• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I solo'ed the Nightfall, and it was quite easy and straight forward until the last section where I cheesed it by crouching under the platform to the right of where the Priest spawns.

An armor-piercing sniper helped a lot in being able to snipe him through the floor as well when he was standing above me, haha. Otherwise, I could see this totally being do-able without any cheese with a full fire team with lots of powerful firepower.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Ok I know it's been discussed but I just got my first exotic bounty..

I can pick A Light In The Dark, Toland's Legacy, or A Dubious Task. Which one should I pick? I was thinking the consensus was A Dubious Task but don't really remember.
I went with Toland's legacy because I prefer Pulse Rifles for multiplayer and since it will be my first exotic primary, I will get a lot of usage out of it. I also still steed to get the maximum vanguard marks in a week trophy, and this is probably the one thing that will get me to do it. I have never been able to maintain interest in doing a bunch if the same strikes over and over again without a direct reward such as knowing what weapon or gear you will receive.

Maulik

For everyone asking how to complete this nightfall easily, this strategy has let me do it three times today perfectly: (this goes for final boss and not whole fight, Also, stock up on ammo synthesizers)

1) When you are about to drop down into the final area to fight the boss, DON"T. Do not jump down at the beginning.

2) instead, have your entire team take out the remaining foes by either sending one person out there to snipe/rocket

3) Before the last random enemy is killed, get all ammo from the area and then set off the boss

4) Do not engage the boss out in the open. Instead, have your entire fire team wait in the area right before it drops into the main arena. The boss will eventually aggro right to the right of the narrow gap by the drop off.

5) just go out one at a time and throw grenades, rockets etc.

6) rinse and repeat and you'll drop him in no time.

pyrandes

Finally hit level 3 for vanguard and get Shadow Price as a reward. So I take it into a random Iron Banner run and destroyed everyone with it... That was prob the most easygoing PvP match Ive ever had. The rest have been pure frustration.

Then again I have been trying to use a Hand Cannon in pvp before as a main. Perhaps thats why.

Lockon

Thanks Fixed and MiidSoss for the Heroic weekly. I feel horrible dying so much. I probably should up my gears and get light 28 first, and level up my weapons too.
And thanks for trying the Nightfall.

Nuke Soda

Watched a stream of somebody beating The Glass Vault, it did not look fun. Though they did get an amazing auto rifle. The stream convinced me that I need to start playing again.

JNA

Banned
Well i did the last part of the raid but I would like to do the beginning and middle parts of the raid so I can get all the rewards.

Anybody wanna start a raid?

PSN: Streakydude

Anyone willing to help a first timer to nightfall?
Tried to solo it last week as a level 27 warlock but nope. I want that exp boost :D

PSN: snake_beater

MildSoss

Thanks Fixed and MiidSoss for the Heroic weekly. I feel horrible dying so much. I probably should up my gears and get light 28 first, and level up my weapons too.
And thanks for trying the Nightfall.

lol No problem man, that strike is brutal no matter the level.

Well i did the last part of the raid but I would like to do the beginning and middle parts of the raid so I can get all the rewards.

Anybody wanna start a raid?

PSN: Streakydude

I'd be down, since I need to get those chests, too. But I'll be on in maybe 2 hours. Gonna eat dinner now.

Light in the Dark is Thorn i believe. (Hand Cannon)

Toland's Legacy is Bad Juju. (Pulse Rifle)

A Dubious Task is Invective. (Shotgun)

Ok thanks, nothing in particular that interests me then. I'll probably go for the Shotgun though it looks like I'll have to do the PVP for any of them which I still haven't touched.

X-Frame

Tons of fun, right?

I only got a legendary engram =/

I got the Titan exotic gauntlets again, kinda bummed. I already have mine maxed out, so dismantled for shards. Oh well. I'll try again 2 more times on my alts.

All I want is Ice Breaker!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I want to do the Nightfall, but I'm only level 24. please pm if interested.. as I don't sub to this thread.

Sorry you have to reach Light level 27, you are asking 2 others to carry you

You would be doing such minimal damage and dieing in 1-2 hits, a Vex or Fallen sniper will smoke you with one shot

Even @28 you can die so quickly, the Nightfalls aren't meant to be easy

You can't enter.

Oh did not know this, well that wraps that up

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Question... Just by participating in the Iron Banner matches, I earn rank points in the Iron Banner or do I have to equip a mark or something?

This may sound silly but it took me a long time to figure out how to rank up with other factions all because I didn't equip their mark.

Evil Beaver

Question... Just by participating in the Iron Banner matches, I earn rank points in the Iron Banner or do I have to equip a mark or something?

This may sound silly but it took me a long time to figure out how to rank up with other factions all because I didn't equip their mark.

You win an Iron Banner match and you get IB rep + Crucible rep.

Lose said match and you only get Crucible rep.

I just have no idea why they would create something like the iron banner. Its just a worse version of the crucible. Sure you can still kill people regardless, but who wants to play a mode where the amount of ass materials you've grinded out influences the game rather than your skill/tactics?

Using a rep grind as incentive to play a less fun version of their own game seems bonkers. Someday I'd love to hear 'inside baseball' talk about how these things come about.

EL CUCO

Nightfall completed. It wasn't pretty but we got it done.

Got a pair of the rarely ever seen Sunbreakers
-_____-

You have to win Iron Banner matches or complete Iron Banner Bounties to get Rep for them. Once you win 4 matches (or complete one Bounty worth 100 rep) you get to Rank 1. Then you can buy a shader and emblem from them that will increase the rep you earn by 10%.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Has the IQ dropped of random players?
Holy Shit, it's getting frustrating getting losses when people just don't push for objectives and are just hoping to reach end screen to see if they earned something good

Saw 2 dude camp an are in Venus map with Snipers, just staying way the fuck back and hoping to kill a dude or two, they each had like 0.3 or 0.5 K/D, while 4 others were doing everything in there fucking power to hold a flag

Having a 6 > 4 disadvantage if people leave is one thing, but when the 2 stick around and don't put effort, then fuck this bullshit, they shouldn't be rewarded with shit

Bungie really needs to add a modifier into the game, something hidden, like movement around the map, certain invisible markers a player runs through over the map, hell hit a certain point threshold before you even see drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom