• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patroclos

Banned
Arc blade is a close second, and bladedancer my favorite class overall by far. I love the animation, the air dashing, the 3rd person view, and the rare, tense, Arc Blade vs. Arc Blade fights.

However, and I know this will be sort of an ironic complaint as I know how ignoble it feels to be killed by the Blade, but I dislike how it feels to roll up on a voidwalker or striker and slice->immediate death from nova bomb/fist of havoc. it's an at-least-once-per-match thing. I really need to improve my play to recognize the flashing level number on spec better. but I just really hate that feeling of getting hard countered rock-paper-scissors style and completely wasting my super.

the above classes don't react the same way to a sunsinger in my play so far. It isn't as panic-inducing in my target, but that's just fine for me... and I won plenty of 2v1s and even a couple 3v1s last night, and this is without even having everything unlocked.

I chased a guy out of B capture point last night on Bastion. He came in through the chokepoint door, saw me blade dancing, turned right around and ran out. He was on his sparrow and gone. My last slice literally was within 6 feet of the back of his sparrowa s he sped off.

It reminded me of the Simpsons grandpa walks in then walks out gif. He was just like, Nope. Smart man whoever he was.

Unfortunately I can literally only vouch for the Vanguard one with the crazy-ass, impossible to memorize name *googles* A.1F19X-Ryl. It's quite good if you're comfortable with your headshot skills. But admittedly, mine was a Rank reward rather than vendor purchased, so I can't really give a full review even of that one. Sorry :[

Remember that Scorch is a one-hit kill in Radiance as well. And yes, yes it does. :)

ahahahah yeah, I saw that and just kind of scratched my head and went back to my bounties, lol

I think I meant something like "I don't care what you're doing, I just want to tag along and play."

It came off as "I just joined your fireteam but I don't give two shits what you're doing."

My bad.

milkham

so does anyone still do the normal RAID.. :p I have 5 days off work lol Still haven't played it at all from the beginning. Anyone with experience wanta play :D

add me neo, i've done the normal raid 3 times and half of the hard raid,
i dont have a regular group that I raid with and have just been relying on mostly random invites but I'll pull you in next time if we're missing people. kpopgafdestiny!
psn is milkham

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Impossible. Unless you mean no legendary equipment but yes exotic equipment in which case -_-

Buy your first legendary boots/gauntlets/chest and you'll basically be raid-ready without any further action.

the cryptarch is a dick. expect no less.

I was inviting you for the vault last night bruh... I'm telling the other randoms I got together "No worries friends! A true scholar and headhunter with an exotic cannon one wields in their HANDS will come and lead us to Victory! To GLORY!!!"

I cried a single salty tear. Got my first Raid gear (chest piece) ... still need The Last Word. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I chased a guy out of B capture point last night on Bastion. He came in through the chokepoint door, saw me blade dancing, turned right around and ran out. He was on his sparrow and gone. My last slice literally was within 6 feet of the back of his sparrowa s he sped off.

It reminded me of the Simpsons grandpa walks in then walks out gif. He was just like, Nope. Smart man whoever he was.
True that. Just one more reason I do not like those vehicle maps... >_<
I think I meant something like "I don't care what you're doing, I just want to tag along and play."

It came off as "I just joined your fireteam but I don't give two shits what you're doing."

My bad.
haha it's all good. Sorry I wasn't doing anything more fun or interesting. Speaking of which, I wanna Nightfall before it's raid time. Who's in? 77 Wizard and I at your service.
I was inviting you for the vault last night bruh... I'm telling the other randoms I got together "No worries friends! A true scholar and headhunter with an exotic cannon one wields in their HANDS will come and lead us to Victory! To GLORY!!!"

I cried a single salty tear. Got my first Raid gear (chest piece) ... still need The Last Word. :(
lol aha. I had noooo clue what you were looking to get me for. Just send a PSN message please, I will always always respond <3

You were better off anyway. I was operating at like 35.5% brain capacity at the time I saw those invites. I'd have dropped hawkmoon on a supplicant or something if you dragged me into the vault. Congrats on the gear!

ZangBa

I think I'll try to solo this nightfall on my 25 Hunter this week. It's gonna go so well, I can feel it. The only hard part is the beginning 3 waves when the invisible enemies show and glitch their way into my safe zone.

Messiek

Is this the final team?

1. TheTylerDurden
2. Messiek
3. BMO = GOAT
4. Dankul
5. milkham
6. yorkie7480

When are we doing it?
If someone is not here now, we can open a spot.

Stantron

Good suggestions. Kind of no-brainers, actually. Along the same lines, I'd like the intellect/discipline/strength circle icons to fill up respective to the amount of 100% effectiveness value. I shouldn't have to hover my reticle over them to see this. The pop up window from hovering over should tell me info like; my 76% discipline effectiveness translates into x seconds of cooldown.

ocean

Banned
Got a Legendary Hand Cannon from a Blue Engram. It's FWC's "The Chance". Anyone got impressions on it? Perks are grenade cool down boost on kills with the cannon (good for my Sunsinger) and range boost on aim.

jeffc919

Unfortunately I can literally only vouch for the Vanguard one with the crazy-ass, impossible to memorize name *googles* A.1F19X-Ryl. It's quite good if you're comfortable with your headshot skills. But admittedly, mine was a Rank reward rather than vendor purchased, so I can't really give a full review even of that one. Sorry :[

Thanks. I'll at least take a look at that one as a starting point and try to compare with the others.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got a Legendary Hand Cannon from a Blue Engram. It's FWC's "The Chance". Anyone got impressions on it? Perks are grenade cool down boost on kills with the cannon (good for my Sunsinger) and range boost on aim.
Magazine? Are those randomly rolled at all, for that matter?

The Chance is in the Last Word/Timor's Lash/Sir Isaac (very cool little gun btw) family of hand cannons, but that range boost perk might make it decent for all purpose if it's got an 8+ magazine.

Not my preferred kind of hand cannon, but certainly not worth scoffing at. If you can suss out a little build with your sunsinger and grenade spam I say make it happen.

Messiek

Is this the final team?

1. TheTylerDurden
2. Messiek
3. BMO = GOAT
4. Dankul
5. milkham
6. yorkie7480

When are we doing it?
If someone is not here now, we can open a spot.

1. TheTylerDurden
2. Messiek OK
3. BMO = GOAT OK
4. Dankul
5. milkham OK
6. yorkie7480

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
True that. Just one more reason I do not like those vehicle maps... >_<

haha it's all good. Sorry I wasn't doing anything more fun or interesting. Speaking of which, I wanna Nightfall before it's raid time. Who's in? 77 Wizard and I at your service.

lol aha. I had noooo clue what you were looking to get me for. Just send a PSN message please, I will always always respond <3

You were better off anyway. I was operating at like 35.5% brain capacity at the time I saw those invites. I'd have dropped hawkmoon on a supplicant or something if you dragged me into the vault. Congrats on the gear!

LoL coulda swore the messages I was sending just said "Raid?" lol.. it's my new default mass message when i'm in the tower do my own manual fucking match making for raids.

Still the most ridiculous bullshit this game has thrown at users imo. "Randoms can never beat this super hard end game material!!!!" ... beat it with randoms 3 times in a row now.

Rubenov

Have a checkpoint on Atheon (PS4), normal, I'm a Level 28 Voidwalker.

Looking for 28s and up (or experienced 27s) to help me beat him, shooting for 730pm EST start.

I've never beaten Atheon, except 1 time when a Sunbro teammate pushed him off the cliff.

If you want in quote this message with your PSN id.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That reminds me, for our 9:00PM EST raid, the group is

1. Me
2. NarcissisticJay
3. wins1991
4. Palom12
5. UnionCarbine
6. Squall ASF

please post or PM me if you can't make it!

Also looking for folk to Nightfall with right at this very moment. Please reply with PSN name
LoL coulda swore the messages I was sending just said "Raid?" lol.. it's my new default mass message when i'm in the tower do my own manual fucking match making for raids.
oh.. i just saw the fireteam invite, which doesn't actually show any message I don't think... sorry :(
Still the most ridiculous bullshit this game has thrown at users imo. "Randoms can never beat this super hard end game material!!!!" ... beat it with randoms 3 times in a row now.
Those "randoms" you obtained however you obtained them are not the same pool of players you would be dipping into with blind matchmaking. But I don't really want to get into this with you, I'm really glad you've been able to complete it, know you were worried about being able to do it at all for a while

Lakitu

st5fu
Posting this as a reminder:

Looking for More: Vault of Glass (Normal) on PS4.
Start time: 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00 Pacific.

Attending:
1) Kor_of_Memory 29-Titan
2) aMadTeaParty7 28-Warlock
3) Ratsult2 28 Warlock
4) Cosmic_Onion
5) JayDee191 28-Titan
6) ScarletHam 27-Hunter

Raid starts in 90 minutes.

I've sent you a PM but I'll post this here too, just incase. I'm Cosmic_Onion on that list, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it as it starts 1am for me and I'm already starting to fall asleep. I'm sure there's plenty here that can replace me. Thanks for inviting me and sorry about that.

Rubenov

That reminds me, for our 9:00PM EST raid, the group is

1. Me
2. NarcissisticJay
3. wins1991
4. Palom12
5. UnionCarbine
6. Squall ASF

please post or PM me if you can't make it!

Also looking for folk to Nightfall with right at this very moment. Please reply with PSN name

oh.. i just saw the fireteam invite, which doesn't actually show any message I don't think... sorry :(

Those "randoms" you obtained however you obtained them are not the same pool of players you would be dipping into with blind matchmaking. But I don't really want to get into this with you, I'm really glad you've been able to complete it, know you were worried about being able to do it at all for a while

Hawkian I can do Nightfall right now (already completed it but looking to level Icebreaker)

Rubenov25

Uff duh

Banned
I've sent you a PM but I'll post this here too, just incase. I'm Cosmic_Onion on that list, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it as it starts 1am for me and I'm already starting to fall asleep. I'm sure there's plenty here that can replace me. Thanks for inviting me and sorry about that.

Ill take that spot lvl 30 hunter psn Uff_Duh

ocean

Banned
Magazine? Are those randomly rolled at all, for that matter?

The Chance is in the Last Word/Timor's Lash/Sir Isaac (very cool little gun btw) family of hand cannons, but that range boost perk might make it decent for all purpose if it's got an 8+ magazine.

Not my preferred kind of hand cannon, but certainly not worth scoffing at. If you can suss out a little build with your sunsinger and grenade spam I say make it happen.
Magazine is 6 but impact is nearly full. I'll test it out in PvE.

Deku Tree

Ok we're starting a hard raid At 9pm est on ps4. Looking for level 29+ with appropriate weapons.

So far we have

DekuBleep (me)
death4romabove22 (possibly +1)
Sn1cky
Sharkjaw

I think someone on Reddit found that Bungie actually did a ~50% damage nerf to the Mythoclast, based on stat testing. What do you mean by it still does loads of damage?

I am unloading into a player's head, he/she hits me with 4-5 shots from the Myth and I am down.

I've had zero issues with my AR, shotguns haven't killed me nearly as much, still haven't run into a single Mythoclast, and handcannons, pulse rifles, rockets, and fusion rifles are all normal.

Shotguns are still deadly at range. Seen it too many times...

uh, whoa. is this some kind of crazy stuff-as-much-wrong-into-a-small-space-as-possible joke post?
/

Not a joke post. Jesus. If ARs got nerfed what about fusion? Three shot kill.

Mrgamer

Ill replace you if needed.

the community keeps on giving: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...decided_to_create_a_ui_concept_based_on_this/

TIUeb8g.png

kU06gKq.png

ehWta42.png

bkkDhY3.png

ja9upPV.png

387FrfS.png

Quoting to find later...so good.

Ok we're starting a hard raid At 9pm est on ps4. Looking for level 29+ with appropriate weapons.

So far we have

DekuBleep (me)
death4romabove22 (possibly +1)
Sn1cky
Sharkjaw

If there's still a spot, I'd love to give it a go. Finished it twice on normal, haven't done a hard yet. Level 29 titan.

PSN: Hero_1985_

Skooky

Neo Member
Playing Clash just now.

I spot an enemy sprinting around the corner and as I'm lining my shot up, my teammate is bladedancing in full pursuit behind them. It was super funny seeing that.

Patroclos

Banned
Hey all. Couple weapon questions for anybody who can help. I just got Timur's Lash and Ares Nemesis recently. How are they? Is the Nemesis a good scout rifle after the buff?

Namikaze1

I keep encountering a PSN user named BuckyBarnes. This has been going on for three weeks now.

I'm one of the Winter Soldier's targets aren't I?

Mrgamer

I have two level 28 characters and haven't gotten any exotic drops.

Just Legendary stuff. Seems ridiculous.

Was about to quit this game at level 24 and one day i got a plan c ouy of a blue engram(before patch) my game changed forever its amazing how this gun changed everything.

Patroclos

Banned
4 or 5 headshots from the mythoclast should certainly kill... what AR are you using, anyway?

Hm man are you saying they're no different than before the patch?

Invective still has nasty range, I got one shotted from 20 to 25 feet last night. That one should though. I didn't notice anything that could be considered out of the ordinary other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom