• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this from Nightfall..

1617847_912806478749286_8178878368826881582_o.jpg

Also got Universal Remote from random chest on Moon and legendary sparrow from Raid. I think today was a good day

Bizazedo

Did the weekly and got 9 strange coins then did the Nightfall and got 5 strange coins. Nothing else. Really???

I've never seen below 6 coins on Nightfall. You have been blessed.

On the bright side, it means you can choose the exotic you want. You could've gotten a piece of shit Legendary instead of coins.

Coins are better.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got this from Nightfall..

Also got Universal Remote from random chest on Moon and legendary sparrow from Raid. I think today was a good day
wow, nice drops. I don't need ice breaker myself but I really want universal remote for a someday build. wonder if Xur stocks it.

Dave_6

I think the vendor Devil has Crowd Control, but I got mine as a drop and I don't think it does. Unless Crowd Control means exploding bullets, which it does have.

Devil is hot shit lollipops, guys. Fucking exploding bullets win every time. My first Hand Cannon, my LAST Hand Cannon.

I bought the Devil from the Vanguard vendor after I hit rank 3 (got Doctor Nope as a reward) and I've been using it more lately then my fully leveled Hawkmoon. I really like it.

Ambitious

Bungie overlooked a lot of vital details: Why can't we go straight to tower? Why do we play the same strikes 3 times a row? What is the purpose of green gear for anyone past 20? Why are so many elements of the game not properly explained?

There are so many things not addressed. Destiny is a fantastic game at its core that I love to play, but it's obvious a lot of things were hashed together last minute.

Regarding the bolded sentence, someone posted a pretty plausible theory on Reddit a week ago. In short, it's probably to ease the stress on the servers. In orbit, there's not much going on. Players might join or leave your fireteam, but it's not like this happens every few seconds. In the tower, you got a bunch of other players moving around, so the game has to maintain a permanent connection, even if you aren't doing anything.

As for everything else in your post, I fully agree. There's so much missed potential. It could have been so incredible. It's not outright terrible, but still very far from what we were expecting and what Bungie was - presumingly - hoping to deliver. They were building this gigantic, fascinating house of cards, but at some point it was too much for them, and everything just collapsed.

MADGAME

Here's what I'll trade you for your ice breaker:

- Hard Light exotic AR
- Pocket Infinity exotic fusion rifle
- Invective exotic shotgun
- Atheon's Epilogue raid void AR (maxed)
- Vision of Confluence raid solar scout rifle (maxed)
- Found Verdict raid shotgun
- Praedyth's Revenge raid sniper
- Corrective Measure raid machine gun
- 2 maxed exotic titan helmets (saint and inmost light)
- 1 titan exotic chest (the armamentarium)
- Complete legendary armor set for a warlock
- 25000 glimmer
- 141 vanguard marks and 60 crucible marks
- 49 ass shards, 30 ass energies, 35 coins, 76 motes, 907 plasteel plates (lol), and all the rest of my mats
- 6000 actual United States dollars

inb4thisiswhybungiesaysnotrading!!!

Xur might hook you up this Friday

hate sniper rifles :( I just want someone in my party to have it at all times. is that so wrong? ;_;

Yes, yes, that's very wrong. Like "world is flat" kind of wrong.

Shit, what is wrong with me comparing not wanting an exotic sniper rifle in Destiny with not wanting oxygen to breathe or not understanding the world isn't flat. I need help.

I'm starting Destiny Anonymous. Except rule #1 will be that I can still play Destiny.

hydruxo

I have a 24 warlock and 22 hunter alts that I leveled with pvp. I didn't get demolished and I did just fine. Only thing that sucked at that level was not having the super and jumps unlocked.

You can't do well in iron banner at level 2. Its just not going to happen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, yes, that's very wrong. Like "world is flat" kind of wrong.

Shit, what is wrong with me comparing not wanting an exotic sniper rifle in Destiny with not wanting oxygen to breathe or no understanding the world isn't flat. I need help.

I'm starting Destiny Anonymous. Except rule #1 will be that I can still play Destiny.
lol danger! pull up, pull up!

Bizazedo

Regarding the bolded sentence, someone posted a pretty plausible theory on Reddit a week ago. In short, it's probably to ease the stress on the servers. In orbit, there's not much going on. Players might join or leave your fireteam, but it's not like this happens every few seconds. In the tower, you got a bunch of other players moving around, so the game has to maintain a permanent connection, even if you aren't doing anything.

The theory sounds plausible. I'd believe it, lacking any reason not to. That being said, it just screams "Cheap!" to me considering how it sacrifices end user experience. Having to go from the planet, to Orbit, to the Tower sucks. Badly.

But, it does make sense.

E92 M3

Hah.

So how many plasteel / hadronic essences / sapphire wiring does everyone have? I'm nearing 1k plasteel for my Titan.

Same here for Sapphire Wire. Essentially a useless material at this point. A good loot game should have some kind of use for every item.

I have the orange and silver ship one, I forget it's name. 'bout it.

The rest I should have aren't there.

Hmm, have you changed your gamertag or e-mail since you played all of the Halos and what not? (I got my emblem 3 weeks late)

As for everything else in your post, I fully agree. There's so much missed potential. It could have been so incredible. It's not outright terrible, but still very far from what we were expecting and what Bungie was - presumingly - hoping to deliver. They were building this gigantic, fascinating house of cards, but at some point it was too much for them, and everything just collapsed.

Well, I am not a technical wizard - but it seems plausible. That said, Bungie are known for innovation on that end and I don't believe it was a technical limitation for them. Just something overlooked. It does seem like they got overwhelmed and just delivered a solid shooter but with a lot things incomplete. Rather sad, because Bungie are a passionate group of developers. Hopefully one day we will know the true story.

Ambitious

Looking good but you really want an Exotic armor piece :D

Yeah. I'm hoping for the Knucklehead Radar (for the radar) or the Mask of the Third Man (just because it looks cool), but I didn't have enough coins when Xur sold them. Didn't get any exotic armor drops so far; my only piece is the Apotheosis Veil from Xur's exotic engram.

Amory

So spending shards to level up legendary armor is a risk, right? Just because you're upgrading the defense doesn't necessarily mean the light will increase as well?

Raven77

this is a bit off topic but...why do we keep getting a new "OT"? Is it a Neogaf policy that once it hits a certain page limit it restarts?

bargeparty

So I got the Hawkmoon from VoG and I have really no use for hand cannons. Plus I already had the Atheon's Epilogue and got the Shadow Price from an engram last night as well.

Is there any reason to keep this? I need shards and energies to keep leveling the stuff I already have anyway.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So spending shards to level up legendary armor is a risk, right? Just because you're upgrading the defense doesn't necessarily mean the light will increase as well?
It always has for me. I don't know if I'm just lucky. I just upgraded my helmet last night and I'm a bit closer to 29 now.

Here's what I'll trade you for your ice breaker:

- Hard Light exotic AR
- Pocket Infinity exotic fusion rifle
- Invective exotic shotgun
- Atheon's Epilogue raid void AR (maxed)
- Vision of Confluence raid solar scout rifle (maxed)

- Found Verdict raid shotgun
- Praedyth's Revenge raid sniper
- Corrective Measure raid machine gun
- 2 maxed exotic titan helmets (saint and inmost light)
- 1 titan exotic chest (the armamentarium)
- Complete legendary armor set for a warlock
- 25000 glimmer
- 141 vanguard marks and 60 crucible marks
- 49 ass shards, 30 ass energies, 35 coins, 76 motes, 907 plasteel plates (lol), and all the rest of my mats
- 6000 actual United States dollars

inb4thisiswhybungiesaysnotrading!!!

yer crazy

Just finished the raid by knocking the final boss off the platform with Nova bomb :p

Got some shards, energy, praedyths revenge and a legendary sparrow.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So how do you get through Nightfall this week? Tried last night with my regular fireteam and we got owned. Looks that if you take too long 4 captains spawn back into the fight with a large Entrourage of Eddie Vedder's with them and plenty of Skanks. Doesn't end well.

Bizazedo

Light always increases.

Although, that idea sounds amazing. We need RNG based armor upgrades.

"You could get 5 Light. You could get zero. We don't know. The Golden Age has passed and our production facilities are not as precise as they once were.

Hand me the Shards and we will begin...."

Hoodbury

No risk. Leveling up will always give you light on the defense upgrades.

blackflag

I've never seen below 6 coins on Nightfall. You have been blessed.

On the bright side, it means you can choose the exotic you want. You could've gotten a piece of shit Legendary instead of coins.

Coins are better.

Wish I woulda got coins all I got was a lousy legendary rocket launcher that got immediately dismantled.

Light always increases.

"You could get 5 Light. You could get zero. We don't know. The Golden Age has passed and our production facilities are not as precise as they once were.

No, no we really don't

So how do you get through Nightfall this week? Tried last night with my regular fireteam and we got owned. Looks that if you take too long 4 captains spawn back into the fight with a large Entrourage of Eddie Vedder's with them and plenty of Skanks. Doesn't end well.

Gotta take it slow from the corner you drop in from. Have one person stay up on the ledge that can stealth-revive.

realcZk

I think the final boss of destiny the game will be a conglomerate of all the discarded ass shards in existence. They will come together to form a giant ass shard that you will have to battle. You will have to pay a total of 20 ass shards to even get to the boss. The ass shard boss will be the only thing preventing you from becoming legend. Then, when you finally defeat it, you will be rewarded with ass energy.

Nameless

I recently maxed out the Helm of Saint-14 and it hit 30 light just like my Crest of Alpha Lupi .

Caja 117

Im at level 26, and so are the guys in my Fireteam, you guys think we have a shot of doing the Weekley on the hardest difficult? or should we stick to the intermidiate difficulty? I really want to get those 9 coins.

Amory

Light always increases.

lol well, considering all the other RNG BS i wouldn't be surprised.

I was asking because rare armor eventually hit a light cap that couldn't be surpassed even by upping the defense. I assumed legendaries worked the same way

Fixed1979

lol well, considering all the other RNG BS i wouldn't be surprised.

I was asking because rare armor eventually hit a light cap that couldn't be surpassed even by upping the defense. I assumed legendaries worked the same way

Legendary, raid legendary and exotic armor all have specific light increases with each armor upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom