• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish some of these iron banner bounties weren't so specific. i have no decent auto rifle to get headshots with and i don't really want to. i just wanna use my own weapons. make it a get 50 headshots with any weapon or something. my crawl to rank 2 is going pretty slowly.

i wish some of these iron banner bounties weren't so specific. i have no decent auto rifle to get headshots with and i don't really want to. i just wanna use my own weapons. make it a get 50 headshots with any weapon or something. my crawl to rank 2 is going pretty slowly.

I've felt the same way on quite a few of the bounties to be honest. Remembering back to the Queen event, started to loathe seeing that 200 headshots on Fallen. Would love to see it on Cabal, Hive, anything else.

Nodnol

Does anyone here used the Starwinder Cloak or the Ghost Angel Cloak? (They're identical. Maybe there are even more aliases, I don't know)

Looks like this:

Could someone please post a full screenshot from the back side?

Unfortunately I'm on my phone, so the quality from the app isn't the best. Bit gloomy but you should be able to make out the length and general look.

355298_image.jpg

hydruxo

Iron Banner right?

I don't really want to play Iron Banner, but at the same time I want to be a Guardian of House Stark, Hunter of the Darkness and Protector of the Last City.

It would be like a mini-series where Jon Snow and Tyrion are accidentally transported through a wormhole into an alternative dimension, and travel around together kicking ass.

And now my watch begins...

Not IB. The Speaker sells it.

raindoc

Man, I've come to terms with most of my frustrations with the game, but not having matchmaking for everything just pisses me off so much.

I'd be happy if they added a real social hub to the tower. a meeting place like a bar, a place where you can recruit a pilot to fly you to alderaan, or where your guardian can hang out if you're looking for fireteam members.
"sign in" checking boxes with the activities you're up for and wait until recruited/invited, or check a list of patrons that are looking for an additional gun.

kaiiri

I'd be happy if they added a real social hub to the tower. a meeting place like a bar, a place where you can recruit a pilot to fly you to alderaan, or where your guardian can hang out if you're looking for fireteam members.
"sign in" checking boxes with the activities you're up for and wait until recruited/invited, or check a list of patrons that are looking for an additional gun.

would LOVE this. I hang around here and raid gaf on the bungie site but not having a clan type of thing in-game makes it so much harder to group up with non-friends. especially things like the weekly and nightfall and raids.

when my main group (bunch of co-workers I play with) can't get together cause of scheduling issues it shouldn't be so hard to meet up with others to get these things done.

I agree with you guys about a social hub.

I am like done with this game now, only thing left is Raid, and I never got people to do it with.

Most of my time spent playing will be during normal working hours here in Europe and at that time, there are hardly any friends or "clan" members online.

Yaari

Can someone cheese the Nightfall boss for me? After 20 attempts I would really like to get it over with but I hate the final stage and am worried I will catch a loose bullet. Preferably I dont even jump down there... Lol

I am pretty much at the corner before his stage, need to clear the Hydra but thats it

PSN: Stfndt (no mic)

hydruxo

I agree with you guys about a social hub.

I am like done with this game now, only thing left is Raid, and I never got people to do it with.

Most of my time spent playing will be during normal working hours here in Europe and at that time, there are hardly any friends or "clan" members online.

Get up with some gaffers from either this thread of the Raid/Nightfall thread. There's always people looking to join or wanting people in their fireteam.

Yeah, exactly. Put up a bulletin board where you can put up requests or respond to other people's. This is the most antisocial 'social game' I've seen so far.

Jaeyden

I'll second this - grab the daily bounties and stack them with some other activity. For instance, today the bounties include Complete a Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike, and Complete a Strike Without Dying - that makes a fun challenge depending on your level, plus rewards for the strike anyway. Plus the chance that RNG will smile on you as you play!

I think you do also have to consider exotic/legendary drops as a bonus - I'm 30 hours in, nearly lvl 25, and haven't seen either (I'm still pleased to pick up a Rare engram! ;) However, I'm still really enjoying just playing, exploring, patrolling, leveling up my weapons and focusing on collecting Legendary gear without relying on RNG.

Another thing...try to turn in as many bounties as you can at once, but before you do this make sure to equip all your gear and guns that you still need to level up. The bounty XP gets applied to those things and usually after turning in bounties you'll have upgrade options ready on your gear. I have weapons and a pair of gloves that are near fully upgraded and have never fired a shot or been worn.

Can someone cheese the Nightfall boss for me? After 20 attempts I would really like to get it over with but I hate the final stage and am worried I will catch a loose bullet. Preferably I dont even jump down there... Lol

I am pretty much at the corner before his stage, need to clear the Hydra but thats it

PSN: Stfndt (no mic)
invite me in. ZeroPanzerAlpha

raindoc

Goddamn, I was almost done with destiny because RNGesus wouldn't give me any nice toys... now that I got so incredibly lucky yesterday I can't wait to get home again and level up my mythoclast & raid gear. purple is the new crack.

Anyone wants to do the raid? I wana finish it!

Wait, let me rephrase my request. Any raid group wants to accept a newbie for a raid?

PS4 - Zongz

hydruxo

Nightfall wasn't too bad if you stay up on that ledge where you enter the Archon Priest area. You can lure the Archon just over to the right of that pathway in front of the ledge and just one by one take turns shooting rockets and throwing nades. Took maybe 10-15 min. The biggest problem is the stealth vandals and multiple captains that'll spawn.

The cheese spot under the platform is a little dangerous since you're open from various sides, you've got to really be mindful of taking damage. We did this spot for the weekly heroic and a few of us died under there but still took him down with it.

Ambitious

Interesting, I just noticed it's possible to equip gear via the companion app or bungie.net. This is new, isn't it? I supposed more kinds of interaction - like buying stuff from vendors or dismantling gear - are just a matter of time.

Unfortunately I'm on my phone, so the quality from the app isn't the best. Bit gloomy but you should be able to make out the length and general look.

That's fine, thank you.
Nah, doesn't look as good as I hoped. I guess I'm going to stick with my Nagari cloak for the time being (though I'm going to level up the factions first), as it fits together with my current armor quite well.

Yeah, exactly. Put up a bulletin board where you can put up requests or respond to other people's. This is the most antisocial 'social game' I've seen so far.

Something like destinylfg.net should have been part of the game from the get-go.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Iron Banner right?

I don't really want to play Iron Banner, but at the same time I want to be a Guardian of House Stark, Hunter of the Darkness and Protector of the Last City.

It would be like a mini-series where Jon Snow and Tyrion are accidentally transported through a wormhole into an alternative dimension, and travel around together kicking ass.

And now my watch begins...

Nope. The speaker.

Mrgamer

Doing an alt warlock tonight so i can do night fall again.

Can a female warlock use the male armour?
Whats the quickest way to level 20?

Ken

Doing an alt warlock tonight so i can do night fall again.

Can a female warlock use the male armour?
Whats the quickest way to level 20?

male armor? there's no gender-specific armor. it just...wraps around a more petite frame.

i think there's some small variations though; other gender Heart of Praxic Fires seem to have different shoulder pieces than mine.

-Snooze-

Banned
Iron Banner seems no different to the normal "balanced" PVP.

I'm only level 26, and I was still top of our team for 5 games, despite playing with level 28s

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah I get that now. Dunno why I had it in my head that it was IB.

Does anyone know when The Speaker's stock refreshes next?

I have 20 Motes, and don't want to miss this rotation.

People were telling me it was an iron banner drop too last week. Probably the color scheme. The speaker refreshes his stock weekly. So you have a week to get it

excowboy

Another thing...try to turn in as many bounties as you can at once, but before you do this make sure to equip all your gear and guns that you still need to level up. The bounty XP gets applied to those things and usually after turning in bounties you'll have upgrade options ready on your gear. I have weapons and a pair of gloves that are near fully upgraded and have never fired a shot or been worn.

Yep, this is a top tip I picked up here in the OT - XP is shared across all equipped gear/weapons when you turn in bounties if they're not fully upgraded. I've taken to holding a fully upgraded piece of rubbish in reserve for each slot that I can swap in before I cash in bounties. That way I can check which gear/weapons I want to funnel the XP to - at the moment it's my Legendary boots so I can level up - so I swap everything else out and all the XP goes to the boots ;)

Mrgamer

male armor? there's no gender-specific armor. it just...wraps around a more petite frame.

i think there's some small variations though; other gender Heart of Praxic Fires seem to have different shoulder pieces than mine.
Sexy awoken incoming.With all the grind i m8ght just look at some eye candy :d

do not underestimate the importance of shards, my friend. you will come to love them and eventually become a zombie for them. trust me.

Yeah i was needing some but they're for the queens wraith gear and i kinda don't want to use the shards on that stuff if i don't need to :I

Anyone fancy doing the level 26 or level 28 Heroic weekly strike with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom