• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game.....

I am really just kind of getting sick of it now. I'm always playing the same shit over and over, and always getting the same shit over and over and over. I can tell you I sure do have a shitload of plasteel plating! How is it I can not find one good legendary or exotic weapon no matter how much I play? Hows it it I can never find one more goddamn ascendant shard to level up just one piece of armor? I've gotten so many highlander type 0's and Knight levels 1-4, that I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for each one I get. The only good armor I got was from Xur with strange coins. I got a nice Queens helm from the Queens wrath, but for some reason, every time I play a Queens wrath mission, I get the same helm over and over and over and over x 1000.....

I can't do the Raid because having 6 friends on at the same time is way to difficult to manage. So I'm left replaying the same missions for the same exact worthless stuff. Did I mention over and over and over?

This game is just getting to be way to overly frustrating. My gaming time is limited and once MCC hits, Destiny is done. I was dumb enough to get the season pass, so I will play that content because, hell, I paid for it.
you could always raid with Gaffers. I only have one rl friend that still games and he's still lvl 25 just now. I've raided twice with gaffers and both times it was fun. Most people on here are quite sociable it would seem.

*Splinter

Bungie hates you, the player. Each action they take is an attempt to push you to the limits of their sadism, to see exactly how much punishment you will take before quitting.

This maintenance spans traditional workday hours for North America and is more convenient for a large portion of the playerbase than even 1:00AM+ PST would be.
Yeah but Tuesday? Come on man that's Raid day, I need to kill Atheon 6 times by sunset or I'm officially a scrub...

I'm pretty sure everyone in this OT thread has already clocked over 12 hours of play time in the game, many will be at ten times that, that's significantly more play time than the average game, and clearly while there are aspects about the game that can be frustrating many of the people here still enjoy the game.

So it begs the question, if you come in to this topic and see people clearly happy with the game, what drives you to question others enjoyment and trample on the game they are enjoying, would you, for example, dislike playing in sand, see a group of people building sand castles, run over and kick them down and say "i don't like sand, why are you playing in sand"?

I know why he does it but I'm not allowed to say it here. Personal attacks are a no-no.

BondFancy

I can't do the Raid because having 6 friends on at the same time is way to difficult to manage. So I'm left replaying the same missions for the same exact worthless stuff. Did I mention over and over and over?

I said the same thing until I found Destinylfg.net, then it took 5-10 mins to get a whole group.

This game.....

I am really just kind of getting sick of it now. I'm always playing the same shit over and over, and always getting the same shit over and over and over. I can tell you I sure do have a shitload of plasteel plating! How is it I can not find one good legendary or exotic weapon no matter how much I play? Hows it it I can never find one more goddamn ascendant shard to level up just one piece of armor? I've gotten so many highlander type 0's and Knight levels 1-4, that I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for each one I get. The only good armor I got was from Xur with strange coins. I got a nice Queens helm from the Queens wrath, but for some reason, every time I play a Queens wrath mission, I get the same helm over and over and over and over x 1000.....

This game is just getting to be way to overly frustrating. My gaming time is limited and once MCC hits, Destiny is done. I was dumb enough to get the season pass, so I will play that content because, hell, I paid for it.

With that much game time you should be pretty close to rank 3 for Vaguard and you can just buy a legendary weapon?

am I wrong?

So the Iron Banner gear is still inferior to raid gear? Whats the point to even get the armor, then?

Class Item and Shader is all I want/

milkham

How can so many people think the first day of the Iron Banner event is the slowest day?

they started the server maintenance at 7am pacific 10am eastern, i don't think that is an unreasonable thing to do considering most adults would be at work or on their way to work in the continental united states. Someone is always going to be inconvenienced whenever they do their maintenance.

Sullichin

So the Iron Banner gear is still inferior to raid gear? Whats the point to even get the armor, then?

None really, but get it now before they truly make it worthless and remove ascendant shards as a reward for dismantling them. I'm sure that'll happen tomorrow :)

I'm fully expecting every new mission to include Dinklage hacking a control panel in the exact amount of time it takes you to wipe out 3 waves of enemies. I'm expecting like half of these to be in areas I've already seen.

Same, unfortunately. Hoping for more but I'm skeptical.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I heard someone say that raid gear can take you to level 30?
Well the chest piece they are selling has the same defense as the dustwalker armor I have on my vault. So I just assume they are at the same level as the vanguard/ faction armors, they don't get you to level 30

ryuken-d

Totally can relate. I keep trying to switch back to FFXIV, so go to dash, load it up...I get to the login screen then I return to dash and choose Destiny.

I checked out the trophioes today, only like 30% of the PS4 population has got an exotic or something...many other surprising stats there. As many have said people here are pretty hardcore. :D I'm counted among them; my lvl 28 hunter has almost 5 exotics weapons and 2 hunter armor pieces and rest is legendary. I wonder if its because the other 70% who started the game stopped playing? haha

Anyway, gutted by downtime. I need my guardian fix...getting shakes...hot sweats, cold sweats...bouts of intense sorrow followed by fits blinding rage, blackouts, random outbursts of tears, hallucinations...I just wanna cap out, IB and get my Pocket Infitiy bounty done.

oh man, I know forsure that some people bought the game played the story and returned it?! what!!!!

Hoodbury

How can so many people think the first day of the Iron Banner event is the slowest day?

Because even though it's the first day of the Iron Banner event, it's still just a normal Tuesday morning. Did you think people would use vacation days for the first day of the Iron Banner event? :p

Two Words

C'mon man.
What? It's just idiotic to have a limited time week event start off with hours of maintenence. I set aside a few hours to do this and I won't get much time later this week. So basically, I won't be able to get any loot from the Iron Banner because Bungie decided it was best to start their event with nobody being able to play. Do maintenence before the party starts, not after.

Shito

Hours of down-time is not a hot-fix. I've studied network engineering and games development and I don't get what would take so long.

Bungie sys admins just eating donuts whilst laughing hysterically at the fools (us) at their mercy.

[Edit: Remembered they're deploying to servers all around the world, that'll take longer, but hours?]
Well, if they worked on an F2P game, where every minute of downtime means that much less money getting into your pockets, I can assure you they would have built their network infrastructure in a way that would allow them to "hot-fix" in a few seconds. ^^
Because, yeah, I can't see what can be taking them "several hours" either...

anddo0

The sharders look pretty damn cool.

Don't write it off just yet.. Much like the Queens event, the Banner will return, and most likely with better gear, which will most likely require higher rank with that faction.

In my opinion, at least aim for rank 2.

Lucis

Hours of down-time is not a hot-fix. I've studied network engineering and games development and I don't get what would take so long.

Bungie sys admins just eating donuts whilst laughing hysterically at the fools (us) at their mercy.

[Edit: Remembered they're deploying to servers all around the world, that'll take longer, but hours?]

WTF is with people claiming their street cred with "i've studied xyz" BS

If you really know how engineering works in real world, you know big scale deployment almost never works out to be how it was planned

Two Words

Because even though it's the first day of the Iron Banner event, it's still just a normal Tuesday morning. Did you think people would use vacation days for the first day of the Iron Banner event? :p
In what world does everybody have Monday off and maintenence can't be done then, but everybody works Tuesday?

Bizazedo

Why not do the update yesterday at this time? You know, when the Iron Banner hasn't started.
They don't do their updates on Mondays. I have no idea why.
It's dumb and it's something Bungie should be raked over the coals for. Honestly, it feels like they get off too easily for stuff like that, how buggy the raid was / is, the lag in the raid / PvP..

I can see why they didn't want more than 6 man raids / 12 man PvP, the game can barely handle it as it is.

Yeah but Tuesday? Come on man that's Raid day, I need to kill Atheon 6 times by sunset or I'm officially a scrub...
People who raid before doing Nightfall and Heroic Weeklies are doing it wrong.

Finalow

so what's this new iron banner mode? Just a TDM where the gear actually matters? Which sucks for pvp but whatever, right bungie.

Never go full Season Pass

Qhf7HPu.jpg

Yep. Got sucked in by the hype. And it's a Bungie game. Pretty much the same excuses as everyone else.

None really, but get it now before they truly make it worthless and remove ascendant shards as a reward for dismantling them. I'm sure that'll happen tomorrow :)
"for your great accomplishment in the arena we grant you this armor made by the legendary he.." Guardian: "yeah great, does this turn into shards when I trash it?".

Futaba

Since I seem to find myself in places I shouldn't be fairly often, I decided to make @LetsBreakGames a thing so i can speedily upload screenshots without messing about exporting/uploading

Bizazedo

In what world does everybody have Monday off and maintenence can't be done then, but everybody works Tuesday?

More people are likely to take off Mondays to make it a three day weekend. Tuesday, not so much.

C'mon, man, now you're really reaching.

milkham

If they did it yesterday people would complain about not being able to finish their raids or SOMETHING. just because it is personally inconvenient for you doesn't mean it is wrong.

One Legendary and all energies from Nightfall.

But yeah, 1 for 8 is craaaaazy.

Regarding being at a disadvantage, my point was if I cannot level up, I cannot tackle higher difficulty sessions to challenge myself such as hard raid.

Still my point was, it seems abundantly clear that everyone IS lucky in a sense, it's just that they are more inclined to specific items that others are not. I just can't see how that boils to chance considering that, in theory, most of everything rewarded to us has a practical use in the game. If the rates are as terrible as you say, there is NO way I am rolling a legendary for Rahool's first 10 level ups. That's contradicting. Hence my confusion. Which is it? (/rhetorical). Are the drop rates terrible or not? Or is mutually exclusive items an issue?

I am not unlucky for getting lots of energies that someone else isn't getting, I am unlucky because I am not getting the shards they are and on a very consistent basis and vice versa.

I think that what you're not really accepting is that chance isn't really a guarantee. If I flip a quarter 100 times, chances are that it will land on heads somewhere close to 50% of the time. However, that doesn't mean that it's not possible for it to land on head 75% of the time or more. It's much more likely to be close to 50% but any percentage is still a possibility.

You've gotten less Legendary Engrams from Rahool Post-patch than Pre-patch. I've gotten more Legendary Engrams from Rahool Post-patch than Pre-patch. All these streaks mean is that Destiny calculates each dice roll individually, rather than keeping track of each players overall percentage and choosing drops to keep the results "balanced."

Why not do the update yesterday at this time? You know, when the Iron Banner hasn't started.

So then the people who were trying to squeeze in their last Queens Missions for rewards would complain instead?

With that much game time you should be pretty close to rank 3 for Vaguard and you can just buy a legendary weapon?

am I wrong?

How is it people lower than me already have them though? In some cases more than one. grrrrrr.....

EDIT: Also how about the fact when I do get a new piece of lengendary armor that looks sweet, ITS ALWAYS FOR A DIFFERENT CLASS!

ryuken-d

Bungie really needs to add in a way to join people who you see in specific modes. so, if you see "2 players here" in the Daily Mission you can join them if there is room. Having to go down my huge list of friends and click on every one to figure out what they're doing is dumb.

I wish my join me tab didnt defaut to friends only everytime. I wnat it to be open to anyone, wtf?!

Marvel

could never
Looking forward to doing Iron Banner, need to get Nightfall outta the way 1st though damn game kicked us out halfway through.

GG Bungie, lol.

iLVRzsoAMebYR.gif

amar212

But is it true?

Yes.

Exotic (golden) gear and Raid gear are the only gear-items than can gain 30 Lights in upgrades.

Thus, only way to reach LV30 - which asks for 120 Lights equipped - is to have either 3 Raid gear-items + one exotic, or 4 Raid items maxed out - 30+30+30+30=120.

However, it seems how Raid Helmet can only be gained by playing Raid on Hard (chance drop, not guaranteed) so the Exotic helmet is the certain way to get to 120 if Raid Drop Lords are nice to you for other 3 pieces of the equipment (chest, hands, legs).

Aw crap I meant to type "Can Iron Banner gear take you to 30?" Too much Monster Energy Drink™ this morning.

You owe me money for typing all this above for nothing, standard layer's fee apply.

;)

*Splinter

People who raid before doing Nightfall and Heroic Weeklies are doing it wrong.
Please, if you can't finish Nightfall 3 times within an hour of reset, you might as well stop playing right now.

Before anyone takes me seriously, this is sarcasm, although I did already do Nightfall thanks :p

so what's this new iron banner mode? Just a TDM where the gear actually matters? Which sucks for pvp but whatever, right bungie.

It's for the highest level players to duke it out between themselves where all the stats are at play and are no longer standardized like in the regular PvP playlists. Sure, you can come in with Icebreaker as a level 25, but that level 30 Raid veteran is just going to take the shot as a dinner bell rather than a death note.

Doesn't take away from the other PvP modes. If you aren't ready, stick with them, Raid, whatever until you can jump in yourself. No different than being a lower level in PvE trying to do Nightfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom