• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I just have no idea why they would create something like the iron banner. Its just a worse version of the crucible. Sure you can still kill people regardless, but who wants to play a mode where the amount of ass materials you've grinded out influences the game rather than your skill/tactics?

Using a rep grind as incentive to play a less fun version of their own game seems bonkers. Someday I'd love to hear 'inside baseball' talk about how these things come about.

yup. bungie, give me a mode, even a special timed event, that has everyone pick from truly balanced weapon loadouts and base stats. make it as balanced as destiny allows. i dont expect a revamping of the whole pvp system, but give me one "one-off" play list to really look forward to and dig into.

Mindlog

I was messing around with Iron Banner. Was about to hit a 10 kill streak (not that it mattered because I never grabbed the bounty) and this happened.
http://a.pomf.se/sedhdw.webm

Curious. Lost my streak saving the clip. For a second I thought the Firefly perk finally got me a kill.

BraXzy

God. Just put a pin in the Raid on hard mode. We really struggled with it, it was my first go at hard as well as quite a few other people. It took hours and hours to get through the Templar section, and we just spent another couple hours trying to do the initial portal section with Atheon. So many times we got really close but then got overwhelmed and wiped :/

If I don't get Vex Mythlocast when I eventually crack this beast I am cry.

God. Just put a pin in the Raid on hard mode. We really struggled with it, it was my first go at hard as well as quite a few other people. It took hours and hours to get through the Templar section, and we just spent another couple hours trying to do the initial portal section with Atheon. So many times we got really close but then got overwhelmed and wiped :/

If I don't get Vex Mythlocast when I eventually crack this beast I am cry.

at least if you get shards, you're playing destiny the way bungie dreamed you would.

MrDaravon

Has the IQ dropped of random players?
Holy Shit, it's getting frustrating getting losses when people just don't push for objectives and are just hoping to reach end screen to see if they earned something good

Saw 2 dude camp an are in Venus map with Snipers, just staying way the fuck back and hoping to kill a dude or two, they each had like 0.3 or 0.5 K/D, while 4 others were doing everything in there fucking power to hold a flag

Having a 6 > 4 disadvantage if people leave is one thing, but when the 2 stick around and don't put effort, then fuck this bullshit, they shouldn't be rewarded with shit

Bungie really needs to add a modifier into the game, something hidden, like movement around the map, certain invisible markers a player runs through over the map, hell hit a certain point threshold before you even see drops

This game honestly has by far the worst randoms I think I have seen in any competitive game in years. Seems to be a combination of people either AFKing, dying repeatedly because they're working on stupid Crucible bounties, or people trying to play it like CoD. The first two things only happen because they currently don't specifically reward individual performance or the winning team (other than an additional mark/rep), and the last one always happens in any game. But the combination of all three makes it extra bad. Usually in most games I can go in solo with randoms and at least get it done most of the time, but totally not happening here. Would be interesting to see if a stripped down playlist with no supers and completely equalized weapons/drops would make things any better in that regard or not.

BraXzy

at least if you get shards, you're playing destiny the way bungie dreamed you would.

Just reading this made me cry inside.

I swear someone said there was a cap lower than 200 on ass shards? Or it might have been motes of light. I'm gonna hit the cap before a piece of raid gear is gifted to me.

Frenden

Banned
This game honestly has by far the worst randoms I think I have seen in any competitive game in years. Seems to be a combination of people either AFKing, dying repeatedly because they're working on stupid Crucible bounties, or people trying to play it like CoD. The first two things only happen because they currently don't specifically reward individual performance or the winning team (other than an additional mark/rep), and the last one always happens in any game. But the combination of all three makes it extra bad. Usually in most games I can go in solo with randoms and at least get it done most of the time, but totally not happening here. Would be interesting to see if a stripped down playlist with no supers and completely equalized weapons/drops would make things any better in that regard or not.

I'm primarily a PVP level 28 hunter and regularly finish top 1-3 of the board. If you're on PSN add me and maybe we can win some IB matches. PSN: Frenden.

Gsnap

I'm primarily a PVP level 28 hunter and regularly finish top 1-3 of the board. If you're on PSN add me and maybe we can win some IB matches. PSN: Frenden.

I'm game. PSN: fjurbanski

Only level 24 but I've done well in IB so far. I'd like to not play with randoms anymore though. Won't be able to add you for awhile since I'm at work. But PM me if you're interested.

Cynn

Holy Shit, it's getting frustrating getting losses when people just don't push for objectives and are just hoping to reach end screen to see if they earned something good

Saw 2 dude camp an are in Venus map with Snipers, just staying way the fuck back and hoping to kill a dude or two, they each had like 0.3 or 0.5 K/D, while 4 others were doing everything in there fucking power to hold a flag

Having a 6 > 4 disadvantage if people leave is one thing, but when the 2 stick around and don't put effort, then fuck this bullshit, they shouldn't be rewarded with shit

Bungie really needs to add a modifier into the game, something hidden, like movement around the map, certain invisible markers a player runs through over the map, hell hit a certain point threshold before you even see drops
It's probably because Iron Banner draws the campers and jump rocketeers of non objective modes into Control and they aren't used to actually working together to win.

Frenden

Banned
It's probably because Iron Banner draws the campers and jump rocketeers of non objective modes into Control and they aren't used to actually working together to win.

You might be right. I primarily play control and watching folks screw the team over drives me nuts.

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyone currently doing the weekly strike (22 or 26) on ps4 wanna shoot an invite?

Psn: aardvark (lv24 gunslinger)

Frenden

Banned
I think that the IB not giving you points for losing makes me so angry because the armor doesn't help you hit 30 and the only gear I want is the cloak. I'm going to grind for a week for a cloak.

David___

Banned
Tonight's Raid haul

m880af8.jpg

mDG2nzi.jpg

x96ejLv.jpg

Thanks to those that helped me with the weekly lvl 26 strike. Now I have to grind 25 strikes as part of my exotic bounty. What are the chances I get something exotic during those 25?

Ok, I hit lvl 20, beat the game and dove into a couple of crucible matches where I got my first legendary item, which helped me get to lvl21.

This is definitely a high point for me. That last battle was fairly intense for me, but everything just clicked. I know the story in this game is crap, but everything else feels just right. Coming off of Diablo 3, I'm glad that there isn't so much loot, and it feels like the game rewards you in enough ways that you can just play the modes you're interested in.

Still unsure about the longevity, but I'm certainly not regretting picking this up last week.

Bastos

Yep, I know that feel.

People never defend objectives, they help capping then rush through the map looking for kills instead of defending. Also, IB is a camp-fest now, it's annoying as hell.

RdN

Getting no stop "Centipede" errors tonight.. Argh. I thought today's downtime and update was to finally solve this shit.

ZOONAMI

Ok, I hit lvl 20, beat the game and dove into a couple of crucible matches where I got my first legendary item, which helped me get to lvl21.

This is definitely a high point for me. That last battle was fairly intense for me, but everything just clicked. I know the story in this game is crap, but everything else feels just right. Coming off of Diablo 3, I'm glad that there isn't so much loot, and it feels like the game rewards you in enough ways that you can just play the modes you're interested in.

Still unsure about the longevity, but I'm certainly not regretting picking this up last week.

So lucky, I've been grinding for 2 weeks. Now at level 25. I have never gotten a legendary weapon drop.

Tawpgun

Better AR?

Vanquisher or shadow price?

Or do should I just go with vanquisher and pick up something else from vanguard like devil you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom