• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Will I get shards if I buy a purple class item (warlock bond) and scrap it? It is the cheapest thing a vendor sells and I am sitting at 200 and 193 marks right now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
most concrete way to get shards is dismantling vendor bought armor. the daily heroic is either shards or energy too, per character.

Just to say he's talking about Vendors as in Faction using your Marks, which you can go grab Legendary gear and Dismantle them, unless I missed something or am out of the loop about them being given out somewhere else...

I think body gives the most right?, head isn't worth it for the price it costs, cause you can buy 2 pieces of body and still save 20 marks if you buy head

Wow, so turns out nothing Destiny related will download, even after I deleted everything. If I have to end up wiping my PS4, I am not going to be happy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
public events. don't forget public events.
the daily yeah, good point, also per character. grinding them for a last one or two is also possible but... i mean you can get nothing, so yeah.
Just to say he's talking about Vendors as in Faction using your Marks, which you can go grab Legendary gear and Dismantle them, unless I missed something or am out of the loop about them being given out somewhere else...

I think body gives the most right?, head isn't worth it for the price it costs, cause you can buy 2 pieces of body and still save 20 marks if you buy head
so far as I know chest boots and gauntlet are the same price (65 marks) and yield the same shards (2-3)... haven't tested each type though.

The hunt for the Last Word or Hawkmoon continues...

I'm gonna scream like a girl if it pops up somewhere for me, especially after a Crucible match. Two of my primary exotics came from the Crucible. PVE is failing me right now.

GraveRobberX

Will I get shards if I buy a purple class item (warlock bond) and scrap it? It is the cheapest thing a vendor sells and I am sitting at 200 and 193 marks right now.

Yes that's how you get more

Don't go running now, make sure to read a few posts more for the most shards possible from which item

I would just grab 3 bodies and spend 195 off the 200, and get 193 to 195 if you can and dismantle 6 pieces

raindoc

Public events feel so random tho not even the timer sites seems sure when they spawn.
true, but the sites work more often than not. just grab a couple of friends and have some fun. fuck shit up, do some missions, wait for events. on sunday I got ascendant energy from every 2nd or 3rd gold tier event i completed.

JNA

Banned
Yes that's how you get more

Don't go running now, make sure to read a few posts more for the most shards possible from which item

I would just grab 3 bodies and spend 195 off the 200, and get 193 to 195 if you can and dismantle 6 pieces

Wait, you can dismantle Legendary Warlock bonds and get Shards out of it!? 0_0 please tell me I'm reading that correctly.

GraveRobberX

Wait, you can dismantle Legendary Warlock bonds and get Shards out of it!? 0_0 please tell me I'm reading that correctly.

Yes, all those purple item once dismantled give you Ascendant Materials

Gear gives Shards, Weapons Energy

wow that sucks man! did this corrupt after an update?

All I know is, I hadn't been at my PS4 for a couple days. I get home, I turn it on, but i didn't switch the input on my monitor over, as I was watching some Netflix while I ate. When I do switch over, I see a notification saying the Destiny Update failed. I tried many times to re-download it, but it never worked. After rebuilding the database, I had to download a lot of updates for some other games, and so far, they all work fine. But NOTHING Destiny related will download AT ALL, even after I deleted all things Destiny off my HDD.

Well, except for my saved pictures and videos. But would those really prevent me from downloading anything?

Qwell

Sorry about the 2x wipes on the nightfall guys :( even at lvl 27 with 1200 defense I just feel so squishy.

Sofa King

Finished the raid for the first time. My question is, if I do it again on normal this week, will I have zero chance to get any rewards?

Futaba

My poor brain, my poor, poor brain.

This convosation just happened, i don't know if i should laugh or cry, his screen name redacted for your general saftey.

Him: Why are you still playing that shit game?
Futaba: which are you talking about
Him: Destiny, it sucks
Him: no story and u can beat it in a day
Futaba: have you played it?
Him: yea i got to max level on first day
Futaba: all the raid gear and stuff in one day?
Him: Yeah once i got all the stuff and hit level 50 I stopped playing
Him: Traded it in and bought fifa never going to play again
Futaba: holy cow, you got to level 50? i'm only level 29..
Him: yeah haha you must be slow or smth
Futaba: Perhaps you can give me some tips to help me level up then
Futaba: What's the best gun to use?
Him: Probably the MP5 idk ijust blazed through lol
Futaba: oh i'll keep an eye out for one of those, what class were you rolling?
Him: it was a drop from a boss lol
Him: I went with guardian because they have the best armor
Futaba: Well i don't know what to say man, i'm impressed
Him: Dont worry u'll get there eventually
Him: U shud just give up and play a better game
Him: insted of a stupid halo wannabe
Futaba: Duly noted, thanks.
Him: np

Yes, all those purple item once dismantled give you Ascendant Materials

Gear gives Shards, Weapons Energy

No, class items do not give shards. Don't mistake CLASS ARMOR for CLASS ITEMS.

The Warlock bond, Titan kitchen towel, and Hunter cloak do NOT give shards when you dismantle them.

Please read this carefully everyone.

The cheapest things you can buy to get shards dismantling them are the chest/arms/legs at 65 marks each.

I knew about gear and weapons. I just wasn't sure about Bonds.

God damn it!

I need an official conformation! XD

Official confirmation: No, Bonds do NOT give ascendant materials. Not even the class item from the raid does, as I've gotten it in triplicate and broke two of them down.

ONLY Chest, Head, Arms, and Feet give ascendant shards.

DjRalford

All I know is, I hadn't been at my PS4 for a couple days. I get home, I turn it on, but i didn't switch the input on my monitor over, as I was watching some Netflix while I ate. When I do switch over, I see a notification saying the Destiny Update failed. I tried many times to re-download it, but it never worked. After rebuilding the database, I had to download a lot of updates for some other games, and so far, they all work fine. But NOTHING Destiny related will download AT ALL, even after I deleted all things Destiny off my HDD.

Well, except for my saved pictures and videos. But would those really prevent me from downloading anything?

There's an update ToS that came out yesterday, log out and back in and it should ask you to accept.

If not log into the Web store to accept it, stuff should start downloading again after that.

Yu Narukami

Need some tips for Nightfall please. Getting my ass kicked at final boss. There are just too many one-shotting adds. Would it make a difference in survivability if I upgraded to level 29?

Need some tips for Nightfall please. Getting my ass kicked at final boss. There are just too many one-shotting adds. Would it make a difference in survivability if I upgraded to level 29?

A little, but not necessary. Your best bet is to hide in the little inlet part where you first jump down. Enemies rarely come over there, and usually it's the invisi-ninjas. If they come just jump up to the upper ledge and shoot their asses.

From there you can peak around the corner and take pot shots at the boss. It may take a while, but it's soloable at level 28, even 27.

Audible

Banned

Use elemental weapons. Hide at the cliff where you drop off to enter the boss area. Blade dancer invisibility is a God send. Get 2 other players as well and have one guy be the medic.

HighOnPCP

My poor brain, my poor, poor brain.

This convosation just happened, i don't know if i should laugh or cry, his screen name redacted for your general saftey.

a5dnpRg_460sa.gif

edit: fifa

ytZks.gif

There's an update ToS that came out yesterday, log out and back in and it should ask you to accept.

If not log into the Web store to accept it, stuff should start downloading again after that.

Logged out and logged back in, both on console and at the web store, no prompt for a ToS update, and every single other update is downloading just fine. It's just Destiny that won't work. Well actually, now my Outlast won't update.

What screwed up my PS4 so badly? Why are half of my updates working and half of them aren't?

kaiiri

anyone still farm the public events on earth (i.e. :00 & :30 mothyards / :10 & :40 forgotten shore)?

there use to be a :15 & :45 public event over at the divide (one of those walkers) but hasn't been dropping lately. was there any change announced or found out within the last few updates?

Paertan

true, but the sites work more often than not. just grab a couple of friends and have some fun. fuck shit up, do some missions, wait for events. on sunday I got ascendant energy from every 2nd or 3rd gold tier event i completed.

If you are really looking to be efficient then two or three guys spreading out on Cosmodrome is great.

For example you can have one guy in Steppes. One in Divide and one in Rockeyard. Pick up patrol missions and wait for event.
Pick up scan mission in Divide that ends in Rocketyard? Well guy in Rocketyard scans.
All can do kill or droppped items missions.
As soon as event starts in Steppes or Divide all have enough time to get there.

Next is Mothyard/Skywatch/Forgotten Shore. Same procedure.

Futaba

If you are really looking to be efficient then two or three guys spreading out on Cosmodrome is great.

For example you can have one guy in Steppes. One in Divide and one in Rockeyard. Pick up patrol missions and wait for event.
Pick up scan mission in Divide that ends in Rocketyard? Well guy in Rocketyard scans.
All can do kill or droppped items missions.
As soon as event starts in Steppes or Divide all have enough time to get there.

Next is Mothyard/Skywatch/Forgotten Shore. Same procedure.

that sounds like brutal efficiency

Obscured

Dammit, I didn't pick the get the top score in iron banner bounty because I thought I had no chance and I just did it twice. I guess my weapons are better than I thought. Crucible is a different MP experience than I thought it would be but I'm warming up to it.

GraveRobberX

that sounds like brutal efficiency

How else would people get to Vanguard rank 8+
Triple Teaming Patrols can net you 500-800 every hour easily

So 1-2 hours a day for a week, you just upped your faction real high, repeat process with others, only one you have to work your ass off for is Crucible

ethomaz

Banned
A raid gear.

Bye bye Awesome Exotic Sunsinger Chest... I got a Legendary Raid Chest... so I will use the Sunbreaker.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish my superpower was to be able to throw my controller through my tv and hit the asshole on my team who jumps on a vehicle and goes 3 and 18 every game.

GraveRobberX

I wish my superpower was to be able to throw my controller through my tv and hit the asshole on my team who jumps on a vehicle and goes 3 and 18 every game.

Best one are who drop their vehicle to grab enemy flag or just bee lines it to the enemy area, dies, gives vehicle to the other side, thanks, now they have 2 pikes roaming...

First Light used to be a bitch and half with 2 Interceptors, god forbid they controlled both...

SharkJAW

Currently soloing the nightfall. Feel free to hop in. PS4: SharkJAW. Also totally interested in doing a hard mode raid if anyone else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom