• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a complete brain fart.

What are the rules on the Weekly Nightfall, as far as loot and repeating it? A friend wants me to help him out and I already completed it yesterday. Is there no chance of getting good gear, or can it be repeated multiple times with the same loot table?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I honestly couldn't care less about PvP balance. They could have these abilities work different in PvE and PvP, they just don't want to.
*shrug* respectfully disagree with this; I don't want them to either.

behind-the-scenes numerical changes to weaponry that can be used by any class, at any level past 20, that makes sense to me to split between the two modes. it would benefit both to do so, as some guns are just okay to be OP in PvE for the fun factor, but potentially gamebreaking in pvp.

but for someone who likes pve and pvp in this game about equally, I really don't want to have to consider that the entire way my class works can change upon entering or exiting the crucible. again, radiant skin is not at all a bad choice in either mode as it stands (I hope anyone using Apotheosis Veil understands they should be using it).

Song of Flame is the one that should apply to the entire fireteam, instead of being distance-confied.

CornDogg

What are the rules on the Weekly Nightfall, as far as loot and repeating it? A friend wants me to help him out and I already completed it yesterday. Is there no chance of getting good gear, or can it be repeated multiple times with the same loot table?

There are no rewards for repeating the Nightfall.

Iceman829

No repeat loot on weekly nightfall or weekly strike once completed on highest difficulty.

All you get is a pat on the back.

nowai

People using it as a crutch / being sloppy doesn't eliminate how effective it is in the hands of more skilled players. That's like saying the Vex wasn't OP in PvP because we saw an incompetent barely get a 1.5 K/D with it.

Self-revive is an amazing ability when you can't revive normally. There's no way to get around it.

Again, although I'm sure people aren't reading, it's not saying the other classes don't have huge pluses. They do. It's just easier to justify stacking warlocks once you hit your minimum number of Titans and Hunters.

Now THIS I agree with.

Best makeup for heroic raid is (1) Gunslinger Hunter, (2) Defender Titans with the Saint helm and (3) Void Locks.

Obviously, you're stuck in your ways regarding radiance and I'm beating a dead horse at this point. Self-revive is pointless if anyone else is dead. It's ok if you die first and the reset of your team is alive..but then I have to fall back to "git gud" because you shouldn't need it in the first place.

RedFury

Looking for More: Vault of Glass (Normal) on PS4.
Start time: 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00 Pacific.

Attending:
1) Kor_of_Memory 29-Titan (Completed raids before)
2) aMadTeaParty7 28-Warlock (Completed raid once)
3) Ratsult2 28 Warlock (Never done raid before)
4)
5)
6)

I'll admit I've never done the Templar the "correct" way, but I've been watching some videos and feel pretty comfortable with it in it's current state.
If still room, RedFury03 titan 27 maxed bubble.

Tiger Strike. Two dudes get Legendary Engrams, I get nothing. Tears. :'(

Less than five minutes later:

Ed9K1Mu.jpg

RNGesus giveth.

Homeboyd

So my exotic chest piece for my titan (the armamentatrium) has a perk that "allows you to carry more ammo for heavy/special weapons"...

Guess how much more...

ONE bullet. For my HMG. 1 round. 1 single bullet.

GG!!!!!!!

RedFury

So my exotic chest piece for my titan (the armamentatrium) has a perk that "allows you to carry more ammo for special weapons"...

Guess how much more...

GG!!!!!!!
Haha that has to be a bug. One more rocket sure...1 more lmg bullet lol

nowai

So my exotic chest piece for my titan (the armamentatrium) has a perk that "allows you to carry more ammo for special weapons"...

Guess how much more...

GG!!!!!!!

Two grenades is pretty boss though...plus it looks killer!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the raid guys!

RNG smiled on me - raid boots and chest and atheons epilogue. Insane! Past two times just had shards and energy and hezen vengeance.

All I need now are raid gloves and 30 will be mine muhahahaha

Now THIS I agree with.

Best makeup for heroic raid is (1) Gunslinger Hunter, (2) Defender Titans with the Saint helm and (3) Void Locks.

Obviously, you're stuck in your ways regarding radiance and I'm beating a dead horse at this point. Self-revive is pointless if anyone else is dead. It's ok if you die first and the reset of your team is alive..but then I have to fall back to "git gud" because you shouldn't need it in the first place.

Best makeup for Hard VoG is: 6 players who play their class well and know the fights.

No class ability is absolutely necessary for any encounter.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't forget, you can always equip Ice Breaker, let it charge and then swap to another secondary.

Voilà, free ammo!
this is the reason I regret not picking it up, even though I don't actually want it. i'm even a little salty. that's just too good.
So my exotic chest piece for my titan (the armamentatrium) has a perk that "allows you to carry more ammo for heavy/special weapons"...

Guess how much more...
well that's two seperate perks, I assume you've definitely unlocked both though. probably a reportable bug, it might be applying "increment by 1" which is entirely worthy for a rocket launcher, but, yeah.

Homeboyd

It's great being "maxed out" with 300 rounds in reserve on my Corrective Measure (have seen that 300 now for a couple of weeks since I got it), to NOW being able to see a heavy weapon drop and see the +1 added to my reserves! 301 BABY!!!

GET SOME DREGS.

Bizazedo

Now THIS I agree with.

Yeah, you didn't think I was advocating 6 'Locks, did you? No lol.

But, you just proved my point in a way with the bolded. If you stack your team with the 3 Locks and they can self-revive....then if shit goes sideways, you have a 50% chance on the makeup of a team with three Radiance Warlocks that they can come back. That automatically makes it not pointless since it's giving half your team an extra try. Add in the fact that we're assuming they're good and not incompetent? That's huge.

And if their super bar recharges again, that's even more revives.

Just last night we were doing Heroic Templar and we had a situation go sideways. Two of the warlocks revived and we kept going, finishing the phase. And as for shouldn't need it in the first place....again, even the best raiders are going to have weird deaths.

One can say get good, but it's a useless statement since for balance reasons you always have to assume people are already good....and then when looked at in that way, chances are those same warlocks won't die 2x.

***Not that this matters anyways as the raid is easy, with the primary difficulty coming from being level 29 versus level 30's....which kind of annoys me when I think about it***

nowai

Best makeup for Hard VoG is: 6 players who play their class well and know the fights.

No class ability is absolutely necessary for any encounter.

I agree no class ability is absolutely necessary. I never said that.

I did say the best makeup though. There is a difference between necessity and optimization.

EL CUCO

No reward. Only the random chance of getting an engram. I helped my friend with this week's and last week's. Oddly enough, a Legendary Engram dropped on both of my re-runs...weird.

nowai

Yeah, you didn't think I was advocating 6 'Locks, did you? No lol.

But, you just proved my point in a way with the bolded. If you stack your team with the 3 Locks and they can self-revive....then if shit goes sideways, you have a 50% chance on the makeup of a team with three Radiance Warlocks that they can come back. That automatically makes it not pointless since it's giving half your team an extra try. Add in the fact that we're assuming they're good and not incompetent? That's huge.

Show me three Sunbros, defend all three confluxes, take down the gatekeepers or Atheon portals on heroic.

Not going to happen. Yes, if you have three Sunbros, you have three self-revives... that still doesn't mean jack if your other three party members are dead. Like I said before, on heroic, majority of the time, if any one person dies, it's a wipe.

...or anyone could just go into the spirit bloom chest room and be 100% safe from anything while still attacking the center oracle.

Git gud, isn't trolling, it's the truth. It's crude, sure, but it's still the truth.

Locks are the squishiest and require finesse to play successfully in the heroic raid. More often than not, Sunbros use Radiance as a crutch for sloppy play.
The reason it can be seen as trolling is you guys sound as if you're stating that ALL Sunbros are less skilled and rely on it as a crutch. As if there aren't any players that are skilled and avoid death as much as you do, using Radiance strategically instead of solely as a savior.
Vision of Confluence sounds good, now to level it
It's so so good :D
Just curious, why do you want to level up an exotic armor over the raid armor?
For the perks, that's really the only point of exotics over a good legendary is that they have many of the best perks and it's just a matter of seeing which one is tailored to your build and style of play. The chest I want will work really well with my Sunsinger.
Haha, no need to apologize. I don't mind the debate.

The only thing that's bothersome is the Sunbro defense force when people haven't actually played the content in question.

As was said a few posts up, the original issue I brought up was Voidwalker > Sunbro for the heroic raid. You are far more effective against Praetorians and the hordes of goblins during the Gatekeeper fight if you are void.

Radiance is great and I love it on my lock, but for the heroic raid, it doesn't outclass Voidwalker.
Just to come off as a contrarion, self rez doesn't only help the Sunbro if he finishes off a section, unlocking a new checkpoint ;P I completely understand where you guys are coming from, having that ability certainly tempts sloppier play and is more than likely used as a crutch for most Sunbros, I just don't like the suggestion that it's the case for everyone.

I am genuinely curious though as to how Void is more useful for the Gatekeeper. The waves are non-stop, you can't spam that super or your void nade, having good Void weapons are far more useful IMO because of this. Being a Sunbro that can carry two nades that can drop shields on a Praetorian and allow for a self rez scenario while wielding a great Void secondary and heavy (or even primary if you have Aetheon AR) just feels more valuable to me. Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Bizazedo

Show me three Sunbros, defend all three confluxes, take down the gatekeepers or Atheon portals on heroic.

Not going to happen. Yes, if you have three Sunbros, you have three self-revives... that still doesn't mean jack if your other three party members are dead. Like I said before, on heroic, majority of the time, if any one person dies, it's a wipe.

Unless those first people who die are Sunbros, which is the point.

JNA

Banned
Ok time to level my alt since my raid drops are so shit lol

Same. I got lucky yesterday on hard mode with my Warlock from the boss, but everything else I've been getting shit.

Seriously this game won't even give me a chance to get to lv 30 lol.

EL CUCO

Do you even drop orbs? Sunbros shed them like crazy. We would watch each others back by making sure Radiance is always ready.

ZangBa

*shrug* respectfully disagree with this; I don't want them to either.

behind-the-scenes numerical changes to weaponry that can be used by any class, at any level past 20, that makes sense to me to split between the two modes. it would benefit both to do so, as some guns are just okay to be OP in PvE for the fun factor, but potentially gamebreaking in pvp.

but for someone who likes pve and pvp in this game about equally, I really don't want to have to consider that the entire way my class works can change upon entering or exiting the crucible. again, radiant skin is not at all a bad choice in either mode as it stands (I hope anyone using Apotheosis Veil understands they should be using it).

Song of Flame is the one that should apply to the entire fireteam, instead of being distance-confied.

Eh, the classes lack so much depth to me that I really desire them to be as different as they can be in PvP. When I go from PvE to PvP, I don't even change a single skill. Even the stats like armor are almost completely inconsequential. I don't think Radiant Skin is very useful as it is. In most cases if you're going to die, you're probably going to die regardless of an armor boost. PvP wise, I don't like the super in general to be honest. I think Fireborn is just asking to get killed again right away, and you will probably just get one shot by a Titan super during Radiant Skin anyway, or any 2 people who are going to put you down when you make yourself look like such a huge target.

Also, Radiant Skin won't help the number 1 Warlock killer in my raid experience. That is of course, falling off the map (guilty of doing this 1 time). C:

But doesn't that help that the Sunbro dieing won't result in a wipe for everyone. Two Sunbros reduces your need to wipe due to a death by a third.

nowai

Unless those first people who die are Sunbros, which is the point.

If you die first and burn your super on bringing yourself back to life, it's probably more beneficial to the group to wipe and you save a void bomb for some serious crowd control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom