• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, yesterday I got TDYK from a drop and bought Shadow Price. Neither has the field scout perk but TDYK has a perfect balance perk which is probably awesome.

Anyways, I wasn't really impressed with the SP so I'm thinking of focusing on TDYK first. Question - is it a viable primary for high level PvE stuff? I've always used AR's....
pfft. viable. try glorious.

PuMa

Actually, I've fucked up a number of Titan's moment to shine by covering their shield with a thick candy coated barrage of solar grenades. It can turn their safe place in to a microwave under the right circumstances.

Just the other day I ruined a Titan's bubble plans by getting a grenade stuck to him JUST before he got his shield cover up. That was fun to watch.

Xevren

So, yesterday I got TDYK from a drop and bought Shadow Price. Neither has the field scout perk but TDYK has a perfect balance perk which is probably awesome.

Anyways, I wasn't really impressed with the SP so I'm thinking of focusing on TDYK first. Question - is it a viable primary for high level PvE stuff? I've always used AR's....

I use a maxed out TDYK for everything, I love it <3

E92 M3

Got an almost perfect Shadow Price last night with the ADS radar, kills feeding grenades & scout ammo upgrades....too bad it won't get used at all over my Vision of Confluence.

First world problems.

Wow - I am jealous!

Them nerfing the Vex made me not turn it on today. It sucked out the only life this game had. At least I finally quit playing.

I actually feel the same. Besides the raid and daily activities my desire to play has been subdued quite a bit.

I have an hour or so to start the Raid (normal), need 5 more people of course and then I can resume after 30-45 minute break for a few hours. I really want to start it tonight, my first time. I'm a level 29 hunter (bladedancer).

I can help with that. I haven't done the raid this week. lv29

PSN: Goodacre0081

For those who have gotten to 30, how long was the wait to get your last piece of raid armour?

I now need only 1 more piece to get to 30 and I am not looking forward to the wait and dissapointment of shards, energy and items I already have instead.

I am glad I got the timebreaker last week. Finally!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm loving Blink on my Warlock in PvP. It's such a blast to use, and I'm not stuck in the air forever with a giant bullseye on my chest.
the distribution of voidwalker/sunsinger abilities is devious! on my hunter, I feel totally comfortable with the abilities available to gunslinger and bladedancer respectively and confident using either one well. On warlock I want to mix and match sooo bad, lol

Anyone doing/up for the raid on normal?

I've completed up to Atheon but i'm happy to go through all the other bosses too.

Cleared the raid 3 times with no cheesing so i know what i'm doing :)

PSN - Souldestroyer199

Yaari

Anyone want to try the raid with us? everyone has a mic except for me. Most have experience aswell. We trying Normal difficulty.

Psn Stfndt

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For those who have gotten to 30, how long was the wait to get your last piece of raid armour?

I now need only 1 more piece to get to 30 and I am not looking forward to the wait and dissapointment of shards, energy and items I already have instead.

There is literally no answer to this question. The laws of probability rather tragically dictate that you could, in theory, never get the piece you need. The range of possible wait times is infinite. :(

Bizazedo

Wow - I am jealous!

I actually feel the same. Besides the raid and daily activities my desire to play has been subdued quite a bit.

The Mythoclast needed drubbing in PvP, badly, and I think we'd all agree they needed to balance PvP and PvE separately.

That being said, it makes me wonder if they playtested the new raid with all the solar shielded dudes with the previous version of the solar Mythoclast and solar Pocket Infinity and went "Nope".

Especially extended clip infinities.

NastyBook

the distribution of voidwalker/sunsinger abilities is devious! on my hunter, I feel totally comfortable with the abilities available to gunslinger and bladedancer respectively and confident using either one well. On warlock I want to mix and match sooo bad, lol
A blinking Sunsinger? The OP beyond the OP. Super OP-jin 2.

Thanks for the replies, but let's not get me too excited for TDYK. Bungie will nerf that fun into oblivion...lol

People are already complaining about hand cannons from various forums I've seen, Bungie working on a nerf as I type this. Also, they'll nerf Ice Breaker just for the hell of it - it won't regenerate ammo any more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

The time between my next to last raid piece and my last raid piece was about 15 minutes. In fact, I had no raid pieces on my hunter after weeks of raiding, only to get the helmet and 2 raid pieces (already have exotic gloves) within 24 hours. RNG is RNG.

Sullichin

but it would be sooooogoooood

Yeah I really wish I could blink as a sunsinger. Only thing I'd really want from the voidwalker class.
Although glide is good when fully upgraded. Gotta press X to drop out of the air. I think a common mistake people use with glide is they stay in the air for way too long, as a slow moving floating target. It's probably the most useful jump for overall traversal.

People are already complaining about hand cannons from various forums I've seen, Bungie working on a nerf as I type this. Also, they'll nerf Ice Breaker just for the hell of it - it won't regenerate ammo any more.

I'd be upset if they did that. They need to just make it so you can't use it to regen ammo for other special weapons.

I see a bunch of peeps grouping up for Raids tonight. If I'm on, I love to get one in (normal or hard). 29 Hunter with plenty of toys. If not, I want to do a Nightfall with my 26 Titan. I have Icebreaker, so I can still contribute.

If you're raiding tonight, just send me a FR now, and if you are at the VoG with less than six I'll just join in.

PSN: PrivateWHudson

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So far I have the following for 9PM EST Normal Raid

RedViperN7 (me)

Someone on my friendslist

MrJellyBean

kaiotheforsaken

Hoodbury

KillerElDiablo

What is your PSN, I think I got a FR from you.

Yeah, it's tigerheli.

Anyone want to try the raid with us? everyone has a mic except for me. Most have experience aswell. We trying Normal difficulty.

Psn Stfndt
You're more then welcome to add me for future raids. Psn : iRAWRasaurus
Edit: well anyone can add me for future raids if you need an extra person.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I was 29 for a long, long time waiting for my last piece to drop.

E92 M3

The Mythoclast needed drubbing in PvP, badly, and I think we'd all agree they needed to balance PvP and PvE separately.

That being said, it makes me wonder if they playtested the new raid with all the solar shielded dudes with the previous version of the solar Mythoclast and solar Pocket Infinity and went "Nope".

Especially extended clip infinities.

Them saying "nope" would be bad/lazy game design. They can't give us an amazing reward and then decide to make it useless. With that said, Deej has responded on the Bungie forums and made it clear they hear us loud and clear about separating PVE and PVP.

patchday

Them nerfing the Vex made me not turn it on today. It sucked out the only life this game had. At least I finally quit playing.

Not fun being a normal player like the rest of us eh? I can only imagine it must be like taking away Thor's Hammer from him.

As much as I hated getting blasted away by that thing in Iron Banner I feel for people that used it in raids & PVE. This PVE content is a bit much. Bosses got way too much health. I am all for people being crazy Overpowered in PvE yo

DesertFox

Was looking through the Grimoire and got sad looking at the 3 grey area cards under the Earth category knowing that those probably would have been Mumbai Push, Old Chicago, and (that other snowy location in concept art.)

We'll probably see them as DLC, but it stings to have the crazy huge scope in development be reduced to 4 playable zones.

I find Golden Gun makes me the best Supplicant killer on team. I'm getting 2-3x as many kills as my wingmen.

To be honest I was a bit apprehensive about the raid, as Ward of Dawn and Radiance seemed the most useful abilities (I didn't spoil myself about the raid so I was going in blind). But with the stealth resurrections, the Gorgon Maze and the Oracles/Supplicants I don't regret my class choice at all.

Just make sure to have a diverse group of exotics. I have raid gear for boots, chest, and helm. I also have exotics for chest and helm. So right now, all I need is for Xur to have gauntlets or for a set of raid gauntlets to drop. I'm pretty confident that I'll get have a good shot of hitting 30 within a week if I do hard and normal raids this week, Xur on the weekend and another shot at raids next tues/wed. All of the ass shards I find along the way will be great to max out whatever gear does come my way.

Navy Bean

Yep, I will be using a hand cannon and Ice Breaker so I assume both will be gimped in the very near future. I'm still bitter about my fully leveled Suros Regime going from super awesome to just plain old regular awesome...

There is literally no answer to this question. The laws of probability rather tragically dictate that you could, in theory, never get the piece you need. The range of possible wait times is infinite. :(

Great, this is what makes this game so shitty. Being able to level to 30 shouldn't require the fucking awful RNG system. It makes me NOT look forward to a possible level cap.

ZangBa

That's all good and well, but glide makes you target practice in PvP. I'll take Hunter's double or triple jump any day.

Lol, PvP. Why would you need to hop around like a jackrabbit anyway? Blink is the more optimal choice for PvP, it's better than everything else.

Bizazedo

Them saying "nope" would be bad/lazy game design. They can't give us an amazing reward and then decide to make it useless. With that said, Deej has responded on the Bungie forums and made it clear they hear us loud and clear about separating PVE and PVP.
I agree....but doesn't that seem totally plausible given the bad / lazy / rushed game design we've seen thus far?

And I don't trust DeeJ.

Well, it's not that I don't trust him, but him saying they hear us means nothing. I think they'll separate the two, eventually, but....

"Eventually".

but it would be sooooogoooood

It blew my mind on my alt Hunter when I saw how everything I'd want was in one sub-class. I'd love to give my sticky grenade from my defender Titan to my striker Titan.

Thank you so much for this!

In the heroic raid, Sunsinger is a crutch. You are many times more beneficial to your team with void grenades and super.

I don't know why people always say this. Sunbro is far superior, even in the Raid. My fusion grenades will wreck a praetorian just as much if not more than a void nade but I can carry TWO nades at once so even more useful. You don't have super often enough for the Void super to be a game changer and even if you felt it did charge that quick thanks to perks, just have the Sunbro activate his intentionally and spam those fusion nades, guarantee they will f shit up. While Sunbro gets the security blanket of self rez if it's not necessary to use a super. Honestly, I won't feel a need to go void ever again. The only thing I miss from it at all is blink for amazing escapability. Warlock is the only class that I don't see valid reasons to play both subclasses while I absolutely suscribe to Hawkians train of thought on swapping for the right situation for the other two classes.

Sullichin

Buncha scrubs. If they nerf handcannons I *might* actually be done with the game. Timur's lash is my first fully upgraded weapon. Handcannons weren't good enough in the beta but they were fun to use. Now they're good too. They require more skill than the spray and pray AR. Missing a shot is far more consequential.

Better not nerf ice breaker either. Thing actually helped to make The tiger strike playlist a little bearable for a while from the novelty.

patchday

Lol, PvP. Why would you need to hop around like a jackrabbit anyway? Blink is the more optimal choice for PvP, it's better than everything else.

Cant wait to unlock that ability on my Hunter. I pray I unlock it before/if Hunters get nerfed. Such a fun class to play.

Just make sure to have a diverse group of exotics. I have raid gear for boots, chest, and helm. I also have exotics for chest and helm. So right now, all I need is for Xur to have gauntlets or for a set of raid gauntlets to drop. I'm pretty confident that I'll get have a good shot of hitting 30 within a week if I do hard and normal raids this week, Xur on the weekend and another shot at raids next tues/wed. All of the ass shards I find along the way will be great to max out whatever gear does come my way.

I have more than enough shards to get to 30 and to provide to my Warlock and Hunter alts. I have helmet, chest and gauntlet exotics. So I either need the helmet or gauntlets to get to 30.

Is it worth it doing the raid on hard in 1 go for the week or doing normal and then hard?

Navy Bean

I can't imagine this to be true. Sunsinger self revive is too damn useful.

It's not just the revive, it's also that you then get to use your super power and spam your grenade of choice all over the map... There's just no going back. maybe every class should have the self-revive option.

Lakitu

st5fu
Starting the raid for an hour right now, then I have to go do something for half an hour and return to play for a few more hours.

Please add Cosmic_Onion on PSN.

Have mic but as the night goes by and people sleep, I have to keep it down a bit, sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom