• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Also, anyone using the cheese spot under the platform for the weekly/nightfall, watch your back. Me and a buddy did the 6 coin run last night to form our strategy for doing the nightfall. I was occupying the cheese spot and he was across the valley where you can climb up (on the left hand side when you first drop down where the boss is). I was handling everything just fine in my spot, but I got one shotted by an incoming drop ship that I never saw coming. Maybe because it took us a while to drop the boss (I was using level 24 character), but beware of drop ships when you are in that spot).

Going under the platform is a lot easier.

Also, anyone using the cheese spot under the platform for the weekly/nightfall, watch your back. Me and a buddy did the 6 coin run last night to form our strategy for doing the nightfall. I was occupying the cheese spot and he was across the valley where you can climb up (on the left hand side when you first drop down where the boss is). I was handling everything just fine in my spot, but I got one shotted by an incoming drop ship that I never saw coming. Maybe because it took us a while to drop the boss (I was using level 24 character), but beware of drop ships when you are in that spot).

I for some reason always overlook dropships and after many deaths one would think that I would have learned my lesson.

Atkison04

Only rewards/drops. Trust me, if Xur has it one week, you will know. I will be running around and screaming like an idiot.

It's the only thing I want. Fuck a level 30 or raid gear or mythoclast or anything else. That's it. That's all I want.

I'm with you 100%! Never running out of snipe ammo would be just about the best thing ever. We'll get it one day! Good luck to you sir!

realcZk

Yeah, we cleared the first three waves before the boss was released before we went into the cheese spot but you could try going there right away if you need. After you kill the second wave, the dropship will come so be careful and hide.

Raven77

I don't know why games can't understand the concept of loot tables and how it fuels replay value. In WOW people raid the same thing over and over and its exciting because you KNOW what you might get. When you take that out of the equation and replace it with pure randomness, it leads to confusion, disappointment, and disgust...

How companies don't understand this (WOW has been doing it for 10 damn years) is simply beyond me.

Played 12 Iron Banner matches this morning. Won only 2 of them. Bad luck? Playing against parties most the time? Who knows. I know one thing, this shouldn't have been Control or the reward system should give out a little something to the losers because if your team doesn't 2 cap in the first 2 minutes, guaranteed to have quitters which in turn makes you lose the match.

Should have been TDM.

Every match I've been placed in thus far has been a match in progress, and on the losing team where users probably quit because they or their teammates suck ass. I was capping a point by myself yesterday and I see a teammate standing outside of the cap area just watching me, and then he runs away. It should be noted that the point was not even neutralized yet. This happens repeatedly in control matches, but I'm seeing this with greater frequency in Iron Banner.

So last night I grab the iron banner bounties that I feel will be possible for me and head in for some matches. Of course my first match I end up in first place for the first time ever and don't have that bounty. That was about 15 matches ago and I haven't been close since. I am now sad :(

The amount of times this happens to me is insane. Sometimes I'll decide to take every other bounty outside of say the kill 15 with melee hits because the rest seem easier... But then in the next game I'll melee kill like 5 enemies and at the end of the game I go "... WOW GOD DAMN IT."

PvP bounties are a struggle. For a good week and a half I've just avoided PvP and its bounties because 1) they take too long and 2) playing PvP just makes me salty because BALANCE

Bizazedo

Yeah, we cleared the first three waves before the boss was released before we went into the cheese spot but you could try going there right away if you need. After you kill the second wave, the dropship will come so be careful and hide.

I didn't like under the platform for Nightfall. A vandal sniper found a spot where he could hit everyone under there. We were doing the heroic weekly, so we survived, but we'd have been wiped out on Nightfall.

Felt much safer cheesing him from where you first drop down.

Under the platform definitely is great for weekly heroic, though.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Played it with a GAF friend last night. We were both in the far corner under the platform and he did his shield bubble. It somehow pushed me out of the cage and I was suddenly outside of the map, haha. Luckily he landed the final blow before I fell to my death.

dB Viper

Shadow Price vs SUROS. Go.

I want to use Invective or Pocket Infinity/Plan C in my special slot. Is it worth it to buy the Shadow over using my SUROS?

realcZk

I didn't like under the platform for Nightfall. A vandal sniper found a spot where he could hit everyone under there. We were doing the heroic weekly, so we survived, but we'd have been wiped out on Nightfall.

Yep, if hes in the middle of the map in the cove he can snipe anyone under there unless you're in the very far back left where you can completely hide - but he needs to be dealt with ASAP. This happened to us once and I was able to take him out before it was too late. Also the problem with the cheese spot (under platform) is that if you die, depending on where, you might respawn in the middle of the map lol.

We ran the Nightfall 4 times for different people and weekly twice last night, only had the sniper problem once, its important to clear those ads if you can.

E92 M3

The same thing goes for the Crucible map selection, obviously. Playing the same map two times consecutively is bad enough, but at least once I've witnessed the same one being chosen three times in a row.

I don't know why games can't understand the concept of loot tables and how it fuels replay value. In WOW people raid the same thing over and over and its exciting because you KNOW what you might get. When you take that out of the equation and replace it with pure randomness, it leads to confusion, disappointment, and disgust...

How companies don't understand this (WOW has been doing it for 10 damn years) is simply beyond me.

Bungie overlooked a lot of vital details: Why can't we go straight to tower? Why do we play the same strikes 3 times a row? What is the purpose of green gear for anyone past 20? Why are so many elements of the game not properly explained?

There are so many things not addressed. Destiny is a fantastic game at its core that I love to play, but it's obvious a lot of things were hashed together last minute.

Bladelaw

Those one match style bounties I'll pick up just in case I get crazy lucky. If I need to go do something else I'll just drop it.

Atkison04

That's where I was bro. I always frown upon putting all my eggs in one basket and having my buddy in the same spot as me, so we usually divide up. One plays safety (which is why I was in cheese spot) and the other tries to take out as much as possible. When the player not being safety dies, they hand off team lead, go to orbit and come right back in. Seems to work pretty good for us so far, as neither one of us are exactly awesome or have the best gear/guns yet. Granted, last week was our first nightfall attempt/win and I'm thankful that bungie put in some cheese positions to help get thru the strikes.

Evil Beaver

Played 12 Iron Banner matches this morning. Won only 2 of them. Bad luck? Playing against parties most the time? Who knows. I know one thing, this shouldn't have been Control or the reward system should give out a little something to the losers because if your team doesn't 2 cap in the first 2 minutes, guaranteed to have quitters which in turn makes you lose the match.

Should have been TDM.

Almost all lost matches were because everyone on my team decided to quit as soon as they felt they were on the losing side. I guess it makes sense to them to jump into orbit and try to get into a match were they could win as opposed to getting stomped for 15 min for 0 Iron Banner rep.

Angry Guy

Which Legendary handcannon should I be working my way towards? Lord High Fixer or The Devil You Know?
Do people even care about The Chance?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, I really hope Bungie starts matchmaking for Nightfall. I've soloed Dailies and Weeklies, Queen's Bounties, etc. I just don't really have the time to dedicate to raiding. I'd love to give Nightfall all my Destiny attention but having to add friends and shit seems sort of a pain just for each run.

I'm going to attempt Nightfall at some point Friday when I'm off and free.

Only rewards/drops. Trust me, if Xur has it one week, you will know. I will be running around and screaming like an idiot.

It's the only thing I want. Fuck a level 30 or raid gear or mythoclast or anything else. That's it. That's all I want.

Its a great sniper. Got mine from Nightfall. Not having to worry about ammo is awesome.

We (realcZk and skamawall) crushed through the nightfall last night in about 20-30 mins using the platform. You have to have one person all the way in the back of the spot under the ramp. No one can get you back there.

ZOONAMI

Almost all lost matches were because everyone on my team decided to quit as soon as they felt they were on the losing side. I guess it makes sense to them to jump into orbit and try to get into a match were they could win as opposed to getting stomped for 15 min for 0 Iron Banner rep.

This is fucking dumb.

hydruxo

Which Legendary handcannon should I be working my way towards? Lord High Fixer or The Devil You Know?

Devil You Know has the crowd control perk, Lord High Fixer has great range. Not too familiar with The Chance but I'd say you cant go wrong with Devil or High Fixer. It's a matter of preference which one you'd rather get.

I can vouch for Devil. Its a phenomenal gun.

thedan001

I don't have Lord High Fixer but after getting The Devil You Know from purple engram, I can say it's a great hand cannon, been using it on Hunter.

Anyone find out the rep requirement for rank 2 to 3 Iron Banner yet?

commish

Shadow Price vs SUROS. Go.

I want to use Invective or Pocket Infinity/Plan C in my special slot. Is it worth it to buy the Shadow over using my SUROS?

I use both. Suros is better, but Shadow Price is good enough and allows you to use exotic specials and heavies. I actually use a legendary scout rifle or legendary AR (Shadow Price now, Doctor Nope before) more often than my Suros so I free up that exotic slot, except in raids and nightfalls (except this one).

Devil You Know has the crowd control perk, Lord High Fixer has great range. Not too familiar with The Chance but I'd say you cant go wrong with Devil or High Fixer. It's a matter of preference which one you'd rather get.

I have both and enjoy the Devil You Know much more. It just feels better when firing.

Sofa King

Got the Icebreaker last night from the raid and swapped over to it. It had 3 shots left and so I fired off the shots in celebration only to find I had one shot left. Had no clue it regens ammo. Pretty spiffy!

Trakan

Man, I really hope Bungie starts matchmaking for Nightfall. I've soloed Dailies and Weeklies, Queen's Bounties, etc. I just don't really have the time to dedicate to raiding. I'd love to give Nightfall all my Destiny attention but having to add friends and shit seems sort of a pain just for each run.

Once you have a team of 6 who know what they're doing, you can knock out the raid in 60-90 minutes.

commish

Are you on PSN?

Raids only take about 90 minutes to 2 hours, going at a casual pace, but can be a lot faster if everyone knows what they are doing. Nightfall takes about 20 minutes. The destiny app is really great for forming teams. I just make a post and people will invite me within a few minutes.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I think the vendor Devil has Crowd Control, but I got mine as a drop and I don't think it does. Unless Crowd Control means exploding bullets, which it does have.

Devil is hot shit lollipops, guys. Fucking exploding bullets win every time. My first Hand Cannon, my LAST Hand Cannon.

Once you have a team of 6 who know what they're doing, you can knock out the raid in 60-90 minutes.
Are you on PSN?

Raids only take about 90 minutes to 2 hours, going at a casual pace, but can be a lot faster if everyone knows what they are doing. Nightfall takes about 20 minutes. The destiny app is really great for forming teams. I just make a post and people will invite me within a few minutes.

I am on PSN, my id is Splitdog79 if anyone wants to add me.

90-120 minutes is honestly a bit more time than I can dedicate without distractions. Between kids and texts coming in I sometimes need to divert my attention, and it wouldn't be fair. That's one of the reasons I usually solo or play with my brother, and occasionally gaffers or randoms depending on my schedule.

See like 20 minutes for a Nightfall run would be perfect bite-sized content. I'd love to try the raid someday but it seems kinda daunting. I'm not the most skilled dude and it seems like you need cracker jack skills to make it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not the guy you replied to, but: I'm trying to gather two guns for each gun type I use: One exotic with elemental damage, and one legendary with another type of elemental damage. That way, I'm prepared for pretty much anything.

I'm pretty satisfied with my current set of weapons. I just need to 1) replace the last two rares with legendaries and 2) get the Suros somehow.

I'm going to have to do the same. I need 5 more light points for level 28, but I don't have any shards..
Looking good but you really want an Exotic armor piece :D

Pierate

Ugh, going up against suros constantly in iron banner us pretty boring and the games are mostly one-sided. I'm also having serious problems getting my flux grenade to stick, most of the time it just changes direction and flies off it seems.

Evil Beaver

Thanks to I--MZ--I and DekuBleep for helping me take out the Archon Priest last night. Don't know who you guys are on GAF so hopefully you see this.

Bizazedo

What is the purpose of green gear for anyone past 20? Why are so many elements of the game not properly explained?

There are so many things not addressed. Destiny is a fantastic game at its core that I love to play, but it's obvious a lot of things were hashed together last minute.

Hah.

So how many plasteel / hadronic essences / sapphire wiring does everyone have? I'm nearing 1k plasteel for my Titan.

Homeboyd

Sorry:) Wasn't trying to rub it in.

Here's what I'll trade you for your ice breaker:

- Hard Light exotic AR
- Pocket Infinity exotic fusion rifle
- Invective exotic shotgun
- Atheon's Epilogue raid void AR (maxed)
- Vision of Confluence raid solar scout rifle (maxed)
- Found Verdict raid shotgun
- Praedyth's Revenge raid sniper
- Corrective Measure raid machine gun
- 2 maxed exotic titan helmets (saint and inmost light)
- 1 titan exotic chest (the armamentarium)
- Complete legendary armor set for a warlock
- 25000 glimmer
- 141 vanguard marks and 60 crucible marks
- 49 ass shards, 30 ass energies, 35 coins, 76 motes, 907 plasteel plates (lol), and all the rest of my mats
- 6000 actual United States dollars

inb4thisiswhybungiesaysnotrading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom