• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in a fit of rage over a poorly played team deathmatch, I deleted the game from my HDD last night.

No I'm waiting for the download, again. Should not have done that.

My team faced opposing team that was mostly fusion rifle/shotguns. Absolutely decimated us. Some fusion rifles have ridiculous range. Shotgun tactics was mostly; sprint-->slide-->1 hit kill. My aim was completely off, should have kept them at medium to far range.

I usually post decent KDR, but I seriously have to stop burdening myself with that fucking stat. Always ruins my fun.

Why am I telling this to you? Guess I'm just venting. Thx for listening, GAF.

I'm as competitive as can be, but I found a way to "detach" myself from that competitive nature when it comes to Crucible. I just can't justify getting upset. Its not fair, its not balanced. There is nothing you can do in a crucible match to control your circumstances. At any given second a guy can come around the corner and jump in the air and slam his fists on the ground and kill everyone in the room.

SPEAKER IS SELLING WOLF CLOAK!?!?!

FUCK I NEED MOTES UP THE BUTT

I really wish Warlocks had a cooler class item. I barely notice the bond half the time, meanwhile Hunters get a full on cape/hood. Titans are a little shafted as well but at least they are more noticeable and I've seen some really cool ones (like the Raid item).

Vault of Glass (Normal) at 9:00am CST or 30 minutes from now.
PS4

Members
Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
DjRalford (28 Titan)
LifeJordan (28 Titan)
-
-
-

Lol.

I'm not as bad but I did almost snap my DS4 in half after a particularly bad match. Heard is begin to creak and stopped myself before a rather costly mistake.

I bet the wait for it downloading again is excruciating.

Oh and my K/D is just over 1.0 and I've over the moon about it. I normally have a - K/D in all FPS.

Dumb question: how do you see your overall PvP k/d? I have the app, but it just shows the stat for recent games.

Edit: derp. Sorry. I guess you can see it by gametype, but not all of crucible combined. At least through the destiny app. At 1.44 on control:( MUST GET HIGHER.

Dawg

Don't do it.

7/10.

RNG.

Bad story.

DLC on disc.

Do it. Join us.

You know what to do Dawg.

It's interesting but not that interesting.

Well let the 123,000 or so comments on the game so far be your guide. It's the most annoying, broken, wasted opportunity of a game ever but it's also hugely addictive and immensely fun to play (when it all works as it should.)

Despite the lackluster reviews I'd say it's my GOTY so far (not counting TLOU as I'd played it to death on the PS3)

If they can iron out all the obvious faults for Destiny 2.0 it'll be a joy to behold.

My advice: buy it now while the community is so active.

If you have a life and wish to stay social. DON'T

as honestly this game is my everything now!

I see.

RMI

Banned
Pleasantly surprised to not be getting constantly worked in Iron Banner. Was always placing in the top half of my team and I'm only lvl 24 and all blue items save for my rocket launcher. RNGesus is hating me though.

Vlade

Had quite an evening. Thanks to the good folks at the new monarchy sending their judgement shotty, I got my 10 kills in a row and high score bounties, turned them in and got offered the bounty for Thorn, and then decrypted the Swarm.

Makes up for a lot. Thanks rng!

It's a pretty awful MG. You're better off with Zombie Apocalypse or The Swarm.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I got the Super Good Advice. Especially since I got the Thunderlord from the Crucible 2-3 weeks back (I was in last place and I was watching Giant Bomb QL's while playing THANKS RNGESUS) and I really enjoy using it. There's an upgrade that basically gives it no recoil.

Damn, lots of suggestions lol. Thanks guys.

I guess there's no real clear answer. I might try to hold out until Friday and see what Xur has first so I don't end up wasting marks if he's selling something that can fill a role better than one of the legendaries.

Dismantle an exotic!? Heeelllll nooooooo. Gotta collect them all!

This is my approach as well, even if I only ever used Gjallahorn and Patience and Time, with a little Suros and Hawkmoon. Maybe others will get buffed like Thorn and Juju, maybe they will have situational uses that become clear later.

Yu Narukami

I read a few days ago on gamefront.de that Bungie is considering implementing matchmaking. Anybody heard anything, or is that only a rumour?

E92 M3

damn damn damn, I accidently bought the wolf one and did an engram at the weekend.

I now need 13 motes asap, wish I could trade coins for motes I will have 35 by tonight :\

so so sad.

Well you have a week or so. Should be able to get it no problem. Also, I think the cloak will stick around for another week, too.

Sabotage

GAF - should I dismantle my "Super Good Advice" exotic?!

The things recoil is beastly....

GAF you're making it hard....

It's a pretty awful MG. You're better off with Zombie Apocalypse or The Swarm.

Dismantle an exotic!? Heeelllll nooooooo. Gotta collect them all!

Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I got the Super Good Advice. Especially since I got the Thunderlord from the Crucible 2-3 weeks back (I was in last place and I was watching Giant Bomb QL's while playing THANKS RNGESUS) and I really enjoy using it. There's an upgrade that basically gives it no recoil.

This is my approach as well, even if I only ever used Gjallahorn and Patience and Time, with a little Suros and Hawkmoon. Maybe others will get buffed like Thorn and Juju, maybe they will have situational uses that become clear later.

jaosobno

I'm as competitive as can be, but I found a way to "detach" myself from that competitive nature when it comes to Crucible. I just can't justify getting upset. Its not fair, its not balanced. There is nothing you can do in a crucible match to control your circumstances. At any given second a guy can come around the corner and jump in the air and slam his fists on the ground and kill everyone in the room.

Yeah, I still have to detach myself emotionally from crucible. However, I would love to see some weapon balance.

Suros is absolutely deadly at any range, my Shingen stands no chance against it. As an exotic, I understand it's very powerful, but that's the reason I'm not playing the Iron Banner - my equipment is not powerful enough and people would crush me just on pure attack rating. Suros in your standard Crucible should be at least a bit toned down.

Fusion rifles kill everything at medium range. Sure, they are risky, but most people do get to fire two shots before they go down (since some among them have ridiculously low charge time).

I'm fine with shotguns since keeping people away and not allowing them to sprint/slide to close range is effective counter (it can be difficult in close quarters).

There are some serious balancing issues in Crucible which I hope Bungie sorts out.

Vault of Glass (Normal) at 9:00am CST or 30 minutes from now.
PS4

Members
Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
DjRalford (28 Titan)
LifeJordan (28 Titan)
-lZR0COOLl
-davidbloop (29 Hunter)
-skynida

Will send out a party invite in 5 minutes or so. Friend requests all sent out. skynida, I'm assuming that was you who sent me the request a moment ago.

Tawpgun

Man wtf happened to Bungie.net for Destiny?

The site got way too flashy over function and doesn't have NEARLY the same level of stats, even basic stats, that Halo did.

Was trying to find how long the VoG run took on each section and all I get is scores and K/D. Who the hell cares? And it was obnoxious enough finding that since it loaded at the bottom of the page for some reason.

Definity

I really thought my playtime would have went down by now. NOPE.
Still addicted as ever and went back to working on my ALT's.

E92 M3

The site got way too flashy over function and doesn't have NEARLY the same level of stats, even basic stats, that Halo did.

Was trying to find how long the VoG run took on each section and all I get is scores and K/D. Who the hell cares? And it was obnoxious enough finding that since it loaded at the bottom of the page for some reason.

Yes, I think they went a bit overboard. Loved how they had it with Reach, but with Destiny it's a bit diluted.

jaosobno

I read a few days ago on gamefront.de that Bungie is considering implementing matchmaking. Anybody heard anything, or is that only a rumour?

Bungie themselves said so:

"The Raid was designed for solid teams of killers who have made a commitment to solve a dense and explosive riddle," he writes. "Most of the raiding parties who have emerged victorious from the Vault of Glass have sworn that one weak link would have doomed their chain. There have been other stories, of course. We’ve heard tell of Guardians who met each other just outside the door that leads into that vault. Strange tales have reached our ears - tales of total strangers who have banded together to see the Raid all the way through to a triumphant finale.

"Those stories surprise us, but the players of our games always have. The best I can do to answer your question is to let you know that you’ve been heard. We’re having conversations about how Matchmaking might support the more challenging activities in Destiny. It’s a start. Keep sounding off about it, and maybe someday some matchmade Fireteam mates will hear you, too."

Besides it was only a matter of time. Most people were absolutely pissed off about no matchmaking for weekly challenges and raids.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/06/bungie-talks-raid-matchmaking-private-matches-in-destiny

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I have 39 motes to spend. Should I grab the strength of the pack cloak from the speaker? It looks mighty nice!

realcZk

Yeah, the PvE stats don't make any sense. Who cares about a PvE K/D ratio. On the mobile app it lists me as "#1" (out of 1 player, me) for all of these stats. There is a lot of cool stats in the JSON results returned from the API that they dont show on the site at the moment.

Yu Narukami

Bungie themselves said so:

"The Raid was designed for solid teams of killers who have made a commitment to solve a dense and explosive riddle," he writes. "Most of the raiding parties who have emerged victorious from the Vault of Glass have sworn that one weak link would have doomed their chain. There have been other stories, of course. We’ve heard tell of Guardians who met each other just outside the door that leads into that vault. Strange tales have reached our ears - tales of total strangers who have banded together to see the Raid all the way through to a triumphant finale.

"Those stories surprise us, but the players of our games always have. The best I can do to answer your question is to let you know that you’ve been heard. We’re having conversations about how Matchmaking might support the more challenging activities in Destiny. It’s a start. Keep sounding off about it, and maybe someday some matchmade Fireteam mates will hear you, too."

Besides it was only a matter of time. Most people were absolutely pissed off about no matchmaking for weekly challenges and raids.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/06/bungie-talks-raid-matchmaking-private-matches-in-destiny

Thanks for the information.

dB Viper

How much worse is the Shadow Price compared to the SUROS? In 1v1 battles? Contemplating buying the SP and then use the Invective or Pocket Infinity/Plan C as my special weapon Exotic.

hydruxo

If you're feeling unsure about buying a class item from The Speaker, wait until Friday and see what engram Xur has in stock. That way you can decide which one you'd rather have. Speaker refreshes stock every Wednesday.

My raid gear is all the wrong stats.

I guess stats don't really matter much whatsoever though, being higher level is way more important.

Need Heart of praxic fire to trade some of this int for discipline. Have 60 strange coins and 72 motes. Come on Xur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom