• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a healer in WoW, I used to hate raiding with rogues (thieves?) because they took more damage than other classes, both because they had to be in melee range and because they felt like they had to prove their worth so they took unnecessary risks.

Yea, rogues lol, its been a while

I had just unlocked the MIRV MINI on my hezen vengeance and was screaming like a schoolgirl demolishing minotaurs :)

I got that heavy last night in normal raid and am currently leveling it. What does that perk do that is so awesome?

I also snagged Last Word, Lord High Fixer, Praedyth's Revenge and a legendary ship. RNGesus was very present in my raid last night.

Deku Tree

With Illuminated, it's ~33% O____O

Vendor version, which has IMO ideal mods for general-use PvE, but it holds its own in the Crucible. It'll treat you well.

also hilarious as probably like 2634 times more people have Pocket Infinity. -_-

didn't stop comments like this though:

risked severe whiplash from all the shaking of my head. i'm going to direct you guys back to my initial experiment with Pocket Infinity in the Crucible. I was basically playing suboptimally, JUST using Pocket Infinity to get kills, and... well, yeah. Guess what I didn't touch a single time? The extended battery perk.

In Crucible if you haven't killed your enemies and cleared the area with three shots of your fusion rifle (plus a possible melee attack or two) then your already dead almost every time.

Gonna ask this again.
Is there an option to see your character's face up close like when you first created it?

nope. i wish i could just got into the character editor and change my mains appearance at will. i did this face paint on the top half of the head thing that looked kinda cool in the editor. but in the main game it just looks like he has a skin condition.

i'm tempted to level another to 20 just to switch my gear over.

Bizazedo

In Crucible if you haven't killed your enemies and cleared the area with three shots of your fusion rifle (plus a possible melee attack or two) then your already dead almost every time.

Yeah. It wasn't / doesn't make sense to attribute it as a PvP nerf. That's normal, though, in these style games. One side always blames the other.

Speaking of, if the Mythoclast had remained the same, how powerful a weapon would they have had to design to have you replace it? For PvE?

This game is something else, it has flaws sure.. but I can't remember the last time I spent 100+ hours on one video game.

with 3 alts 2 raid worthy and exotics filling up my slots I need more content. The DLC needs to hit asap.

Please keep the content coming Bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mean with 7+ blasts you could turn any room into a dead zone for a little while basically, without even keeping your eyes on the screen. but that's the pure no-skill approach, someone trying to play like that would never finish on top or even be helping their team much if in a team mode, IMO.

Navy Bean

If there's one thing that will make me quit this game it's the insane amount of time it takes to level up weapons with no reliable way to do so. I mean, you get so excited to finally get a weapon and then after playing with it for 5 hours only one half of 1/10th of the circles are filled...It's just exhausting since they removed the loot cave.

panda-zebra

Grats on your run!

The issue though is hard mode. The overwhelming majority of the population with the raid helms and a Mythocast did not legit clear the heroic raid.

They skipped the hardest content and went straight to cheese Atheon.

zero issue imo. mythoclast is now mehthoclast and balls to raid helmet, it's only taking the place of an exotic helm, level 30 is there for everyone.

LiK

If there's one thing that will make me quit this game it's the insane amount of time it takes to level up weapons with no reliable way to do so. I mean, you get so excited to finally get a weapon and then after playing with it for 5 hours only one half of 1/10th of the circles are filled...It's just exhausting since they removed the loot cave.

Play Crucible.

After clearing VoG on heroic with enough time to do whatever I wanted (last night was kinda crazy in a scary way afterward), I contemplated putting the game away and focusing on other things. The game has the MMO hooks, but the reward loop is gimped when you end up with your third Aspect of Glass + ass shards and energies as a reward for a full clear. This is the second time it's happened to me, and I think jumping into the raid is the most obnoxious slot machine ever conceived.

Now that I'm level 30 with raid gear (I don't even need exotic gear anymore to hit 30), and with the one gun I wanted being nerfed to high heaven, and figuring out another way to cheese the templar and oracles 5 minutes after actually stepping into those encounters post patch, there's not much left for me to do. I know some guy was talking about how the raid is fun by itself, but I think he's silly and probably plays with terrible players.
This is pretty much what my Destiny experience has become. I hit 30 and have had little drive to hop online. I did yesterday to raid and will hop on tonight for the Nightfall and then I don't know what. PvP, maybe? I don't even have the motivation to do bounties anymore.

There is no way this game has the legs to last until December. As others have said, CoD is going to cause a mass exodus. I really hope Bungie can figure out something.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Use bounties to fill it up. It really isn't that bad.

Looking for More: Vault of Glass (Normal) on PS4.
Start time: 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00 Pacific.

Attending:
1) Kor_of_Memory 29-Titan (Completed raids before)
2) aMadTeaParty7 28-Warlock (Completed raid once)
3) Ratsult2 28 Warlock (Never done raid before)
4)
5)
6)

I'll admit I've never done the Templar the "correct" way, but I've been watching some videos and feel pretty comfortable with it in it's current state.

Bizazedo

Telemetry!

I dismantled a fully leveled Doctor Nope. It gave me 6 Ass Energies and an Auto Rifle Telemetry. Helps with raising auto rifle upgrades.

If unlucky, can also get it from Xur for coins. Or whatever weapon telemetry.

Lakitu

st5fu

Attending:
4)
5)
6)

I'll admit I've never done the Templar the "correct" way, but I've been watching some videos and feel pretty comfortable with it in it's current state.

In how many hours from now?

That's exactly what it was. I mean it was hilarious and actually made me laugh out loud, but I discovered within a couple minutes of using it in the Nexus Nightfall that it, despite solar burn, just wanted practical. Turned on Perfect Balance and became Death incarnate.

I use it as my secondary until after the first boss in the raid as well. Really good for keeping stuff off you, and I like how you can meter out 1 shot or 3 depending on the enemy.

Flo_Evans

I got that heavy last night in normal raid and am currently leveling it. What does that perk do that is so awesome?

I also snagged Last Word, Lord High Fixer, Praedyth's Revenge and a legendary ship. RNGesus was very present in my raid last night.

Rockets split into smaller shells when detonating.

Basically you fire a rocket at a minotaur, it drops his shields, then it rains down more explosions in a pretty decent sized area staggering the minotaur and killing any other unlucky mobs standing around it.

I don't have the damage maxed yet but it feels like it will take the minotaur completely down with full damage. At least on normal raid. And its not even void damage. Its solar, so you can imagine the destruction in a solar burn mode.

Playing crucible would guarantee that I quit this game...lol. Do they really level faster there? I'm not above running around the PvP maps without a care in the world if it will level my stuff.

Honestly... finding the "newest loot cave" and spending some time there is probably your quickest best.

Navy Bean

Telemetry!

I dismantled a fully leveled Doctor Nope. It gave me 6 Ass Energies and an Auto Rifle Telemetry. Helps with raising auto rifle upgrades.

If unlucky, can also get it from Xur for coins. Or whatever weapon telemetry.

120 hours in and this is the first I've ever heard of telemetry... Obviously it will never drop for me but I will check Xur.

i just knock out all the bounties every day and cash em in with the weapons i wanna upgrade equipped. levels them up plenty fast enough for me. then if i do all the vanguard bounties i can grab crucible ones and float through some games there.

edit: and yeah, cashing in bounties while having a telemetry active is pretty good too.

xCobalt

Attending:
4)
5)
6)

I'm down. Level 28 Titan but I've never done the raid before. PSN is JayDee191

cakely

Playing crucible would guarantee that I quit this game...lol. Do they really level faster there? I'm not above running around the PvP maps without a care in the world if it will level my stuff.

If you get a kill with a weapon in crucible it gives that weapon significant experience.

Not really sure on the exact number, though.

kuppy

nope. i wish i could just got into the character editor and change my mains appearance at will. i did this face paint on the top half of the head thing that looked kinda cool in the editor. but in the main game it just looks like he has a skin condition.

i'm tempted to level another to 20 just to switch my gear over.
Thanks for the answer. Yes, too limiting on that end.

Rockets split into smaller shells when detonating.

Basically you fire a rocket at a minotaur, it drops his shields, then it rains down more explosions in a pretty decent sized area staggering the minotaur and killing any other unlucky mobs standing around it.

I don't have the damage maxed yet but it feels like it will take the minotaur completely down with full damage. At least on normal raid. And its not even void damage. Its solar, so you can imagine the destruction in a solar burn mode.

That sounds like a blast. I am trying to level three legendary weapons at once because I want them all now!

Attending:
4)
5)
6)

Can I come as a 27 hunter?

Yeah. It wasn't / doesn't make sense to attribute it as a PvP nerf. That's normal, though, in these style games. One side always blames the other.

Speaking of, if the Mythoclast had remained the same, how powerful a weapon would they have had to design to have you replace it? For PvE?
That is easy. Higher level enemies get stronger, so it requires higher attack weapons to do optimal damage. It all goes down to numbers.

Trakan

The first moon mission aka "we've woken the hive!" lets you kill enemies faster than the loot cave did.

Seriously thinking about just doing this with my alts. Last thing I want to do is run through the story again.

Same. Buddy of mine just did that too. It's really horrible when there are people out there who would rather spend a few hours shooting at "targets" rather than replaying the "story". Hear that Bungie.

Izayoi

Banned
Pretty much. It's one of the reasons the can't revive anyone during hard was a bad idea. It essentially makes Warlocks the most useful as they can actually make mistakes.
Yup. Instead of introducing more difficult mechanics or enemies, Bungie instead relies on artificial difficulty. Hell, even pushing the rez timer out to 45s or 1m would've been better than just turning it off entirely.

If you're running the raid optimally, you don't need to be a Sunsinger. ;)
Good luck with that.

Honestly... finding the "newest loot cave" and spending some time there is probably your quickest best.

Did the one in rocket yard get nerfed? I was there yesterday for the patrol bounty and decided to shoot it up a couple of times but they didn't respawn unless I backed WAY up behind the railing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Seriously thinking about just doing this with my alts. Last thing I want to do is run through the story again.

I know that's a common complaint, but it really isn't that bad and you can skip a bunch of missions and still open up the following planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom