• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

The sunbro is useful for heroic raid. Even during gatekeeper if your going into the portal to get the relic. You have to run and try to avoid enemies and if u die when u have the relic its over. Today we had 2 to 3 dead on the outside. I had the relic insidr and I.got shot, but I self revived and ran outside and we cleared the gatekeeper with then 3 ppl alive. Sunbros can save nightfalls and raids. The risk taking is not done often. I only take them when I know I need a heavy ammo but I dont die. You just have to be careful amd yes sunbros are given a pass because we are the best :p

Anybody have a checkpoint for [OT8]?

I got to get to 30 before the two platinum games come out next week. I have the raid leg and chest armor just need a helping hand :p)

I agree no class ability is absolutely necessary. I never said that.

I did say the best makeup though. There is a difference between necessity and optimization.

If this were a standard skill activation MMO, I'd agree with you. However raid makeup in Destiny simply doesn't matter as much as individual player ability. Weapons of Light helps DPS but if your Titan's Aim, Situational Awareness, or plain old ability to adapt are subpar, then that's a much bigger problem than not having the buff.

But doesn't that help that the Sunbro dieing won't result in a wipe for everyone. Two Sunbros reduces your need to wipe due to a death by a third.

That depends entirely on what caused the deaths in the first place. If your SunLocks are dying quickly into an attempt and having to res, then you're really not getting any additional utility from them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Eh, the classes lack so much depth to me that I really desire them to be as different as they can be in PvP. When I go from PvE to PvP, I don't even change a single skill. Even the stats like armor are almost completely inconsequential. I don't think Radiant Skin is very useful as it is. In most cases if you're going to die, you're probably going to die regardless of an armor boost. PvP wise, I don't like the super in general to be honest. I think Fireborn is just asking to get killed again right away, and you will probably just get one shot by a Titan super during Radiant Skin anyway, or any 2 people who are going to put you down when you make yourself look like such a huge target.

Also, Radiant Skin won't help the number 1 Warlock killer in my raid experience. That is of course, falling off the map (guilty of doing this 1 time). C:
haha I gotcha. it's my #1 favorite super for pvp so we're not going to come close to eye to eye on this. appreciate the thoughts though.

The exotic bounty for Thorn (Get 500 Void-based kills in the Crucible) is bullshit. How did no one at Bungie realize this is not good game design? There should be a written rule stating that grinding-based progress is prohibited.

I had already stopped doing the Raid, now there's one more thing I won't bother doing.

Bizazedo

If you die first and burn your super on bringing yourself back to life, it's probably more beneficial to the group to wipe and you save a void bomb for some serious crowd control.

Now we're at point (well, past it) that we're getting to personal preference. The obvious counter-argument is to use your "get good" and say the good team will just rotate / use supers as necessary, cause orbs to spawn, and that dead sunbro will get his super back. Or the good team will just compensate.

Due to that and just talking about preferences, it's probably best to just agree to disagree and go back to lamenting that E92 might not see a re-powered Vex Mythoclast for months.

Hoodbury

So for the Raid as a Titan Defender I assume I should go with Weapons of Light and Illuminated, correct?

Should I go with Bastion or Gift of the Void?

Destiny |OT8| A million nerfs is not enough for master rahool

I saw this earlier and really liked it. It highlights one of the things that Bungie is doing right (adding content) even if they just did it as a joke, while still poking fun at the bad things they are doing.

nowai

I am genuinely curious though as to how Void is more useful for the Gatekeeper. The waves are non-stop, you can't spam that super or your void nade, having good Void weapons are far more useful IMO because of this. Being a Sunbro that can carry two nades that can drop shields on a Praetorian and allow for a self rez scenario while wielding a great Void secondary and heavy (or even primary if you have Aetheon AR) just feels more valuable to me. Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Ok, Gatekeepers.

DPS down the fist Gatekeeper from the hallway with 6 ice breakers and then run to the first portal on the left. This will despawn all of the hobgoblins and open the first portal.

Two people go in and take the Gatekeeper to almost no health. It's really useful here for a Bladedancer to stay behind inside the portal and stealth and wait. The second person leaves the portal and the whole team goes to the other portal to let the Praetorian take the first sync plate.

Doing this will stop all Praetorians from spawning on the right side, but A LOT of goblins will spawn. Voidbomb is great here, although I put two blind bubbles at each spawn point to make this trivial.

Once the right portal is active, two people go in, take down the Gatekeeper and run out. While this is happening the other three that opened the right side run back, take out the oracle that will spawn over the portal, kill the Praetorian and open the portal so the person inside can kill the first Gatekeeper and come out.

Then you all move to the middle and defend.

At ANY of these points, Voidbomb and Void grenade faaaar outweighs a self-res.

And please, if you haven't cleared heroic. I know Sunbro is fine for normal...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For the perks, that's really the only point of exotics over a good legendary is that they have many of the best perks and it's just a matter of seeing which one is tailored to your build and style of play. The chest I want will work really well with my Sunsinger.
<3

the worst thing about exotics is that they're exotics. the best thing about them is everything else :>
So for the Raid as a Titan Defender I assume I should go with Weapons of Light and Illuminated, correct?
aye.
Should I go with Bastion or Gift of the Void?
hmmm I dunno on that one.

Only 4.5 more hours of work and then another .5 hours until Hard Raid

Also, RNGesus, please bless me with Vision of Confluence. I have kept silent my prayers for too long. Blessed are thee. Forgive me of my sins against the Cryptarch. Deliver me unto evil.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

ZangBa

haha I gotcha. it's my #1 favorite super for pvp so we're not going to come close to eye to eye on this. appreciate the thoughts though.

How could you not like Arc Blade the most? It's sooooo easy to have fun with Arc Blade. The Titan bubble is pretty hilarious, too, because at least a couple people will try to step inside and fight you.

Not trying to be a hater, but conversing keeps things more interesting for me here. :\

MrS

Banned
Thanks for the raid guys!

RNG smiled on me - raid boots and chest and atheons epilogue. Insane! Past two times just had shards and energy and hezen vengeance.

All I need now are raid gloves and 30 will be mine muhahahaha
The real game starts at level 29.75

Ok, Gatekeepers.

DPS down the fist Gatekeeper from the hallway with 6 ice breakers and then run to the first portal on the left. This will despawn all of the hobgoblins and open the first portal.

Two people go in and take the Gatekeeper to almost no health. It's really useful here for a Bladedancer to stay behind inside the portal and stealth and wait. The second person leaves the portal and the whole team goes to the other portal to let the Praetorian take the first sync plate.

Doing this will stop all Praetorians from spawning on the right side, but A LOT of goblins will spawn. Voidbomb is great here, although I put two blind bubbles at each spawn point to make this trivial.

Once the right portal is active, two people go in, take down the Gatekeeper and run out. While this is happening the other three that opened the right side run back, take out the oracle that will spawn over the portal, kill the Praetorian and open the portal so the person inside can kill the first Gatekeeper and come out.

Then you all move to the middle and defend.

At ANY of these points, Voidbomb and Void grenade faaaar outweighs a self-res.

And please, if you haven't cleared heroic. I know Sunbro is fine for normal...
We aren't just talking self rez vs voidbomb here though, I'm asking why is it more viable than say using a powerful Void rocket launcher for those parts? I've just felt that great weapons can substitute for that ability and are far more spam-able. So you can replicate what's good about a VoidWalker while having self rez in your pocket plus the ability to spam powerful nades should you die OR on command if you're confident you don't need self rez.

Bungie fucked up the Crucible. Mytho still does loads of damage, shotguns still kill from range, and my AR is a spitball shooter. So now they have to nerf fusion, hand cannon, pulse, and rocket launchers. I may never play Crucible again. Hell, after I raid I may never play this game again.

Dante316

We aren't just talking self rez vs voidbomb here though, I'm asking why is it more viable than say using a powerful Void rocket launcher for those parts? I've just felt that great weapons can substitute for that ability and are far more spam-able. So you can replicate what's good about a VoidWalker while having self rez in your pocket plus the ability to spam powerful nades should you die OR on command if you're confident you don't need self rez.

Not only that a maxed ghallarhorn 1 shots them. So the sunbro can save itself if it gets hectic. The grenades and super are useful but are not essential for the voidwalker. The sunbro ends up being more useful.You just have to have the right weapons setup.

Ugh, no new weapons in weeks. Every nightfall, story and weekly just give me shards, which I don't need. Starting to think The Last Word will never happen unless it's offered as paid DLC.

Greenymac

Ha, yeah, and I don't even really want it that much. How did I get it?? Heh heh. I was playing the NF and got disconnected. My teammates were nice enough to wait for me to rejoin before killing Sepiks. So I rejoin, it LITERALLY took one more bullet to bring him down and then we were done. Cue reward screen. Cue Hawkmoon. Cue extreme jealousy from one teammate who wants that gun more than anything else in the game.

My main buddy I game with has scored TWO hawkmoons and both while we were playing together...Sigh. Guess all those hours praying to RNGesus were wasted.

Bungie fucked up the Crucible. Mytho still does loads of damage, shotguns still kill from range, and my AR is a spitball shooter. So now they have to nerf fusion, hand cannon, pulse, and rocket launchers. I may never play Crucible again. Hell, after I raid I may never play this game again.

I think someone on Reddit found that Bungie actually did a ~50% damage nerf to the Mythoclast, based on stat testing. What do you mean by it still does loads of damage?

Dante316

My main buddy I game with has scored TWO hawkmoons and both while we were playing together...Sigh. Guess all those hours praying to RNGesus were wasted.

How you liking that atheons epilogue, I finally got it today, seems will come handy for some void damage stuff.

I've had zero issues with my AR, shotguns haven't killed me nearly as much, still haven't run into a single Mythoclast, and handcannons, pulse rifles, rockets, and fusion rifles are all normal.

Not only that a maxed ghallarhorn 1 shots them. So the sunbro can save itself if it gets hectic. The grenades and super are useful but are not essential for the voidwalker. The sunbro ends up being more useful.You just have to have the right weapons setup.

This is how I feel and should have initially conveyed when I asked if I was missing something. I just don't see how Void Bomb makes a Walker better than a Sunbro with the right weapons.

Dante316

During pvp I use voidwalker more to novabomb control points. Both classes are fun and useful in their right. Maybe people hsve matched with bad "sunbro" players who die alot or are not happy that warlocks can get a free pass for a stupid death and they get yelled at or something if they die. All in all, playing with strength, each class is useful.

Ambitious

The exotic bounty for Thorn (Get 500 Void-based kills in the Crucible) is bullshit. How did no one at Bungie realize this is not good game design? There should be a written rule stating that grinding-based progress is prohibited.

I had already stopped doing the Raid, now there's one more thing I won't bother doing.

It's 500 points, not kills. You get 5 points per kill and -2 points per death. What kind of Void weapons do you have? Try to get a Fusion Rifle or a Shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom