• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Relic holder needs to rush the minotaur with support from the adds shooter, whoever has the fastest fire rate on oracles, whoever deals the most void damage on adds (add shooter), kill the adds as fast as possible, relic holder using L1 to preiodically clense the team (get them to stay close together to make it easier), while killing oracles move towards the portal so when the last oracle goes down you don't waste times vengeance buff running to it.

Once through jump to middle platform with team, throw up relic shield, stay away from the block on the left of the platform, hammer the boss with everything EXCEPT rocket launcher (will kill the person that fires it inside the shield), when times vengeance buff reaches 4 sec everyone in the bubble needs to go back to their positions (gate team far back in prep for next teleport) relic holder should be last person off the center platform, because dropping shield with a buttload of people on the platform risks a full wipe if the boss gets a well timed shot in.

If youre just starting out, return to positions when timer is around 8s till your team gets it down as 4 sec is cutting it fine if everyones lost with what to do.

Miss an oracle = wipe
Outside team loses the portal and doesn't get it back up in time = wipe
Take longer than 8 minutes = may as well be a wipe for first timers, you won't survive enrage.
Drop relic for too long (a few seconds) = wipe

This strategy is proven to work, but instead of using the relic shield to protect the team while they unload on Atheon, our team spreads out a bit. The Relic holder unleashes the shield's super over and over and it does mega damage during Time's Vengeance. Seems a bit of a waste to not blast him with it.

Anyone else think it makes sense for their to be some kind of alliance / truce between The Fallen and Humans? They have two mutual enemies, the Vex and the Hive, and I doubt they're particularly friendly with the Cabal...

Futaba

This strategy is proven to work, but instead of using the relic shield to protect the team while they unload on Atheon, our team spreads out a bit. The Relic holder unleashes the shield's super over and over and it does mega damage during Time's Vengeance. Seems a bit of a waste to not blast him with it.

Indeed, but i've found that for people new to raid that's a bit more risky

Oh and before i forget, WALK through portals one at a time, they're buggy as balls if you jump/run.

Finally beat the raid. The final boss was on his last bit of health, one person was dead on the center platform and another was dead by the gate entrances. As soon as the three people came back through the gate with the relic, 3 of them got killed by those suicide harpies. We all thought it was over, but somehow the guy with the relic was able deploy the shield and relieve the dead guy on the center platform before he was killed. So with one person left alive, he was able to shoot a rocket and kill the boss before falling off the platform to his death. He died after the boss was dead. I manage to get three legendary weapons from that raid.

Ken

Anyone else think it makes sense for their to be some kind of alliance / truce between The Fallen and Humans? They have two mutual enemies, the Vex and the Hive, and I doubt they're particularly friendly with the Cabal...

Maybe it's just the Fallen houses on earth that don't like humans? At least one house seems to be allied with the Awoken who are just..funky humans.

kaiiri

Absolutely agree! and with the poster below you as well...

I think the "vision" was:-

1. Bump into people whilst out farming mats or in public events.
2. Admire the cut of their jib
3. Form fireteam and take on daily or weekly challenge
4. Bump into another fireteam in the world and form a raid group
5. Do the raid and become life long friends
6. Live on a commune together, make each other god-parents, and dig in for the 10 year story arc...

hahahaha. proximity chat could poooosssssisbly make this remotely work. as it stands now I don't really get any interaction with a random guardian unless a public event is going on. then suddenly other guardians appear out of no where! lol.

Nodnol

I remember doing the level 28 daily as a 28 the first time and was surprised how easy it was. for some reason I had it in my mind that it was like death around every corner.... it most definitely was not.

I do them every day solo. By now I'm sure all of us have an intricate knowledge of what the missions are, enemies you'll face, the relevant weapons to use etc.

By playing conservatively, I don't see any reason why anyone can't solo the daily up to the most appropriate difficulty depending on their level.

MADGAME

Indeed, but i've found that for people new to raid that's a bit more risky

Oh and before i forget, WALK through portals one at a time, they're buggy as balls if you jump/run.

Fair point.

And yeah I agree, I'm pretty much conditioned at this point to wonder if I will make it out of the portal or end up alone in another realm. If that happens, just WALK back through the portal then get cleansed.

I got the Universal Remote after completing my first Nightfall last night. I now have two exotic weapons, the Universal Remote and the Invective. I absolutely hate shotguns in this game.... :( I will probably hold on to them until the first re-balance/exotic buff patch just to see if one becomes more interesting, but they are more than likely to become mats.

hahahaha. proximity chat could poooosssssisbly make this remotely work. as it stands now I don't really get any interaction with a random guardian unless a public event is going on. then suddenly other guardians appear out of no where! lol.

I absolutely have no idea why prox chat is not in the game...it seems like the entire point of the game! :)

kaiiri

I do them every day solo. By now I'm sure all of us have an intricate knowledge of what the missions are, enemies you'll face, the relevant weapons to use etc.

By playing conservatively, I don't see any reason why anyone can't solo the daily up to the most appropriate difficulty depending on their level.

you know what I think .. for me at least .. it stemmed from was while leveling when playing some IRL friends I would do the 24 strike when I was still either 22 or 23 and I did horrrribly. I died everywhere and just felt like I was horrible at the game (which I probably am) .. so then I just imagined anything high was a death trap. lol.

Megaversy

Neo Member
I got the Universal Remote after completing my first Nightfall last night. I now have two exotic weapons, the Universal Remote and the Invective. I absolutely hate shotguns in this game.... :( I will probably hold on to them until the first re-balance/exotic buff patch just to see if one becomes more interesting, but they are more than likely to become mats.

You make me very sad...All I want are those shotguns. :(

JB1981

How does one get the Iron Banner Shader plus Emblem? Also I was trying to do the Queen's Wrath bounty last week where it requires the shader/emblem but couldn't find the shader anywhere. I bought a shader from the queen's envoy thinking that was it but turns out it wasn't.

bosseye

Thanks to all those who replied to my post (#2670) - I'm thinking more positive about the whole thing now. I didn't really want to give it up as my friends and I have been trying to level up to hit the Vault of Glass for the first time, so it would be good to at least have a bash at it.

I'm going to stick to farming Vanguard marks. I'm going to do the bounties required and loiter for public events. I shall get there! RNGesus be damned. Anything that drops will be a bonus, not the focus.

Cheers all.

By the way, I've been on that destinypublicevents website which is supposed to tell you when the event is happening and where - I had it open on my phone whilst playing for a couple of nights and not once has it been correct. Is there a better way to know when and where a public event is about to occur?

-PXG-

Got Thunderlord last night from VOG. That is my fourth exotic. Once I finish my bounty, I will have Bad Juju too.

Plan C is OP as hell BTW, just sayin. I love it.

hydruxo

How does one get the Iron Banner Shader plus Emblem? Also I was trying to do the Queen's Wrath bounty last week where it requires the shader/emblem but couldn't find the shader anywhere. I bought a shader from the queen's envoy thinking that was it but turns out it wasn't.

100 rep gets you to rank 1, then you can buy the shader and emblem

kaiiri

Thanks to all those who replied to my post (#2670) - I'm thinking more positive about the whole thing now. I didn't really want to give it up as my friends and I have been trying to level up to hit the Vault of Glass for the first time, so it would be good to at least have a bash at it.

I'm going to stick to farming Vanguard marks. I'm going to do the bounties required and loiter for public events. I shall get there! RNGesus be damned. Anything that drops will be a bonus, not the focus.

Cheers all.

By the way, I've been on that destinypublicevents website which is supposed to tell you when the event is happening and where - I had it open on my phone whilst playing for a couple of nights and not once has it been correct. Is there a better way to know when and where a public event is about to occur?

I usually do the earth one.

:00 - mothyard
:10 - forgotten shore
:15 - the divide (this one hasn't been showing up for me lately though)
:30 - mothyard
:40 - forgotten shore
:45 - the divide (same as above)

I just found this info randomly googling farming tricks and such.

Nodnol

Cheers all.

Events can and do spawn when you're on your own, but they have a higher chance to spawn when there's more than one player present.

You also have to arrive a few minutes before hand; if no one is around, the event won't occur.

Bring a buddy, or create a loop focusing on the most common events (they're green on the events site) and just circle round at the specific times. Throw in some bounties or patrol missions, as well as mats and chest farming. Makes everything a bit more efficient.

-PXG-

Oh shit...I have to do Weekly and Nightfall tonight.... But Smash Bros tho..

It's basically a choice between being angry at my fireteam for dying a lot or giving myself carpal tunnel due to the 3DS not being ergonomic at all.

Level 28/29 hit me up on PSN

An hour? What were you doing.

Eh maybe 45. I'd rather move forward slowly and make sure I don't get caught out in the open by the hobgoblins so I didn't wipe. Also, I let each of the Vex/Fallen battles finish up before I dove in. To me it just wasn't worth it to rush.

Mind = Blown, youtube quality comment right here. I'd argue against it but I don't even know where to start

No, please do elaborate on why that comment is wrong or 'youtube-quality.' I'm sure you can manage to find some ground on which to start.

I've also personally found that it's annoying as shit when one person just sprints off to do their own thing in both Control and Clash. And it's much, much worse in Skirmish.

Yu Narukami

I usually do the earth one.

:00 - mothyard
:10 - forgotten shore
:15 - the divide (this one hasn't been showing up for me lately though)
:30 - mothyard
:40 - forgotten shore
:45 - the divide (same as above)

I just found this info randomly googling farming tricks and such.

I do Barrens on Mars at x00 and x30 because it's the spot where you spwan on Patrol.

You make me very sad...All I want are those shotguns. :(

I would trade it to you for a strange coin and a dance if it were possible. It is amazing how shotguns go from being the biggest OP annoyance in PvP to worthless shit piles in PvE. I refuse to ever use a shotty in PvP. Hand cannon for life.

Zakalwe

Banned
I would trade it to you for a strange coin and a dance if it were possible. It is amazing how shotguns go from being the biggest OP annoyance in PvP to worthless shit piles in PvE. I refuse to ever use a shotty in PvP. Hand cannon for life.

Invective is great in pve. The burst fire does so much damage. If you have a cqc build and can survive up close long enough to make it worth it.

I don't think they will - it's all part of their plan to keep the best XP/loot/experiences within self-made teams....the idea is to encourage people to interact and form their own fireteams...then the fireteams can join up to do the raid.

It's quite a lofty/difficult goal so I'm intrigued to see how they get on.

They need to actually implement a system to allow us to be social and interact better imo if thats the case.

PSN working like a piece of shit doesn't exactly help though.

Once through jump to middle platform with team, throw up relic shield, stay away from the block on the left of the platform, hammer the boss with everything EXCEPT rocket launcher (will kill the person that fires it inside the shield),

This seems to be a common misconception. Everything shoots out of the relic shield just fine, the RLs can just be very dicey. If you clip a teammate, or if you are positioned strangely near a bubble edge, or if the relic holder does something weird with not keeping the shield up, or if a titan overlaps their bubble too much, etc. it can kill you.

I've had a lot of Gjallahorn success crouching down in front of the relic holder and shooting out, but the safer strat is to just jump straight up out of the bubble when you fire. An Illuminated WoL + T's V + maxed Gjall. is way too powerful to pass up.

So yesterday was relatively productive for me. Got the Last Word from an Iron Banner match whihc was my very first exotic drop, turned in some bounties and got my very first exotic bounty (going for Pocket Infinity), and knocked out Nightfall. RNG is looking up!

Iron Banner isn't as crazy as I thought it would be. I've been rolling with a Shingen-E not even maxed and doing relatively fine at level 28. Some of the challenges are going to be impossible for me though (Getting 10 kills without dying isn't going to happen any time soon). Still not sure if the mode is worth the trouble given the rewards.

Still need to knock out the Weekly Strike. Anyone on X1 interested for later tonight (6ish-8ish Eastern)?

WITHE1982

No, please do elaborate on why that comment is wrong or 'youtube-quality.' I'm sure you can manage to find some ground on which to start.

I've also personally found that it's annoying as shit when one person just sprints off to do their own thing in both Control and Clash. And it's much, much worse in Skirmish.

TBH I always tend to follow the largest group when playing crucible. It makes perfect sense as you can attack en masse and even if you don't bag the kill you're always picking up assists. It can be rather selfish in a way but in my view I'm happy to use the guy in-front of me as a human shield, absorbing damage and taking off a bit of the opponents heath while I fire from behind him.

So IMO "Guardians stick together" really is the best strategy.

Skele7on

Banned
Anyone find that PS4 last night was broken as all hell.

I gave up and ranked my xbox character to level 16.

I have seriously abused my xbox copy something awful.

Futaba

Don't mean to sound awful, but the idea of a matchmaking raid does not appeal to me at all, the commitment required, in both skill and time for newer raiders may not work in that sort of setup, I can sort of see people abusing it too, the same way they currently do with strikes (yep i'm just going to hide somewhere safe and let you do the work).

I'd like to be proven wrong, so more people get to play through the raid, but for it to truly work they need to iron out the bugs raid currently has otherwise it could just end up a frustration fest

Sullichin

Invective is great in pve. The burst fire does so much damage. If you have a cqc build and can survive up close long enough to make it worth it.

How would you do this? No matter what loadout/armor I use with my warlock, I can get melee killed just as easily in PVE. Doesn't stop me from bringing the invective. It's amazing

Futaba

This seems to be a common misconception. Everything shoots out of the relic shield just fine, the RLs can just be very dicey. If you clip a teammate, or if you are positioned strangely near a bubble edge, or if the relic holder does something weird with not keeping the shield up, or if a titan overlaps their bubble too much, etc. it can kill you.

I've had a lot of Gjallahorn success crouching down in front of the relic holder and shooting out, but the safer strat is to just jump straight up out of the bubble when you fire. An Illuminated WoL + T's V + maxed Gjall. is way too powerful to pass up.

Oh really?, thanks for the info!, I just tend to avoid using rocket launcher at all, as i've sat through a lot of wipes from multiple team members nuking themselves, so i figured you just couldnt shoot out of the shield.

I know you definitely can't use a rocket launcher when caught in the templars bubble however, that's 100% suicide.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm starting to feel the urge to buy this game.

Can't decide.

Goddamnit.

image.jpg

You know what to do Dawg.

WITHE1982

I'm starting to feel the urge to buy this game.

Can't decide.

Goddamnit.

Well let the 123,000 or so comments on the game so far be your guide. It's the most annoying, broken, wasted opportunity of a game ever but it's also hugely addictive and immensely fun to play (when it all works as it should.)

Despite the lackluster reviews I'd say it's my GOTY so far (not counting TLOU as I'd played it to death on the PS3)

If they can iron out all the obvious faults for Destiny 2.0 it'll be a joy to behold.

My advice: buy it now while the community is so active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom