• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the loot cave had an Anne Frank esque audio tape of how the hive lived in fear, not being able to even get food for their young, waiting for the day to strike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How could you not like Arc Blade the most? It's sooooo easy to have fun with Arc Blade. The Titan bubble is pretty hilarious, too, because at least a couple people will try to step inside and fight you.

Not trying to be a hater, but conversing keeps things more interesting for me here. :\
Arc blade is a close second, and bladedancer my favorite class overall by far. I love the animation, the air dashing, the 3rd person view, and the rare, tense, Arc Blade vs. Arc Blade fights.

However, and I know this will be sort of an ironic complaint as I know how ignoble it feels to be killed by the Blade, but I dislike how it feels to roll up on a voidwalker or striker and slice->immediate death from nova bomb/fist of havoc. it's an at-least-once-per-match thing. I really need to improve my play to recognize the flashing level number on spec better. but I just really hate that feeling of getting hard countered rock-paper-scissors style and completely wasting my super.

the above classes don't react the same way to a sunsinger in my play so far. It isn't as panic-inducing in my target, but that's just fine for me... and I won plenty of 2v1s and even a couple 3v1s last night, and this is without even having everything unlocked.

Daemul

Took some screenshots, this game sure is beautiful.

Now that I'm level 30 with maxed out weapons, I might just go through the story again. Maybe it's not as bad as I remember it being.

mjlolhjuci.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie fucked up the Crucible. Mytho still does loads of damage, shotguns still kill from range, and my AR is a spitball shooter. So now they have to nerf fusion, hand cannon, pulse, and rocket launchers.
uh, whoa. is this some kind of crazy stuff-as-much-wrong-into-a-small-space-as-possible joke post?

the mythoclast by all indications was nerfed beyond what it even says in the patch notes. ARs are still highly viable and largely still dominate despite not being the best choice in almost every engagement anymore. Shotguns absolutely do not one-shot from as far away. Fusion rifles, hand cannons, pulse rifles (???), and rocket launchers are exactly the same which is to say all viable and you're basically calling for everything but scout rifles, which you bizarrely didn't mention at all, to be nerfed in response to... what exactly? Not to mention that all good scouts are now viable when they weren't at all before, and Vision of Confluence is the FOTM overpowered gun.

filled my mind with fuck you did, good sir.
I may never play Crucible again. Hell, after I raid I may never play this game again.
another page another threat :-/

Nowhere near as good as Whine and Cheese, lets be real.

We must aspire to be something greater than hotfix whiners and strike cheesers, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is a damn good movie and an example to follow by kids and adults alike. The name fits and everything!

Also some metacommentary about how guardians are irrelevant to the plot

Seriously though, pick whichever you like best.

Tovarisc

i don't own a vision of confluence but this is actually not what I've heard from various impressions in this thread, at all.

Even Suros is very hard to win with Vision, or any other scout rifle, at AR's "optimal range". But then I'm not Scout Believer for PvP so my little experience with them may skew experience.

blazeuk

Finished the raid on normal for this week, really needed to get some armour pieces to level up to 29, instead just got Energy/Shards, Chatterwhite again and a shotgun I've got twice previously with the last 2 raids I've done. The only 2 new items were Praedyth's Revenge and Corrective Measure. Going to have to just waste shards on armour I'm going to dump as soon as I get a piece which goes to +30 light which is annoying, it's either that or wait another week before I can try the hard raid out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Even Suros is very hard to win with Vision, or any other scout rifle, at AR's "optimal range". But then I'm not Scout Believer for PvP so my little experience with them may skew experience.
Sort of what I was saying; AR's (including SUROS Regime obviously) will win against scout rifles at their own optimal range, but optimal range for Scout Rifles is now farther away than for ARs. I didn't honestly consider them (scouts) viable in the Crucible at all before, but the buff/rebalance was significant.

edit: Damn those are some sweeeeeet UI/QoL mockups.

jay23

Is this part true?

Touch of Flame: All grenades ignite enemies, causing damage over time.

This does exactly as it explains - causes all grenades to now deal additional damage over time (DOT). Great for keeping shields down in PvE and snagging a Postmortem in the Crucible.

While Radiant, it also causes all Solar weapons to Ignite - causing additional DOT. This is actually an amazing touch and with the right weapon can be very useful in PvE and devastating in PvP (think if Thorn had a baby with your favorite Solar weapon). For example, the Ice Breaker becomes a guaranteed kill regardless of where you hit an enemy in the Crucible when paired with Viking Funeral.

If so imma have to try it with vision of confluence and invective/icebreaker to wreck in pvp.

I got the vision of confluence Monday on my first go at the raid (only coming in at the atheon fight) and so far it's great, I'm leveling it like a mad man now so I can get that bonus oracle damage for my next official raid. Saving energy so I can fully upgrade it. Also got the truth exotic with void damage whichll be good for the raid too. I wanna get the full raid armor set so I can do the slow climb to 30.

J-Rzez

All I enjoy using now are handcannons in pve and PvP. So satisfying. All I want is a good exotic handcannon. That's all I wanted for a while now. What does this game give me? Nothing. What do my friends get that hate handcannons? Handcannons. Fack. I want the last word. Even a hawkmoon.

Oh and shotguns still need to be toned down in PvP. Fusion rifles are a real problem now. Well they were annoying before because they required little skill like ARs but now that ARs are balanaced for the most part all that you see are morons running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. Barely any mid-long range combat (though that's partially to blame from poor map design). And due to silly latency that's baked into this game, they will get you no matter what with stupid post mortem kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom