• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3. But I'm not sure they will be able to make it better with patches, the base game had too much shit, you can repair it but the foundation is still broken.

I'm a bit surprised there's still people interested in a game that has everything worthwhile blocked behind stupid grinding and repetitive maps / bullet sponges / uninteresting objectives. But I guess some people are trying to get their value back by investing numerous hours into a lifeless grind full of clichés and bad sci-fi.

Because it's fun?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's word that people haven't caught on. When I see it get dropped I just lol and walk away.
Same. I keep hearing that Bladedancers can just run in with Arc Blade and kill easy or that it's 2 hits on a full titan with the shield but I honestly have had experiences that do not match up with that at all. I don't know if it's Blessing of Light/full Armor spec that's making the difference or what but I've definitely had titans live after two or even three hits (completely positive) and shotgun/melee me and then dance in their bubble. I stay away.

People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3. But I'm not sure they will be able to make it better with patches, the base game had too much shit, you can repair it but the foundation is still broken.

I'm a bit surprised there's still people interested in a game that has everything worthwhile blocked behind stupid grinding and repetitive maps / bullet sponges / uninteresting objectives. But I guess some people are trying to get their value back by investing numerous hours into a lifeless grind full of clichés and bad sci-fi.

Lol wow
My life

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm happy that I got the last raid gear I needed before servers went down. I think I should hit 30 tomorrow, have a bunch of ascendant shards as well.

Bizazedo

Same. I keep hearing that Bladedancers can just run in with Arc Blade and kill easy or that it's 2 hits on a full titan with the shield but I honestly have had experiences that do not match up with that at all. I don't know if it's Blessing of Light/full Armor spec that's making the difference or what but I've definitely had titans live after two or even three hits (completely positive) and shotgun/melee me and then dance in their bubble. I stay away.

The true answer is all of the abovedue to lag :).

ibraLsUgDxAaU4.gif

Evil Beaver

I've killed the people inside as well a bunch of times.

It's weirf that people haven't caught on. When I see it get dropped I just lol and walk away.

I've had it pop and taken no damage and I've been obliterated too. Probably depends on what spec the Voidwalker had. Whenever I see a Titan with a yellow box charge I know he's going to Titan Smash me and I nope the hell outta there because that super will knock out the WoD and kill everyone everywhere.

LiK

Feel free to criticize the game but don't be a jerk towards the players who are enjoying it.

Might be because the epilogue is pure trash in PVP. Impact is way too low.

Even when using the devil you know hancannon it only does 7 more damage... Still a 3 bullet minimum to kill, same as normal PvP... Is it only suros that feels like it became more deadly?

Ordinator

Could it be that I'm actually just having fun playing the game? Is it possible that many of us enjoy the game despite its flaws?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was thinking Pocket Infinity in the Nightfall tonight for the "EVERYTHING DIES" via burn, but maybe I'll stick with 77 Wizard and Hawkmoon for the XP. I'm not setting foot in the Iron Banner without Hawkmoon maxed out. Them aces gonna be my salvation in there.

It's just Control, eh? :( I am totally in the minority on this but it's my least favorite mode. I much prefer Clash (EXCEPT on first light and bastion) and Rumble. Skirmish and Salvage with a GAF team are probably my favorites overall though.

:lol

Evuk

So I've been away on holiday for 4 weeks, and I've finally started playing some Destiny...
Really enjoying it so far (level 8) and not sure why its been getting such mediocre reviews.
Guess I have much more of the game to go through.

If anyone is also pretty new or has a new character they want to party up with
give me a shout

PSN ID: Evuk
US East
Available mostly weekday afternoons / evenings

Just remember we're laughing AT you, not with you.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

People like different things. Don't act so smug because you're no better than anyone.

jett

D-Member
I hope Bungie nerfs shotties and AR's ASAP. This game is becoming dangerously close to being a two-weapon game, to the point that the longer they take to patch this shit out the more people will probably drop the game when they do LOL.

Fitts

Sarcasm?

At any rate, I'll continue to play for a long time since I enjoy the gameplay loop. I've gotten some good loot without doing any grinding, but I could honestly care less about all that. Getting stuff is never my incentive for playing a game and Destiny is no different. I just want to have fun and Destiny gives me that whether co-oping with friends or playing pvp so I'm elated with my purchase.

patchday

Is the new Nightfall solo-able? I need to do the bounty for 200 Fusion rifle kills and last weeks was a no-go.

I'm a level 27 Hunter BTW.

ouch. You shoulda done that before the reset. In Mars there was an area with L28s that counted towards that awful grindy bounty. I took my character up to L28 and finished it that way

I want the Shadow Price! I saw a level 28 using it on a Hard Raid stream and it was doing way more damage than AE.

As soon as I get my marks up, it's mine.

I maxed my Shadow Price out last night. It shreds. Simply shreds. That is all I can say about it.

If you didn't catch that, it SHREDS.

Zakalwe

Banned

Hey it worked, everyone is looking at you!

Thread title is a winner. Bravo.

God i think i've been hooked by this game. Even though the story is worse than shit. Even though i was hugely disappointed. Even though i wanted to hate this game.

I CANNOT STOP PLAYING IT.

Apart from afternoon server shutdowns.

lul.

patchday

I like the scifi backdrop, some of the armor designs, etc. I found the Crucible fun

Anyone planning on playing Iron Banner when servers come back up?

We have a small group going. Won every game we've played so far. Feel free to join.

PSN: Catfax

Fitts

I hope Bungie nerfs shotties and AR's ASAP. This game is becoming dangerously close to being a two-weapon game, to the point that the longer they take to patch this shit out the more people will probably drop the game when they do LOL.

I play auto rifle in both pvp and pve and use a shotgun in pvp. Still, I share your concern and hope that the balancing will be enough. I'm also fearing a mass exodus when Bladedancer gets the nerf bat.

Manp

People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 is a new IP? 3?

Dave_6

ouch. You shoulda done that before the reset. In Mars there was an area with L28s that counted towards that awful grindy bounty. I took my character up to L28 and finished it that way

I tried it but it was just too difficult IMO. I was only getting one kill, maybe two before I was dead each time.

I play auto rifle in both pvp and pve and use a shotgun in pvp. Still, I share your concern and hope that the balancing will be enough. I'm also fearing a mass exodus when Bladedancer gets the nerf bat.

ugggggh, bladedancer ate a rocket , 2 sniper rounds and a throwing knife earlier.

pyrandes

Getting to an OT7 really show (to me at least) how solid/good the core gameplay loop Destiny contains in order to keep us addicted and post so much..

That said, I hope to get the raid/nightfall done this week.. Still have yet to finish a nightfall, but pop in to get some kills for the PI solo every so often. As such, be glad to help those that need it (after 5pm PDT generally on weekdays). I'll have to see about forming a group for the raid and I still feel bad for bailing out like I did last week on Hawkian and his group :/.

Got my first choice at an exotic bounty between Invectus, Thorn and Bad Juju,

I went Juju in hopes the pulse rifle buff is real. Please be real.

SkylineRKR

Don't have a Found Verdict. Actually never had a legendary shotgun. :/

I go Fusion Rifle instead.

FV is pretty beast. It has 6 shots + full automatic perk. It doesn't have ammo regen though.

I'm better with Fusions usually. For a Fusion Rifle I roll with a maxed out Light/Beware version that dropped, unlike the Vendor this baby has armor piercing.

I had a big huge post ready to reply to this but decided against it.

all I will say is that I hope this is sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom