• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know going into the gatekeeper portals alone was a thing.

todd and i soloed both portals simultaneously after doing them one after the other together wasn't working. defense was overwhelmed by both the second conflux and spawning oracle. this way cut their job in half.

I wonder how good this shit is lol...

VxhZkrr.png

My current legendary helmet has a similar perk and I love it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Thanks Bones and Kopyasu for the Nightfall. Even though my mic didn't work, we still made it... But damn it was hectic. :) Good stuff all around.

Once I get on a tangent with a Peter Griffin "What Grinds My Gear" motif, I just go everywhere, including the raising of my voice decibels, but I care for this game, I hurt things out of love =S

Had a fun time with Nightfall and Weekly, the cheese was real damn good, we even got sprinkled with a little bit of the elusive purple cheese =D
Thanks guys was a blasting shooting the shit and getting wins and loot in the process
Got an amazing Legendary Helm with crazy bonus lol, I'll go get a picture
Yeah that was good fun. Those cheesing spots certainly helped. With the 19 strange coins from those runs, I'm ready for Xur.

Also, that God of War shader looks awesome on your warlock.

dengatron

Anyone have a fully upgraded Hard Light? How does it compare to Suros? Thinking of interchanging as I just got one for completing Nightfall!
I have both. The recoil and range are the major downsides to hard light. Even with every perk to decrease recoil its still nothing compared to a shingen or the glory that is suros

Ugh, screw this. This is what I get for going digital. Guess I'll just have to redownload Destiny and play it tomorrow.

Screw you, corrupted data.

Can anyone help me out? I think one of the updates for Destiny got corrupted while downloading, and now it won't download. Is there anyway to delete it,or do I have to completely uninstall Destiny?

Go to the update file in your downloads and hit options and it should give you the option to delete. You might have to restart your ps4 to get it to download again afterwards.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have become legend tonight. I guess I'm done with the game?

Time to pack it up

Sell your glimmer to a RMT site, dismantle everything (make a youtube video doing it, to earn super extra brownie points), then delete character, right before expansion, when Blizzard Bungie will give you a level 30 Warlock free of charge if you buy there 2 expansion season pass, come back, repeat until you gained 40+ lbs and have a hard time getting up from chair to refill your Big Jug of you preferred gaming drink "Fuel"

RedFury

Alright I bitched all day about IB but it's not to bad I guess. Had some games with gaffers and strategy beats firepower every time. You have to play carefully and just accept your at a disadvantage. Pick your fights and you'll win. Got every bounty but the emblem one and head shot spree. GG guys.

Go to the update file in your downloads and hit options and it should give you the option to delete. You might have to restart your ps4 to get it to download again afterwards.

Did that. I deleted the update file from downloads, restarted, didn't work.

I also rebuilt the database, and that didn't work either.

I'm done trying to mess with this. I'm just gonna delete and redownload it tonight.

Haha yeah, as far as I know nobody understands what makes it spawn or not for sure, so if you figure anything out feel free to let us know!

A friend of mine (supposedly) watched a streaming group get it to spawn 4 times in a row. They had wipes. The only thing they did that he could put his finger on was that they had a titan drop his bubble onto wherever the boss was going to teleport next. So the boss was never able to teleport.

So the theory is, prevent the boss (templar) from ever teleporting by putting a titan's bubble onto wherever the red ring is and you'll get that 5th chest.

I cannot confirm if this is true.

ZangBa

Time to pack it up

Sell your glimmer to a RMT site, dismantle everything (make a youtube video doing it, to earn super extra brownie points), then delete character, right before expansion, when Blizzard Bungie will give you a level 30 Warlock free of charge if you buy there 2 expansion season pass, come back, repeat until you gained 40+ lbs and have a hard time getting up from chair to refill your Big Jug of you preferred gaming drink "Fuel"

That sounds exactly like something one of my favorite PvPers did.

A friend of mine (supposedly) watched a streaming group get it to spawn 4 times in a row. They had wipes. The only thing they did that he could put his finger on was that they had a titan drop his bubble onto wherever the boss was going to teleport next. So the boss was never able to teleport.

So the theory is, prevent the boss (templar) from ever teleporting by putting a titan's bubble onto wherever the red ring is and you'll get that 5th chest.

I cannot confirm if this is true.

Interesting. One theory is as good as another right now, at least this has some evidence. I would guess that you just have to prevent his teleports but the titan bubble shield is optional since anyone can just stand on his teleport to stop it. Worth a shot! haha

Tawpgun

Lost my raid virginity.

My group had previously made it to Templar without me but couldn't kill him before enrage.

This time I joined them and we made crazy good progress. We ended up taking Templar
Down pretty fast.

Gorgons and the platforming was uncharted territory, except for one dude that made it that far. We had some hilarious times on gorgon lol.

Atheon was a big brick wall when we came
To him. It got to be late so we called it quits for now. Gotta rethink the strategy for him. We could only ever make it though one cycle of time vengeance. Something would
Always fuck up the second time trough the portals

Got ass mats and the raid cloak for my troubles

Ken

Lost my raid virginity.

My group had previously made it to Templar without me but couldn't kill him before enrage.

This time I joined them and we made crazy good progress. We ended up taking Templar
Down pretty fast.

Gorgons and the platforming was uncharted territory, except for one dude that made it that far. We had some hilarious times on gorgon lol.

Atheon was a big brick wall when we came
To him. It got to be late so we called it quits for now. Gotta rethink the strategy for him. We could only ever make it though one cycle of time vengeance. Something would
Always fuck up the second time trough the portals

Got ass mats and the raid cloak fort troubles

First time I did Templar we hit enrage for like 5 minutes. So many explosions and death but still won lol.

ZangBa

Until they introduce gear that lets you get to level 31, sure.

Eh, probably not going to buy their cut content they want to sell back to me.

That's okay I guess. I'd better raid some more. Got gloves on my first play, but didn't get further than the place where there's two portals... It's all fun though!

I mostly got shards for everything so I didn't feel particularly lucky watching others get exotics and weapons back to back. The last boss usually gives you can use so just try to at least get him done every week.

Darkone

So i got a game last night from a friend for the PS4 but the game cannot connect, i get a Marionberry error code, anyone know a fix for this?

GraveRobberX

Any 1 need the last part of the Thorn Exotic Bounty, kill Xyor the Unwed

Have to keep boss alive till 4th wave, then kill wizard, we can leave but can also beat it in case we got goodies

Need at least 27+ please, it's Very Hard level 26 Strike

Rescinded, got 2

Nightfall down!

Got the exotic helmet I already own, woot

Good group Hawkian

And a rare heavy weapon engram turned into a legendary void rocket launcher Admonisher III!

It is, its just a recoil comparison. The hard light damage model makes it look like it would just be the exotic shingen but its not close.

I just got Hard Light tonight and I already have a fully upgraded Suros, but I'm excited to try it out once it gets leveled up. I've heard good things about it after the stability upgrade. It may not have the absolute best recoil reduction, but it is probably on par with my Shadow Price and I love that gun.

Midas

Eh, probably not going to buy their cut content they want to sell back to me.

I mostly got shards for everything so I didn't feel particularly lucky watching others get exotics and weapons back to back. The last boss usually gives you can use so just try to at least get him done every week.

Hehe yeah, many of them got weapons. But I don't have any problems with the way it's all random as long as I like playing. I do understand that other people see this in a different way, but I really wouldn't want to get everything I want in a bat of an eye anyway. Which is probably a result of the game not having enough content, so... :)

GraveRobberX

Is it 100% that you get purples from Nightfall?

Nope

I got a Purple to drop from a shank of all mobs, but the end screen, all 3 of us doing the NF received 3 Blue Engrams

It's not a guarantee, just a chance, it's the RNG factor that you have to play against

jay23

Can anyone provide a link of a good strategy for atheon phase 1 and 2. First week I completed it with an experienced group so I'm not sure what to do in the portals.

Ken

Nope

I got a Purple to drop from a shank of all mobs, but the end screen, all 3 of us doing the NF received 3 Blue Engrams

It's not a guarantee, just a chance, it's the RNG factor that you have to play against

wow i'm so glad this never happened to me or anyone i ran with

ended up grabbing the bad juju bounty. Hopefully bungie can make the gun a little better then it is now. I really dont ever use shotguns and I already have a hawkmoon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope

blue engrams, what. that would be the first i've ever heard of that, it's usually a legendary, exotic, ascendant energy or shards, or strange coins.

Spiders

Did the heroic and weekly last night with my Titan, and got 11 ascendant shards and a legendary shotgun. Not too bad.

Gonna do it again tonight with my Warlock.

GraveRobberX

ended up grabbing the bad juju bounty. Hopefully bungie can make the gun a little better then it is now. I really dont ever use shotguns and I already have a hawkmoon.

Well it's getting a buff, what kind, we don't know, it's still good to have, if the buff is miniscule, just dismantle, get energy

Hell I know I'm getting repeat exotic bounties now, already have Super Good Advice, got it again, I know I'll get the Pocket Infinity one again, already have 10 Rare fusion rifles for it ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom