• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Dammit, I didn't pick the get the top score in iron banner bounty because I thought I had no chance and I just did it twice. I guess my weapons are better than I thought. Crucible is a different MP experience than I thought it would be but I'm warming up to it.

Same happened to me and the get 10 kills without dying, got a 10 kill streak without the bounty equipped, I was pissed.

Bungie, plz, increase how many bounties you can hold, between bounties for modes that aren't available on the day and exotics, holding 5 at a time is a piss poor number especially if we have to jump to the tower everytime we clear a bounty.

SkylineRKR

anyone still farm the public events on earth (i.e. :00 & :30 mothyards / :10 & :40 forgotten shore)?

there use to be a :15 & :45 public event over at the divide (one of those walkers) but hasn't been dropping lately. was there any change announced or found out within the last few updates?

Didn't drop for me too. But I do get Steppes more frequent.

I'm glad I didn't really invest a lot of time into my PS4 before Destiny, and the fact everything for Destiny is stored on servers. Makes factory resetting my PS4 that much easier.

Steroyd

Currently soloing the nightfall. Feel free to hop in. PS4: SharkJAW. Also totally interested in doing a hard mode raid if anyone else is.

Poop was a little late lol.

Anyway same concept, I'm currently soloing Nightfall, on PS4 interested in hard raid at lvl 28, PSN Steroyd yada yada.

Going to be getting the weeklies out the way tonight, Nightfall/Heroic and if enough around will attempt the raid. Should be on from about 7pm GMT if anyone is up for it.

Shito

anyone still farm the public events on earth (i.e. :00 & :30 mothyards / :10 & :40 forgotten shore)?

there use to be a :15 & :45 public event over at the divide (one of those walkers) but hasn't been dropping lately. was there any change announced or found out within the last few updates?
Remember that for a public event to happen, it needs a player in its zone about 5 minutes before. If you're late on that and are the only one in the zone, you then have a sliding window of another 5 minutes where the event will happen.
ie: if you get to the zone 3 minutes before the start of an event, and are the only one in the zone, the event will happen 2 minutes late.

Now I'm not sure 5 minutes are the exact value, but using this rule I've always had events happening to me.

MechDX

So I finally got enough Vanguard marks to buy the Shadow Price (caps are dumb!). That gun is just awesome. Eats the enemies alive. Wish it had more rounds on the clip though.

TTG

Armor piercing rounds(not my video)

http://youtu.be/ZNBK5pCNI6o

Wonder if it works with my shadow price, gotta remember this for tomorrow.

I'm not very familiar with snipers in the crucible, are you commenting on the damage(seems like a one shot kill, head shot or not) or is there suppose to be a barrier between the trees that are blocking line of sight and the player he/she are shooting?

edit: never mind, video title herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2fIHYLBPA&list=UU1U3tyoqz4vdLMTONYrrVBg&index=2

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Destiny was good to me today. Got the exotic titan chest from nightfall and the raid gloves.

Now I have all the pieces and shards to hit 30. Just need more exp.

Anybody know the fastest exp grind?

Tekku

Holy crap, the Lord High Fixer. I've never been happier about spending 150 crucible marks. What a beast in both PvE and PvP. Incredible range and target acquisition.

OK, so did I miss the memo or is it silly to play skirmish without a vex mytho?

lvl 24 need would love some ppl to crucible or weekly with

Also: tips on the 500 void dmg in crucible bounty?

<3

PSN ufokidd

Obscured

Same happened to me and the get 10 kills without dying, got a 10 kill streak without the bounty equipped, I was pissed.

Bungie, plz, increase how many bounties you can hold, between bounties for modes that aren't available on the day and exotics, holding 5 at a time is a piss poor number especially if we have to jump to the tower everytime we clear a bounty.

I forgot about the 10 streak! I got that too and of course don't have the bounty.

In all of the crucible games I only saw one legendary pop for someone. I'd like a good hand cannon, but more than that I want more shaders.

darthbob

This is why I hate playing with randoms.

HV6B0fF.jpg

bbfp.gif

milkham

interesting couple days of rngesus, got a second The Last Word, a Hawkmoon, shadow price,and thunderdevil shader

SharkJAW

I am JELLY.

Sorry we couldn't get it done earlier.
No worries, man. Still enjoyed playing with you.
Congrats man. I saw it pop up and was like OMG is that me? Nooooooo it's not. Then I was just happy someone got it
A great feeling, it is. I almost gave up on getting it.
Congrats, wish I would get the Suros Regime. Got an exotic helmet :(
Thanks, man. Just noticed your name/avatar. Monster fan?

23qwerty

Finally got my first Exotic bounty, and it's for a machine gun called Super Good Advice. Looks pretty awesome and looks like a super easy bounty compared to a lot of the other ones I've seen people talk about.

kaiiri

Remember that for a public event to happen, it needs a player in its zone about 5 minutes before. If you're late on that and are the only one in the zone, you then have a sliding window of another 5 minutes where the event will happen.
ie: if you get to the zone 3 minutes before the start of an event, and are the only one in the zone, the event will happen 2 minutes late.

Now I'm not sure 5 minutes are the exact value, but using this rule I've always had events happening to me.

oh that makes sense. most of the time when i'm bored and farming public events more often than not I am by myself in the zone so that could very well be. especially since i'm going from the forgotten shore to the divide in under 5 mins that would make sense.

though I do swear I do end up getting there in the time limit and waiting around 10 mins and nothing still showing up (just the divide one, the others still usually always show up. unless the bikers show up instead)

-------------------------------

separate question: anyone buy the legendary speeder vanguard bikes? worth it? I don't have anything left I want to buy using marks (besides gear to dismantle) and was thinking of picking one up.

TTG

What else would you spend marks on?

I think 100 would be more reasonable. A week's worth of work/cap for a legendary weapon. And I still think there should be drops based on merit, tied to the harder medals for example. Is it an insurmountable obstacle to gate it based on if there are fireteams in the current match? That would essentially eliminate cheating the system.

Finally got my first Exotic bounty, and it's for a machine gun called Super Good Advice. Looks pretty awesome and looks like a super easy bounty compared to a lot of the other ones I've seen people talk about.

The recoil is a bit high, but yeah, it's pretty easy to obtain.

SharkJAW

Last Word requires spirit bloom :( Easily most annoying farm material. Thorn's gonna take a nice vacation in the vault. I'm probably gonna stick with atheon's epilogue until it's fully upgraded for hard mode raid runs.

It's not that great, but it is by far easiest bounty to complete. Make you use slow fire machine gun and get headshot kills to get those 500 points quick. The Mothyards is a great place to do it. Too me around 40 minutes.

Milennia

Deciding to do my hard mode raid much earlier tomorrow, as I have something to do around 10 now.

Unsure of when but around 4 est

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom