• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

I was thinking Pocket Infinity in the Nightfall tonight for the "EVERYTHING DIES" via burn, but maybe I'll stick with 77 Wizard and Hawkmoon for the XP. I'm not setting foot in the Iron Banner without Hawkmoon maxed out. Them aces gonna be my salvation in there.

It's just Control, eh? :( I am totally in the minority on this but it's my least favorite mode. I much prefer Clash (EXCEPT on first light and bastion) and Rumble. Skirmish and Salvage with a GAF team are probably my favorites overall though.

I thought it was Void Burn?

And I LOVE Control. Need GAF'ers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You've always told me to ignore the people who say/do that stuff... just sayin' ;)
too right
Hawkian,

Prior to patch, there was a consistent occurance in the reward system. Every time I lveled rahool, I got a legendary. There was never an instance where I did not. Post patch, not once. Looking at my experience from start to finish, this is not indicative of chance.
Rofl!
How does it feel to have uncovered the knowledge that you were very lucky? Pre-patch, I was 1 for 8 on legendary engrams from mail rewards. Looking back at your anecdotal experience, you can interpret it however you like, but it's meaningless to say "not indicative of chance." Again, the rates are all horrible.
Additionally, I clean through all weekly and daily activities. The only time I have ever run across a shard was by dismantling and, up until 3 days ago, doing the raid on normal. That's it. Others have shared this exact same experience. So the question therein is why are some experiences consistent across one set of players but not the others? Chance has nothing to do with it. Chance would have netted me a single shard from pve, publics, etc. In 90 hours, I can't have been rolling the same number on the dice.
This is interesting but nothing that violates the laws of probability. Especially with regard to the daily, you're talking about a 50% chance roll every time. Consider the Nightfall: have you received any other reward from it besides Energies?
Yet, I have about 10 legendary items (one boot, gauntlet, chest and rest weapons), 4 exotics, and a whooooooooooole lot of energies. Others have not had the dice rolled in their favor with as many hours as I have put in. It makes no sense, statistically.
That's... it makes perfect sense, statistically. Statistically speaking, there's a largely random distribution of items across players of the game, because outside of earned currency purchases (coins, motes, and marks), item distribution is random.
Here is the biggest problem: it puts good players at a disadvantage. I was carrying a level 28 and 29 team in a Nightfall last week when I had been stuck at lvl 27 for two weeks. I spent my marks for my gear which I rarely get just so I could scratch by and get to lvl 27 and, subsequently, have a chance to survive nightfall and a raid.
How does this put you at a disadvantage?
Bungie needs to open up about how this system works and how these variables are calculated.
While it would be fascinating, I'm not convinced that they do need to do so for the game to function

I hope Bungie nerfs shotties and AR's ASAP. This game is becoming dangerously close to being a two-weapon game, to the point that the longer they take to patch this shit out the more people will probably drop the game when they do LOL.

Especially in IB. There's basically no time to aim precision weapons (not an auto) with how crazy low the kill times are.

I'm sorry that I like something that you don't. Fuck me, right?

On topic, how does the Grim Citizen stack up in Iron Banner? I've been doing really well with the Red Death. 3 shot kills on higher levels, 2 shot on same level and below.

Got a 20 kill streak with a partially upgraded grim citizen before the servers went down so I'd say it's pretty damn good.

Kensuke

Shadow Price and Vanquisher suck for PvE because of the small magazine. Unless you get one with field scout that is. I wish I was that lucky.

MrCatalyst

Neo Member
Could it be that I'm actually just having fun playing the game? Is it possible that many of us enjoy the game despite its flaws?

Oh stop it. You, me, and millions of others are just lying about it. No way that this game is actually any good.

/s

Cømet

Banned
I've killed the people inside as well a bunch of times.

It's weirf that people haven't caught on. When I see it get dropped I just lol and walk away.

It makes me especially sad that I didn't get that last coin I needed for helm of saint 14. Disregarded it as I was only thinking about the raid and how the crest works fine for me.......oh how I wish I'd considered the crucible. Spent two coins on heavy ammo synths as well *sigh*
Now that I've got skullfort, to top it all off, it means it's the last exotic titan helm (that I know of anyway) I haven't got.

does this happen every time a new OT is posted?

Trolls gonna troll.

ibraLsUgDxAaU4.gif

It's especially funny since a common rebuttal to people enjoying stuff is that we're all mindless drones.

Suros and Found Verdict.

Or Shadow Price and Invective.

I just couldn't get on with the Invective. Found Verdict is just so much better a shotgun than the former. That range upgrade helps of course.

Hey it worked, everyone is looking at you!

And flipping the bird lol

People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3. But I'm not sure they will be able to make it better with patches, the base game had too much shit, you can repair it but the foundation is still broken.

I'm a bit surprised there's still people interested in a game that has everything worthwhile blocked behind stupid grinding and repetitive maps / bullet sponges / uninteresting objectives. But I guess some people are trying to get their value back by investing numerous hours into a lifeless grind full of clichés and bad sci-fi.

its ok man, let the poison out we are here for you

Thread title is a winner. Bravo.

God i think i've been hooked by this game. Even though the story is worse than shit. Even though i was hugely disappointed. Even though i wanted to hate this game.

I CANNOT STOP PLAYING IT.

Apart from afternoon server shutdowns.

lul.

Totally can relate. I keep trying to switch back to FFXIV, so go to dash, load it up...I get to the login screen then I return to dash and choose Destiny.

I checked out the trophioes today, only like 30% of the PS4 population has got an exotic or something...many other surprising stats there. As many have said people here are pretty hardcore. :D I'm counted among them; my lvl 28 hunter has almost 5 exotics weapons and 2 hunter armor pieces and rest is legendary. I wonder if its because the other 70% who started the game stopped playing? haha

Anyway, gutted by downtime. I need my guardian fix...getting shakes...hot sweats, cold sweats...bouts of intense sorrow followed by fits blinding rage, blackouts, random outbursts of tears, hallucinations...I just wanna cap out, IB and get my Pocket Infitiy bounty done.

EL CUCO

I maxed my Shadow Price out last night. It shreds. Simply shreds. That is all I can say about it.

If you didn't catch that, it SHREDS.
6hNZPmY.jpg

Exactly what I want to hear. It's going to be a great weapon to complement my fully upgraded Suros when I need to equip an Exotic Special/Heavy

BokehKing

Banned
Greatest title we had yet, I woke up at 5:30 today, already reached rank 1 iron banner before I left for work, need to break the hunter out so I can get my beta cape

People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3. But I'm not sure they will be able to make it better with patches, the base game had too much shit, you can repair it but the foundation is still broken.

I'm a bit surprised there's still people interested in a game that has everything worthwhile blocked behind stupid grinding and repetitive maps / bullet sponges / uninteresting objectives. But I guess some people are trying to get their value back by investing numerous hours into a lifeless grind full of clichés and bad sci-fi.

How dare we like something that you don't. The humanity!

MechDX

So is everything all nice and reset so I can get my last 40 Vanguard marks and get my Shadow Price finally?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I kind of hate this game, but I keep playing it. I ask myself all the time.. .why the fuck am I gathering this stupid shit for some stupid fuck on a tower.. actually I'm not even collecting stuff... I'm farming headshots.. not just a few.. but a lot..

Yet here I am, kid home sick.. caught up on work.. pissed about the damn stinkbug.

WHICH BY THE WAY IS A GODDAMNED EPIDEMIC HERE IN PORTLAND.

I mean holy fuck, was moving shit into my parents old house, and they had stuff on the deck.. and there was several dozens of the fuckers on everything. The only good think about stinkbugs is flicking them and listening to them thud against a hard surface.

FV is pretty beast. It has 6 shots + full automatic perk. It doesn't have ammo regen though.

I'm better with Fusions usually. For a Fusion Rifle I roll with a maxed out Light/Beware version that dropped, unlike the Vendor this baby has armor piercing.

Nice, Light/Beware was my first legendary drop. I have it maxed out as well, it's a beast in the raid.

Finished the Raid with GAF again and got Regime that I placed in my vault as I already have one that is fully upgraded.
Nightfall only gave me The Cure rocket launcher that I dismantled for energy.

Bizazedo

So does wearing the IB Mark give you 10% more IB rep?

And if it does, that forces me to once again earn Crucible rep? Sigh.

Futaba

I'm pretty sure everyone in this OT thread has already clocked over 12 hours of play time in the game, many will be at ten times that, that's significantly more play time than the average game, and clearly while there are aspects about the game that can be frustrating many of the people here still enjoy the game.

So it begs the question, if you come in to this topic and see people clearly happy with the game, what drives you to question others enjoyment and trample on the game they are enjoying, would you, for example, dislike playing in sand, see a group of people building sand castles, run over and kick them down and say "i don't like sand, why are you playing in sand"?

Bungie really needs to add in a way to join people who you see in specific modes. so, if you see "2 players here" in the Daily Mission you can join them if there is room. Having to go down my huge list of friends and click on every one to figure out what they're doing is dumb.

cnorwood

Banned
OT 7 but how? Look at the reviews, according to the internet this game bombed, everybody lost faith in Bungie and nobody plays this game anymore!

/s

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why the hell would they do maintenance when a whole new, limited time event is taking place?
Bungie hates you, the player. Each action they take is an attempt to push you to the limits of their sadism, to see exactly how much punishment you will take before quitting.

This maintenance spans traditional workday hours for North America and is more convenient for a large portion of the playerbase than even 1:00AM+ PST would be.

Two Words

d9sIrTu.gif

welcome to destiny, where patch schedules are made up and the loot doesn't matter
It's so profoundly stupid. If you're going to have an always-online game, you should be planning your downtime for when the fewest people play.

To everybody responding to this, have you all forgotten this is the start of the Iron Banner? Take care of maintenence BEFORE this limited time event starts.

CREMSteve

It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years. No denying there are things that can be improved on, but the gunplay is excellent, which makes it fun just to jump in and shoot shit. They nailed the "30 second theory" pretty well.

The best element, IMO, is that there's no penalty for playing with people different levels than you. I can go help my lower lvl friends and still collect drops from mobs, earn exp towards my gear and motes of light. So even though I'm repeating the same activities, there's a reason behind it and we can have fun together while doing it.

You may have disliked the game, but that's no reason to call people desperate.

panda-zebra

-there is no incentive to lvl up rahool anymore. If there is, bungie hasnt explained it.

I've been levelling Rahool once every day and a half or so, it's well worth levelling him, had exotics, legendaries, coins and motes, as well as a ton of recyclable junk of course.

So apparently people prefer shotguns in PVP over fusion rifles? Haha ok, but you're doing it wrong. Fusion rifle lets you have a shotgun that can snipe. They are so ridiculously overpowered, and I can't believe this won't be addressed in the future weapon balancing update. Until then, I'll krrp demolishing people in the crucible with it.

You're crazy, the foundation is rock solid. It's why it's so damn fun to play. Even with the repetitive nature of the game, killing the enemies is always satisfying. The feeling of shooting and moving around is top notch. It's why I still liked Diablo 3 at launch even though it obviously needed work still. Blasting mobs was always fun not matter how many hours you spent doing it. Also, not sure why you have to put down those of us who love the game.

realcZk

It's so profoundly stupid. If you're going to have an always-online game, you should be planning your downtime for when the fewest people play.

Tuesday is when Blizzard patches their games as well, statistically its supposed to be the day when the fewest people are on. What confused me was that they called this a "hotfix" but it requires a few hours of downtime. No biggie though, I'm at work anyways :p

BondFancy

That's why I can't access the Destiny app, servers are down, for a second I was freaking when it said I didn't have any characters LOL

you know it! also anybody know if you get good shit when you lvl vangurad past 3?

I reached Rank 5 and got a Mote of Light. Please, refrain from calling me names in jealousy...

Reaching Rank 3 in Dead Orbit spoiled me. I got a Legendary Hand Cannon for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom