• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Nice! It was there. Turned out out was a helmet that I don't have much of a use for. Game was really weird. I didn't have the little notification over the tower it was just there.

happens a lot for me too. Notifications do not appear at the tower sometimes when I'm in orbit.

Free ass shards anyway. I call that a win.

Got to disagree; as a Hunter, my winning tactic is Sprint-Slide-Shotgun-Stab, with the ability for longer sprints and slides turned on in Bladedancer.

Only mode I hold back for is Skirmish due to giving/receiving revives.

indeed, i should post some killstreak videos for proof, it's easy to go all COD in this game blasting fools left and right :D

Maledict

I wish warlock bands were as visible as hunter cloaks. I honestly struggle to tell the difference between most of them.

Even worse, I received one of the legendary vanguard brands in the post for levelling up vanguard rep, and it has a flame effect. What I didn't realise was that the flame effect occurs in first person view - I keep thinking I'm on fire because the bottom of my scree has flame on it!

LiK

Oh man, So tired from last night. Thanks to Destiny, I think I've been sleeping around midnight and 1 for the past 3 weeks. Panda eyes forever.

TTG

I wish warlock bands were as visible as hunter cloaks. I honestly struggle to tell the difference between most of them.

Even worse, I received one of the legendary vanguard brands in the post for levelling up vanguard rep, and it has a flame effect. What I didn't realise was that the flame effect occurs in first person view - I keep thinking I'm on fire because the bottom of my scree has flame on it!

It's better than the sports towel, not nearly as cool as the cape, but those are the breaks. I like the purple trail effect of mine, even though it looks like crap in third person.

Stratn

I wish Bungie would implement a token system for raids and pvp for level 30 gear.

Tokens:
- Each raid completion gives x tokens.
- Crucible gives tokens for various things. Make the standard playing x amount of games nets you x tokens so even bad players can progress, but also for something like coming first x amount of times, etc... so better players are rewarded.
- Keep random drops in pvp random as now it doesn't matter as better players have reason to do better.

Introduce new vendor.
Sells sets of level 30 gear.
You can choose your look and stats for each peice from a pool of set options.
Each piece is expensive and a long term goal.

Then include:
Option to swap an Exotic item for x tokens.
Option to trade motes of light for x tokens.
Option to trade Vanguard/crucible ep for x tokens.
Maybe make it one swap per week so you can't spam the token vender.

Give us a tangible goal with options.

Make it a free update.

If you implemented this you would give players who are screwed by RNG something decent to work toward. GIving them options on how they obtain the gear would allow them to put a finger up to RNG.

Bungie, pls.

Never thought of this, but this is a great idea!! I personally am not high enough level to even attempt the VOG, but I would love some incentive to try and beat it once I get there. Perhaps to a lesser extent, Hard strikes could implement a similar reward.

Just to add to your token portion... Perhaps each raid boss would give X amount of tokens, so the further you progress the more you would get.

Atkison04

Does anyone know if a level 24 can enter the nightfall? I was gonna run it tonight with a buddy with my 28 hunter, but wanted to switch characters at the last minute to get my alt level 24 warlock the xp boost for the week.

Alexalder

Banned
I run with the Invisible Hand M7 shotgun and it gets the job done well. As for the ARs - many say Vanquisher or Grim Citizen (I only ever use the Suros though) - but the Shingen E is very good for Crucible even though it is a green.
I've been using a blue Shingen-E all this time. Or Galahad-E, they feel pretty much equally powerful. I think lower impact higher rate is preferrable though

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh man, So tired from last night. Thanks to Destiny, I think I've been sleeping around midnight and 1 for the past 3 weeks. Panda eyes forever.

This. I've been swamped with work and some appointments afterwards each day this week, and I don't get home until 9. My nephew is taking up the TV downstairs, so I've been doing Remote Play. Even if all I do is log in to knock out the Vanguard Bounties and do a few public events, I'm still up way later than I should be. -.-

haha yep, i have the same one. it's pretty distracting sometimes.

My haul from two nightfalls this week

Venation_III.jpg

Gjallarhorn.png

wrog

Does anyone know if a level 24 can enter the nightfall? I was gonna run it tonight with a buddy with my 28 hunter, but wanted to switch characters at the last minute to get my alt level 24 warlock the xp boost for the week.
Nope, you need to be at least 25.

TTG

Anyone else feeling hamstrung by Xur? I'm sitting on about 30 ass shards, waiting for him to show up with an exotic helmet or chest piece, then I can purchase whichever it's not and replace the queen's guard stuff entirely. I suppose I can upgrade the boots and gloves now, but it feels wrong to do that before the main armor pieces.

Nodnol

They need to make weekly and daily heroic to Inc matchmaking

Weekly for sure.

Dailies, I've always done solo. The only reason match making would be welcome is to give under-leveled players a shot at the higher difficulties.

At level 28, the level 28 daily is a breeze normally.

Haines

Banned
Did the raid first time last night. By about 3 hours in we were smashing our heads against a wall.

We had to go into gates and bring back shields and relics I think and we couldn't formulate the best strategy.

Seemed.people who were going in gates were dieing in there.

kaiiri

Weekly for sure.

Dailies, I've always done solo. The only reason match making would be welcome is to give under-leveled players a shot at the higher difficulties.

At level 28, the level 28 daily is a breeze normally.

I remember doing the level 28 daily as a 28 the first time and was surprised how easy it was. for some reason I had it in my mind that it was like death around every corner.... it most definitely was not.

They need to make weekly and daily heroic to Inc matchmaking

I don't think they will - it's all part of their plan to keep the best XP/loot/experiences within self-made teams....the idea is to encourage people to interact and form their own fireteams...then the fireteams can join up to do the raid.

It's quite a lofty/difficult goal so I'm intrigued to see how they get on.

Played some iron banner last night, was using a Vanquisher VIII. I wasn't sure I wanted to use some ascendant energy to max out its upgrades but I went ahead and did it. Holy crap, what a huge difference.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't think they will - it's all part of their plan to keep the best XP/loot/experiences within self-made teams....the idea is to encourage people to interact and form their own fireteams...then the fireteams can join up to do the raid.

This would be fine IF they'd included more social options in game to support it.

Chat.
Activity flags.
Party search features.
etc...

kaiiri

then make it something that can be done in-game as well. there isn't even a way to chat with another outside of console chat. I know they're working on something along these lines so .. yay... otherwise it took someone making something like "destinylfg.net" or forums like this to connect people.

Wrynnax

Defeated Atheon for the first time last night, had a blast in the raid. Just wish i got something more for it then a shader...but it's a damn fine looking shader i have to admit! Chatterwhite I think? Also feel the raid could give some more experience if your gear isn't all levelled up...think my primary weapon exp didn't move at all...

Futaba

Did the raid first time last night. By about 3 hours in we were smashing our heads against a wall.

We had to go into gates and bring back shields and relics I think and we couldn't formulate the best strategy.

Seemed.people who were going in gates were dieing in there.
Relic holder needs to rush the minotaur with support from the adds shooter, whoever has the fastest fire rate on oracles, whoever deals the most void damage on adds (add shooter), kill the adds as fast as possible, relic holder using L1 to preiodically clense the team (get them to stay close together to make it easier), while killing oracles move towards the portal so when the last oracle goes down you don't waste times vengeance buff running to it.

Once through jump to middle platform with team, throw up relic shield, stay away from the block on the left of the platform, hammer the boss with everything EXCEPT rocket launcher (will kill the person that fires it inside the shield), when times vengeance buff reaches 4 sec everyone in the bubble needs to go back to their positions (gate team far back in prep for next teleport) relic holder should be last person off the center platform, because dropping shield with a buttload of people on the platform risks a full wipe if the boss gets a well timed shot in.

If youre just starting out, return to positions when timer is around 8s till your team gets it down as 4 sec is cutting it fine if everyones lost with what to do.

Miss an oracle = wipe
Outside team loses the portal and doesn't get it back up in time = wipe
Take longer than 8 minutes = may as well be a wipe for first timers, you won't survive enrage.
Drop relic for too long (a few seconds) = wipe

Additional notes:
- WALK through portals, one at a time, they are buggy and can mess up if you run.
- Call out "Venus" or "Mars" as soon as you get warped so the team outside and your own team knows where you got sent to, this allows outside team to prioritize one particular portal if theyre getting overrun, also there is a bug where sometimes the boss only warps TWO people, in which case calling out which one you're in allows the remaining person to quickly hop through the open portal and rejoin the team.
- Venus is significantly harder to kill the adds in than Mars, also in mars the mob is more likely to drop heavy ammo, so save heavy weapons for the minotaur in the venus zone as theyre more effective, you can kill the adds in the mars zone with primary/secondary weapons quite easilly.
- When first starting out, relic holder will be clensing three times per warp, once you get it down and increase the speed at which you clear the zones, you can drop it to two safely.
- If the two warpgate guards have fully leveled gjallahorns, and unload during times vengeance buff, OUTSIDE of the center platforms shield bubble, you can kill the boss a lot quicker.
- it's safer to jump left or right off of the center platform when times vengeance is running out, then from there backwards to the rear wall, since you spend less time in line of sight.

This would be fine IF they'd included more social options in game to support it.

Chat.
Activity flags.
Party search features.
etc...

Absolutely agree! and with the poster below you as well...

I think the "vision" was:-

1. Bump into people whilst out farming mats or in public events.
2. Admire the cut of their jib
3. Form fireteam and take on daily or weekly challenge
4. Bump into another fireteam in the world and form a raid group
5. Do the raid and become life long friends
6. Live on a commune together, make each other god-parents, and dig in for the 10 year story arc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom