore :( Again, I'm sorry and it's nothing even remotely personal to anyone this has happened to.

Bahaha. I joined your fireteam late night last night because I had nothing better to do and didn't feel like going to bed yet. Yes, you appeared to be "AFK" but I really didn't care.

akileese

ha.

We were in an Atheon hard cheese two nights ago. My friend's friend jumped in the room,

Him: "What are you guys doing, how are you going to beat him with only 3 people."
Us: Just shut up and keep killing yourself when you spawn.

*clumsy Atheon

Him: "Whats a Vex Mythoclast?"

Only one in the group to get one.

It looks like the Mythoclast nerf was actually closer to 50 percent than 35 or whatever (Saw the reddit thread about it and my buddy tried the same and noticed the damaged was indeed a lot closer to 50 percent down). Wonder if it was just an error on Bungie's part or if it's one of those secret nerfs that's actually bigger than stated.

Motivate me to finish the bounty...

The best is when you're going toe to toe with someone else and you're each going back to cover. They're trying to line up a few headshots. You however can just pop off a couple hits and watch them reconsider the life they've lead as they fruitlessly wither away out of view!

It's even better when you slap Send It on and use it to snipe people across the map. The range is insane.

Yeah I've got Send It atm. I was hoping to go with Perfect Balance but honestly, the stability while it looks atrocious but its actually pretty good. If it isn't that its the fact that you do damage between shots so you can calmy aim a second instead of firing off wildly like a crazy person.

Hoodbury

Switched from Suros to my Legendary Pulse Rifle, Fair and Square, which was a reward not bought from the crucible vender. It has the fire in full auto mode perk and I did really good with it last night in the crucible.

Also made the switch from Titan Striker to Defender and am having a lot of fun with that. I can't believe how many people still run into my bubble only to get punched the f out. Even got an "At Any Cost" medal last night when 3 guys all ran into my bubble at the same time and I punched them all to death. The magnetic grenade is also a god send after trying the 3 Striker nades. I actually get grenade kills now.

Only problem with defender is I don't get very many multi-kill medals anymore and I have the bounty to get 5 of those. I can get them every once in awhile with guns or nades, but not at the rate of a Striker and Fist of Havok. I use to finish that bounty in a couple games usually.

Got a quad multi kill with the Suros once, that was pretty cool. 4 guys all sitting at the B flag at Firebase Delphi and my team had the C flag spawn. They were all looking toward that entrance and I went around towards the A side and just held the trigger down and one goes down, then the next, then the next and with the last bullet the fourth one goes down. That whole time, not one of them turned to shoot back at me. They were so fixated on the other side, heh. Don't think my pulse rifle will pull that off, but I can get doubles with it still.

Anyhoo, just reporting in that apparently Pulse Rifles actually do work and pretty good too. And with the full auto perk I don't have to wear down my R2 button.

edit* lol, reading back to the last page, I guess I'm casual now that I'm rocking a Pulse Rifle. Oh well. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is the raid on tonight? If so, shoot me an invite. My friend who I keep trying to play with can't connect to PSN so chances are he won't be up for our weekly coop. Anyway, I need more raid gear.
Absolutely! 9:00PM Eastern guys. If anyone from our static group can't make it, please post or PM me or PSN message so that I can find an alt.
Bahaha. I joined your fireteam late night last night because I had nothing better to do and didn't feel like going to bed yet. Yes, you appeared to be "AFK" but I really didn't care.
Hahah... as long as I didn't offend you. I literally had gaf up on a laptop and one eye on the screen doing the easy bounties and spinmetal farming XD half-brain destiny play is nice sometimes.

Is that the staircase one?

I found it quite good although having to pop back outside to clear out the mobs every so often got a little tedious.

Think I managed 3 blue and tons of greens in around 15 minutes.

Just leave one guy alive and the ship won't show up for long time.

The best is when you're going toe to toe with someone else and you're each going back to cover. They're trying to line up a few headshots. You however can just pop off a couple hits and watch them reconsider the life they've lead as they fruitlessly wither away out of view!

Aah, I really want to get it but don't have a decent void damage weapon atm...

LiK

Always close Fireteam joining for such occasions. I tend to do that for farming. I don't like people joining me cuz then I get pressured to rush around looking for materials.

LordofPwn

Me every single day:

"I'll only be on a little bit to do the daily and a couple bounties, i've got other things i need to do. *several hours later* shit, why is it 1am?"

TheContact

Still upset about not buying the icebreaker over the weekend. I have 24 strange coins saved up for the regime if it ever shows up again.

I was one strange coin away from getting it. I tried farming one for hours on sat night but I got so tired and passed out. Couldn't do it. Was pissed.

I dismantled the last word I got from the weekly nightfall. Kinda regret it now but I have good weapons.

realcZk

Yeah I've got Send It atm. I was hoping to go with Perfect Balance but honestly, the stability while it looks atrocious but its actually pretty good. If it isn't that its the fact that you do damage between shots so you can calmy aim a second instead of firing off wildly like a crazy person.

Do you use Aggressive Ballistics? They help some. (My PvP setup: http://i.imgur.com/E7U1xRO.png). Once you get used to the "feel" of Thorn and HC for the most part you'll find the "sweet-spot" to spam headshots. You don't really have to aim or wait for the recoil animation to reset/finish, just have to have the first shot lined up and control the recoil and spam that fire button.

Stats for comparison

Fatebringer - http://i.imgur.com/kUqyduM.png
The Devil You Know - http://i.imgur.com/TcRfFes.png

Still working on my Fatebringer, but I'd recommend TDYK to anyone just getting into HC, its an amazing weapon. 3rd best in the game for PvE (in my humble opinion), with Fatebringer/Hawkmoon being #1 and #2 respectively.

And to anyone who hasn't finished the Thorn bounty or upgraded it to the point of the Mark of Devourer perk - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

X-Frame

I have a dropped Vanguard pulse rifle Super Pox VLO which has the always on Radar and Secret Round, plus Field Scout for a 42 round mag or High Caliber Rounds for staggering and it's wonderful in PvE -- but fires way too slow for PvP.

It one-burst kills almost every low level mob and has great range and stability and even great damage for higher level mobs. I think I got lucky with this drop.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was one strange coin away from getting it. I tried farming one for hours on sat night but I got so tired and passed out. Couldn't do it. Was pissed.

I dismantled the last word I got from the weekly nightfall. Kinda regret it now but I have good weapons.

Why would you dismantle a last word? Doesn't make any sense.

Hey Hawkian if there is an extra spot in the raid mind letting me join? (Assuming it's normal since I'm only level 28). If it's hard nevermind. But I would appreciate being considered as a benchwarmer in case someone can't make it.

Also do you get anything special for dismantling exotic armor? I have a sun breaker I don't want or need.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Raid helmet does drop on normal, it's just a different color and name.
Is there anything to this or is it just misinformation? First I've ever heard the claim that a raid legendary helm drops on normal
Always close Fireteam joining for such occasions. I tend to do that for farming. I don't like people joining me cuz then I get pressured to rush around looking for materials.
Good point... it still doesn't save your fireteam type selection when you restart the game right? bleh

I'm over 110 hours of playtime in this game, in all types of activities, and not a single exotic drop of any kind so far. This game's RNG seems skewed somehow to me...

I have learned that the more you want it the less you will get it. RNGesus works that way. He was put on the cross to be punished for crappy loot rolls and apparently did not learn his lesson.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there anything to this or is it just misinformation? First I've ever heard the claim that a raid legendary helm drops on normal

I've never heard this, and haven't seen it after clearing the raid multiple times a week the last few weeks. I suppose anything is possible.

LiK

Good point... it still doesn't save your fireteam type selection when you restart the game right? bleh

Yea, it always defaults to Friends only. I dunno why it doesn't save the setting.

WITHE1982

I'm over 110 hours of playtime in this game, in all types of activities, and not a single exotic drop of any kind so far. This game's RNG seems skewed somehow to me...

I'm in a similar situation. 119 hours in and, despite having 3 exotic weapons, none of them have just been from missions/strike/weekly drops.

I've got invective and pocket infinity from exotic bounties and icebreaker which I bought from Xur.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aah, I really want to get it but don't have a decent void damage weapon atm...
I highly recommend saving up and buying 77 Wizard from the Crucible vendor, and then employ this strategy to get that step done. The Wizard is a dynamite void option to have in your arsenal and it honestly made the bounty fun, and Thorn is such a unique weapon that it's really worth having even before the buff.
Hey Hawkian if there is an extra spot in the raid mind letting me join? (Assuming it's normal since I'm only level 28). If it's hard nevermind. But I would appreciate being considered as a benchwarmer in case someone can't make it.
I'll definitely put you down as an alt for tonight.

It's Normal and we do everything legit. personally I'm not looking to do hard for a few more weeks yet, lol

sikkinixx

Are those daily strikes on the left side of the map screen only with friends/clan or whatever? No matchmaking like usual strikes? I'm level 23 and tried the level 20 one and got rocked because of the increased melee damage

I highly recommend saving up and buying 77 Wizard from the Crucible vendor, and then employ this strategy to get that step done. The Wizard is a dynamite void option to have in your arsenal and it honestly made the bounty fun, and Thorn is such a unique weapon that it's really worth having even before the buff. l

I'm so torn about that though since I already have 77 Wizard, but with arc damage.

Can you put me down as an alt for your normal raid, btw?

LiK

I highly recommend saving up and buying 77 Wizard from the Crucible vendor, and then employ this strategy to get that step done. The Wizard is a dynamite void option to have in your arsenal and it honestly made the bounty fun, and Thorn is such a unique weapon that it's really worth having even before the buff.

I'll definitely put you down as an alt for tonight.

It's Normal and we do everything legit. personally I'm not looking to do hard for a few more weeks yet, lol

Put me as an alt too. I want the boots. I have a Raid planned with another Gaffer but that's for trophy purposes.

MaxiLive

I'm similar and I've only had one drop! Luckily I've had a few bounties to get some more and lots of coins to buy some for Xur.

E92 M3

It looks like the Mythoclast nerf was actually closer to 50 percent than 35 or whatever (Saw the reddit thread about it and my buddy tried the same and noticed the damaged was indeed a lot closer to 50 percent down). Wonder if it was just an error on Bungie's part or if it's one of those secret nerfs that's actually bigger than stated.

Yes, it was completely neutered. Truly seemed like an intern did it.

In my first two Nightfalls (done last night and tonight), I've gotten two exotics: Plan C and, last night, the venerable Gjallahorn.

I play with a buddy who has been joining us for Nightfalls, but for whatever reason, we can NEVER beat them when he is with us. Over the past two nights, when he decides he is done trying for the night, a different buddy hops on and we promptly beat the Nightfall.

Poor guy just wants some good gear, but hasn't been sticking around to get it.

Also, was this posted? Vex Mythoclast was actually nerfed 50%, not 34%?

Before the patch, the weapon did 45 damage at point-blank range in the Crucible (source video). There are countless YouTube videos that exist that can verify this.

After the patch, the weapon does 23 damage at point-blank range in the Crucible (my image). This is verifiable in game.

In my first two Nightfalls (done last night and tonight), I've gotten two exotics: Plan C and, last night, the venerable Gjallahorn.

I play with a buddy who has been joining us for Nightfalls, but for whatever reason, we can NEVER beat them when he is with us. Over the past two nights, when he decides he is done trying for the night, a different buddy hops on and we promptly beat the Nightfall.

Poor guy just wants some good gear, but hasn't been sticking around to get it.

Also, was this posted? Vex Mythoclast was actually nerfed 50%, not 34%?

lOT8l Devil Vex Cry

Tawpgun

Got the raid boots for Hunter.

Hunter Raid Gear kinda sucks imo. The boots and the arms look like butt.

The boots in particular its like one leg is a dustwalker leg and the other is ripped from titan armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom