• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespene

Those are the comet expansions?

I thought we get two DLCs and then a bigger comet expansion in fall 2015 and then destiny 2 in 2016?

According to the Activision vs Zampella & West court documents, there would be 2 comet expansions for Destiny 1. The comets were scheduled to roll out during the off-years between Destiny sequels, which would come out every 2 years.

Looks like they were planning for something like this:

mid 2014 Destiny

late 2014 Destiny comet 1

mid 2015 Destiny comet 2

mid 2016 Destiny 2

mid 2017 Destiny 2 comet 1

mid 2018 Destiny 3

etc.

From - the - looks - of - it, it seems that the expansions are chunks of the game.

Never understood this myth. Threads don't die off when moved to community.

You new members really should read the FAQ.
I went back and read and now understand
Personally I'm just mad because it means I have to have an extra tab open when I browse Gaf

Actually I've used a fully upgraded TLW on the teleportation team every time. I'm a 29 hunter, so I switch on Chain of Woe and the other speed reload trait and it hammers down oracles quick.

Pretty much GG the first three and six shots on the right side oracles every time. The reload with those traits is less than two seconds and the stability upgrade on TLW means I don't really have to aim and can go "Full auto"
Well with speed upgrades it might help. But as a sun bro at least I don't have that luxury. I could have it with void bro but who wants to be that.

RedFury

I got the A Light in the Dark exotic weapon bounty.

This is the third step

I'm terrible at the crucible, any suggestions for farming this?
Use void warlock with void shotty or FR, or a defender titan with same set up and punch a lot. Let them come in easy void shotgun sprees.

Marvel

could never
Received the Thorn bounty!
i8TV6zws1dNTX.gif

Fitts

Understood. I don't have TDYK yet but I'm going to buy it tonight. Currently a Thorn user and I need some more rounds in the mag.

I get that. As much as I enjoy watching Thorn's reload animation I wish I got to see it less frequently.

You need 20 engrams to go one level. So that's 10-15 Tiger strikes per level. Let's say 13 strikes. Times 70. That's 910 strikes. lol.

My average has been around 2 engrams per strike, plus when you level up you get a nice boost from the Cryp himself in the way of a package that contains a mix of blue and maybe purple engrams. Sometimes that gets you a quarter of a level right there.

So I'd say it's closer to 7 strikes than 13, and in fact it may not be that many. Engrams do drop during, and I'm completely sure I don't do more then 6-7 strikes before I visit him again. Or maybe it only feels that way, dunno.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm a hunter.

Fusion rifle was easier than a shotgun?

I found FR quicker than shotgun. With shotgun I just pull it out at close range as trying to run around with it already out and hoping you get close enough is too inconsistent (Universal Remote aside).

I found that with an FR I can hold it all the time as they have much better range, more encoutners can be dealt with more often so faster kills.

koryuken

Hey guys, so I am level 26 and did the weekly heroic strike on hard. Am i too low to join Weekly Nightfall groups?

Is there anything to do at level 26/27 besides joining VoG raids??

Kalamari

I actually felt that the void kills portion of the Thorn bounty improved my gameplay. I used a fusion rifle so I really had to anticipate the location of my enemy by watching my radar and know situations call for hip fire and which call for ADS. My playstyle has changed from rushdown to more of a baiting style of play.

I guess Ice Breaker was on the Xur list after all, old timers disease must be setting in.

Hey guys, so I am level 26 and did the weekly heroic strike on hard. Am i too low to join Weekly Nightfall groups?

27 is fine for most nightfalls. This weeks nightfall is so easy though that even lower ranks can probably complete it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well with speed upgrades it might help. But as a sun bro at least I don't have that luxury. I could have it with void bro but who wants to be that.
What's the Voidwalker reload speed increase! School me school me!

Also, it might not be completely optimal, but a build with Eclipse Maw VI from the Vanguard Warlock vendor could make a quick-reload hand cannon Sunsinger totally viable.
Is it good?
Yes.

Hedgey

A friend and I both created new characters and entered the Iron Banner (as a joke)
Stat bonuses are supposed to be on? We didn't have double jumps, power melee or supers and we did better than two of the guys on our team. What!?

cjp

Can you mix and match Crucible and Vanguard armour? Is there any real difference besides neeeing different requirements to purchase them?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'll be taking level 26+ folk through the Nightfall throughout the week whenever I can. I'm sure others would help out as well.

Navy Bean

Thanks, so back to my question. Is there anything to do at 26 besides VoG? Or is that pretty much what needs to be done.
Just try to get to level 28. Helps a ton with the weekly and nightfall and the VOG. But in terms of content, you have reached the end of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom