• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizards. Wizards with 10003048923059723450734250934725x solar shileds everywhere. CAN'T WAIT!

It'll be like the summoning pits on performance enhancing drugs.

Yeah am curious as to what new gameplay mechanics they'll add since the portal stuff is out... but tons of thrall rushing me, knight cannons, and one-shot wizards doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs, but who knows. The current raid is nothing like the main game so it could be interesting.

I'd love to see waves of shriekers. All those death orbs floating around.

Klyka

Banned
Since there will be 2 comet expansions before Destiny 2. With Dark Below set for December, we can only assume House of Wolves will be around late spring... then maybe nothing till 2016?

Those are the comet expansions?

I thought we get two DLCs and then a bigger comet expansion in fall 2015 and then destiny 2 in 2016?

Tawpgun

Wizards. Wizards with 10003048923059723450734250934725x solar shileds everywhere. CAN'T WAIT!

It'll be like the summoning pits on performance enhancing drugs.

Yeah am curious as to what new gameplay mechanics they'll add since the portal stuff is out... but tons of thrall rushing me, knight cannons, and one-shot wizards doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs, but who knows. The current raid is nothing like the main game so it could be interesting.

Hive Armor gonna look L E G I T tho

So I have gotten 2 Legendary engrams so far, which have both turned into ass mats. Bah!

However, I just got my 2nd blue special weapon engram which decrypted into a legendary. First was the Final Boss sniper, and now I have The Comediana added to my meager arsenal.

What is the consensus on The Comedian? I am not really a shotty fan, but it seems damn good even at base level...

dengatron

only things i actually care about a this point are

1. Mythoclast
2. Icebreaker
3. Last word

i already have almost everything else that i'd want, but i wouldn't turn down a gjallarhorn if one just happened upon me.

If Xur is selling Icebreaker this week it will be the ultimate SMH.

After the crappy Red Death, most people probably passed last week. So EVERYONE will have enough money and be buying an Icebreaker if Xur is selling it this week.

Have some dignity Bungie, at least keep SOME of these Exotics rare and hard to get.

Fitts

So I need some advice GAF

I have 175 vanguard marks and need to spend them soon. I'm trying to decide between the Shadow Price or the Devil You Know. I have the Vanquisher III (NM version), Atheon's Epilogue, Suros (really don't like) and Thorn (still need to level it) but still have not found a primary I really love (AE is fun but worthless at range). Tempted to try handcannon as a primary (I have a rare regulator) that was great for headshots but isn't really strong enough anymore) for higher lvl pve and pvp.

My question is, is the Shadow Price the best AR I can get, like is it much better than the guns I have now? If not would you guys pick the Devil You Know over the Shadow Price?

I guess my other option is to get legendary armors for shards (god knows I need them), and I have collected 1 flavor of every sniper, shotty, rocket, hmg and fusion (still waiting for that last pocket infinity bounty...)

So what say you gaf?

As for wishlists:

1. Hawkmoon
2. IceBreaker
3. Raid Gear
4. Fatebringer
5. Vex Mythocast

I've had two Shadow Prices. Love them. The one that I stuck with has the same accuracy perk as the vendor version along with the radar staying active when ADS and agility buff perks -- both of which I love! I purchased the Devil You Know and honestly don't really like it after upgrading a bit. I kind of wish that I grabbed the vendor Shadow Price instead for comparisons sake.

Chitown B

I have exactly 1 Legendary special weapon - The Unfriendly Giant. So, last night I completed the Nightfall and received...The Unfriendly Giant. Then I completed the Weekly on 28 and received...The Unfriendly Giant.

Might be time to take a little break from this game...

were they different types of damage? or all Solar?

At least you got energies from breaking them down.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hope at some point Bungie will lift the restriction on Exotic gear equipment (1 per side), and maybe raise the Light cap that way. It's a bummer that you're limited in the amount of the coolest looking gear you can use at once.

Anyway, I'm a level 27 Warlock on PS4, LFG people to do the Nightfall and Weekly heroic (28) with. Add me! PSN: ultrajari

realcZk

I've had two Shadow Prices. Love them. The one that I stuck with has the same accuracy perk as the vendor version along with the radar staying active when ADS and agility buff perks -- both of which I love! I purchased the Devil You Know and honestly don't really like it after upgrading a bit. I kind of wish that I grabbed the vendor Shadow Price instead for comparisons sake.

Fitts, what are we going to do with you? What don't you like about TDYK?

I found my Grim from an engram so it has increased range when ADS, super fast empty clip reload, and the 42 round mag upgrade. Any recoil is easily compensated for. The thing is a head shot machine.

The Glass half full perk does sound amazing with field scout and the radar upgrades, but does it pack a punch at distance? Versatility is the thing I love most about my Grim. It shreds at close, medium, and long ranges. I'm never in a situation where it can't perform. The same can't be said for something like Hard Light.

That's literally the exact same perks that my Shadow Price has. I forgot to mention the increased range when ADS perk earlier. My reload is also the empty clip reload.

I got my Shadow Price as a "gift" for hitting Vanguard lvl 3. THAT was a good day on Destiny.

Zakalwe

Banned
My question is, is the Shadow Price the best AR I can get, like is it much better than the guns I have now? If not would you guys pick the Devil You Know over the Shadow Price?

Suros Regime is the best AR you can get. If you don't like it simply because of the slower rate of fire then Shadow Price might do it for you in terms of feel, but it won't out perform it.

You might want to consider a hand cannon if you want something with a different feel altogether.

W1SSY

Really love in Iron Banner when half of your team just quits.
rage.gif

Namikaze1

Upgraded my Raid Gear as far as I could with the Vanguard bounties. Almost done upgrading my chest. I'll probably have to dismantle a few legendary gear to fully upgrade both.

void666

Banned

After the crappy Red Death, most people probably passed last week. So EVERYONE will have enough money and be buying an Icebreaker if Xur is selling it this week.

Have some dignity Bungie, at least keep SOME of these Exotics rare and hard to get.

Let me guess... You have an ice breaker.

cakely

Those are the comet expansions?

I thought we get two DLCs and then a bigger comet expansion in fall 2015 and then destiny 2 in 2016?

I hope you're right. The two announced expansions and then a wait until 2016 for sequel would suck.

So got as far as I can solo, not quite ready for raid yet but need to find players for weekly/daily strikes. What's the best place to get others for a fire team when its short notice? Bungienet/reedit/ neogaf? Not on at any regular time just need to do it as and when?

LiK

Upgraded my Raid Gear as far as I could with the Vanguard bounties. Almost done upgrading my chest. I'll probably have to dismantle a few legendary gear to fully upgrade both.
I have two extra Kabr arms. Should I dismantle them or can other classes use them?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is Icebreaker an item that Xur sells? There was a list of Xur items and I don't recall seeing it on there.

Nevertheless, I'm praying for Armatorium and Icebreaker this week.
We don't know. I hope that list was wrong, he didn't have Spine of Ahamkara on it either :( I'll probably be buying gauntlet engrams whenever he has 'em anyway.

friend is coming to town for a while tomorrow so I'm likely not going to be able to play as much for a couple weeks, but hopefully I can still afford any goodies I want from Xur.

Homeboyd

It really only matters in PvE though... which won't affect other players.

Is Icebreaker an item that Xur sells? There was a list of Xur items and I don't recall seeing it on there.

Nevertheless, I'm praying for Armatorium and Icebreaker this week.
It's on the list. Whether it's accurate or not, we don't know.

Fitts

Fitts, what are we going to do with you? What don't you like about TDYK?

Your post is perfectly juxtaposed with your avatar. :)

It lacks that satisfying "oomph" that I've come to love about some other hand cannons. Something like Thorn just feels much more satisfying to me. Still, I'm open to knowing why I should give it another chance.

I also still have my eye on Lord High Fixer.

Shito

The RNGesus knows of great tragedy.

Got my first legendary drop. It's a class item D: I've been wearing the same blue armor with no better light values coming along for at least two weeks now.
What are you doing not farming rep and marks to buy some gear?
I've been pretty unlucky in drops myself, apart from a legendary sniper rifle when reaching vanguard level 3, so I bought all of my other gear / got it from the queen's missions.

Mr_eX

I got the A Light in the Dark exotic weapon bounty.

This is the third step

Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible. Death will slow your progress.
Must get 500 points. 5 points gained per kill with Void damage. 2 points lost per death.

I'm terrible at the crucible, any suggestions for farming this?

E92 M3

Tomorrow: The thread gets moved to Community

I don't see a point for that. This thread is still very much active and helpful to everyone posting on GAF.

So basically long enough to where people aren't really playing as much.

I agree. It kinda dilutes the Exotic brand when Xur is selling it. Makes it seem like a common or a rare. I want Homeboy to get his Ice Breaker, but definitely don't want to see all of the cool weapons on sale by Xur. And I have never purchased anything from Xur before, for that very reason (except the bounty stuff).

realcZk

Your post is perfectly juxtaposed with your avatar. :)

It lacks that satisfying "oomph" that I've come to love about some other hand cannons. Something like Thorn just feels much more satisfying to me. Still, I'm open to knowing why I should give it another chance.

I also still have my eye on Lord High Fixer.

Understood. I don't have TDYK yet but I'm going to buy it tonight. Currently a Thorn user and I need some more rounds in the mag.

Eh. The thing works fine where it matters, situations like the vault of glass. You won't be one of the portal team guys in the final battle since you know you have to kill enemies fast and ARs like the suros don't reload as often. But for everything else it's fine. If you were trying to take out captains/minotaurs/wizards with regular weapons there were issues, at least in higher level stuff. The gun is over all is more than decent I just wouldn't use the rapid fire upgrade unless the weak spot isn't anywhere near you or you have all of the stability upgrades which gives you even less range and impact.

Actually I've used a fully upgraded TLW on the teleportation team every time. I'm a 29 hunter, so I switch on Chain of Woe and the other speed reload trait and it hammers down oracles quick.

Pretty much GG the first three and six shots on the right side oracles every time. The reload with those traits is less than two seconds and the stability upgrade on TLW means I don't really have to aim and can go "Full auto"

ethomaz

Banned
Suros Regime is the best AR you can get. If you don't like it simply because of the slower rate of fire then Shadow Price might do it for you in terms of feel, but it won't out perform it.

You might want to consider a hand cannon if you want something with a different feel altogether.
Suros is a Scout Rifle with auto shot... that is why it is not the best AR... I stopped to use it after full upgrade and face the fact it takes too much time to deal damage on enemies.

I got the A Light in the Dark exotic weapon bounty.

This is the third step

I'm terrible at the crucible, any suggestions for farming this?

If your class has a void subclass, use that. I found it went much quicker when I stuck close to my team mates and used a void fusion rifle.

Impala26

More a curiosity than anything...

Does anyone know a good place, either here on GAF or other sites, to arrange for Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strikes, Strike Playlist, Raid, etc. specifically for Xbox 360 users?

Going to be getting an XB1 somewhere down the road, but for now stuck with 360 and finding it a bit drab playing for the most part solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom