• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgey

A friend and I both created new characters and entered the Iron Banner as a joke.
Stat bonuses are supposed to be a thing? We didn't have double jumps, power melee or supers and we did better than two of the guys on our team. What!?
c3Zmb.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What exactly is the damage bonus on the bottom half of the Suros clip?

The Attack is 300 (fully upgraded)

So say if the first 17 Bullets do 300 damage, then the next bullets start increasing damage in increments

Like when I was pegging Atheon in hi belly, my numbers start jumping rapidly
It went from 274 first bullet to 429 for my last bullet, all critical

Sent a request. Currently doing the weekly heroic, though.

Doing Iron Banner, so we both busy at the moment

I finally finished that yesterday, thanks to some GAF-tips (for Control):
- dont rush to control points
- don't try to control, try to find some spots where you are relatively safe and can hit some people

I was stuck on a K/D-ratio between 15 and 22; but the above did the trick for me.

Thanks I'll try it like that and just play defensive I suppose. Bleh.

yup! you have to dismantle 10 rare fusion rifles. then kill like 100 people in nightfall.
Hmm I think I have like 2 or 3 rare fusion rifles in my vault. It'll take me forever but I'll start saving more of those now then for when I get that bounty. Thanks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The buff. Play Iron Banner with a fully upgraded Suros. Its gotten to the point where I'll intentionally empty out half my clip at the start of the match. Enemy goes down in 2 hits and the large impact each bullet brings keeps me (relatively) safe.
Hrm, alright. I'm a far way from upgrading it anyway, but it's already a crazily good AR.

(Although I still wish I got the Ice Breaker instead)

GraveRobberX

yup! you have to dismantle 10 rare fusion rifles. then kill like 100 people in nightfall.

200 enemies, not 100
This week it's easy cause it's Vex/Fallen so just go HAM with Arc/Void/Burn, cause all 3 element modifiers are up, so it's awesome

Cabal is the worst with the Phalanx >_< (Shield Dudes)

doomquake

I hate that the exotic bounty for Invective forces me into pvp. It sucks for me and whatever team gets stuck with me. I've played 53 or so hours and not one second of pvp until tonight. I have to get +25 and after 3 matches I'm at +1. I don't even know how I got to +1 with my best kdr being .67.

They need that remote play feature on PS4 so someone else can do it for me.
Invextive is pretty awesome in PvP tho. So maybe you will enjoy it more once you earn it. That sound sends fear through the map.

Done the raid on a hunter 7 times now and still don't have 3 raid armor pieces. So there's that. Meanwhile my friend has done it 4 times and gets 3 pieces. Praise be to rngesus.

GraveRobberX

Hmm I think I have like 2 or 3 rare fusion rifles in my vault. It'll take me forever but I'll start saving more of those now then for when I get that bounty. Thanks.

Gunsmith sometime sells them too at, 1600-1800+ Glimmer a pop
Have 15,000+ Glimmer saved up just in case

Already have Pocket Infinity, but Exotic Bounties are repeating for me, if I get Shattered Memory Fragment again, gonna pick it up, have 10 Rare Fusion Rifles, 5 gotten from drops, 5 I bought

I had to spend my glimmer somewhere, I hit cap too fucking easily >_<
Farm so much, that chests + dismantle really get me back way too quick

Sigh.

I think I'm about done with Destiny now.

I'm still labouring along with Rare gear at level 24 - I've given up praying to RNGesus and Rahool to give me anything of worth, so the only option is (I guess?) to start properly farming/grinding for marks to buy myself the gear I want. I have 66 Crucible marks, enough for say a Warlock legendary chest, but I'm not even crucible rank 1 and you need to be rank 2 to buy gear. Grinding the cruible is not quite for me, I'm pretty bad at anything other than Control, so will take me hours to rank up.

So maybe I'll farm Vanguard marks instead - you need a similar amount of marks to start buying gear and I'm just vanguard level 1 with just under 2000 reputation to go to rank 2 which will let me buy gear; but just looking at the vanguard bounties I have going and the ones available, I don't know if I have the time or inclination to grind really.

I have 3 vanguard bounties at the moment that will likely take me an hour to complete and will give me the sum total of +250 vanguard reputation. At that rate its going to take me 7-8 hours just to get the reputation to get to vanguard rank 2, just so I can buy one measly legendary chest.

I'm just not sure I have the time to put into it when theres loads of other games I want to play coming up and inclination is low as I can see me doing the same things over and over again in the same locations which is just going to get repetitive.

I'm torn really. Trade now whilst I can get £29 for it and go for something else, or just sit on it and grind it out a couple of hours at a time over the next few months? I'm curiously attached to my lurid purple warlock and strangely pleased I got to Level 24 at all. I have really loved Destiny, but the rewards are becoming just too random or too grindy for my personal tastes.

I'm also level 24 and going nowhere fast but I'd say to hang in there and keep at it. I've had 7 purple engram drops over 53 hours, 3 were gear for a class I'm not, 3 were ascendant shards or energy or whatever they turn in to...and tonight I finally got one I can use. The Final Boss sniper rifle. I've said it a few times now but they have to change the purple drops so they are usable by your class. It really sucks finally getting one only for it to be something useless to you.

I also finally got my first Exotic Bounty tonight. So both of those things are keeping me playing for now.

Do you have all Rustburner Level 20 gear with +15 Light? I've been here for awhile and I'm almost positive it's the best you can get with rare gear. Glad I got something new tonight though or I might be in the same boat as you.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone doing the raid in a bit?

I'd really really like to beat it for the first time, I've only ever gotten to Atheon.

Lvl 29 Hunter on PS4 PSN Klyka1

I'll be online in like 20min or so

Done the raid on a hunter 7 times now and still don't have 3 raid armor pieces. So there's that. Meanwhile my friend has done it 4 times and gets 3 pieces. Praise be to rngesus.

i still havent seen a single exotic bounty, i dont even believe they even exist, they are those trolls on online forums like Gaf Gold! :D

Phear

Done the Raid 4 times. One yellow Fuion Rifle (Plan C), 3 times White Shader, 4 times the same hunter cloak, and only shards and energy despite that...Tell me about RNGesus!

i still havent seen a single exotic bounty, i dont even believe they even exist, they are those trolls on online forums like Gaf Gold! :D

Neither did i.

I'm sitting at 90 hours playtime. Not a single second of which i had been lucky - up until yesterday. Plan C as Raid reward is pretty awesome.

Did my first nightfall with a random group. I solo'd the heroic, middle difficulty, so I figured why not.

Ended up getting the Suros, which I already have. BUT, that's pretty awesome, cus now I can have a fully upgraded one AND one without the slower rate of fire while zoomed.

Also, was given my third exotic bounty...it's too bad I don't really want these exotics from these bounties though. I mean, they're alright I guess. I'll take it.

Finished my first raid the other night, too. Easily the best part of the game by miles. I ended up going into 3 or so groups until I landed in one that was successful. Had fun every time, but there was always at least one ass in the group. I imagine if you did a raid with 5 other legit friends it would be amazing. Still was a blast.

Carn82

I'm sitting at 90 hours playtime. Not a single second of which i had been lucky - up until yesterday. Plan C as Raid reward is pretty awesome.

I've had two so far ;o They tend to appear when bringing in multiple bounties at once (in my case)

Shoutout to rayuma and Ashley_US(don't know your GAF name :/) for helping me with the nightfall!

I never imagined I'd be disappointed not to get ass shards but I ended up with a legendary sniper rifle I've had since I hit lvl 20 as my reward :(

After solely getting shards as my reward from the last two weeks in the raid and nightsfalls I'm feeling a little forsaken by RNGesus

Is the nightfall strike even possible without the starting area exploit? We tried yesterday and failed miserably. As soon as the sword enemies start to drop our group was done for.

kaiiri

Thanks I'll try it like that and just play defensive I suppose. Bleh.

as others mentioned the gunsmith sells them occasionally. I got lucky as he was selling them the same day I got the bounty and just stocked up.

Phear

I've had two so far ;o They tend to appear when bringing in multiple bounties at once (in my case)

Not for me. I've never turned in less than 3 bounties at least.

But well... i stopped caring. I bought some legit stuff from Dead Orbit and got the Plan C yesterday. At least, i can get the "Fully upgrade an exotic weapon" Trophy now. Missing out on a purple/yellow heavy weapon, which i will buy at the Vanguard Vendor soon. Then i'm fine. Fuck RNG, i'm making my own luck.

Footos22

I know this feel.

Ive done it twice i just need a cuirass of the hezen lords and ill be 30 in no time.

Might just try hard mode raid at 29 instead. fly thorugh normal raid like its nothing.
Joint a gaffer and his group of friends switched to their clan, knocked the trophies out at the same time.

Doing raid without anyone not dying should be changed to group not wiping instead as its grade a bs.

Ken

Is the nightfall strike even possible without the starting area exploit? We tried yesterday and failed miserably. As soon as the sword enemies start to drop our group was done for.

starting area expoit? i just did the safe spot under platform thing

Footos22

I used the platform at the back where the bvandal usually stands. you can get under it from the front corner. then theres a dip at the back you can drop in and use as cover. pop out and fire a few rounds off then go back in. No other enemies bother you they usually hang around on top of the platform lol

Sigh.

I'm still labouring along with Rare gear at level 24 - I've given up praying to RNGesus and Rahool to give me anything of worth, so the only option is (I guess?) to start properly farming/grinding for marks to buy myself the gear I want. I have 66 Crucible marks, enough for say a Warlock legendary chest, but I'm not even crucible rank 1 and you need to be rank 2 to buy gear. Grinding the cruible is not quite for me, I'm pretty bad at anything other than Control, so will take me hours to rank up.

So maybe I'll farm Vanguard marks instead - you need a similar amount of marks to start buying gear and I'm just vanguard level 1 with just under 2000 reputation to go to rank 2 which will let me buy gear; but just looking at the vanguard bounties I have going and the ones available, I don't know if I have the time or inclination to grind really.

I have 3 vanguard bounties at the moment that will likely take me an hour to complete and will give me the sum total of +250 vanguard reputation. At that rate its going to take me 7-8 hours just to get the reputation to get to vanguard rank 2, just so I can buy one measly legendary chest.

I'm just not sure I have the time to put into it when theres loads of other games I want to play coming up and inclination is low as I can see me doing the same things over and over again in the same locations which is just going to get repetitive.

I'm torn really. Trade now whilst I can get £29 for it and go for something else, or just sit on it and grind it out a couple of hours at a time over the next few months? I'm curiously attached to my lurid purple warlock and strangely pleased I got to Level 24 at all. I have really loved Destiny, but the rewards are becoming just too random or too grindy for my personal tastes.
RNGesus at it's best. Was thinking like you a couple of time and then last weekend got 3 exotics.... It's literally like...

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

But you can get easily 3 legendary + 1 exotic gear in 2 weeks time, so it's not that bad IMO.

areal

I just collected my second Invective shotgun from Ikora. I'm not sure what to do with it, but I couldn't refuse the bounty.

starting area expoit? i just did the safe spot under platform thing
I mean the cliff where you drop into the boss area. You can jump up again and lure the boss there, which gives you the chance to shoot him without being exposed to the sword vandals/captains and the snipers.

JNA

Banned
Ive done it twice i just need a cuirass of the hezen lords and ill be 30 in no time.

Might just try hard mode raid at 29 instead. fly thorugh normal raid like its nothing.
Joint a gaffer and his group of friends switched to their clan, knocked the trophies out at the same time.

Doing raid without anyone not dying should be changed to group not wiping instead as its grade a bs.

I know, that trophy sounds impossible.

Although I'm also about to be lv 29, I'll do hard mode raid too if more people are interested. :D

A friend and I both created new characters and entered the Iron Banner as a joke.
Stat bonuses are supposed to be a thing? We didn't have double jumps, power melee or supers and we did better than two of the guys on our team. What!?

Why isn't everyone running around with the Khvostov? It's clearly the most OP gun in the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ive seen that mod on scout rifles and sniper rifles

The shoot stuff to pick up is a mod for long distance weapons so you can keep your tactical position and still collect ammunition and loot.

Not sure how useful it would be overall, but there have definitely been a few times on the harder content where it would have helped a great deal.

It could be magical for solo play.

kaiiri

Sigh.

I was in the same mind set a when I first hit 20. then I read some guys views on getting legendaries. you look at it as getting the rep gear is the MAIN way to get your legendaries... any random drops you get on the way is just BONUS. (this is outside of raids obviously as that is required to reach 30). once I started looking at it that way I (no joke) started enjoying the game more. I worked towards gaining rep / marks as fast as possible vs getting pissed at never getting a legendary to drop for me. and when they did drop all the sweeter.

Well, turns out all the problems I was having is NOT hardware related, which means I just wasted a bunch of time. I did just replace my modem on Friday, so it has to be related to that.

Still doesn't make sense why Destiny stuff wouldn't download, but other games would.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
To every poor soul out there doing the Thorn bounty. Use a fusion rifle for the 500 kills in crucible. Final Rest II (i think its the dead orbit variant) does wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom