• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks man. I get the feeling that 26 is too low for Nightfall (according to other people), which is why my options are even more limited it seems :(

Tbh, if you have decent weapons you should be fine. You die so fast in NF even if you're level 28, and the burn modifiers will let you deal good damage even if you're 2 levels below.

cakely

So what's the real opinion on doing the nightfall at level 27 Titan defender. Also normal raid is in my future

You can do it, but if you try it solo one stray shot from a vandal could send you back to orbit. Bring friends, it's much more fun and much less frustrating.

Waldini

I hope Xur is gonna sell Hard Light. Need a good auto for my Titan. I have Shadow Price now, its good... but I like dem Exotics!

Have a Legendary Scout Rifle waiting for my Warlock.

I hope Xur has a really good weapon available this weekend. I got a ton of coins stored up that I need to use.

Bungie needs to change Xur so that he sells more than one weapon per week.

Make it like 3 per week. 1 is just ridiculous, especially when its all random.

LiK

So what's the real opinion on doing the nightfall at level 27 Titan defender. Also normal raid is in my future

Totally fine. Just have the right gun types for the shields. Also, don't bother playing solo. Friend revives are better.

I just did a match after not playing for 2 weeks, went into Iron banner, top 2, fine with me. And yeah, it doesn't feel different from regular crucible. Shotties still one-shot, punches still hurt..

And one thing that irks me-Why the hell does the cryptarch sell anything at all. It's all shit. What the hell is the rank system for, why is there no end to it? What is the point of ranks?

Looking at some design choices...-_- I'll go...back to playing WoW I guess.

Izayoi

Banned
Iron Banner feels identical to regular Crucible... Go figure.

Does anyone know if the gear you get turns into Ascendant Shards?

Zakalwe

Banned
I hope Xur has a really good weapon available this weekend. I got a ton of coins stored up that I need to use.

Bungie needs to change Xur so that he sells more than one weapon per week.

Make it like 3 per week. 1 is just ridiculous, especially when its all random.

Not enough Exotics in the pool for that, not currently anyway.

DesertFox

I just did it last night as a 27 Defender Titan. (Grouped with 26 Warlock and 29 Hunter)

It was very easy as long as you:

A) Stand underneath the Ketch (Giant Fallen ship) and snipe the waves of enemies at the part where Dinklebot unlocks the door.

B) Utilize the under the platform safe spot to cheese the Archon Priest.

Flo_Evans

I hope Xur is gonna sell Hard Light. Need a good auto for my Titan. I have Shadow Price now, its good... but I like dem Exotics!

Have a Legendary Scout Rifle waiting for my Warlock.

Shadow price is better than hard light... way more range and impact. Hard light is a fun gun against low level mobs and adds but against bosses I always go back to the shadow price.

(plus I can have shadow price + ice breaker equipped, perfect combo)

dancmc

Totally fine. Just have the right gun types for the shields. Also, don't bother playing solo. Friend revives are better.
Cool. Will give it a go when I get home later. Will check the shield types for this weeks nightfall to be sure.

Nameless

Get on Xbox One ya bum! My friends there are finally hitting the mid 20's but we tried the weekly last night and they did not fare so well.

I need help

Don't tempt me DX. You should've bought the digital 360 version so you could play your character on both. I have a couple of friends who do this.

I did the pvp part of bad juju in 4 or 5 rounds iirc. I'm usually average to good in mp.
But the thorn pvp part was too much for me.

I'm not bad at pvp. But it's just too stressful for me. I usually don't have fun.
I scream and curse all the time. Wife hates when i'm playing mp games for this reason.

Anyway, i think pvp and pve should be completely separate and optional. You should be able to level and gear up, collect mats by either playing pvp or pve.

Exotic bounties shouldn't require pvp or at least they should offer a pve alternative.

I totally agree with this. My complaints with this game are few and far between compared to some, but I feel like too much content requires pvp. Side factions like Dead Orbit and New Monarchy are a good example of this. I can earn rep doing Vanguard tasks, but still need Crucible Marks? Makes no sense.

bargeparty

So I got the Hawkmoon from VoG and I have really no use for hand cannons. Plus I already had the Atheon's Epilogue and got the Shadow Price from an engram last night as well.

Is there any reason to keep this? I need shards and energies to keep leveling the stuff I already have anyway.

quoting because this thread moves too fast.

Flo_Evans

That would be awesome...10 crucible marks for shards.

The grind to rank up iron banner is steep though. But yeah you could have shards coming out your ass if you get rank 3 before the week is over... which makes me think they will be like queens gear and not give shards >_<

quoting because this thread moves too fast.

Its a unique looking gun? If you like it keep it, if not shard it.

For PvE maybe, but I don't know about PvP.

Wipes whole teams even if we'll positioned after heavy ammo in Skirmish with one rocket. Is the best pve weapon and top tier pvp weapon for skirmish which as far as I'm concerned is the only legitimate pvp mode in this game.

OH yeah, let me ask this.

What do you even get for doing the Iron Banner stuff? Seems to me like its just for bragging rights.

All the loot from it seems to be the same RNG crap. Plus, unlike Crucible, you can't turn in IB points for anything.

So I have Sunbreakers, a piece of "hard" raid gear (though I have never played on hard, but that's what websites say it is, Treads of the Hezen Lord), a piece of "normal" raid gear (Curais or whatever of the Hezen Lord). So I just need the raid helm and upgrade them all to hit 30? Does the class item matter?

Sullichin

This game actually gave me things last night!

Hard Light from an Iron Banner match. This thing looks really cool and fires incredibly fast. However, I upgraded The Grim Citizen III's stability for the 50 auto rifle headshot bounty, and I think at the moment Grim Citizen is outperforming Hard Light in PVP. Gotta get that stability on HL.

Steel Oracle Z-II - Legendary Solar rocket launcher received in my postmaster package for getting to Crucible Rank 6. I'm very glad I got something I wanted (don't have any legendary heavy weapons yet), because I went crazy getting the last couple hundred points of the rank.

Does Iron Banner have greater rewards in general? That's the only good thing I got from it so far. Wondering if anyone got the armor or weapons to drop or if that's not possible? I'm at like 450/1200 for rank 2.

Wipes whole teams even if we'll positioned after heavy ammo in Skirmish with one rocket. Is the best pve weapon and top tier pvp weapon for skirmish which as far as I'm concerned is the only legitimate pvp mode in this game.

Ugh ...... dude I'm not into Skirmish. That mode sucks IMO.

What bothers me about it is it is all about sticking together and the teams I'm on always break up and go lone wolf.

LiK

What do you even get for doing the Iron Banner stuff? Seems to me like its just for bragging rights.

All the loot from it seems to be the same RNG crap. Plus, unlike Crucible, you can't turn in IB points for anything.

Mainly cosmetic stuff and people using their full power.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
a week I think.

Until the 14th.
damn... we'll see. it looks so good.

*scratch head* http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Iron_Banner_Vendor
Seriously. Exotics are supposed to compliment your build, not be the foundation of it.
I disagree in the most stark terms.

RedFury

The grind to rank up iron banner is steep though. But yeah you could have shards coming out your ass if you get rank 3 before the week is over... which makes me think they will be like queens gear and not give shards >_<

Its a unique looking gun? If you like it keep it, if not shard it.
Lol ~40 more wins and I'll be level 3 not including bounties. 10 a day for 4 days and it's all mine. Edit: does anyone know if there are IB specific rewards? Like the IB rifle, sniper, etc?

I would argue that Mythoclast and Ice Breaker are better, but it's certainly a contender.

Mythoclast is more of a "super exotic" in my eyes, but I think the two are on even ground.

Icebreaker is great but isn't a consistently great pvp weapon given that it's a sniper rifle.

Lucis

what's the easiest / fastest to level alt?
I give up I'm just gonna level 2 more warlocks to get extra chance at loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom