• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Finally got this damn thing last night!
15478111102_6a246a3cdc_o.jpg

Currently 221 of 500 on the Thorn Crucible bounty... :/

E92 M3

Because you'll complete the raid 5 times like me and get nothing but shards and no raid gear :p

I feel your pain my friend. I feel it deep within my soul. Last night I was crushed to not receive any raid gear yet again. Hate how random Bungie made it. Leveling up should not be random.

EL CUCO

On my first raid, i raided with friends in the uk after they finished work (im in japan) we STARTED at 2am my time, when we finished i turned on my pc and started work, playing in between during breaks/lunch thanks to PiP.

no regrets

I told my wife this morning that I was going to take the day off from Destiny

I lied

So I purchased the Hex Caster Arc auto rifle from the crucible vendor...after you get the reduced recoil upgrade this thing absolutely shreds! If you stack crit hits it eats enemies/other players up because of the incredible fire rate. Somebody here had recommended against it because it's lack of stability, but hadn't even upgraded the stability yet...definitely worth it if you're into more close/mid range combat. It also has 66 rounds in the mag so you can get multiple kills in crucible without having to reload. Also does more damage for the bottom half of the magazine which helps with the low impact.

right?! I chose those like planet hologram ball things from the speaker so at least it becomes noticeable. haha. tho after while it becomes apparent its kinda ugly. lolol. oh well.

Yeah lol. I mean I don't know what it could be, but SOMETHING more noticeable and bad ass. Maybe like an arm sleeve or shoulder pads or something.

For your first character, yes. Not the second.

Oh I didn't realize this. I might level my alt up there since I do not look forward to going through the story missions again.

realcZk

Leveling up my Raid Gear. Should get me to high 29 by tomorrow.

Ahh yes, the feels. Managed to snag two pieces of raid gear last night and I'm back down to 27 as I level them up :)

I have fully upgraded queens gear, wish it would give shards when I dismantle... :(

Bizazedo

Exactly, just saw a lv16 on the opposing team outscore everyone on that team, he killed a lot of people and really didn't notice him going down quicker or taking longer to kill us.

It felt like there was a difference in Beta.

I...I don't get it.

realcZk

The iron banner is really no different than regular pvp. I don't notice any equipment advantage. It's actually pretty sad.

Yeah there's really no damage difference that I've noticed. The AR you get in the beginning of the game does the same damage as my 300 dmg AR. Maybe its defense that's scaled? Who knows.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel your pain my friend. I feel it deep within my soul. Last night I was crushed to not receive any raid gear yet again. Hate how random Bungie made it. Leveling up should not be random.

Yeah :\ I can't complain too much because others here remind me that I am super lucky when it comes to exotic/legendary weapons. I just dont' want to receive chatterwhite anymore.

Hurley

Got nothing but shards during this weeks raid again :(

Hopefully when we go at it on hard I'll get some gear, I've got 86 shards to burn now lol

Homeboyd

I would kill for even one raid gear item... ;) You got that on your first attempt didn't you...

I would also kill for an ice breaker. You got both!

Ambitious

Good call. This is absolutely worth prioritizing

Not the guy you replied to, but: I'm trying to gather two guns for each gun type I use: One exotic with elemental damage, and one legendary with another type of elemental damage. That way, I'm prepared for pretty much anything.

I'm pretty satisfied with my current set of weapons. I just need to 1) replace the last two rares with legendaries and 2) get the Suros somehow.

Also a good call- 28 is a really good spot to be at.

I'm going to have to do the same. I need 5 more light points for level 28, but I don't have any shards..

Namikaze1

Do you have a heroic raid group that I could join? 29 in both warlock and titan
I do. Sadly, it's full.
Ahh yes, the feels. Managed to snag two pieces of raid gear last night and I'm back down to 27 as I level them up :)

I have fully upgraded queens gear, wish it would give shards when I dismantle... :(
I have three Raid pieces, two of which I got yesterday. Those are the two I'm leveling up since the Helmet is already maxed out. Just need the boots and my Titan is golden for 30.

hydruxo

Yeah : I can't complain too much because others here remind me that I am super lucky when it comes to exotic/legendary weapons. I just dont' want to receive chatterwhite anymore.

I think it's pretty dumb that chatterwhite isn't a one time reward. No reason to keep giving it out.

Daemul

Shaders, ships, sparrows, class items, shards and energy dropping from bosses is bullshit, leave that crap to chests.

Only weapons and armour should drop from bosses.

Namikaze1

The only problem I have is Shards. I need 42 to max both my Raid Chest and Gauntlets. I would then need an additional 21 shards for the boots if I ever get them.
As of right now, I have enough to fully upgrade one of the armor pieces, and do one upgrade on the other.

E92 M3

I would kill for even one raid gear item... ;) You got that on your first attempt didn't you...

I would also kill for an ice breaker. You got both!

First raid gear came in a few raids in and that's where the cool rewards stopped. And Ice Breaker I got lucky with. At the end of the day it all balances out somehow, but I really want to get to 30.

rNilla

Wow, down by two players on Blind Watch and we still almost pulled it off. They got greedy and went for A a couple times which of course flipped the spawns and nearly cost them the game.

Ramirez

Did the raid on all 3 characters last night and didn't get anything but shards until my lock on the last run. I never play it, so of course she gets all the drops, heh. At least it was mostly weapons.

2 Suros, chest, 2 Praedyth, and a Epilogue. I bought Suros from Xur, so those were sharded immediately. Excited to try out Epilogue later today.

Played 12 Iron Banner matches this morning. Won only 2 of them. Bad luck? Playing against parties most the time? Who knows. I know one thing, this shouldn't have been Control or the reward system should give out a little something to the losers because if your team doesn't 2 cap in the first 2 minutes, guaranteed to have quitters which in turn makes you lose the match.

Should have been TDM.

Atkison04

I started to use the ice breaker a lot in PvE and it really is the first weapon that I feel is a "game changer". Being able to snipe indefinitely with unlimited ammo makes such a difference in how I play.

I think this is my most wanted weapon. I always use a sniper rifle in PVE. The ice breaker and unlocking Fireborn for my alt Warlock would be the best combo that I can imagine for weekly heroic strikes and nightfall. Has Xur ever sold the ice breaker or has it only been from rewards/drops so far?

Namikaze1

I lucked out yesterday with the Raid gear. Skipping normal for hard/heroic was a wise decision. I probably wouldn't have gotten the pieces if I had done normal and then hard.

E92 M3

Shaders, ships, sparrows, class items, shards and energy dropping from bosses is bullshit, leave that crap to chests.

The problem is that Bungie didn't implement any logic into the RNG system. It's a very basic loot table with just random chances. There are no calculations taking place about progress of the player. No fail-safes for not getting the same shit 5 times. It's just a random loot distribution. There is no reason why they couldn't GUARANTEE at least one piece of raid per run to assure some kind of progress. For such a talented studio they certainly overlooked some basic game design. I think they're just too big now and small details are getting overlooked.

Played 12 Iron Banner matches this morning. Won only 2 of them. Bad luck? Playing against parties most the time? Who knows. I know one thing, this shouldn't have been Control or the reward system should give out a little something to the losers because if your team doesn't 2 cap in the first 2 minutes, guaranteed to have quitters which in turn makes you lose the match.

Should have been TDM.

Yes, control takes too long and parties dominate. At least with clash I have a small chance of carrying the team.

Acrylic7

So the Iron banner rep boost only works with both the Shader and Emblem equipped? And if so, does equipping the shaders and emblems work for other factions?

hydruxo

Did the raid on all 3 characters last night and didn't get anything but shards until my lock on the last run. I never play it, so of course she gets all the drops, heh. At least it was mostly weapons.

2 Suros, chest, 2 Praedyth, and a Epilogue. I bought Suros from Xur, so those were sharded immediately. Excited to try out Epilogue later today.

Should've kept a Suros so you could have a fully upgraded one and a high RoF one.

Fixed1979

There is still one more part of the bounty to do now. I'm not really in a hurry so if you want to try and join up to do the last part together I can wait until you're done with the PvP part.

I play evenings around 7:30 or 8:00 CST. PSN: Hoodbury

Sent you a request from the mobile app (which everyone should download if they haven't yet). I honestly probably won't get a chance to finish off the last of the PVP requirement until tomorrow though.

Shit, I'm starting to feel pretty lucky about my raid gear situation. I've only been in there 3 times and received a piece I needed all 3 times. "who wants to fucking touch me!" - Cartman

Raven77

How are the Iron Banner items for Warlocks? I looked at them yesterday and didn't see anything that exciting. Although the bonds are cool looking. He only seemed to have 1 weapon, a heavy, and 2 armor slot pieces.

Not sure but it seems like I would have better luck farming Vanguard to get those items instead.

Bizazedo

Naw. It's pretty normal in MMO's for "mounts" and stuff like shaders / sparrows to drop from bosses. If anything, Destiny is more generous on this front. In WoW, 10 man crew kills a boss, maybe 2-3 people get loot? Everyone else gets nothing.

Here, at least everyone gets something.

That and I've said it before, but the ship and the shader are the best loots as they'll last forever. The loot is replaceable.

As for the shader...Hydro! Alts!

My level 11 dude is rocking the Chatterwhite and I've gotten 4 Outrageous Fortune ships. I didn't think of alts and dismantled one, but now all three of my dudes rock the best ship.

Homeboyd

I think this is my most wanted weapon. I always use a sniper rifle in PVE. The ice breaker and unlocking Fireborn for my alt Warlock would be the best combo that I can imagine for weekly heroic strikes and nightfall. Has Xur ever sold the ice breaker or has it only been from rewards/drops so far?
Only rewards/drops. Trust me, if Xur has it one week, you will know. I will be running around and screaming like an idiot.

It's the only thing I want. Fuck a level 30 or raid gear or mythoclast or anything else. That's it. That's all I want.

hydruxo

Naw. It's pretty normal in MMO's for "mounts" and stuff like shaders / sparrows to drop from bosses. If anything, Destiny is more generous on this front. In WoW, 10 man crew kills a boss, maybe 2-3 people get loot? Everyone else gets nothing.

That and I've said it before, but the ship and the shader are the best loots as they'll last forever. The loot is replaceable.

As for the shader...Hydro! Alts!

My level 11 dude is rocking the Chatterwhite and I've gotten 4 Outrageous Fortune ships. I didn't think of alts and dismantled one, but now all three of my dudes rock the best ship.

True but if I get chatterwhite again tonight I will not be a happy camper haha

Atkison04

Also, anyone using the cheese spot under the platform for the weekly/nightfall, watch your back. Me and a buddy did the 6 coin run last night to form our strategy for doing the nightfall. I was occupying the cheese spot and he was across the valley where you can climb up (on the left hand side when you first drop down where the boss is). I was handling everything just fine in my spot, but I got one shotted by an incoming drop ship that I never saw coming. Maybe because it took us a while to drop the boss (I was using level 24 character), but beware of drop ships when you are in that spot).

The raid showed me a lot of love this week. I got the chest armor, boots, and the automatic scout rifle with solar element, and a shotgun. The chest armor and boots were the only pieces I needed to make it to level 30

Ambitious

The problem is that Bungie didn't implement any logic into the RNG system. It's a very basic loot table with just random chances. There are no calculations taking place about progress of the player. No fail-safes for not getting the same shit 5 times. It's just a random loot distribution. There is no reason why they couldn't GUARANTEE at least one piece of raid per run to assure some kind of progress. For such a talented studio they certainly overlooked some basic game design. I think they're just too big now and small details are getting overlooked.

The same thing goes for the Crucible map selection, obviously. Playing the same map two times consecutively is bad enough, but at least once I've witnessed the same one being chosen three times in a row.

cjp

Never noticed that the Sun actually moves across the sky on the Moon and the lighting of Earth changes to match.

This...and no more DKP :)

Niccolo

So last night I grab the iron banner bounties that I feel will be possible for me and head in for some matches. Of course my first match I end up in first place for the first time ever and don't have that bounty. That was about 15 matches ago and I haven't been close since. I am now sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom