• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to love doing a hard Raid with a Warlock who bitches when someone dies, yet they die all the time but its fine because they have sunsinger.

Warlocks are wussies.

In my experience, sunsinger warlocks are careless in hard mode. We hunters have to work extra hard to stay alive while sunsingers keep on resurrecting for taking unnecessary risks.

The warlocks I usually play with are very good though.

Looking for More: Vault of Glass (Normal) on PS4.
Start time: 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00 Pacific.

Attending:
1) Kor_of_Memory 29-Titan (Completed raids before)
2) aMadTeaParty7 28-Warlock (Completed raid once)
3) Ratsult2 28 Warlock (Never done raid before)
4) Lakitu (maybe, it's in 5 hours from now)
5) JayDee191 28-Titan
6) ScarletHam 27-Hunter

I'll admit I've never done the Templar the "correct" way, but I've been watching some videos and feel pretty comfortable with it in it's current state.

Lakitu, does that work for you?

You don't need sunbros in hard mode raid. Hate to be that guy but... Git gud and don't die. You know when you're about to die or taking too much damage, when that happens back up and recover. Did hard mode raid once today and once yesterday, only one sunbro on each run. They're not necessary. If anything being a sunbro is a handicap because they play less carefully knowing that they can res and sit on their super when they could use voidwalker super to actually kill things and prevent deaths.

ethomaz

Banned
You have to love doing a hard Raid with a Warlock who bitches when someone dies, yet they die all the time but its fine because they have sunsinger.

Warlocks are wussies.
I don't die a lot in hard raid... most time I'm one of the last to die... but revive at last second saved our skins last time I played :-D after everybody died except one guy with one of the relics I could revive to get the second relic and kill the last minotaur to reach the checkpoint.

We are having a hard time to beat this Gatekeeper part... and this revive saved us.

DcBZIlS.gif

#glidesucks

I really hate how poorly designed this game is sometimes.

Particularly for a Titan Defender, I feel like the class hasn't been developed with higher level play in mind. Buffs like weapons of light and blessing of light are just so limited based on how infrequent a bubble shield is--and incredibly awkward in its use. Going in and out of a bubble to get a 10 second buff that is generally minimal in its effectiveness at the end game, and then stuff like having to punch an enemy to get a force barrier, when at end game the last thing you want to do is get in melee range of certain enemies....its just...fuck.

And then it gets even worse when super interesting augments are actually IN the game but exclusive to exotic pieces of armor.

its just so incredibly frustrating

I don't agree with this at all.

The bubble is a game changer in PvE and PvP. Drop a bubble over any point in Control and that shit is yours for the duration of the super.

I'm looking to start a PS4 normal VOG run tonight. (Approximately 9:00 PM EST)

If you're interested, send a friend request to RedViperN7. (and let me know here)

I'll join you if you have a spot. Level 28 Hunter/Gunslinger. Might be 29 by the time we start if I can get enough Helium for upgrades. I've done the Raid 3 times so far. PSN is MrJellyBean.

SharkJAW

The bubble is a game changer in PvE and PvP. Drop a bubble over any point in Control and that shit is yours for the duration of the super.
Yeah, if not a single person on the other team has a super for that entire time. I've busted more than a few bubbles in my time. Only super that can't bust it is sunsinger's, I think.

Juraash

If you're interested, send a friend request to RedViperN7. (and let me know here)

I'd be interested in this. 29 Warlock, I haven't done the raid though so if you want to build a more experienced group I totally understand. I'll shoot you a FR just in case, it'll be from kaiotheforsaken.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm up for a normal run tonight. Will send a FR.

I'd be interested in this. 29 Warlock, I haven't done the raid though so if you want to build a more experienced group I totally understand. I'll shoot you a FR just in case, it'll be from kaiotheforsaken.

You'll be fineeeee. Just listen to those who have done it before. I took a group of 5 newbies through last week and it was totally fine.

They should've made it so when a Gorgon sees you and wipes everyone, the loading screen is a picture of your dumb ass from the Gorgon's perspective, with the "spotted" highlighted in red and some sort of sarcastic caption.

patchday

I did notice though on Nightfall I cannot really melee enemies to get my force barrier since they get an incredible bonus to their melee. He kinda has sort of a point. But the fix would be to not let these mobs one shot a Titan that gets in Melee range. I always felt it is bad design to have a pseudo-melee class but then discourage them from getting in close. Alas, RPGs have been doing this crap for many years so not expecting anyone to get creative and work around that

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer did the same retarded thing. They have these big Krogan BattleMasters that get one shot by a little phantom when they go to melee them, lol

SharkJAW

They should've made it so when a Gorgon sees you and wipes everyone, the loading screen is a picture of your dumb ass from the Gorgon's perspective, with the "spotted" highlighted in red and some sort of sarcastic caption.
Or a red exclamation mark over the Gorgon, with the Metal Gear spotted sound.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

yeah that was a multi course serving of wrong :( weapons of light can easily cut boss kill times by a third...
Yeah, if not a single person on the other team has a super for that entire time. I've busted more than a few bubbles in my time. Only super that can't bust it is sunsinger's, I think.
Lol. Bladedancer's can't touch it.

LaneDS

Anyone have anything good to say about Hard Light? Got it for completing the nightfall yesterday and think it looks pretty terrible, performance wise (looks rad visually).

SharkJAW

yeah that was a multi course serving of wrong :( weapons of light can easily cut boss kill times by a third...
Lol. Bladedancer's can't touch it.
I probably should've said "nullify it" instead of "bust it." Bladedancers can go in and kill the Titan before he responds. I haven't tried Razor's Edge on a bubble, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.

venom2124

That would be amazing. So much shame would be slung around. Bungie, forget nerfing guns and patch this in.

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone have anything good to say about Hard Light? Got it for completing the nightfall yesterday and think it looks pretty terrible, performance wise (looks rad visually).
It is one of best looking and sounding Auto Rifle in the game.

About performance it is bad until the Perfect Balance upgrade... after that it is the best Auto Rifle for PVP and my primary options for Raid at close range... the fire rate obliterates everything at close/mid range.

Overall a great weapon and of of the best Auto Rifle in the game.

PS. I didn't tested it after nerf in PVP... did Raid and it looks badass like always.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bladedancers can go in and kill the Titan before he responds. I haven't tried Razor's Edge on a bubble, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.
I keep hearing this and have been completely shamed the two times I've tried it. I don't know if these easily killable titans aren't using armor of light, don't know they should be meleeing twice, or what. from my perspective a good defender is dying for me to run into that bubble.

I've been trying to roll with razor's edge more often lately, I'll let you know if I get the chance to try it

Got an almost perfect Shadow Price last night with the ADS radar, kills feeding grenades & scout ammo upgrades....too bad it won't get used at all over my Vision of Confluence.

First world problems.

Lakitu

st5fu
I have an hour or so to start the Raid (normal), need 5 more people of course and then I can resume after 30-45 minute break for a few hours. I really want to start it tonight, my first time. I'm a level 29 hunter (bladedancer).

Izuna

Banned
Them nerfing the Vex made me not turn it on today. It sucked out the only life this game had. At least I finally quit playing.

Actually, I've fucked up a number of Titan's moment to shine by covering their shield with a thick candy coated barrage of solar grenades. It can turn their safe place in to a microwave under the right circumstances.

Iceman829

So, yesterday I got TDYK from a drop and bought Shadow Price. Neither has the field scout perk but TDYK has a perfect balance perk which is probably awesome.

Anyways, I wasn't really impressed with the SP so I'm thinking of focusing on TDYK first. Question - is it a viable primary for high level PvE stuff? I've always used AR's....

I use TDYK all the time in PvE to shoot stuff in the beak. It one shots just about everything but the yellow mobs that need a few extra depending on the difficulty.

Hoodbury

I'd like to give it a try, never done it before. PSN: Hoodbury. I'll send you a request tonight. I'm a 28 Titan, either subclass.

Squalltdx

After that draining disconnect error earlier I tried again and finished my first Nightfall solo on my warlock. Crest of Alpha Lupi dropped which I've wanted for my Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom