• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I thought you could only do Nightfall once for rewards?

Multiple characters. It's pretty easy to get alts up to level 26+. About 5 or so hours to reach level 20, and then (at least when Queens was active) you can get 2 legendary items from quests and probably at least one from Xur/motes of light. Once my main got to level 28, I only used him for the dailies/weeklies/raids and leveled up my alts. I don't care much about grinding rep or farming strikes.

Got Hawkmoon in a NF run this morning. Haven't really used hand cannons...is it any good leveled up?

1. Ice breaker
2. Patience and Time
3. The Comedian
4. God of War shader
5. IB rank 3
6. Intense but short lived dopamine hit from getting an exotic at missions end again

Hawkmoon is my gun of choice for 99% of my playtime.

Vault of Glass (Normal) at 9:00am CST or 30 minutes from now.
PS4

Members
Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
-Klyka1
-LifeJordan (28 Titan)
-lZR0COOLl
-davidbloop (29 Hunter)
-skynida

Good Job team!
Nice to know that the Vault wasn't really anything to be that afraid of. We finished in a little less than 2 hours, and only really had some hiccups on the part right before Aetheon.

Also, Final Verdict and Chatterwhite for my first run. More excited about the shader, go figure.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Normal Raid loot:

Praedyth's Revenge x2
Ass shards
Corrective Measure (that I already have)

alistair_wtf_gif.gif

Just completed the nightfall and heroic weekly with ShaperofStories and another of his mates with me as a level 26. Took us a couple of tries but we managed it!

Thanks for the experience guys, was great fun :D

Got 20 strange coins and 24 motes of light so i'm easy for when Xur? returns at the weekend :D

Hopefully the exotic engram gives me a primary weapon though!

Oh and i got Venation III hand cannon. It's not the best but i'm happy with it, would've preferred an auto or pulse rifle though!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah but I always have a shotgun in PvP anyway but then I dont have a rifle. I guess if I went shotgun fusion it would be great.
Shotgun plus a long range fusion or sniper on the bigger maps. could be glorious..
Which one? The one that activates health regen when using a super? I think I got that one from last week's Nightfall. Since I already maxed out my Warlock alts Heart of Praxic Fire I probably won't utilize it until I can level up the Voidwalker class. I really want to try Blink on the Voidwalker, it looks so helpful for mobility.

Or is there a better Voidwalker specific helm?
skull of dire ahamkara is void specific and looks very solid to me. it's on my list for a one-day voidwalker build

Sergoes

Got Hawkmoon in a NF run this morning. Haven't really used hand cannons...is it any good leveled up?

1. Ice breaker
2. Patience and Time
3. The Comedian
4. God of War shader
5. IB rank 3
6. Intense but short lived dopamine hit from getting an exotic at missions end again
First, Nice avatar. Second, wow your luck is amazing. Hawkmoon is a fantastic hand cannon. It's definitely worth upgrading.

I'm awful with Thorn. I've seen some people destroy with it but I'm definitely not one of them.

The thing has ridiculous recoil to the point that I'm barely getting two shots off before getting dropped by an auto rifle and it takes a least 3 to kill. I've hit people with 2 headshots and it drops their health down to a sliver. Hopefully the buff makes it so two headshots kill, otherwise that's such a tease.

Maybe I just need to upgrade it. I'm assuming there's an upgrade for the recoil.

Sojgat

PvP is awful at the moment, so much, lag. Kill notifications 5 seconds after a kill, can't pick up ammo crates, weapons keep jamming...

Might take a break.

Two Words

I'm awful with Thorn. I've seen some people destroy with it but I'm definitely not one of them.

The thing has ridiculous recoil to the point that I'm barely getting two shots off before getting dropped by an auto rifle and it takes a least 3 to kill. I've hit people with 2 headshots and it drops their health down to a sliver. Hopefully the buff makes it so two headshots kill, otherwise that's such a tease.

Maybe I just need to upgrade it. I'm assuming there's an upgrade for the recoil.
There is a stability upgrade. Once it is upgraded, it can kill in two head shots or 3 body shots.

Dax I know you prefer scout rifles; I realized I had a good Rare one in my inventory that shoots explosive rounds and fast reload after precision kills. I haven't unlocked the exploding rounds though, do you have any with that bonus?

Seems like it'll be fun once I unlock it!

I have a legendary scout rifle that has exploding rounds and its pretty cool.

Nameless

Vanquisher III is my current go to when I want to run an Exotic Special/Heavy. Low clip but fast reload. I have a found version though, slight different bonuses to the vender but the base stats are the same. Does very well in Crucible.

Regime is a monster in comparison though, it's more like an LMG with AR agility.

Aside from MAYBE the Suros, I can't see any of the ARs I listed besting my Grim Citizen(Hard Light sure as hell didn't). But the GRIII been my main since the loot cave was still going strong and I'd like to try some of the other heavily lauded ARs to see how they compare.

Speaking of which, it's nice to see the Grim start to get some love from the community; it really is an amazing gun . Would've happened sooner, I think, had it been a Vanguard weapon.

Navy Bean

I have exactly 1 Legendary special weapon - The Unfriendly Giant. So, last night I completed the Nightfall and received...The Unfriendly Giant. Then I completed the Weekly on 28 and received...The Unfriendly Giant.

Might be time to take a little break from this game...

Skele7on

Banned
I have a legendary scout rifle that has exploding rounds and its pretty cool.

do you find that exploding rounds cause less damage on initial impact?

I mean it's fine in PVP but I found in PVE it would then somehow take longer to kill.

Although I was using some blue one which was pretty bad.

Aside from MAYBE the Suros, I can't see any of the ARs I listed besting my Grim Citizen(Hard Light sure as hell didn't). But the GRIII been my main since the loot cave was still going strong and I'd like to try some of the other heavily lauded ARs to see how they compare.

Speaking of which, it's nice to see the Grim start to get some love from the community; it really is an amazing gun . Would've happened sooner, I think, had it been a Vanguard weapon.

Shadow Price.

I have the one with the fast reload and 42 bullet clip size. It's a beast. I don't want any other AR except MAYBE the raid AR because of the primary weapon void damage.

realcZk

I have exactly 1 Legendary special weapon - The Unfriendly Giant. So, last night I completed the Nightfall and received...The Unfriendly Giant. Then I completed the Weekly on 28 and received...The Unfriendly Giant.

Great rocket launcher, but you only need one :)

Originally Posted by Navy Bean

Great rocket launcher, but you only need one :)

Wow...that really sucks.

Fitts

All I really want at the moment is Hawkmoon but would also be ecstatic to get Last Word.

How does Lord High Fixer compare? I got Devil You Know, but meh.

I also have Thorn. I don't think that it will ever become my main primary but it's still fun to use on easier missions/patrols/etc.

MechDX

I have 3 of those as well. Whenever I get a legendary engram I just expect it now. :(

Bizazedo

I haven't checked but is our Queen Ranks saved?

Hah. I'd love to tell you, but for some unknown reason (probably due to the game being rushed), the only way to check rep is to actually go to each Vendor. It's not even on bungie.net.

It's colossally inept.

Trakan

I have the Shadow Price and the Vanquisher VIII which are reskins of the Grim. Shadow Price gets insane stability/reload and the Vanquisher I have gets radar while ADS, bigger clip, and the bottom half of the clip with bonus damage. What makes the Grim better?

Hah. I'd love to tell you, but for some unknown reason (probably due to the game being rushed), the only way to check rep is to actually go to each Vendor. It's not even on bungie.net.

It's colossally inept.

You can check rep on the tower vendors in the app. The Queens emissary is gone though so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom