• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a Vanguard Quartermaster that sells weapons apparently. I had no idea until just now while looking at the Tower in the Destiny app. Good to know after 53 hours of playing lol. I guess there is a reason to get to Vanguard Rank 3.

SharkJAW

Why isn't everyone running around with the Khvostov? It's clearly the most OP gun in the game.
You're probably joking but I used it in PvP from levels 1-18 on my alt or so. Suuuuper satisfying to use (means you outplayed your opponent basically every kill).

Loris146

So there's a Vanguard Quartermaster that sells weapons apparently. I had no idea until just now while looking at the Tower in the Destiny app. Good to know after 53 hours of playing lol. I guess there is a reason to get to Vanguard Rank 3.

It has good weapons like Shadow Price , one of the best auto rifle :)

Found this in a random chest on Moon

10682294_912659895430611_2518519269599885415_o.jpg

Gave it to Cryptarch who turned it into this..

So about that Iron Banner bounty with highest score...

Found this in a random chest on Moon

Gave it to Cryptarch who turned it into this..

So about that Iron Banner bounty with highest score...

Nice :D

I kinda hate you right now :I

Same. I once got an Exotic out of pure luck when I was still level 20. Since then, I haven't seen anything at all and I've played many hours since.

Never seen an exotic in game either :/ I must have the worst luck on here :I

no

a few marks, 25 rep

keep them for upgrades
It's easily worth it if you grind out earth patrol in The divide. Chests and spinmetal spawn really fast and I've never seen an upgrade using spinmetal. Even if there is one, you can grind that area and get it very, very fast while pulling public events and getting an extra 4 marks for each and getting 10-25 rep for each very easy patrol beacon quest. Also, I've had chests give me Ass Shards and Motes of Light.

Beats the hell out of flogging the same difficult strikes with unreliable randos.

Is it worth spending 50 materials with the vanguard quartermaster? What will I get from it?

Nope, unless you just have a truck ton of mats...talking over 200. You will use them eventually on an upgrade. Took me forever to find gear that used spinmetal, then all the sudden I was down below 100.

It's easily worth it if you grind out earth patrol in The divide. Chests and spinmetal spawn really fast and I've never seen an upgrade using spinmetal. Even if there is one, you can grind that area and get it very, very fast while pulling public events and getting an extra 4 marks for each and getting 10-25 rep for each very easy patrol beacon quest. Also, I've had chests give me Ass Shards and Motes of Light.

Beats the hell out of flogging the same difficult strikes with unreliable randos.

You'll max marks every week without even trying. Daily Story/Public Event, Weekly Nightfall Strike, Weekly Strike, Random Bounty that requires doing a strike, done. The cap is silly low for how easy it is to achieve every week. To make matters worse you screw yourself by capping early, I intentionally avoid strikes unless I have a bounty for them. Once you hit the mark cap for the week you can no longer get random shards/etc from additional public events.

The rep you get from materials is also exceptionally low considering how long it takes to do a single patrol quest.

jetsetrez

Man, I've come to terms with most of my frustrations with the game, but not having matchmaking for everything just pisses me off so much.

Raide

Bungie should be adding bounties to hunt monsters and have them spawn in different zones to give players a reason to go back. Or just mix up the bounties a bit more. All these PvP focused ones is depressing.

kaiiri

It's easily worth it if you grind out earth patrol in The divide. Chests and spinmetal spawn really fast and I've never seen an upgrade using spinmetal. Even if there is one, you can grind that area and get it very, very fast while pulling public events and getting an extra 4 marks for each. Also, I've had chests give me Ass Shards and Motes of Light.

there are upgrades that require spinmetal (all planet things are required in some legendary / exotic) ... and as mentioned you can easily grind them.. but imo you grinding the actual rep / mark is easier than collecting stuff like spinmetal.

this guy

Just got Young Ahamkara's Spine hunter gauntlets after beating the nightfall. I'm a Titan.... Guess it gives me incentive to level my hunter up since they do look cool.

WITHE1982

I'm level 26 and have never seen an exotic bounty. At what level do they start?

I was level 27 and 83 hours in before my first exotic bounty showed up. Don't know if it was just coincidence but I was handing in 5 bounties at the time, although I'd done that plenty of times before.

there are upgrades that require spinmetal (all planet things are required in some legendary / exotic) ... and as mentioned you can easily grind them.. but imo you grinding the actual rep / mark is easier than collecting stuff like spinmetal.

Nod, it is just a colossal waste of mats unless you are just sitting on 200+. Even then I would never turn in mats for rep/marks until Sunday/Monday.

You are going to run all that crap that gives rep/marks, cap early and you are basically getting less out of those dailies/bounties/strikes.

Rsinart

Finished the raid again.... and still no raid gear. Damn I want lvl 29/30. All I got was some shards and Vision of Confluence.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nod, it is just a colossal waste of mats unless you are just sitting on 200+. Even then I would never turn in mats for rep/marks until Sunday/Monday.

You are going to run all that crap that gives rep/marks, cap early and you are basically getting less out of those dailies/bounties/strikes.

Well I can farm up 150+ of each easily

Just 2 days of farming a total of 6 hours netted me 1200 Spinmetal lol

Just kept spending on Marks

kaiiri

guess it depends on what you prefer doing.. farming strike tiger for marks / rep or farming things like spinmetal. either way does indeed get your where you want to go. for me i'd rather shoot things tho. XD

Jaeyden

Sigh.

I think I'm about done with Destiny now.

I'm still labouring along with Rare gear at level 24 - I've given up praying to RNGesus and Rahool to give me anything of worth, so the only option is (I guess?) to start properly farming/grinding for marks to buy myself the gear I want. I have 66 Crucible marks, enough for say a Warlock legendary chest, but I'm not even crucible rank 1 and you need to be rank 2 to buy gear. Grinding the cruible is not quite for me, I'm pretty bad at anything other than Control, so will take me hours to rank up.

So maybe I'll farm Vanguard marks instead - you need a similar amount of marks to start buying gear and I'm just vanguard level 1 with just under 2000 reputation to go to rank 2 which will let me buy gear; but just looking at the vanguard bounties I have going and the ones available, I don't know if I have the time or inclination to grind really.

I have 3 vanguard bounties at the moment that will likely take me an hour to complete and will give me the sum total of +250 vanguard reputation. At that rate its going to take me 7-8 hours just to get the reputation to get to vanguard rank 2, just so I can buy one measly legendary chest.

I'm just not sure I have the time to put into it when theres loads of other games I want to play coming up and inclination is low as I can see me doing the same things over and over again in the same locations which is just going to get repetitive.

I'm torn really. Trade now whilst I can get £29 for it and go for something else, or just sit on it and grind it out a couple of hours at a time over the next few months? I'm curiously attached to my lurid purple warlock and strangely pleased I got to Level 24 at all. I have really loved Destiny, but the rewards are becoming just too random or too grindy for my personal tastes.

If you go out with a plan you can get rep so easily that it is nothing like a grind. Go to the bounty robot and look at the bounties. Usually three or four of them are basically "crossover" bounties, which means you can work on them all at once. Earn 9000 xp without dying, melee 30 enemy, do 6 patrol bounties in X area etc. Grab them all and go to X area and start doing only the patrol bounties that are for killing enemies they have certain symbols. They look like a star, a german cross and a little pyramid. They are basically kill any enemy, collect things off enemies and assassinate an enemy. You can finish one of these in a few minutes and move on to the next. Check all the caves or side rooms you find for chests. When you don't see the symbols anymore, move on to the next area. You will most likely run across a few public events, get a bunch of materials and XP for mote of lights while you are doing this. Just do this first thing when you log on everytime and you'll have rep in no time. I'm Level 6 with Vanguard and 3 with FWC and don't feel like rep is a grind at all.

I'm not saying you cannot do it, I'm saying I don't see the point.

Are you still doing weekly nightfall, daily story, weekly heroic strikes, bounties, daily public event? If so, you are gonna max on marks without farming spinmetal.

doomquake

Saladin`s tent is pretty damn shoddy. the sniper rifles are just standing, propped against nothing. and look like everything is a bunch of nameless white gear.

WITHE1982

I have no idea, but being primary sorta makes it useless for me. I would've happily traded for some legendary gauntlets if there was a trading system.

I ran with the Universal Remote as a primary in crucible for a while but, after fully upgrading it, I realized I just suck with shotguns so dismantled it for ass energy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
guess it depends on what you prefer doing.. farming strike tiger for marks / rep or farming things like spinmetal. either way does indeed get your where you want to go. for me i'd rather shoot things tho. XD

Well I do too, doing patrols also for extra rep, kill stuff, you won't believe all the blues you can earn from just killing the basic patrolling that respawn in like 15 seconds
Also public time events are always fun and also add to the fun + marks/loot

I'm not saying you cannot do it, I'm saying I don't see the point.

Are you still doing weekly nightfall, daily story, weekly heroic strikes, bounties, daily public event? If so, you are gonna max on marks without farming spinmetal.

I mainly doing it to stockpile materials for my Alt's to tell you the truth, once I hit 20 with them, I will get marks for them way too quickly too boost them up form doing to much, get them geared up

I mean both my Titan and Hunter have Exotic helms for them from the Xur Exotic Engram
Titan got a body piece and Hunter a gauntlet from Legendary Engrams
So getting them up to NF/Raid ready to splurge 3 times a week, wouldn't be a huge grind for me, but doing a fuck ton of strikes/crucible on 3 chars will takes it toll

kaiiri

Well I do too, doing patrols also for extra rep, kill stuff, you won't believe all the blues you can earn from just killing the basic patrolling that respawn in like 15 seconds
Also public time events are always fun and also add to the fun + marks/loot

oh I agree with that. when I finish my the daily and weekly and stuff I actually farm public events pretty often (usually just the earth route one) and farm spin metal while I wait 10-15 mins per event. so I do end up farming quite a bit... but even with that (i'm sitting 200+ on all except I think the mars relics thing.. I only have like 60 or something of that one for whatever reason) ... I feel with all the other stuff there's no need to use it for rep/marks.

(but I do see you wrote below you do it mainly for alts and such so makes sense for what you're doing! XD)

Nodnol

03-Strength-of-the-Pack-1024x576.jpg

I am complete <3

Iron Banner right?

I don't really want to play Iron Banner, but at the same time I want to be a Guardian of House Stark, Hunter of the Darkness and Protector of the Last City.

It would be like a mini-series where Jon Snow and Tyrion are accidentally transported through a wormhole into an alternative dimension, and travel around together kicking ass.

And now my watch begins...

Easily solo'd the Nightfall up to the boss room (goddamn I love Icebreaker), but now I'm terrified of dying to some sniper that I didn't see or something. Anyone want to hop in? My fireteam is set to public, so I don't know if you can just jump in on your own.

PS4: RageWaffles

Jinjo

Easily solo'd the Nightfall up to the boss room (goddamn I love Icebreaker), but now I'm terrified of dying to some sniper that I didn't see or something. Anyone want to hop in? My fireteam is set to public, so I don't know if you can just jump in on your own.

PS4: RageWaffles
I'll join you, gimme a minute

excowboy

If you go out with a plan you can get rep so easily that it is nothing like a grind. Go to the bounty robot and look at the bounties. Usually three or four of them are basically "crossover" bounties, which means you can work on them all at once. Earn 9000 xp without dying, melee 30 enemy, do 6 patrol bounties in X area etc. Grab them all and go to X area and start doing only the patrol bounties that are for killing enemies they have certain symbols. They look like a star, a german cross and a little pyramid. They are basically kill any enemy, collect things off enemies and assassinate an enemy. You can finish one of these in a few minutes and move on to the next. Check all the caves or side rooms you find for chests. When you don't see the symbols anymore, move on to the next area. You will most likely run across a few public events, get a bunch of materials and XP for mote of lights while you are doing this. Just do this first thing when you log on everytime and you'll have rep in no time. I'm Level 6 with Vanguard and 3 with FWC and don't feel like rep is a grind at all.

I'll second this - grab the daily bounties and stack them with some other activity. For instance, today the bounties include Complete a Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike, and Complete a Strike Without Dying - that makes a fun challenge depending on your level, plus rewards for the strike anyway. Plus the chance that RNG will smile on you as you play!

I think you do also have to consider exotic/legendary drops as a bonus - I'm 30 hours in, nearly lvl 25, and haven't seen either (I'm still pleased to pick up a Rare engram! ;) However, I'm still really enjoying just playing, exploring, patrolling, leveling up my weapons and focusing on collecting Legendary gear without relying on RNG.

Ambitious

Does anyone here used the Starwinder Cloak or the Ghost Angel Cloak? (They're identical. Maybe there are even more aliases, I don't know)

Looks like this:

Could someone please post a full screenshot from the back side?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
bad luck or what?

I stay up all night to get the Suros Regime, same with Sunbreakers when they came out to farm coins, and the Hunter Helmet too, forgot the name.

First i get the exotic Xur Engram, its the same helmet i just spent coins on. I finish Nightfall and get the Sunbreakers. i do PVP and get the Suros regime.

Really? THREE DOUBLES. still dont have a legendary or exotic third slot item for the trophy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom