• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
And thus, as has been foretold in endless (that is six or so) former official threads, Dax will willfully and gleefully go against the will of the community and drop an unpraised title on the next OT and that next OT shall become as barren as a wasteland, filled only with pages of rage and posts asking, begging, cursing the title of the thread. So let be it written, so let it be done.

You don't get attention if you go along with the masses, duh.

In other news, are there any other automatic scout rifles besides the raid scout rifle?

Raids guns are great but it's all about the gear. Also, I wouldn't hate anyone for the drops they get. Don't hate the player, hate the RNGsus.

The title for most hated for a Raid loot list is Somnium.

But don't worry. I hate you too

My salt is visible

Yeah... Total first world problem, but I really wanted the boots and gloves. Icebreaker was the only sniper rifle I cared to use because of the ammo. But I guess Atheon's epilogue, corrective measure, and Praedyth's will make this week's nightfall a piece of cake.

RNGesus is trying to win my favor back after the "5 strange coins" incident from two nightfall runs last week.

Solo'd this afternoon, got Patience and Time as a reward.

Comes on the heels of Ice Breaker Weekend, so RNGesus still has some work to do to win me over.

Quoting myself here to tell a story which may not be for the faint of heart. I overnight have gone from being one of RNGesus' forsaken, to becoming one of His Chosen Disciples.

So I got Patience and Time from the Nightfall on my Titan yesterday. After work I hopped on and ran the Nightfall on my Hunter, got Hard Light.

Ran the raid on my Titan. Got raid gloves from the Templar (needed boots, already have gloves). On the way to the Gorgon's Lair I tell my group that I got Hard Light and Patience and Time.

They are giving me hell because I got two exotic weapons in one day. I said "Well, yeah, it is cool. But I don't really NEED those weapons, all I need to hit 30 is my raid boots. The only exotic weapons really on my wishlist are The Last Word and Red Death."

We get to the first Gorgon's chest. Boom. The Last Word. Group hates me.

We defeat Atheon. Boom. Red Death AND Vision of Confluence. Group hates me.

We cleared the raid in under an hour, so we decided to run it on our alts. Hop on my hunter. We defeat the Templar, I get my raid boots for my hunter.

Defeat Atheon. I get my second Atheon's Epilogue, which I dismantle. Group hates me.

Raid is over, I decided to do one of the bounties, the Shrines of Oryx. Find a Legendary Heavy engram right before the boss. Decrypts into Zombie Apocalypse.

So in one day my spoils were:

Hard Light
Patience and Time
Red Death
The Last Word
Vision of Confluence
Atheon's Epilogue
Zombie Apocalypse
Titan raid gloves
Hunter raid boots

Pretty pleased, although now I have so many weapons I literally can't choose which ones I want to use. Yes, feel free to hate me. Bear in mind though, prior to yesterday, every single Legendary or Exotic I had on any character was from farming marks and buying things from Xur. Never a single decent drop to speak of for five weeks. So in the end, random chance equals itself out. It will probably be another month before I see good loot again. Haha.

Heel

No one told you to run it without me.
icsyEqkE5H3iL.png

What started as "let's try a heroic raid!" turned into "...fuck this, let's just knock it out on normal" after about 3 hours of shooting oracles.

Beat it on normal in maybe 1.5 hours with a team of 29s.

hydruxo

It's usually not necessary or beneficial, really, but that's part of the beauty of the class skill/exotic build synergy which has a lot of endgame potential. A normally subpar skill can become invaluable when you throw on a new gun.

Okay yeah, we need to update our list of specific guns legitimately needing buffs. Don't post any already-good ARs or get laughed at by me

Exotics
Thorn
Bad Juju
Super Good Advice
Hard Light
Mida Multi-tool (? haven't played with it since SR buff)

Legendaries
Doctor Nope

Lol. I wouldn't fire another shot from thorn before upgrading it to Mark of the Devourer. Just equip it when turning in bounties.

Monte Carlo needs a buff. It's just sitting in my vault looking all shiny and useless atm.

Anyone want to help me finish the raid on normal? All ready at the end of the raid just need some guys who want to help me finish it really quick. PSN is FD_Reborn. Level 28s and up pls.

Pierate

Looking to do normal mode raid from the start if any teams need a guy. I'm a lvl 28 hunter, have done it once before so kinda know what I'm doing.

PSN: CptPierate

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually started doing a bit better in PvP when I finished the game and got the Stranger's rifle and wound up sticking with it for a while until I found something that was Rare 18+.

After around 30+ hours or so, I got an exotic Red Death from a Legendary engram. I'm doing "OK" with it, although I'm still struggling to get a K/D ratio over 1 most games (getting tonnes of assists mind). I've a nagging doubt there's probably a better option out where somewhere but now the auto-rifles have been nerfed I'm not sure what my first legendary gun purchase should be for PvP.

I'm a Voidwalker for the most part, if that makes any odds.
Remember, gun level/attack stat matters absolutely nothing for regular Crucible. Blue guns are beyond a doubt viable for high-level PvP in this game if you prefer them. For the moment a Galahad-E remains my exotic-swap replacement for the Regime on my warlock until I find a legendary equivalent, and I saw someone absolutely dominate last night with a Surrender A, a gun I'd never seen before.
I am planning to buy the AR with 72 bullets from Dead orbit but there is a Shadow price in Vanguard, I need advice which one is better for PVE
Shadow Price. Unwilling Soul-9 is an interesting beast. With the Persistence mod (available in the vendor version) I'd definitely say it's viable with that giant mag, and I've been killed by it plenty. But Shadow Price is the all-around better bet, unless you're specifically looking for high-capacity, high-ROF.
You can add pulse rifles to that list hawkian.
no I can't, read again :p
Monte Carlo needs a buff. It's just sitting in my vault looking all shiny and useless atm.
yes, very good one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
additions in bold
Okay yeah, we need to update our list of specific guns legitimately needing buffs. Don't post any already-good ARs or get laughed at by me

Exotics
Thorn (for PvE)
Bad Juju
Super Good Advice
Hard Light
Monte Carlo

Legendaries
Doctor Nope
i will cry hawk tears if the word acrophobeon makes it into the ot8 title

blackflag

It's usually not necessary or beneficial, really, but that's part of the beauty of the class skill/exotic build synergy which has a lot of endgame potential. A normally subpar skill can become invaluable when you throw on a new gun.

Exotics
Thorn
Bad Juju
Super Good Advice
Hard Light

Legendaries
Doctor Nope

Lol. I wouldn't fire another shot from thorn before upgrading it to Mark of the Devourer. Just equip it when turning in bounties.

Yeah MIDA still needs a huge buff. It does less damage than my Cryptic Dragon at the same damage level. Like 40 less damage per hit. It has less range, less stability, less impact.....

Cømet

Banned
Thanks guys, I've had a look at both Shadow Price and Vanquisher. Both look great, though I'll go with the former (at least for now) since I can pick it up now rather than get NM rep to level three and get the crucible marks. Not a huge fan of the sights on it, but I got used to Suros' so all good.

Whine & cheese > height joke. It's a good try, but why would Atheon be afraid of heights? He apparently loves jumping off the edge :p

realcZk

Yeah MIDA still needs a huge buff. It does less damage than my Cryptic Dragon at the same damage level. Like 40 less damage per hit. It has less range, less stability, less impact.....

And its ugly and bland looking with a weird scope and toy radar on the side that does nothing.

RedFury

Normal raid? Our team runs through normal in 50 minutes. :p
How?! My group can't get by the gates. They just end up at each other's throats. I need a better raid group :( ...but friends and all. It gets so bad we found out one of the guys that USED to be in the group was a closet racist. It gets bad, real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom