• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuken-d

I want Lucky Raspberry or Alpha Lupi for hunter armor. But wouldn't mind if they brought back Knucklehead or Symbiote helms as I could use those too.

For weapon, Icebreaker or Hawkmoon

I got lucky rasberry early on before my first legendary and I love it but t hen I got the symbiote helm so I keep going back and forth. sucks. also I want the knucklehead. seems great for crucible.

j-wood

I did the raid for the first time and got past the first boss. He dropped pradeyths revenge for me.

Holy shit this sniper is awesome.

Nameless

The pocket infinity quest isn't that bad, honestly. The hardest part was getting the 10 rifles. The nightfall part isn't hard, but does take a while, depending on what nightfall is up.

The crucible portion of the exotic bounties is what usually turns me off more than anything. I've never bought a Bungie game for PvP and this is no different. 100+ hours with Destiny and just over 1 of those hours have been spent in Crucible.

Ultimately I went with Bad Juju bounty since if I was forced to play pvp I could just play naturally instead of being forced to shoot 500 Guardians in the genitals with arc weapons, or whatever the fuck. I'm 1/10th of the way to 10,000 points after a single match, but I just never feel like doing it.

Klyka

Banned
Good Job team!
Nice to know that the Vault wasn't really anything to be that afraid of. We finished in a little less than 2 hours, and only really had some hiccups on the part right before Aetheon.

Also, Final Verdict and Chatterwhite for my first run. More excited about the shader, go figure.

Was great man, rocked that Vault :D

MechDX

The crucible portion of the exotic bounties is what usually turns me off more than anything. I've never bought a Bungie game for PvP and this is no different. 100+ hours with Destiny and just over 1 of those hours have been spent in Crucible.

Ultimately I went with Bad Juju bounty since if I was forced to play pvp I could just play naturally instead of being forced to shoot 500 Guardians in the genitals with arc weapons, or whatever the fuck. I'm 1/10th of the way to 10,000 points after a single match, but I just never feel like doing it.

Get on Xbox One ya bum! My friends there are finally hitting the mid 20's but we tried the weekly last night and they did not fare so well.

I need help

I feel you.

The Last Word is still good for trash mobs in higher end pve, but the big stuff needs more oomph for sure.
Eh. The thing works fine where it matters, situations like the vault of glass. You won't be one of the portal team guys in the final battle since you know you have to kill enemies fast and ARs like the suros don't reload as often. But for everything else it's fine. If you were trying to take out captains/minotaurs/wizards with regular weapons there were issues, at least in higher level stuff. The gun is over all is more than decent I just wouldn't use the rapid fire upgrade unless the weak spot isn't anywhere near you or you have all of the stability upgrades which gives you even less range and impact.

MJLord

The RNGesus knows of great tragedy.

Got my first legendary drop. It's a class item D: I've been wearing the same blue armor with no better light values coming along for at least two weeks now.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I haven't checked but is our Queen Ranks saved?

It is. I was finishing queen bounties last night even though the event was over and my rep gains picked up right where I left off when the event was still active.

mstevens

Are the weapons that xur offers random or on a rotation? Just realized it could potentially be months before I can buy my icebreaker

Are exotics the only tier that give elemental damage to primary weapons? I would love to have a scout rifle with some elemental. Looks like there is just the one exotic.

ElRenoRaven

Easy way to cheese it. Control. You'll find it so much easier to get those kills playing that. People focus more on taking the point which allows you to come in and get 2 or 3 kills a pop. You can easily end each game about 1k points just from kills. So about 10 games later you're done with that part.

Tamanon

Banned
Finally got my first Legendary decrypted from a blue...It's a Titan helmet for my Hunter. Damn you Cryptarch!

Been plateaued at level 24 for a while, but that's because I don't do the heroic strikes and the like. Almost Crucible rank 2 at least so that should help.

OneLifeCycle

Neo Member
So, does anyone know if they're nerfing autos and hulking scouts? That's the last I heard but it's still in the works?

Thinking this could drastically change things in the crucible. Autos seem to be king and it's rather unfortunate.

Impala26

You can check rep on the tower vendors in the app. The Queens emissary is gone though so..

On the app it looks like you can only check the physical progess bar rather than the actual numerical value... disappointing :-/

I wonder if some event vendors may be eventually recycled later on though with former progress/rank saved.

First, Nice avatar. Second, wow your luck is amazing. Hawkmoon is a fantastic hand cannon. It's definitely worth upgrading.

Great minds think alike. :D

Well, I have enough energy to fully upgrade something. I maxed my Suros and just recently had the marks to get Shadow Price so that I could take Invesctive and Pocket Infitiny for a whirl now and then...and I kinda feel like I should put the shards into SP...but I'm hesitant haha. I have Hawkmoon, Invective, Super Good Advice and Bad Juju that I could level but leveling exotics far enough to make the call takes ages :S. I'm at my best with an Auto Rifle which is why I should do SP but if anyone has experience with these exotics at higher levels, would like to hear. :)

Tawpgun

Gonna be very interesting what mechanics are gonna be in the new Raids. We're gonna be fighting the Hive in the next one and Fallen in the other.

No longer will we have any oracles or time travel shenanigans. Hive are known to be able to go between dimensions though among other dark magic shenanigans.

Fallen... idk it does take place int he Reef though so there could be some interesting environmental stuff

OneUh8

Aside from MAYBE the Suros, I can't see any of the ARs I listed besting my Grim Citizen(Hard Light sure as hell didn't). But the GRIII been my main since the loot cave was still going strong and I'd like to try some of the other heavily lauded ARs to see how they compare.

Speaking of which, it's nice to see the Grim start to get some love from the community; it really is an amazing gun . Would've happened sooner, I think, had it been a Vanguard weapon.

Yeah that is going to be my next purchase. Glad to hear it is good.

Fixed1979

What's the methodology behind this?

You should check out the FAQ section of GAF!

Game |OT|s will now be moved to the Community forum one month after their game's release. Assuming a minimum activity level, notice will be given in the thread title with a "[Moving To Community Friday]" edit so that people know where the thread's headed. Threads that die out quickly or are rarely bumped after the one month mark may or may not be moved to Community at the administration's discretion.

void666

Banned

I did the pvp part of bad juju in 4 or 5 rounds iirc. I'm usually average to good in mp.
But the thorn pvp part was too much for me.

I'm not bad at pvp. But it's just too stressful for me. I usually don't have fun.
I scream and curse all the time. Wife hates when i'm playing mp games for this reason.

Anyway, i think pvp and pve should be completely separate and optional. You should be able to level and gear up, collect mats by either playing pvp or pve.

Exotic bounties shouldn't require pvp or at least they should offer a pve alternative.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny DB must be wrong. It shows Fate of All Fools having solar burn. It is a scout rifle you can get with an exotic bounty.
So far as we know, Fate of All Fools actually isn't even in the game yet. I've never seen someone post one at least.

QP3

So I am strongly considering they PlayStation bundle. They issue is that I will need to wait a few weeks before purchasing, possibly longer. Are they know to be in shortage and hard to come by? Or should they be in stock for a while? Thanks for the help and if there is a more appropriate these then please let me know!

Klyka

Banned
Gonna be very interesting what mechanics are gonna be in the new Raids. We're gonna be fighting the Hive in the next one and Fallen in the other.

No longer will we have any oracles or time travel shenanigans. Hive are known to be able to go between dimensions though among other dark magic shenanigans.

Fallen... idk it does take place int he Reef though so there could be some interesting environmental stuff

I am REALLY looking forward to the new raids.

Wish the DLC was closer, still feels so far away.

Zakalwe

Banned
Eh. The thing works fine where it matters, situations like the vault of glass. You won't be one of the portal team guys in the final battle since you know you have to kill enemies fast and ARs like the suros don't reload as often. But for everything else it's fine. If you were trying to take out captains/minotaurs/wizards with regular weapons there were issues, at least in higher level stuff. The gun is over all is more than decent I just wouldn't use the rapid fire upgrade unless the weak spot isn't anywhere near you or you have all of the stability upgrades which gives you even less range and impact.

Even if I precision shot it feels a little bit weak in higher end content. It works sure, it might just be that I have the Regime which feels far more efficient (I actually switch to The Regime when I use my TLW if I'm out of HW ammo and need a little extra punch).

Nameless

Shadow Price.

I have the one with the fast reload and 42 bullet clip size. It's a beast. I don't want any other AR except MAYBE the raid AR because of the primary weapon void damage.

I have the Shadow Price and the Vanquisher VIII which are reskins of the Grim. Shadow Price gets insane stability/reload and the Vanquisher I have gets radar while ADS, bigger clip, and the bottom half of the clip with bonus damage. What makes the Grim better?

I found my Grim from an engram so it has increased range when ADS, super fast empty clip reload, and the 42 round mag upgrade. Any recoil is easily compensated for. The thing is a head shot machine.

The Glass half full perk does sound amazing with field scout and the radar upgrades, but does it pack a punch at distance? Versatility is the thing I love most about my Grim. It shreds at close, medium, and long ranges. I'm never in a situation where it can't perform. The same can't be said for something like Hard Light.

Kalamari

Is Icebreaker an item that Xur sells? There was a list of Xur items and I don't recall seeing it on there.

Nevertheless, I'm praying for Armatorium and Icebreaker this week.

Vespene

I am REALLY looking forward to the new raids.

Wish the DLC was closer, still feels so far away.

Since there will be 2 comet expansions before Destiny 2. With Dark Below set for December, we can only assume House of Wolves will be around late spring... then maybe nothing till 2016?

So I need some advice GAF

I have 175 vanguard marks and need to spend them soon. I'm trying to decide between the Shadow Price or the Devil You Know. I have the Vanquisher III (NM version), Atheon's Epilogue, Suros (really don't like) and Thorn (still need to level it) but still have not found a primary I really love (AE is fun but worthless at range). Tempted to try handcannon as a primary (I have a rare regulator that was great for headshots but isn't really strong enough anymore) for higher lvl pve and pvp.

My question is, is the Shadow Price the best AR I can get, like is it much better than the guns I have now? If not would you guys pick the Devil You Know over the Shadow Price?

I guess my other option is to get legendary armors for shards (god knows I need them), and I have collected 1 flavor of every sniper, shotty, rocket, hmg and fusion (still waiting for that last pocket infinity bounty...)

So what say you gaf?

As for wishlists:

1. Hawkmoon
2. IceBreaker
3. Raid Gear
4. Fatebringer
5. Vex Mythocast

Homeboyd

Wizards. Wizards with 10003048923059723450734250934725x solar shileds everywhere. CAN'T WAIT!

It'll be like the summoning pits on performance enhancing drugs.

Yeah am curious as to what new gameplay mechanics they'll add since the portal stuff is out... but tons of thrall rushing me, knight cannons, and one-shot wizards doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs, but who knows. The current raid is nothing like the main game so it could be interesting.

Felt pretty dumb yesterday. Had some Queen's Wrath bounties that would get my 5000 XP still on my bounty list. Deleted them for other stuff. Regretted instantly when I realized new bounties are all PvP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom