• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A friend started 2 days ago, so I started a Hunter with them to go through their story mode playthrough... My god what an amazing class. This is coming from a diehard Warlock player.
Haha, I'm having the opposite experience right now going from hunter to sunsinger. after all the discussion of bladedancers being OP and my own research on sunsingers in the Crucible, I still got struck by how fun it is to actually play. hunters still best class of all time though.

Squalltdx

Soloing Nightfall, Sepiks health half way down and all of a sudden screen goes black. Error removed from game world. Of course that would happen :(

Two Words

Man, after seeing what they did to Pocket Infinity, I'm done with game for a while. I can no longer become invested in the loot if they are so quick to gimp it all for the sake of PvP. Destiny is like a boat with holes everywhere. Bungie can't plug one hole without letting another leak. I'm going to wait until they just get a new boat.

E92 M3

Don't weight my suggestions more heavily than anyone else's. I'm just some dude. :)

Seems to fit, though.

I want to play Destiny lately, but every time I do I feel like Destiny doesn't want me to play it.

Don't kid yourself; you only have time till the MCC comes out. And that's not enough for Destiny ;)

Man, after seeing what they did to Pocket Infinity, I'm done with game for a while. I can no longer become invested in the loot if they are so quick to gimp it all for the sake of PvP. Destiny is like a boat with holes everywhere. Bungie can't plug one hole without letting another leak. I'm going to wait until they just get a new boat.

I'd say that's a very logical step to take. That said, if they didn't learn nothing from this latest outrage, then we have a huge problem on our hands. I am giving them a week or two to address everything. Hell, I don't Friday's weekly update to be some bullshit story about guardians and their pets. I hope Deej gets down and dirty by giving all of the details of what is to come and how Bungie will address the community moving forward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought everyone loved Warlocks and Hunters. Titans are so unloved. :(
lol ummmm. Weapons of Light is the single best PvE skill in the game
going on my hunter, currently have the last word, hawkmoon and thorn but I need a legendary so i can use other exotics. what's your go-to hawkian?
Lol! Any guesses?

The Devil You Know is my stalwart when I'm otherwise utilizing my exotic slot though.
edit: i've also got the knucklehead radar
Then that benefit of the Venation is nullified. I'm gonna vote you turn it into energies to put into a better gun :D
Maybe this should just be it, permanently?

Optimal use of Pocket Infinity in both PvE and PvP is completely unaffected by this nerf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didn't have a ton of time to play last night, but I did knock out most of the PVE bounties for the day and the Nightfall solo. Only got mats for the Nightfall, but seeing as I don't have raid gear yet I'm still happy with them (even if it isn't as exciting in the moment to see).

Speaking of the raid, the next couple of evenings are probably my best shot to give it a try this week. I usually start my playtime around 5:30-6pm pacific. So if someone is planning a raid tonight I'd like to get in on it (I'll post again later cause I doubt people will remember this post hours from now).

I'm on PS4, psn is: kaiotheforsaken. My only raid experience in this game is watching some boss vids. Level 29 Warlock, prefer Void but will probably run Sun so I'm less of a liability to the group.

Edit: Looking for normal mode only right now.

If you can just push it an hour back I'd love to join lvl 29 warlock both subclasses maxxed beat raid 4x psn death4romabove22 oh yea est time zone lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm aaaaaaalmost to that point as well.

My perception, rightly or wrongly, is that they punish a set of players not mutually exclusive to another. I haven't touched crucible in 3 weeks and won't ever again. so Why nerf my weapon? I also did not cheese aetheon? so why "punish" me or anyone else in my situation?

The reality is they are setting a precedent that anything can and will change at some point in time and they will always fall back on "well, erp, it wasn't how we intended it.".
stop being almost at that point and just be there, eh? I'm not talking about you personally in saying this and I mean that, but I feel like I see multiple threats to quit for good on every single page. why keep torturing yourselves? no one should have to convince themselves to continue playing a videogame :-[

as with any online game at all, your assertion that anything can and will change at any time is of course correct.

I probably will never play an alt. enough to level a Titan, and I happen to mostly run with Warlocks and Hunters in my fireteams, so what is so great about Weapons of Light? Is it just the fact you can step in and out and pop shots, then regain health/shield in a nice big bubble? I noticed it rains orbs of light which is nice. Am I misisng something? I just want to make sure I am utilizing them the best way possible when I play with Titans.

Deku Tree

Halo brings us back; it always does. The gravity of playing CE and Halo 2 again is too strong to resist. My friend gave up on video games, but is getting an Xbone for Halo.

MCC is not brining me back. I played Halo at launch on the Xbox and every Halo shooter after that up to Reach on my 360. And I replayed them all so many times. But I'm playing Destiny now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The reality is they are setting a precedent that anything can and will change at some point in time and they will always fall back on "well, erp, it wasn't how we intended it.".

well, you know what? I didn't buy the game with the intention of having the rules change on me either.

This definitely isn't the game for you. A game is SO MUCH better with the developer changing and adjusting things as time goes on. I probably wouldn't play if Bungie didn't adjust things.

milkham

lol ummmm. Weapons of Light is the single best PvE skill in the game

Lol! Any guesses?

The Devil You Know is my stalwart when I'm otherwise utilizing my exotic slot though.

Then that benefit of the Venation is nullified. I'm gonna vote you turn it into energies to put into a better gun :D

Maybe this should just be it, permanently?

Optimal use of Pocket Infinity in both PvE and PvP is completely unaffected by this nerf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks hawkian, i just picked one up from the vendor, just curious is yours the vendor version or a drop with different specs?

DJ88

I probably will never play an alt. enough to level a Titan, and I happen to mostly run with Warlocks and Hunters in my fireteams, so what is so great about Weapons of Light? Is it just the fact you can step in and out and pop shots, then regain health/shield in a nice big bubble? I noticed it rains orbs of light which is nice. Am I misisng something? I just want to make sure I am utilizing them the best way possible when I play with Titans.

You're thinking of Blessing of Light. Weapons of Light gives everyone that passes through the bubble a buff to the damage their weapons cause. I've read it's around a 25% buff, it's pretty handy in Nightfalls and Raids.

stop being almost at that point and just be there, eh? I'm not talking about you personally in saying this and I mean that, but I feel like I see multiple threats to quit for good on every single page. why keep torturing yourselves? no one should have to convince themselves to continue playing a videogame :-[
Yeah, I don't get the need to have to come in and announce that you're leaving the game. If you're done, just be done. I'm not sure what responses these posts are looking for.

Flo_Evans

as with any online game at all, your assertion that anything can and will change at any time is of course correct.

Destiny |OT8| I wish I knew how to quit you..

lol, destiny definitely has some hooks. I have played almost every single day since release and I enjoy myself every night. I was screaming so loud in the raid last night my wife had to come downstairs and tell me to shut up. I had just unlocked the MIRV MINI on my hezen vengeance and was screaming like a schoolgirl demolishing minotaurs :)

You're thinking of Blessing of Light. Weapons of Light gives everyone that passes through the bubble a buff to the damage their weapons cause. I've read it's around a 25% buff, it's pretty handy in Nightfalls and Raids.

Ok so Weapons of Light is just one of the options of Ward of Dawn. Does weapons of light still provide any protection or is it basically just a car wash you run through to get the buff?

Edit: Do the three version off Ward of Dawn look different? I guess once you are inside you get the text on your screen.

Flo_Evans

Try 33% damage boost... to the entire team.

Also if you have the saint helm the bubble can be placed to blind minotaurs so they can't attack the conflux.

Ok so Weapons of Light is just one of the options of Ward of Dawn. Does weapons of light still provide any protection or is it basically just a car wash you run through to get the buff?

Edit: Do the three version off Ward of Dawn look different? I guess once you are inside you get the text on your screen.

You still get protection inside the bubble to reload, switch weapons, pop ammo synth whatever. The damage buff lasts 10-15 seconds depending on spec I think.

I usually am outside in the Atheon fight, I pop one on the portal exit so the relic team gets a nice damage boost when hitting the boss.

Very useful subclass. You can buff your team and blind your foes.

commish

A group banned Hunters because apparently we're useless. Doesn't matter what class you are, as long as you're good it doesn't matter.

While hunters aren't useless (and my main is a hunter), I will say that other classes might provide a bit more utility to the group, and the ability to cheat death is the single most OP skill in the game. That said, there's no content in the game that can't easily be done with a hunter.

Pilgor

Destiny |OT8| Boats 'N Holes

Izayoi

Banned
Hunters are great for relic running in Atheon... (Though G-Horn has replaced them in many groups, it seems. We still run Hunters.)

If you were to run the raid optimally, though, I would say that the ideal group would probably be 5 Sunsingers and 1 Defender w/ WoL.

commish

When I played WoW a lot of people didn't want to raid with thieves...........and when I finally found a good raid clan I topped the DPS chart

As a healer in WoW, I used to hate raiding with rogues (thieves?) because they took more damage than other classes, both because they had to be in melee range and because they felt like they had to prove their worth so they took unnecessary risks.

Bizazedo

I thought Pocket Infinity was a PvE nerf?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
With Illuminated, it's ~33% O____O
thanks hawkian, i just picked one up from the vendor, just curious is yours the vendor version or a drop with different specs?
Vendor version, which has IMO ideal mods for general-use PvE, but it holds its own in the Crucible. It'll treat you well.
Pretty much. Probably why the outcry over the change to PI hasn't been as loud as the outcry over Vex.
also hilarious as probably like 2634 times more people have Pocket Infinity. -_-

didn't stop comments like this though:
It's crap, the gun has no range whatsoever and bad recoil, the only thing it had going for it was the 8 shot mag, now that's gone it's pretty worthless. I'm pissed off, put a lot of effort into getting the P.I, not to mention 18 ass energy's.
Okay so does Bungie not know how to properly nerf things or? What's the point of the Pocket Infinity with a 3 mag clip? It's barely worth calling it an exotic now.
So I see they're going to make Pocket Infinity suck now...
Good thing I didn't spend any time upgrading the pocket infinity. I think I subconsciously left if for last somehow knowing this nerf was coming.
I never even got my Pocket Infinity because of waiting for the goddamned gunsmith to sell the rare fusion rifles and now they are being nerfed. Fuck this shit. I have nothing else to do in this game...
risked severe whiplash from all the shaking of my head. i'm going to direct you guys back to my initial experiment with Pocket Infinity in the Crucible. I was basically playing suboptimally, JUST using Pocket Infinity to get kills, and... well, yeah. Guess what I didn't touch a single time? The extended battery perk.

cakely

I came to the realization last night that I need to get into a raid, ASAP.

It's just not going to happen with my RL friends, we'll never hit critical mass.

I'm at the point where I'm just leveling up exotic weapons (too many) and collecting shards. Level 28 titan with both subclassed maxed out.

"scambot" on PSN.

Bizazedo

Hunters are great for relic running in Atheon... (Though G-Horn has replaced them in many groups, it seems. We still run Hunters.)

If you were to run the raid optimally, though, I would say that the ideal group would probably be 5 Sunsingers and 1 Defender w/ WoL.

Pretty much. It's one of the reasons the can't revive anyone during hard was a bad idea. It essentially makes Warlocks the most useful as they can actually make mistakes.

If you're running the raid optimally, you don't need to be a Sunsinger. ;)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I came to the realization last night that I need to get into a raid, ASAP.

It's just not going to happen with my RL friends, we'll never hit critical mass.

I'm at the point where I'm just leveling up exotic weapons (too many) and collecting shards. Level 28 titan with both subclassed maxed out.

Wanna do it now? I think the Tyler durden is trying to set up a group.

Yeah I hadn't run the 8 round in PvP for a while. 8 round full auto was a fun novelty more than anything. I used the standard 3 rounds plus as much stability and range as I could spec in to much greater effect.

Nerf Nerfoclast however should've been left intact as the mack daddy PvE trophy and left right the hell out of PvP altogether if they can't balance them separately for each. I just got the damn thing the day before the nerf.

If they nerf the raid sparrow I'm quitting, lol.

Rsinart

If someone is setting up a raid, I wouldn't mind joinng. 27 warlock on my secondary character. PSN:rsin

Also could run nightfall or weekly

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny |OT8| I wish I knew how to quit you..

lol, destiny definitely has some hooks. I have played almost every single day since release and I enjoy myself every night. I was screaming so loud in the raid last night my wife had to come downstairs and tell me to shut up. I had just unlocked the MIRV MINI on my hezen vengeance and was screaming like a schoolgirl demolishing minotaurs :)
lol, truth. going from holy fuck I am so ill-equipped against minotaurs to minotaurs... ah yes *rubs palms together* has been one of the most satisfying mini-journeys I've experienced in the game
Why I, personally, do not want to quit...today at least?
Hmm, well you did make some points there I had not considered. Thank for for the reasonable response :)
Yeah I hadn't run the 8 round in PvP for a while. 8 round full auto was a fun novelty more than anything.
That's exactly what it was. I mean it was hilarious and actually made me laugh out loud, but I discovered within a couple minutes of using it in the Nexus Nightfall that it, despite solar burn, just wanted practical. Turned on Perfect Balance and became Death incarnate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom