• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

Bungie hates you, the player. Each action they take is an attempt to push you to the limits of their sadism, to see exactly how much punishment you will take before quitting.

This maintenance spans traditional workday hours for North America and is more convenient for a large portion of the playerbase than even 1:00AM+ PST would be.
Why not do the maintenence before the Iron Banner event? You know, before the limited time event that only lasts a week?

I'm pretty sure everyone in this OT thread has already clocked over 12 hours of play time in the game, many will be at ten times that, that's significantly more play time than the average game, and clearly while there are aspects about the game that can be frustrating many of the people here still enjoy the game.

So it begs the question, if you come in to this topic and see people clearly happy with the game, what drives you to question others enjoyment and trample on the game they are enjoying, would you, for example, dislike playing in sand, see a group of people building sand castles, run over and kick them down and say "i don't like sand, why are you playing in sand"?

I bet they would.

I had a big huge post ready to reply to this but decided against it.

all I will say is that I hope this is sarcasm.

From my experience in other threads, it isn't. Oddly enough, there's plenty of ways to string the game up reasonably without throwing everyone else under the bus. Don't see why that becomes a default approach for so many recently.

Back on topic, hopefully I can get my first Raid in this week if I can level up just a bit more to feel comfortable going in. Right now at 27 and the gear I have, I feel like I'll be weighing the team down.
Why not do the maintenence before the Iron Banner event? You know, before the limited time event that only lasts a week?

But that would be cutting into the super-important and rewarding Queen's Wrath event.

dork

Banned
Reached 20 this past week for first time. Didnt even realize there was a subclass...so now I am trying to level up my subclass..its pretty tough

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So apparently people prefer shotguns in PVP over fusion rifles? Haha ok, but you're doing it wrong. Fusion rifle lets you have a shotgun that can snipe. They are so ridiculously overpowered, and I can't believe this won't be addressed in the future weapon balancing update. Until then, I'll krrp demolishing people in the crucible with it.

A lot that is due to the instant boom of a shotty and the delay of a fusion. Fusion can be devastating.. but the shot up close is instakill.

Two Words

Tuesday is when Blizzard patches their games as well, statistically its supposed to be the day when the fewest people are on. What confused me was that they called this a "hotfix" but it requires a few hours of downtime. No biggie though, I'm at work anyways :p
Again, going "AND THE IRON BANNER IS OPEEEEEEEEN!!!........but please wait several hours to play it. We decided it would be best to do maintenence at the start of one of the most sought after limited-time events in this game" is just stupid.

So does wearing the IB Mark give you 10% more IB rep?

And if it does, that forces me to once again earn Crucible rep? Sigh.

ibxS0dvhkLpuUG.png

jeffc919

Bungie really needs to add in a way to join people who you see in specific modes. so, if you see "2 players here" in the Daily Mission you can join them if there is room. Having to go down my huge list of friends and click on every one to figure out what they're doing is dumb.

Agreed. I also think something isn't working quite right because it seems whenever I do that, 90% of the people in my list show as "in orbit".

Sullichin

So apparently people prefer shotguns in PVP over fusion rifles? Haha ok, but you're doing it wrong. Fusion rifle lets you have a shotgun that can snipe. They are so ridiculously overpowered, and I can't believe this won't be addressed in the future weapon balancing update. Until then, I'll krrp demolishing people in the crucible with it.

Fusion Rifle and shotgun are both excellent and I probably see them in equal measure in the Crucible. I think they are pretty much balanced ok against each other, but shotgun is getting a range nerf which is probably for the best.

SkylineRKR

Yeah shotties are good from up close and don't have to charge. Fusion doesn't really help if your AR doesn't kill someone and he's closing in for the melee. If I run with Invective I switch and just hold the trigger.

Is The Devil You Know worth 150 Vanguard marks?

I think its the second best Hand Cannon? Its worth it if you don't get your hopes up for a Last Word anytime soon (looking at you Xur and RNG).

This game.....

I am really just kind of getting sick of it now. I'm always playing the same shit over and over, and always getting the same shit over and over and over. I can tell you I sure do have a shitload of plasteel plating! How is it I can not find one good legendary or exotic weapon no matter how much I play? Hows it it I can never find one more goddamn ascendant shard to level up just one piece of armor? I've gotten so many highlander type 0's and Knight levels 1-4, that I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for each one I get. The only good armor I got was from Xur with strange coins. I got a nice Queens helm from the Queens wrath, but for some reason, every time I play a Queens wrath mission, I get the same helm over and over and over and over x 1000.....

I can't do the Raid because having 6 friends on at the same time is way to difficult to manage. So I'm left replaying the same missions for the same exact worthless stuff. Did I mention over and over and over?

This game is just getting to be way to overly frustrating. My gaming time is limited and once MCC hits, Destiny is done. I was dumb enough to get the season pass, so I will play that content because, hell, I paid for it.

Maybe now is when the least people play? And maybe it's a stability update?

looks like they're trying to fix the horrible server problems that have plagued the game since launch.
NOTE: The following update will be applied at approximately 7AM Pacific on Tuesday, October 7th. The maintenance window for this work will interrupt Destiny services for several hours. You will be unable to play the game during that time.

Summary
Most of the changes included in this update will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. The player experience will remain unchanged, aside from the stability for some users who have encountered issues connecting to servers.

Client fixes

Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
Improved logging of player disconnections
Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons

Server Fixes

Security fixes
Server performance improvements
Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters

So you can't buy guns? Or is this picture just omitting that info?

http://www.bungie.net/en/event/ironbanner

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
It's so profoundly stupid. If you're going to have an always-online game, you should be planning your downtime for when the fewest people play.

Wait, what? It's early Tuesday in the US. Which, is where I imagine the least amount of people are trying to play...

Evil Beaver

This game.....

I am really just kind of getting sick of it now. I'm always playing the same shit over and over, and always getting the same shit over and over and over. I can tell you I sure do have a shitload of plasteel plating! How is it I can not find one good legendary or exotic weapon no matter how much I play? Hows it it I can never find one more goddamn ascendant shard to level up just one piece of armor? I've gotten so many highlander type 0's and Knight levels 1-4, that I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for each one I get. The only good armor I got was from Xur with strange coins. I got a nice Queens helm from the Queens wrath, but for some reason, every time I play a Queens wrath mission, I get the same helm over and over and over and over x 1000.....

I can't do the Raid because having 6 friends on at the same time is way to difficult to manage. So I'm left replaying the same missions for the same exact worthless stuff. Did I mention over and over and over?

This game is just getting to be way to overly frustrating. My gaming time is limited and once MCC hits, Destiny is done. I was dumb enough to get the season pass, so I will play that content because, hell, I paid for it.

Never go full Season Pass

Qhf7HPu.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thread title should've been "Hawkian |OT7| Destiny".

I hope they fixed the issue where they have 'Wear a shader/mark for X faction' bounties showing up in the first day.

Cause if they didn't oh god.

Greenymac

I have this weird feeling I'm going to wind up with The Last Word randomly even though I don't care about it, when so many are clamoring for it. XD

Fatebringer on the other hand... well, my trusty Devil would have to sell its soul to be traded up.

At this point, I would take fatebringer, Hawkmoon, or the last word. hell, i just need a new handcannon to level up...

Hours of down-time is not a hot-fix. I've studied network engineering and games development and I don't get what would take so long.

Bungie sys admins just eating donuts whilst laughing hysterically at the fools (us) at their mercy.

[Edit: Remembered they're deploying to servers all around the world, that'll take longer, but hours?]

Posting this one more time for whoever was looking for it:

Someone was asking for this at the end of the last thread:

http://imgur.com/a/0Pmoa

The maps aren't easy to look at unless you've been to them before, but you can get a sense of what's going on.

The easiest way to tell if a map works for Control or not is usually by the shape of the triangle the control points make. If B has an equal distance to A and C, then the map works better (See Twilight Gap, or Shores of Time). Maps with a lopsided triangle (Scalene for you nerds) tend to cause more problems (See Blind Watch). Finally, if the triangle to so narrow you almost have a straight line, the map turns into this weird tug of war style gameplay and loses it's purpose (See Exodus Blue or Firebase Delphi).

Is The Devil You Know worth 150 Vanguard marks?

hmm, i've been using it for a couple weeks, seems pretty great to me. plenty of 5 kill streaks in PvP, and i'm not a particularly good player. it's odd how often i get headshots with it, something seems off but i don't mind lol.

wait.. is the game down? now when i finally have 3 hours to play, and i cant wait to boot up my ps4? i can't play? fuck.

This game.....

Why not try and get a crew together here? My situation has been similar, but my time will be freed up considerably this week to finally jump into the Raid and attempt more group sessions for the Dailies (past two days have been evil) and Weeklies.

Also, I suggest doing Vanguard Tiger playlist. Still super repetitive, but the gear payout is better than anything outside of the Nightfall.

Edit: To be fair, I'm somewhat at a similar point. I'll be moving for the second time this year in a few weeks and doing a lot of traveling before and after, and there's more games coming out and a backlog that I don't want to ignore for the sake of grinding out for the off-chance of a RNGjesus blessing to feel some progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom