• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

I got the A Light in the Dark exotic weapon bounty.

This is the third step

I'm terrible at the crucible, any suggestions for farming this?

I just finished it last night, so glad to be done with it. I'd suggest doing one of the smaller game sized modes like Rumble or Skirmish as they have the smaller maps in their rotation. I started at Rumble and was going real slow and switched to Skirmish and did a lot better. Something about having the support of teammates helps me out. Try to have both your special weapon and your heavy weapon both be Void damage. I'd suggest a Void machine gun over a rocket launcher as you can usually get more kills.

I also had to do something I never do in PvP games and that is leave games where I'm just extremely over matched. I felt bad leaving, but this bounty is such BS that losing too many points and making it drag on even longer was just too much for me and my morals. Normally when people are beating me, I'll stick it out and let them get their win over me; they deserve it in my opinion.

I can't really recommend Fusion rifle or shotgun as I suck with both but I ended up using a fusion rifle. I only had a rare one so it wasn't even that good. But other people do just fine with shotguns, so use whichever one you are more comfortable with.

Took me around 4 hours to complete. Have fun :p

Futaba

aint gonna lie, fully planning to level 20 a titan in all three slots, swap gear between them and farm the daily/weekly from items/mats.
Already on mars missions with second, wish you didnt have to watch cutscenes every play through

Just got this from the Nightfall Strike!

ylvrtST.jpg

Is it good?

Very Nice.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks, so back to my question. Is there anything to do at 26 besides VoG? Or is that pretty much what needs to be done.

Nightfall
Heroic
Raid
Heroic Raid

PvP - Iron Banner?
Tiger Playlist?
Heroic missions?

That's it for now for end game. Feels fine to me but not sure how long that will last.

Well with speed upgrades it might help. But as a sun bro at least I don't have that luxury. I could have it with void bro but who wants to be that.

Fair point. I was just pointing out that it can still be used there with some tweaks. I will say one thing, it completely dominates the mobs. I wish it had a little more range, but its pretty much one shot for me on everything in the raid. I usually lead in kills.

cakely

Can you mix and match Crucible and Vanguard armour? Is there any real difference besides neeeing different requirements to purchase them?

Yes, you can mix and match.

Look at the stats for each piece. Each vendor focuses on two different attributes, so if you're trying for a particular combination, go with that guy.

FWC for example has pieces with Intelligence and Discipline.

To get the most spending power you'll want one crucible vendor and vanguard reputation at level 3, that way you can easily spend your 100 marks for each type each week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just finished it last night, so glad to be done with it. I'd suggest doing one of the smaller game sized modes like Rumble or Skirmish as they have the smaller maps in their rotation. I started at Rumble and was going real slow and switched to Skirmish and did a lot better. Something about having the support of teammates helps me out. Try to have both your special weapon and your heavy weapon both be Void damage. I'd suggest a Void machine gun over a rocket launcher as you can usually get more kills.

I also had to do something I never do in PvP games and that is leave games where I'm just extremely over matched. I felt bad leaving, but this bounty is such BS that losing too many points and making it drag on even longer was just too much for me and my morals. Normally when people are beating me, I'll stick it out and let them get their win over me; they deserve it in my opinion.

I can't really recommend Fusion rifle or shotgun as I suck with both but I ended up using a fusion rifle. I only had a rare one so it wasn't even that good. But other people do just fine with shotguns, so use whichever one you are more comfortable with.

Took me around 4 hours to complete. Have fun :p
Fusion Rifle is a much better option for completing that bounty step than shotgun. You need to be competitive from distances well outside shotgun range and still get Void kills.
Thanks buddy, that is awesome of you. My PSN-ID is sharpacid. What is yours so I can tag along if there is room?

Can you add me? PSN is scarletham. 27 hunter
I'm Hawkian! I'm raiding with my group at 9:00PM Eastern tonight but may have time for a Nightfall run somewhere before or after.

Look at the stats for each piece. Each vendor focuses on two different attributes, so if you're trying for a particular combination, go with that guy.

To get the most spending power you'll want one crucible vendor and vanguard reputation at level 3, that way you can easily spend your 100 marks for each type each week.
Potentially more important than the stat distributions (which are worth looking at) are the mods on the different vendor armor sets which complement totally different builds. I have links to all the vendors in my final guide to be posted shortly.

Fitts

I need to take out Xyor, so I can finish the bounty. But doing it solo is quite difficult.

Hey there. I should be helping a friend with this when I get home from work, so if you're on PS4 add me and you can roll with us. (PSN:EinFurDieDamen) Just be sure to send me a message so I remember to invite you. :)

cjp

Great, thanks!

What's the Voidwalker reload speed increase! School me school me!

Also, it might not be completely optimal, but a build with Eclipse Maw VI from the Vanguard Warlock vendor could make a quick-reload hand cannon Sunsinger totally viable.

Yes.
Voidwalkers first drain (punch effect) upgrade is faster movement overall for the duration of the effect. This includes Reloading.

Also remind me what eclipse maw is if it's regular armor then not top viable I depend on discipline for grenades

Hoodbury

I'll be taking level 26+ folk through the Nightfall throughout the week whenever I can. I'm sure others would help out as well.

I would love to get that done sooner than later. Any chance you will play during evening hours CST tonight? I'm 3 shards away from being level 28 so I don't know if that would count as being a helper or being a helpee. heh.

Bizazedo

I hope at some point Bungie will lift the restriction on Exotic gear equipment (1 per side), and maybe raise the Light cap that way. It's a bummer that you're limited in the amount of the coolest looking gear you can use at once.

Destiny 2!

It is a little suspect that the gun deals the same damage to everyone in Iron Banner.
In normal Crucible, my Vanquisher VIII does 22 to the body, 32 to the head.

In Iron Banner, every time I paid attention, it was....22 to the body, 32 to the head.

It's a 300 attack Vanquisher VIII :(.

MJLord

What are you doing not farming rep and marks to buy some gear?
I've been pretty unlucky in drops myself, apart from a legendary sniper rifle when reaching vanguard level 3, so I bought all of my other gear / got it from the queen's missions.

All I do is farm rep! It takes fucking ages!

Iron Banner is a Lie

Not sure i buy his testing method but found it interesting never the less.

Hm. It'd be interesting if true.

I mean, all things considered, Iron Banner would be broken considering that Titans would have the most armor, and yet deal the same damage compared to a Warlock, who would probably die faster due to being squishy.

So making it stat enabled...Titans would always win.

koryuken

Nightfall
Heroic
Raid
Heroic Raid

PvP - Iron Banner?
Tiger Playlist?
Heroic missions?

That's it for now for end game. Feels fine to me but not sure how long that will last.

Thanks man. I get the feeling that 26 is too low for Nightfall (according to other people), which is why my options are even more limited it seems :(

Thanks man. I get the feeling that 26 is too low for Nightfall (according to other people), which is why my options are even more limited it seems :(

I did Nightfall/Raid just fine at level 25/26 respectively. Don't let other people try to get you down-It's wholly possible.

Iron Banner is a Lie

Not sure i buy his testing method but found it interesting never the less.

Interesting. I think there definitely is some variation between levels, but I think it's not in all the ways we were lead to believe (ie ALL stats matter). I also think the variation there is a lot less than it is compared to the way they handle level differences with say enemies. I understand the fun of speculation, but I think this is one of those areas (among others) that Bungie should probably give us the breakdown of what the game is actually calculating and taking in to account.

I'm down for some iron Banner as well. You will have to bear with me learning shotty tho!

I will be ready in about 5-10 mins if there is still a spot open.

PSN: CometJP

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Voidwalkers first drain (punch effect) upgrade is faster movement overall for the duration of the effect. This includes Reloading.

Also remind me what eclipse maw is if it's regular armor then not top viable I depend on discipline for grenades
Interesting, is this the skill? Or is there another upgrade? It doesn't mention anything about reload speed, but I guess the speed effect just improves all animations? That plus Embrace the Void could make quick-reload Voidwalker builds a ton of fun. I'm putting it on my list along with Chain of Woe Gunslingers and War Machine Defenders as a viable gimmick Thorn build. :)

And yeah... if by "not top viable" you mean raid gear then no, it's not raid gear. You can't control the stats or mods that drop on you for raid gear and thus can't build around it (without working backwards). Eclipse Maw is from the Warlock vendor.

Thanks buddy, that is awesome of you. My PSN-ID is sharpacid. What is yours so I can tag along if there is room?
Can you add me? PSN is scarletham. 27 hunter
I would love to get that done sooner than later. Any chance you will play during evening hours CST tonight? I'm 3 shards away from being level 28 so I don't know if that would count as being a helper or being a helpee. heh.
Feel free to add me; best thing to do is just watch this thread for me to ask for people to do it, I'll be home at about 7:30PM EST and might squeeze one in before raiding at 9. If you get people to help before that point then by all means go for it.

Bizazedo

Interesting. I think there definitely is some variation between levels, but I think it's not in all the ways we were lead to believe (ie ALL stats matter). I also think the variation there is a lot less than it is compared to the way they handle level differences with say enemies. I understand the fun of speculation, but I think this is one of those areas (among others) that Bungie should probably give us the breakdown of what the game is actually calculating and taking in to account.

Yeah. Like they could translate armor into addititonal / less HP. In that way, the damage taken is the same.

It's still bizarre, though. It'd be different if perks / upgrades were turned off in normal Crucible....but since they're not, Iron Banner doesn't feel special at all.

E92 M3

I want Plan C so badly. Fusion rifles are my favorite thing to collect in this game.

Also hope Bungie announces the weapon patch soon; I'm saving a ton of ass energies.

.hacked

Man Destiny needs an iPad app!
5WhH5iJl.jpg

Got from a purple engram, also got a purple rocket launcher from a blue. Loot gods favor me.

Flo_Evans

Yeah. Like they could translate armor into addititonal / less HP. In that way, the damage taken is the same.

It's still bizarre, though. It'd be different if perks / upgrades were turned off in normal Crucible....but since they're not, Iron Banner doesn't feel special at all.

If that was true you would be one shoting lower level people all the time.

I really did not notice much damage or time to kill differences at all fighting people in iron banner.

I was really looking forward to maxing my specs for this mode, but it doesn't seem to matter much. =/

There is some unique armor to get but its all equal or worse than what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom