• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I find Rusted Lands much more fun than Burning Shrine. Burning Shrine has a habit of becoming a cluster of shotgun-melee because there's almost zero sightlines while Rusted Lands has a solid mix of areas with good sightlines and close quarters areas.

I think my friends and I have been playing this game too much
me: day's almost over...
Friend 1: almost time to pump some iron
Friend 2: going to the gym?
or...are we talking relic iron lol?
because if thats the case...im going to spin class :D
Friend 1:Can we create a Destiny Spin class and just call it Spin metal?
Friend 1: we can play Metal while they are working
every once in a while we can throw a colored ball at them and tell them to "catch the Engram"
Friend 1:Have the instructor dress up like Master Rahool.
Friend 1:Drop a satellite on someone once every half hour and just start screaming and running in circles... "IT'S A PUBLIC EVENT!"
Friend 1: If they take a drink we can keep an eye on them and if they go for another sip we can slap the bottle out of their hands THAT SHIT IS ON COOLDOWN BRO

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All I enjoy using now are handcannons in pve and PvP. So satisfying. All I want is a good exotic handcannon. That's all I wanted for a while now. What does this game give me? Nothing. What do my friends get that hate handcannons? Handcannons. Fack. I want the last word. Even a hawkmoon.
"even" a hawkmoon, how does it feel to be dead to me J-Rzez?
Oh and shotguns still need to be toned down in PvP. Fusion rifles are a real problem now. Well they were annoying before because they required little skill like ARs but now that ARs are balanaced for the most part all that you see are morons running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. Barely any mid-long range combat (though that's partially to blame from poor map design). And due to silly latency that's baked into this game, they will get you no matter what with stupid post mortem kills.
i don't understand, do shotguns still need to be toned down or do fusion rifles? i like fusion rifles; it's nice that there's any alternative for extreme-CQC to shotguns, and I'm someone who really likes shotguns in games.

it's also funny to hear "barely any mid-long range", last night it was "everyone is sitting at the edges of the map with scout rifles." my matches, I still absolutely for sure wound up being killed by "some auto rifle or another" a majority of the time. *shrug!*

Namikaze1

I have only been on Burning Shrine once in the many hours I put into this game. Rusted Lands on the other hand has shown up more often than any other map. More so than First Light.

How much Light does each upgrade give in the last column of Raid gear? I'm sitting at 104 Light and have a Raid Chest upgraded until Shards are needed. I thought I read it was 2, 3, 3, but I'm having trouble finding anything to confirm that. I have enough Shards to get 2 upgrades which would get me to 29 if it is in fact 2, 3, 3. Anyone know?

I have only been on Burning Shrine once in the many hours I put into this game. Rusted Lands on the other hand has shown up more often than any other map. More so than First Light.

That's because Burning Shrine is one of the maps that only pops up on 6 player total game modes. So 3v3 or DM types.

Edit: Also, I'd actually like to see a 2v2v2 game mode of some kind added in the future if possible. I think it could be a ton of fun. Lore wise, it could be explained off as the 3 factions against each other at the same time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I love everything on there with the possible exception of the vote for strike screen.
well, one absolutely inexplicable flaw dying to be corrected is the fact that the same strike can repeat multiple times in a row on the playlists. If you're staying with the same fireteam, why is there even a 0.00001% chance of this happening? just roll for "strike other than currently flagged strike." I don't get it

X-Frame

Oh and shotguns still need to be toned down in PvP. Fusion rifles are a real problem now. Well they were annoying before because they required little skill like ARs but now that ARs are balanaced for the most part all that you see are morons running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. Barely any mid-long range combat (though that's partially to blame from poor map design). And due to silly latency that's baked into this game, they will get you no matter what with stupid post mortem kills.

I swear some people will not be satisfied until shotguns are only effective once the barrel of the gun is inside your characters mouth.

Nodnol

You think so? I love the ROF on The Calling and the nasty range but I feel Centauri definitely hits harder. I've been in between both...still not sure :/

Yeah, my Centauri had uninspiring perks (kneeling?), and I just found it kicked like a mule. Was nothing available to upgrade stability or accuracy, and it just didn't feel very point-able...if that makes sense?

Instantly, The Calling felt snappier and more precise. It's probably just separated by preference, but I've found it to be superior in applying accurate damage.

Namikaze1

That's because Burning Shrine is one of the maps that only pops up on 6 player total game modes. So 3v3 or DM types.

Edit: Also, I'd actually like to see a 2v2v2 game mode of some kind added in the future if possible. I think it could be a ton of fun. Lore wise, it could be explained off as the 3 factions against each other at the same time.
When it happened, I was playing Rumble.

does anyone have the atheon hard check point they could hook me up with? me and my friend are looking to cheese it, we can do it really quickly if anyone wants to get in. we just need the checkpoint.

It doesn't. Suros accuracy is still deadly.

Try almost 900 dmg crits at level 30 ;)

Just like any other scout rifle.

It doesn't.

Sad to hear that, I just can't fully get into a PvP where lower skill weapons win out over the greater skill precision weapons. It's all good though, Destiny is about an addicting, loot driven, co-op fare and I'll get the Master Chief collection for PvP. That said, I'll totally go for any remaining PvP trophies. This looks like a pretty easy game to Platinum with as much as I've played it. There's only one trophy I'm afraid of and that's the Flawless Raider. Even that one, I'm only truly nervous about the jumping puzzle, there's always at least one person that struggles with it.

Grimoire added to the game with all those stats?? Great to finally have that in there, a very nice addition indeed.

kuppy

Yap, would be much appreciated. Of course in a better quality design wise, but as for function it'd be very handy.

Those mock ups make me sad that it's not real :(
That tends to happen a lot whenever I hear the rumours around the original concepts. Still heartbroken that there aren't different story start points depending on class and or species.

jeffc919

Sort of what I was saying; AR's (including SUROS Regime obviously) will win against scout rifles at their own optimal range, but optimal range for Scout Rifles is now farther away than for ARs. I didn't honestly consider them (scouts) viable in the Crucible at all before, but the buff/rebalance was significant.

edit: Damn those are some sweeeeeet UI/QoL mockups.

Is there a particular vendor sold scout rifle that you recommend for crucible (or maybe one or two)? I'd like to dabble with one eventually now that they're supposedly viable.

SharkJAW

How much Light does each upgrade give in the last column of Raid gear? I'm sitting at 104 Light and have a Raid Chest upgraded until Shards are needed. I thought I read it was 2, 3, 3, but I'm having trouble finding anything to confirm that. I have enough Shards to get 2 upgrades which would get me to 29 if it is in fact 2, 3, 3. Anyone know?
Raid gives 30 light total. 2,3,3.

cakely

well, one absolutely inexplicable flaw dying to be corrected is the fact that the same strike can repeat multiple times in a row on the playlists. If you're staying with the same fireteam, why is there even a 0.00001% chance of this happening? just roll for "strike other than currently flagged strike." I don't get it

I agree with you, but Bungie just coded it as "pick a random strike 1-6" instead of your algorithm. Why, I don't know.

I agree with you, but Bungie just coded it as "pick a random strike 1-6" instead of your algorithm. Why, I don't know.

To be fair, that's how WoW does it as well. There've been times where I've rolled the same dungeon 7 times in a row out of a list of 5 available.

Bollocks

God damnit RNGesus, I'm lvl 26 and only ever gotten 1! legendary drop. Have yet to get something exotic.
Played the Nightfall Strike and got my second legendary drop. And what do I get?
The same fucking weapon that I got as my first drop, well f u.
Meanwhile my friend got 2 legendary drops yesterday and came out of the Nightfall Strike with a exotic weapon. We started both characters at the same time, in fact we actually only play together.

I knew this could happen but you only read about it, you don't think it could happen to you.
Welcome to Destiny

cakely

If you have two ascendant shard upgrades for a raid legendary you're guaranteed to gain either 5 or 6 light.

ZangBa

Arc blade is a close second, and bladedancer my favorite class overall by far. I love the animation, the air dashing, the 3rd person view, and the rare, tense, Arc Blade vs. Arc Blade fights.

However, and I know this will be sort of an ironic complaint as I know how ignoble it feels to be killed by the Blade, but I dislike how it feels to roll up on a voidwalker or striker and slice->immediate death from nova bomb/fist of havoc. it's an at-least-once-per-match thing. I really need to improve my play to recognize the flashing level number on spec better. but I just really hate that feeling of getting hard countered rock-paper-scissors style and completely wasting my super.

the above classes don't react the same way to a sunsinger in my play so far. It isn't as panic-inducing in my target, but that's just fine for me... and I won plenty of 2v1s and even a couple 3v1s last night, and this is without even having everything unlocked.

I think I've had that happen 90% of the time I use Arc Blade, I'm pretty terrible with it. I usually get 1 kill then a panic super from a Titan takes me out :<. I don't think Sunsingers are intimidating enough for people to panic, but I so love getting multi-kills by sticking the fusion grenades on people. I usually do pretty well with just my post-nerf pocket infinity, though. That thing still wrecks.

patchday

1890628_307160142824079_1144498365012642024_o.jpg

Finally lvl 30.

I really love the Desert nomad look that Bungie is going for. Grats btw

OK, I'm officially a Hawkmoon fan. Didn't care too much about having one. But now that I do... damn.

Sorry Shadow Price/Ice Breaker load out... we need to do some different shit here to make room.

Stantron

It's kind of annoying when the PSN pop up messages in the top left corner covers your radar at crucial times during crucible matches.

i love it on rumble so much. so much!

Bahahaha dude. Last night you sent me a PSN message saying you were in bed and not really paying attention and that you apologize.

I responded with "I don't care"

Hahahaha. Needless to say, I should not have been up still drinking at that hour.

Nodnol

God damnit RNGesus, I'm lvl 26 and only ever gotten 1! legendary drop. Have yet to get something exotic.
Played the Nightfall Strike and got my second legendary drop. And what do I get?
Meanwhile my friend got 2 legendary drops yesterday and came out of the Nightfall Strike with a exotic weapon. We started both characters at the same time, in fact we actually only play together.

I knew this could happen but you only read about it, you don't think it could happen to you.
Welcome to Destiny

We've all been there!

Once I stopped looking towards RNGesus, it became far more tolerable.

I used my faction leveling and Xur to give myself a decent foundation. Exotic armor from Xur, legendary pieces from the Vanguard. Later, I was gifted my first legendary primary for leveling the Vanguard to level 3.

Once you have that foundation, you can attack the higher level stuff, and RNGesus grants you bonuses, rather than lifelines.

My priorities each play session are bounties and strikes. These naturally level up my faction and provide marks. Once you hit 28, do the Nightfall ASAP to help with leveling.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's kind of annoying when the PSN pop up messages in the top left corner covers your radar at crucial times during crucible matches.

Turn off notifications while you crucible. Keep your phone nearby if you have the app installed to get message notifications.

Slurmer

Banned
Hunter. Level 25, no legendary equipment.
*receives package from postmaster containing engrams
*cryptarch decodes engrams to reveal legendary gauntlets
YES! Finally!
*goes to equip
*this item is for Titan class only

....I think I am done with this game guys

neoism

so does anyone still do the normal RAID.. :p I have 5 days off work lol Still haven't played it at all from the beginning. Anyone with experience wanta play :D

Ken

you know what would be really cool

a level 10ish 6-man on earth
a level 20ish 6-man on the moon
current vog

all three can be entered in as hard modes tuned for 29+ or something

lunlunqq

Did nightfall with all 3 of my characters. Warlock and Titan both got exotic helmets of their own classes; but I already have the Titan one. Hunter got Monte Carlo. I know it's shitty; but it looks cool. I don't mind having it in my collection.

Also did half a raid with some friends and got the Found Verdict and Praedyth's Revenge. I heard Praedyth is pretty good. I already have Ice Breaker and Patience and Time. I just don't see anything special with Praedyth. Am I missing something here?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a particular vendor sold scout rifle that you recommend for crucible (or maybe one or two)? I'd like to dabble with one eventually now that they're supposedly viable.
Unfortunately I can literally only vouch for the Vanguard one with the crazy-ass, impossible to memorize name *googles* A.1F19X-Ryl. It's quite good if you're comfortable with your headshot skills. But admittedly, mine was a Rank reward rather than vendor purchased, so I can't really give a full review even of that one. Sorry :[
I think I've had that happen 90% of the time I use Arc Blade, I'm pretty terrible with it. I usually get 1 kill then a panic super from a Titan takes me out :<. I don't think Sunsingers are intimidating enough for people to panic, but I so love getting multi-kills by sticking the fusion grenades on people. I usually do pretty well with just my post-nerf pocket infinity, though. That thing still wrecks.
Remember that Scorch is a one-hit kill in Radiance as well. And yes, yes it does. :)
Bahahaha dude. Last night you sent me a PSN message saying you were in bed and not really paying attention and that you apologize.

I responded with "I don't care"

Hahahaha. Needless to say, I should not have been up still drinking at that hour.
ahahahah yeah, I saw that and just kind of scratched my head and went back to my bounties, lol

Mrgamer

Welcome to Destiny

Was in the same boat.No good weapons at all and now have so many exoctics and legendary weapond and armour that ove started dismantling them.

Posting this as a reminder:

Looking for More: Vault of Glass (Normal) on PS4.
Start time: 8:00pm Eastern, 5:00 Pacific.

Attending:
1) Kor_of_Memory 29-Titan
2) aMadTeaParty7 28-Warlock
3) Ratsult2 28 Warlock
4) Cosmic_Onion
5) JayDee191 28-Titan
6) ScarletHam 27-Hunter

Raid starts in 90 minutes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hunter. Level 25, no legendary equipment.
Impossible. Unless you mean no legendary equipment but yes exotic equipment in which case -_-

Buy your first legendary boots/gauntlets/chest and you'll basically be raid-ready without any further action.
*receives package from postmaster containing engrams
*cryptarch decodes engrams to reveal legendary gauntlets
YES! Finally!
*goes to equip
*this item is for Titan class only

....I think I am done with this game guys
the cryptarch is a dick. expect no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom