• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Raiders!

Add me on PS4 if you want to do it this week

Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

I have done the Raid twice on Hard. Once all the way through and once just at Atheon. Have worked with a group that successfully knocked Atheon off at the end.

Trace

Banned
Got to level 28, got a new exotic gauntlet from nightfall, got a new legendary auto rifle from a blue engram.. Destiny liked me today.

I don't play for a week and RNG smiles on me, it's a good feeling.

2real4tv

Last Word requires spirit bloom :( Easily most annoying farm material. Thorn's gonna take a nice vacation in the vault. I'm probably gonna stick with atheon's epilogue until it's fully upgraded for hard mode raid runs.

I think it is one of the easiest just go to Venus just outside last weeks Nightfall entrance. Where all the Vex and Fallen are fighting and do a loop, it worked for me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Last Word requires spirit bloom :( Easily most annoying farm material. Thorn's gonna take a nice vacation in the vault. I'm probably gonna stick with atheon's epilogue until it's fully upgraded for hard mode raid runs.

I thiink it's the easiest because it stands out glowing from a distance, some of the others are a nightmare to spot.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Best one are who drop their vehicle to grab enemy flag or just bee lines it to the enemy area, dies, gives vehicle to the other side, thanks, now they have 2 pikes roaming...

First Light used to be a bitch and half with 2 Interceptors, god forbid they controlled both...

Playing control with vehicles is cruel and unusual.

LordofPwn

Did Iron Banner for a bit, last match I did, 4 of my teammates had SUROS, opposing team had SUROS and the Mythoclast. Used my scout, held my own. Team still lost. The other 6 matches I played my team won once. Already turning into one of those weeks.

haven't seen a legendary engram in days, had an exotic helm for nightfall reward (the nothing special warlock one that Xur sold) I feel as though RNGesus has forsaken me.

Got the team on my back dog
10477773_304026459804114_6922493524649362092_o.jpg

Cob32

This game needs more PVE factions. Please Bungie, do it.

They should scrap the seperate crucible and vanguard marks. Should unite them under the name of guardian marks and set the cap at 200 per week. Then adjust the rep gains for the current factions to suit this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally got my first Exotic bounty, and it's for a machine gun called Super Good Advice. Looks pretty awesome and looks like a super easy bounty compared to a lot of the other ones I've seen people talk about.

Fun Bounty, very easy, but Jesus the recoil is like the ground beneath you just got a 8.0 tremor right at your position

I got the bounty again, picking it up just to see if I get the same gun with same element, if so, I'll just dismantle for Ass Energy, might do it for the first one too (might!)

Omg, are you serious? I want all of those so bad. Expect the Shadow Price, I got that from last weeks Nightfall. :)

RNG gave me Universal Remote, Hard Light, Unfriendly Giant, Steel Oracle, Final Boss and another legendary scout rifle I can't recall in the last 4 days. In addition to Gjallarhorn, Pocket Infinity, Super Good advice, Suros Regime, Invective, Bad Juju, The Swarm, Zombie apocalypse, The Devil You Know, Judgement, Nemesis, Grim Citizen III and The Calming. I'm not even concerned with getting better guns any more. I don't even know if I will be able to level up all the stuff I have now. Exotic sniper rifle and The Last Word are the only things left on my wish list.

milkham

Omg, are you serious? I want all of those so bad. Expect the Shadow Price, I got that from last weeks Nightfall. :)

too bad we can't trade, i can't bear to dismantle the last word but not sure i want to upgrade a second one

edit:
do you get double the rewards for doing the raid once on hard or do you have to do normal and hard?

JNA

Banned
Hard Raiders!

Add me on PS4 if you want to do it this week

Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

I have done the Raid twice on Hard. Once all the way through and once just at Atheon. Have worked with a group that successfully knocked Atheon off at the end.

I messenged you.

About to be lv 29 Warlock myself.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Spirit Bloom is hella' easy to get, just go left from the Patrol starting point, make that bend to next new area, there's you loop, just run around going through the caves and the blooms that spawn around the area, get 120+ every hour, including Public Time Events

I hate that the exotic bounty for Invective forces me into pvp. It sucks for me and whatever team gets stuck with me. I've played 53 or so hours and not one second of pvp until tonight. I have to get +25 and after 3 matches I'm at +1. I don't even know how I got to +1 with my best kdr being .67.

They need that remote play feature on PS4 so someone else can do it for me.

milkham

I hate that the exotic bounty for Invective forces me into pvp. It sucks for me and whatever team gets stuck with me. I've played 53 or so hours and not one second of pvp until tonight. I have to get +25 and after 3 matches I'm at +1. I don't even know how I got to +1 with my best kdr being .67.

try doing control, grab heavy ammo, get your machine gun and defend a capture point

kaiiri

i'm in the exact same boat. I've had 3 (or was it 4..) exotic bounties and only finished the pocket infinity one as all the others required me to pvp... = /

SharkJAW

Spirit Bloom is hella' easy to get, just go left from the Patrol starting point, make that bend to next new area, there's you loop, just run around going through the caves and the blooms that spawn around the area, get 120+ every hour, including Public Time Events
Thanks, I was going all the way to the right with the broken ruins and stuff.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So what's better, the faster fire rate or the Suros Regime buff?

The buff. Play Iron Banner with a fully upgraded Suros. Its gotten to the point where I'll intentionally empty out half my clip at the start of the match. Enemy goes down in 2 hits and the large impact each bullet brings keeps me (relatively) safe.

The buff. Play Iron Banner with a fully upgraded Suros. Its gotten to the point where I'll intentionally empty out half my clip at the start of the match. Enemy goes down in 2 hits and the large impact each bullet brings keeps me (relatively) safe.

What exactly is the damage bonus on the bottom half of the Suros clip?

Marvel

could never
Looking forward to getting to play some more Iron Banner today, got some good footage of my Defender bubble and the twonks coming inside of it lol.

i'm in the exact same boat. I've had 3 (or was it 4..) exotic bounties and only finished the pocket infinity one as all the others required me to pvp... = /

Well I'm glad to hear the pocket infinity one doesn't require pvp.

try doing control, grab heavy ammo, get your machine gun and defend a capture point
Yep I'm definitely only playing Control. I have a hard time playing defensive though. I'm trying an auto rifle + shotgun combo for now and hopefully I'll improve enough eventually to get it.

The Goat

Ran the raid for the first time tnite. Man, I really liked it. We stopped at the 2nd area, after the platforming bit. It was a feeling I haven't had in quite a while with a game. Running through this unknown labyrinth, my buddies beside me, all shooting the shit. Such an awesome experience. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Carn82

I finally finished that yesterday, thanks to some GAF-tips (for Control):
- dont rush to control points
- don't try to control, try to find some spots where you are relatively safe and can hit some people

I was stuck on a K/D-ratio between 15 and 22; but the above did the trick for me.

bosseye

Sigh.

I think I'm about done with Destiny now.

I'm still labouring along with Rare gear at level 24 - I've given up praying to RNGesus and Rahool to give me anything of worth, so the only option is (I guess?) to start properly farming/grinding for marks to buy myself the gear I want. I have 66 Crucible marks, enough for say a Warlock legendary chest, but I'm not even crucible rank 1 and you need to be rank 2 to buy gear. Grinding the cruible is not quite for me, I'm pretty bad at anything other than Control, so will take me hours to rank up.

So maybe I'll farm Vanguard marks instead - you need a similar amount of marks to start buying gear and I'm just vanguard level 1 with just under 2000 reputation to go to rank 2 which will let me buy gear; but just looking at the vanguard bounties I have going and the ones available, I don't know if I have the time or inclination to grind really.

I have 3 vanguard bounties at the moment that will likely take me an hour to complete and will give me the sum total of +250 vanguard reputation. At that rate its going to take me 7-8 hours just to get the reputation to get to vanguard rank 2, just so I can buy one measly legendary chest.

I'm just not sure I have the time to put into it when theres loads of other games I want to play coming up and inclination is low as I can see me doing the same things over and over again in the same locations which is just going to get repetitive.

I'm torn really. Trade now whilst I can get £29 for it and go for something else, or just sit on it and grind it out a couple of hours at a time over the next few months? I'm curiously attached to my lurid purple warlock and strangely pleased I got to Level 24 at all. I have really loved Destiny, but the rewards are becoming just too random or too grindy for my personal tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom