• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Iron Banner seems no different to the normal "balanced" PVP.

I'm only level 26, and I was still top of our team for 5 games, despite playing with level 28s

It's a combination.

A Level 30 with a maxed Suros Vs a level 15 with a Shingen is going to be in favour of the 30.

A Level 26 with a decent weapon Vs a level 28 with a decent weapon is going to be fine.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If anyone doing raid later on today say 3pm EST on, I would like to join if you need a 6th from the start

Would love to hook up with a Static and do it weekly + get prepared for Hard version

Bold One

Iron Banner seems no different to the normal "balanced" PVP.

I'm only level 26, and I was still top of our team for 5 games, despite playing with level 28s

so everyone from Gamespot is here...

Skill is still a major factor in IB, but I noticed I am dropping fools a lot quicker.

Bold One

casmith07

I've gotten pretty good in The Crucible. Sticking together with your team, NOT SPRINTING, and knowing the maps and general player tendencies helps out big time.

The biggest part of my success, though? Putting together a party chat/fireteam of 3 players for Skirmish or 6 players for Clash/Control. Communication is paramount. I played Control for a few hours on Saturday with a group of chaps from the UK and we absolutely dominated every single game.

casmith07

Yeah I get that now. Dunno why I had it in my head that it was IB.

Does anyone know when The Speaker's stock refreshes next?

I have 20 Motes, and don't want to miss this rotation.

No, but has it been confirmed that any of the Speaker's items provide stat buffs?

TTG

Just ran into 2 guys using the mytho cast in the iron banner, I suppose these douche bags show up in bunches. Lost by less than 1k, no one on their team had a k/d over 2 and change, I ain't even mad. No, wait a second, I'm pissed! Now I can finally declare this game broken and never play again.

Asbear

Banned
Pretty much loving Iron Banner so far. Just did a bounty for 3 crucible matches via Iron Banner, and even though I was only 27 I still topped everyone else on both my team and the opposition's team for 3 consequtive rounds. I fucking rock!

PS. What are people talking about, Thorn is kickass. That corrosive damage pwns.

Bold One

23 motes will net you a dice roll. Even if you get for another class it's shards or alt gear.

May as well if you don't want speaker gear.

As a Warlock, I dont think I want to invest in the Speaker's condescending shiny arm bands, I would rather roll the dice with that shady looking bloke what works on weekends.

TsuWave

Yeah i was needing some but they're for the queens wraith gear and i kinda don't want to use the shards on that stuff if i don't need to :I

don't use them. I'm level 28 and I'm hoarding shards. currently have 32 and I'm gonna keep hoarding/saving them until I have complete raid gear set, or at least the helmet, gloves and boots to complement my maxed out exotic chest piece and max them all out at once.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF

SE7o25v.jpg

Number45

After being told that Super Good Advice is terrible, I tried it for a while last night and I actually don't mind it at all. You just need to treat it like a pulse rifle, with short controlled bursts.

EDIT: ^^^ what's happening there? Won't let you pick it up? :'(

Nodnol

After being told that Super Good Advice is terrible, I tried it for a while last night and I actually don't mind it at all. You just need to treat it like a pulse rifle, with short controlled bursts.

EDIT: ^^^ what's happening there? Won't let you pick it up? :'(

See, I use it more like a shotgun.

Up close, personal, hip fired and no real control over what I'm shooting it. When the dust settles, everything's dead.

don't use them. I'm level 28 and I'm hoarding shards. currently have 32 and I'm gonna keep hoarding/saving them until I have complete raid gear set, or at least the helmet, gloves and boots to complement my maxed out exotic chest piece and max them all out at once.

Sweet idea, i think i'm gonna follow that advice. Just level stuff up to the point where i need the shards and then wait patiently :D

casmith07

Having played a bit more crucible, this is so true. The delay in stopping sprinting and bringing up your gun is enough to get you instantly killed most of the time.

Only use it when running to control points really

The worst thing you can do in Control and Clash is sprint around by yourself. I'm SO glad this game isn't Call of Duty where you sprint and twitch-kill everyone. It makes teamwork and gameplay so much more rewarding when you get that 5-kill streak or you dominate on the point scoreboard.

I mean god damn, Lord Shaxx tells you at the beginning of each match: "Stick together, Guardians." And you STILL get that idiot who's Level 28 running around by himself getting owned because he thinks this game is COD.

*Splinter

Got the Vex Mythoclast for finishing hard raid last night, got my last piece of gear for level 30 too, I apologise in advance to all my bored teammates / frustrated opponents in the iron banner :D

JoeNut

can anyone confirm if handing in 5 bounties at the same time makes any difference at all than handing them in separately?

Alexalder

Banned
I read all the guides and still i haven't seen advice on good legendary ar and shotgun to buy for the Crucible. Can anyone help?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
can anyone confirm if handing in 5 bounties at the same time makes any difference at all than handing them in separately?

It doesn't, done both multiple times haven't seen a difference, in fact I got the good stuff when doing them one at a time.

Zakalwe

Banned
I wish Bungie would implement a token system for raids and pvp for level 30 gear.

Tokens:
- Each raid completion gives x tokens.
- Crucible gives tokens for various things. Make the standard playing x amount of games nets you x tokens so even bad players can progress, but also for something like coming first x amount of times, etc... so better players are rewarded.
- Keep random drops in pvp random as now it doesn't matter as better players have reason to do better.

Introduce new vendor.
Sells sets of level 30 gear.
You can choose your look and stats for each peice from a pool of set options.
Each piece is expensive and a long term goal.

Then include:
Option to swap an Exotic item for x tokens.
Option to trade motes of light for x tokens.
Option to trade Vanguard/crucible ep for x tokens.
Maybe make it one swap per week so you can't spam the token vender.

Give us a tangible goal with options.

Make it a free update.

If you implemented this you would give players who are screwed by RNG something decent to work toward. GIving them options on how they obtain the gear would allow them to put a finger up to RNG.

Bungie, pls.

Z0mbicide

Banned
I wish Bungie would implement a token system for raids and pvp for level 30 gear.

Tokens:
- Each raid completion gives x tokens.
- Crucible gives tokens for various things. Make the standard playing x amount of games nets you x tokens so even bad players can progress, but also for something like coming first x amount of times, etc... so better players are rewarded.
- Keep random drops in pvp random as now it doesn't matter as better players have reason to do better.

Introduce new vendor.
Sells sets of level 30 gear.
You can choose your look and stats for each peice from a pool of set options.
Each piece is expensive and a long term goal.

Then include:
Option to swap an Exotic item for x tokens.
Option to trade motes of light for x tokens.
Option to trade Vanguard/crucible ep for x tokens.

Give us a tangible goal with options.

Make it a free update.

If you implemented this you would give players who are screwed by RNG something decent to work toward. GIving them options on how they obtain the gear would allow them to put a finger up to RNG.

Bungie, pls.

As someone who has gotten nothing but shards and Chatterwhite for the last 3 weeks of raiding, I agree. :/

Zakalwe

Banned
Just came across a chest that won't open.

I bet its got exotics in it :I

Was it on the moon in one of the buildings in the first area? Chest spawns on a shelf in one of those rooms and can't be opened from any angle. I always look at it in remorse wondering if that's the one with a Legendary engram, or ship, or an exotic. ;_;

Every time I see it I orbit. I can't take it.

I read all the guides and still i haven't seen advice on good legendary ar and shotgun to buy for the Crucible. Can anyone help?

I run with the Invisible Hand M7 shotgun and it gets the job done well. As for the ARs - many say Vanquisher or Grim Citizen (I only ever use the Suros though) - but the Shingen E is very good for Crucible even though it is a green.

Menome

The worst thing you can do in Control and Clash is sprint around by yourself. I'm SO glad this game isn't Call of Duty where you sprint and twitch-kill everyone. It makes teamwork and gameplay so much more rewarding when you get that 5-kill streak or you dominate on the point scoreboard.

I mean god damn, Lord Shaxx tells you at the beginning of each match: "Stick together, Guardians." And you STILL get that idiot who's Level 28 running around by himself getting owned because he thinks this game is COD.

Got to disagree; as a Hunter, my winning tactic is Sprint-Slide-Shotgun-Stab, with the ability for longer sprints and slides turned on in Bladedancer.

Only mode I hold back for is Skirmish due to giving/receiving revives.

Thats how lost items are supposed to work. If you dont pick up a blue or purple the postmaster should have it for you. Hope you find it there.

Doesn't matter if you don't pick it up. It should still be with the postmaster if it's a blue or purple you've not acquired in a mission.

Nice! It was there. Turned out out was a helmet that I don't have much of a use for. Game was really weird. I didn't have the little notification over the tower it was just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom