• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futaba

pretty much my reaction to lack of matchmaking in weekly/nightfall, first time and every time since.

lone-wolf-highway-1.jpg

Bring it on *pats scout rifle*

void666

Banned
Nightfall completed three times.
Rewards:

10 ass energies
Final rest fusion rifle
Comedian shotgun

Where are my exotics RNGesus?

Oh well, tonight I'm doing weekly for the third time. Will have at least 59 coins when xur arrives. Hope he brings the good stuff.

EL CUCO

I really thought my playtime would have went down by now. NOPE.
Still addicted as ever and went back to working on my ALT's.

Same here. Between the Nightfall last night with my two classes, daily, farming, public events, went to bed at 3:30am, while having to get up for work at 6:30am
-_- Even then, I put the controller down reluctantly.

Namikaze1

Lol!

I just turned on my PS4 and got nearly 12 Destiny notifications 2 minutes in. All from yesterday afternoon. Goddammit Sony! Get this shit fix!

Toddv360, several of those notifications were the party chat invites as well as the Raid invite.

But seriously, what the hell?! Shouldn't stuff like that pop up immediately as soon as it is sent and not several hours later?

MADGAME

I wish the Tower Vault had a larger capacity, or each character has their own vault with a shared transition vault to move items. First world Destiny problems, but I'm starting to run out of room holding Legendaries/Exotics, and transferring them and engrams between characters

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't know about you but I'm prioritizing Legendary Specials and Heavies based on Elemental damage type, because I'm seriously short at times when it comes to dealing specific damage.
Good call. This is absolutely worth prioritizing
I blew all my marks on 3 legendary chests, them melted them for a return of 9 ass shards. Gave me enough to finally reach 28
Also a good call- 28 is a really good spot to be at.

Futaba

Same here. Between the Nightfall last night with my two classes, daily, farming, public events, went to bed at 3:30am, while having to get up for work at 6:30am
-_- Even then, I put the controller down reluctantly.
On my first raid, i raided with friends in the uk after they finished work (im in japan) we STARTED at 2am my time, when we finished i turned on my pc and started work, playing in between during breaks/lunch thanks to PiP.

no regrets

kaiiri

I really wish Warlocks had a cooler class item. I barely notice the bond half the time, meanwhile Hunters get a full on cape/hood. Titans are a little shafted as well but at least they are more noticeable and I've seen some really cool ones (like the Raid item).

right?! I chose those like planet hologram ball things from the speaker so at least it becomes noticeable. haha. tho after while it becomes apparent its kinda ugly. lolol. oh well.

Yeah, I still have to detach myself emotionally from crucible. However, I would love to see some weapon balance.

Suros is absolutely deadly at any range, my Shingen stands no chance against it. As an exotic, I understand it's very powerful, but that's the reason I'm not playing the Iron Banner - my equipment is not powerful enough and people would crush me just on pure attack rating. Suros in your standard Crucible should be at least a bit toned down.

Fusion rifles kill everything at medium range. Sure, they are risky, but most people do get to fire two shots before they go down (since some among them have ridiculously low charge time).

I'm fine with shotguns since keeping people away and not allowing them to sprint/slide to close range is effective counter (it can be difficult in close quarters).

There are some serious balancing issues in Crucible which I hope Bungie sorts out.

Attack rating doesn't seem to affect things all that much to be honest. I have an upgraded Suros and just bought a Vanquisher and I can kill people just as easily with the latter.

Like normal crucible it just comes down to whether you get the drop on someone and if you can keep the reticle on their head.

I guess stats don't really matter much whatsoever though, being higher level is way more important.
In the raid? Not really.

But you still want good gear for other PvE and PvP so getting supers/grenades more often is still worth it.

I am personally in the same situation because all my gear has strength on it and the stats stop scaling at like 250-270 or so while I have like 330 strength.

Bizazedo

Semed, KingofCrash, kotd, tonight at 10 est / 7 pst!

As for the rest of you....

I hit Dead Orbit rank 3 last night and got the heavy machine gun. The vendor version sucks pretty badly so I immediately was thinking "Hey, Ascendant Energy, nice", but the gift version had Crowd Control (more damage after killing people) and a huge stability unlockable upgrade.

It also had one other perk that was good that I can't remember. In short, the gift blew the baseline model away and I am now hoping to level it up for Crucible / when I can't use Thunderlord. That and the Dead Orbit paintjob is fantastic.

In short, the gifts are worthwhile.

Jetman

What are the base stats of the Iron Banner armor? Are they stronger in Intellect, Strength, or Discipline? I need a decent helm with Intellect on it...,

Hoodbury

Finally got the PvP part of the Thorn bounty completed last night. What a grind that was. Why did they have to make it 500 points, it should have been like 200 or 250 tops. Took off 2 hundreds of my precious KDR doing it too, for shame. :p

I hate using secondary weapons. In the match I finished it, it was pretty early on so I got to switch back to my Suros and man oh man was that revitalizing. I tore shit up as soon as I got to start using actual guns again.

I hope I never have to touch a fusion rifle again.

Fixed1979

I don't know if any of GAF was left in my Vault group last night, but after weeks I as finally in a group that managed to finish it. I now have 3 raid pieces (2 from previous raids) plus an exotic helm, pretty pumped about that. Now the grind for mats to hit 30 begins.

Does anyone have any vendor available DPS suggestions that would be a good fit for the raid? It still feels like that's where I'm lacking the most...for general day to day missing raid running I'm using (Shadow Price/Invective/Zombie Apocalypse).

Finally got the PvP part of the Thorn bounty completed last night. What a grind that was. Why did they have to make it 500 points, it should have been like 200 or 250 tops. Took off 2 hundreds of my precious KDR doing it too, for shame. :p

I hate using secondary weapons. In the match I finished it, it was pretty early on so I got to switch back to my Suros and man oh man was that revitalizing. I tore shit up as soon as I got to start using actual guns again.

I hope I never have to touch a fusion rifle again.

Grats, I'm at 254/500, will probably finish it off tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to trying that thing out.

Bizazedo

Attack rating doesn't seem to affect things all that much to be honest. I have an upgraded Suros and just bought a Vanquisher and I can kill people just as easily with the latter.

Like normal crucible it just comes down to whether you get the drop on someone and if you can keep the reticle on their head.

I'm honestl disappointed in how little level / gear seems to be affecting IB. Although, I did have it save me once.

Point C, First Light. I came around the corner and two enemies came to meet me. Their Titan did Fist of Havoc so out of desperation, I did mine too.

Mine was late, but it saved my life since I had the talent chosen that makes me tougher when I Fist of Havoc. Normally? I'd have still been dead. This time? I was mid Fist when he landed. I then landed and survived his Fist!

He was not so lucky and they died. I immediately moved out of the way in case Aftershock was going off and Invective destroyed a third enemy moving in. I survived.

Other than that, it has played identical to normal Crucible it seems.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I started to use the ice breaker a lot in PvE and it really is the first weapon that I feel is a "game changer". Being able to snipe indefinitely with unlimited ammo makes such a difference in how I play.

Jaeyden

Anyone know if Xur's engine upgrades can be used on legendary sparrow's? Do the colors do anything different from each other or is it just for the color of your exhaust?

I started to use the ice breaker a lot in PvE and it really is the first weapon that I feel is a "game changer". Being able to snipe indefinitely with unlimited ammo makes such a difference in how I play.
I want that weapon so bad! I would trade the rest of my exotics (Universal Remote, Hawkmoon and Pocket Infinity) for one.

Camwi

I really wish I had that gun. Soloing Nightfall would be SO MUCH EASIER.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Has anyone leveled up Hard Light exotic auto rifle? Got it from the Nightfall yesterday, but not sure I should keep it or not. Clip size is nice but stability and range aren't the best. Is it worth the ass energy to fully upgrade?

I need that weapon, as you say it's amazing because of the unlimited ammo. Wish there were more weapons as game-changing as Ice Breaker.

I'm honestl disappointed in how little level / gear seems to be affecting IB. Although, I did have it save me once.

Point C, First Light. I came around the corner and two enemies came to meet me. Their Titan did Fist of Havoc so out of desperation, I did mine too.

Mine was late, but it saved my life since I had the talent chosen that makes me tougher when I Fist of Havoc. Normally? I'd have still been dead. This time? I was mid Fist when he landed. I then landed and survived his Fist!

He was not so lucky and they died. I immediately moved out of the way in case Aftershock was going off and Invective destroyed a third enemy moving in. I survived.

Other than that, it has played identical to normal Crucible it seems.

Occasionally I'll die in what seems like a shorter amount of time consistently from a certain person, and I still can't tell if it's because they have their gun upgraded all the way or maybe they're just the host and they've got an edge.

Deku Tree

I'm level 28. Not even going to try for 29 until I get raid boots or a raid chest. Don't see any reason to spend my ass shards on temporary equipment.

Hoodbury

Grats, I'm at 254/500, will probably finish it off tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to trying that thing out.

There is still one more part of the bounty to do now. I'm not really in a hurry so if you want to try and join up to do the last part together I can wait until you're done with the PvP part.

I play evenings around 7:30 or 8:00 CST. PSN: Hoodbury

commish

I need that weapon, as you say it's amazing because of the unlimited ammo. Wish there were more weapons as game-changing as Ice Breaker.

Yeah, nearly everything else is a "better" weapon but doesn't really change a lot. For example, Suros, great gun, but if I forget it in the bank, using another auto rifle will be 95% as good.

Has anyone leveled up Hard Light exotic auto rifle? Got it from the Nightfall yesterday, but not sure I should keep it or not. Clip size is nice but stability and range aren't the best. Is it worth the ass energy to fully upgrade?

Totally worth it, if you like the smooth feel (and awesome sound) of that weapon. It was my fave before my vex gun. If not for that, it would be my go to main. I really like auto rifles and that one is super sweet. But leveling it is needed for the upgrades for it to really earn it's keep.

commish

I'm level 28. Not even going to try for 29 until I get raid boots or a raid chest. Don't see any reason to spend my ass shards on temporary equipment.

Because you'll complete the raid 5 times like me and get nothing but shards and no raid gear :p

Jinjo

The iron banner is really no different than regular pvp. I don't notice any equipment advantage. It's actually pretty sad.

Exactly, just saw a lv16 on the opposing team outscore everyone on that team, he killed a lot of people and really didn't notice him going down quicker or taking longer to kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom