• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Are pulse rifles that awful? I've been using Bad Seed Down which I got from a random drop and it's OK.

There's nothing wrong with them mate, they're brilliant. People just don't like them because you can't spray and pray like you can with auto's.

E92 M3

In my first two Nightfalls (done last night and tonight), I've gotten two exotics: Plan C and, last night, the venerable Gjallahorn.

I play with a buddy who has been joining us for Nightfalls, but for whatever reason, we can NEVER beat them when he is with us. Over the past two nights, when he decides he is done trying for the night, a different buddy hops on and we promptly beat the Nightfall.

Poor guy just wants some good gear, but hasn't been sticking around to get it.

Also, was this posted? Vex Mythoclast was actually nerfed 50%, not 34%?

I wish for Bungie to admit they fucked up the coolest weapon in the game. They just gave the middle finger to everyone that went through the raid fully.

Got the raid boots for Hunter.

Hunter Raid Gear kinda sucks imo. The boots and the arms look like butt.

The boots in particular its like one leg is a dustwalker leg and the other is ripped from titan armor.

The chest is the ugliest of them all.

BondFancy

Is there anything to this or is it just misinformation? First I've ever heard the claim that a raid legendary helm drops on normal

Good point... it still doesn't save your fireteam type selection when you restart the game right? bleh

Yeah I was wrong, it was datamined before the release, so bungie must've scrapped the normal raid helm...

I've done the raid twice now.

First raid, I got shards, Raid Chest, and Vision of Confluence.

Did it again list night and in a single run I got:
Praedyth's revenge.
Corrective Measure.
Patience and Time.
Atheon's Epilogue.

Am I hated?

I did it pretty easily. Went Voidwalker right up to the final boss, then switched to Sunsinger in case I did something stupid and died (which I did, once). Stay at the cave entrance during the Hive/Fallen fight, then stay in the room with the downward staircase immediately to your left for the final boss fight, shouldn't be a problem. Void weapons make quick work of pretty much everything.

Yeah, wasn't that hard.
I got 7 ascendant energy -.-
Thats pretty much useless to me right now. I have 50 of them now.

joecanada

Are pulse rifles that awful? I've been using Bad Seed Down which I got from a random drop and it's OK.

Bad Seed is a good mid range weapon... use the long range scope and you can cheese strikes with 80% crits on headshots, something you won't ever get on an auto rifle... however if you have a really good sniper rifle the usefulness decreases, but still I switch between bad seed and icebreaker a lot, take down the shields, switch, and finish....

and I have monte carlo and grim citizen rifle as well... in pvp monte carlo plus shotgun is brutal but you have to be in mid-close range....

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish for Bungie to admit they fucked up the coolest weapon in the game. They just gave the middle finger to everyone that went through the raid fully.

Come on, let's be honest here. The number of people who (a) own a Vex, (b) killed the templar without using the exploit, and (c) kill Atheon without using the exploit, is about 3%.

patchday

I'm similar and I've only had one drop! Luckily I've had a few bounties to get some more and lots of coins to buy some for Xur.

This game is kind of generous in comparison to early World of Warcraft. I recall never seeing any valuable legendary ever drop. This game will eventually gift you an exotic. I got a Suros from Iron Banner the other day for example. Might have been my only exotic drop though

I have countless hrs invested tho. And not really concerned much bout equipment. Not in a hurry to get to 30. My goal instead is to just experiment with different guns & classes. Kill everyone in Crucible. You know, just normal goals like that :)

Just run nightfall & weekly heroics at L28 once a week you'll get lucky one day surely

ERMint13

Does anyone think Xur will ever sell Exotic Weapon Engrams? I don't need anymore shards ever so do the Motes of Light become useless to me? I have over 100 some Motes.

I have learned that the more you want it the less you will get it. RNGesus works that way. He was put on the cross to be punished for crappy loot rolls and apparently did not learn his lesson.

I'm in a similar situation. 119 hours in and, despite having 3 exotic weapons, none of them have just been from missions/strike/weekly drops.

I've got invective and pocket infinity from exotic bounties and icebreaker which I bought from Xur.

I'm similar and I've only had one drop! Luckily I've had a few bounties to get some more and lots of coins to buy some for Xur.

Yep, all exotics I own I bought from Xur or got from exotic bounties. Even legendaries are extremely rare for me. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I have to buy stuff a while ago.

Do you do the Nightfall and Raid every week?

Yes. Coins, motes and ass mats seem to be my best friends. It's like the game keeps pushing me to buy stuff since that's what it keeps giving me. Nightfall yesterday gave me Red Hand IX, the week before it gave 9 coins.

Hoodbury

OT8 -See our entire line of NERF blasters, refills and gear, including NERF N-STRIKE ELITE, NERF VORTEX, and NERF REBELLE, NERF SUPER SOAKER water blasters, and NERF N-SPORTS products.

For those of us browsing at work, can we avoid "Ass Cheese"?

I've edited my post to better reflect the cost of browsing the Destiny Board.

On that note, how are Scout Rifles now? Last I heard, they're the new OP toy in Cru-

That's it.

OT8-Too Much Vault of Ass will Kill You.(Reference to the best band and the sexiest singer ever, Freddie Mercury)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know this issue is very close to your heart, I've been thinking about it a lot and I wanted to ensure that you'd be okay with it being returned to its previous power for PvE only?

E92 M3

Come on, let's be honest here. The number of people who (a) own a Vex, (b) killed the templar without using the exploit, and (c) kill Atheon without using the exploit, is about 3%.

Sure some cheesed every single thing, but even the minority don't deserved to be screwed.

I know this issue is very close to your heart, I've been thinking about it a lot and I wanted to ensure that you'd be okay with it being returned to its previous power for PvE only?

It is. The Mytho was the culmination of my obsession with this game and I felt very happy getting it. I don't care what they do with PVP, but leave the cool PVE weapons alone. So yes, if they balance PVE and PVP separately I will be very happy.

Dave_6

And to anyone who hasn't finished the Thorn bounty or upgraded it to the point of the Mark of Devourer perk - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

I'm trying my hardest to get through the crucible part of the bounty (423 out of 500) but it takes me forever as I have three or four bad games to one good game.

nowai

You're kidding yourself if you think even half of the people went through the full raid.

Most are getting Atheon hard checkpoint and cheesing him while skipping the hardest part.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
OT8 Destiny: Are you a Myth-Busted Iconoclast with Raid Assurance Insurance? It's SUROS business even when you affluently con a vision.

OT8 Loot Cave backwards is Evac Tool

Hoodbury

I'm trying my hardest to get through the crucible part of the bounty (423 out of 500) but it takes me forever as I have three or four bad games to one good game.

As soon as you recognize the competition is too good for you to get positive results you should leave and find a different match. That bounty is painful enough, don't stick around in games where you are losing points.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is. The Mytho was the culmination of my obsession with this game and I felt very happy getting it. I don't care what they do with PVP, but leave the cool PVE weapons alone. So yes, if they balance PVE and PVP separately I will be very happy.
gotcha. I wouldn't be surprised if that occurs. There was certainly no need to nerf it for PvE that I'm aware of.

Qwell

So the 25 strikes for Tolands Legacy...
which strike would you recommend?
Is it true that strikes on hard count more than one?
I actually just finished that myself, I ran Nexus on normal, you can speed run it even solo in about 7-8 minutes. Just kill the first 3 servitors and then run straight to the boss, skip all the mobs. I do think harder ones count for more, I think I was like 2 away from 25 and I ran the lvl 28 weekly and it gave me the last 2 if I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom